Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-29, 06:38   Link #321
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by noone View Post
there's so much potential in his works but then.....
This is really pisses me off. Every his work I want to read from the beginning and then drop in the middle or near the end. EVERY!!!
Old 2014-04-29, 06:41   Link #322
noone

I feel you bro, I keep telling myself that this won't end well but I'm stupid enough to let my curiosity get the best of me
also, I kinda hate you for mentioning legend of maian, I saw your post at the freezing thread.... I've read that and I was heart broken hahahha just kidding peace
noone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:00   Link #323
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
You are talking about the nyura race.

Yeah, they are like.. gods? Something as Stars Gate with aliens being the rulers of universe.

Maian is a novel with technology, so there are a lot of things like that. And the nukes are real as well.
Oh I see. I wonder if the ending was a sort of cop out or if he got tired of writing it.

Sort of "I'm going to write an epic tale of romance and fantasy, camaraderie and betrayal, complex characters on a complex journey, and then I'm just gonna end it with Aliens."

It makes me really wonder if that's the ending he planned all along, or if he just came up with it to end the book. I think he just came up with it.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:12   Link #324
chancs

His books goes through four phases:

1. New novel introduced
2. Novel becomes popular
3. He introduces another novel
4. He kills the first number novel

* and the story continues*

How I wish this novel to continue...
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:14   Link #325
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post

1. New novel introduced
2. Novel becomes popular

I simply just hope IDY would just retire. He ain't gonna change.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:15   Link #326
Morgead

Quote:

1. New novel introduced
2. Novel becomes popular

Troll level above 9000!!! :/
Morgead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 08:46   Link #327
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
I simply just hope IDY would just retire. He ain't gonna change.
Retire's a bit strong. How about he becomes a story board consultant? He works for a few publisher's, helping young authors come up with good and popular story idea's, and then he leaves before his inner demons ruin everything.

I'm still a little mad about Aflame inferno though.
Old 2014-04-29, 08:48   Link #328
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:

1. New novel introduced
2. Novel becomes popular

Were his novels translated? Because I am really curious
Old 2014-04-29, 10:20   Link #329
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Retire's a bit strong. How about he becomes a story board consultant? He works for a few publisher's, helping young authors come up with good and popular story idea's, and then he leaves before his inner demons ruin everything.

I love Aflame Inferno, I wish it would be continued instead of Freezing. The MC and main heroine there are more badass and lovable.
Old 2014-04-29, 10:38   Link #330
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Oh I see. I wonder if the ending was a sort of cop out or if he got tired of writing it.

Sort of "I'm going to write an epic tale of romance and fantasy, camaraderie and betrayal, complex characters on a complex journey, and then I'm just gonna end it with Aliens."

It makes me really wonder if that's the ending he planned all along, or if he just came up with it to end the book. I think he just came up with it.
Well, aliens are stronk... I mean, Shuiteria is one of the worlds where they are doing experiments.

They're the ones that decided this world is worthless as how people wage war on each other.

Faize and Felix can't do anything, and Felicia intended to destroy shurians before.

Spoiler for last part of Maian:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
Were his novels translated? Because I am really curious
Who knows, I saw a torrent file with the txt (korean) long time ago.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 12:00   Link #331
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syokool View Post
Spoiler for last part of Maian:
Spoiler:
Old 2014-04-29, 12:14   Link #332
GenesiD

What the shit? I was actually looking forward to reading this but then I saw it's a work of IDY. I Read the ending on the previous page and "whoosh". There goes my motivation to read this thing. I don't know the first thing about the story but damn, I felt so much rage at the ending. >.<
I'm considering never reading his work again. Good thing I stopped reading Freezing (mainly due to the sad emotions I feel, can't handle them). Who knows how he'll butcher the ending of that story. It's tagged as a tragedy as well...
GenesiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 12:21   Link #333
anonfr

It actually is sad lol. IDY is actually a good author all things considered. He comes up with storylines that grab your attention, characters and events that suck you in, plot twists and settings to make you intrigued, and then he just wrecks you with a tragedy truck. The NTRish feels that always happen, the "Why can't we just be together" tropes for all his pairs, The murders or drama, or just intense feelings of heart wrenching WTFness.

I kind of want him, to have a partner. IDY starts the stories, and then his partner finishes them.

That way, we get all the good set ups we love from IDY, we avoid him not finishing it since he wouldn't be meant to finish it, we avoid his "For some reason I get in bad moods at the end of stories, so lets make everyones life hell" that we get from the end of his stories.
Old 2014-04-29, 15:12   Link #334
bludvein

I'm pretty sure there was indication that the manga had deviated from the novel's storyline, so we might not be in for such a depressing end. Assuming IDY ever gets around to finishing it....
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 16:57   Link #335
noone

Quote:

yeah...If only he reads criticisms thrown at him
maybe it'll change him a bit
Old 2014-04-29, 20:17   Link #336
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Spoiler:

How does this nuke come into picture. Why are his endings always dramatic and stupid?
Nyuras have technology. In fact, some things Felix have as Nebriam, shields, swords, etc, are just technology.

The nuke is a massive attack to the whole planet to erase everything in Shuiteria.

Why? Don't really now, and that is why I said before it was really stupid.

Quote:
So the Aliens doesn't show up except at the end?!
Yep, but you do know about them before, though not as the rulers but as an ancient civilization that held a power greater than madraline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesiD View Post
What the shit? I was actually looking forward to reading this but then I saw it's a work of IDY. I Read the ending on the previous page and "whoosh". There goes my motivation to read this thing. I don't know the first thing about the story but damn, I felt so much rage at the ending. >.<
I'm considering never reading his work again. Good thing I stopped reading Freezing (mainly due to the sad emotions I feel, can't handle them). Who knows how he'll butcher the ending of that story. It's tagged as a tragedy as well...
UxU and OnihimeVS are good, Phantom King (manhwa) too.

Some of us hope the ending to be a new one rather than the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I'm pretty sure there was indication that the manga had deviated from the novel's storyline, so we might not be in for such a depressing end. Assuming IDY ever gets around to finishing it....
Yeah, and the 2 kids are new this time (I don't remember them in the novel), so I don't think we will get the time-traveling and the subsequent ending.
Old 2014-04-30, 08:14   Link #337
noone

@syokool

I haven't read all of his works, but are all of his male MC are either wuss or d-bag?
are there any male MC exceptions? can you suggest other works of his? I don't like pretty-boy MC's like those at shoujo mangas lol
Old 2014-04-30, 08:37   Link #338
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
@syokool

I haven't read all of his works, but are all of his male MC are either wuss or d-bag?
are there any male MC exceptions? can you suggest other works of his? I don't like pretty-boy MC's like those at shoujo mangas lol
Pretty sure they all are, while the girls are mostly onee-sama girls with massive oppais.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:40   Link #339
ChuckE
Provoker

Quote:
Pretty sure they all are, while the girls are mostly onee-sama girls with massive oppais.
I've got a feeling that IDY has some complex
Old 2014-05-04, 13:39   Link #340
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
@syokool

I think they are.

One exception, if you can call it like that, would be Toa in Phantom King. How he changes himself to Eun Sung after fighting Wraith. Then how he changes after his slumber to overcome sadness.

I don't think the MCs are the problem here, but that the whole story develops in a sad one after certain point. Well, OnihimeVs and UxU did have happy endings, but there are others that go to an awkward path of loneliness and suffering.

I can't say much about the new MC in Phantom King since the series was pretty much canceled, but it seems he has his share of drama as well.

Tags
adventure, ecchi, fantasy, manhwa, romance, shounen, tragedy