AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-19, 14:04   Link #3941
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, it's possible. Anything's possible if Gowther (Demon and/or Doll) is involved.
Old 2018-06-20, 16:22   Link #3942
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Should we be worried about Ban getting his power absorbed by the Demon King? If it turns out he lost part of his power up because of it, I'd be pissed. What is the Demon King's ability anyway? When asked about it, Meliodas told us its name but that doesn't actually explain anything.
Old 2018-06-20, 18:14   Link #3943
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I also hope Ban didn't lose his power. Or at least a large part of it. Maybe the Demon King's power is a more powerful/potent version of Ban's? Or maybe it's similar but also kind of different.
Old 2018-06-20, 19:04   Link #3944
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Should we be worried about Ban getting his power absorbed by the Demon King? If it turns out he lost part of his power up because of it, I'd be pissed.
Any other person would be a husk for life (supposing a human being can survive that), but no doubt Ban will be back to normal in no time.

Quote:
What is the Demon King's ability anyway? When asked about it, Meliodas told us its name but that doesn't actually explain anything.
Whether we get an explanation or not, it is quite clear he is overpowered beyond belief, he seems to be able to absorb any non physical attacks and physical attacks seem to tickle him at most. So no doubt they will strike some kind of deal next episode, it is too soon for Meliodas to defeat the demon lord (and maybe he will not need to).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 21:13   Link #3945
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Meliodas at full power couldn't defeat his father 3,000 years ago, and this is just his emotions rather than the real him. He even said himself that he doesn't have the real Meliodas' power and that he's just his emotions. That's not really even Meliodas himself. And I think Meliodas (the real one) has a right to be allowed to at least have a chance at defeating his father, in part because he couldn't do it 3,000 years ago. The problem is that now he seems to be even more powerful than he ever was.

That said, yeah, they'll probably have to strike some sort of deal to be able to escape. It doesn't seem like they can defeat him in a straight-out fight.
Old 2018-06-23, 08:45   Link #3946
AP24

After watching the latest anime episode, I now know what Merlin's real name sounds like
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 21:48   Link #3947
marvelB

Break's over, so it's spoiler time:

Spoiler for 273:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-29, 22:14   Link #3948
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Break's over, so it's spoiler time:

Spoiler for 273:
Many people guessed it correct. "A weakling who can't even kill an insect" is what Escanor is like in his weak form too after all.

So the memory of Meliodas helping Estarossa to get together with Elizabeth is actually Ludociel helping Mael.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 09:24   Link #3949
DragonOsman
Dragon King

And they got angry when Meliodas hooked up with Elizabeth, thinking that Meliodas fooled her somehow? I see.

Anyway, yeah, it's good to finally know the truth about Estarossa/Mael.
Old 2018-06-30, 10:45   Link #3950
Random14

I'm not too shocked by one revelation, but I am surprised by news of the other relation. That sure puts the earlier flashback/memory in a new light. We knew Elizabeth was one of the high-up goddesses, but now this is starting to sound like political marriage was involved too.

I'm still not sure about what's doll Gowther is up to. He's a genuine comrade but still who knows what the original Gowther left behind. Funny that between Estarossa and the evolving Meliodas (his soulless body anyway) its hard to tell who will be the bigger threat. Too bad doesn't sound like any Meliodas (soul) and Ban scenes, but their fighting is probably done by now.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-30, 11:06   Link #3951
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now we just need to find out how Mael's grace ended up with Escanor.

Estarossa turning out to be the name of the dog reminded me of the twist with Oslo, although this is completely different.
Old 2018-06-30, 12:41   Link #3952
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I also want to know how Mael's grace ended up with Escanor.

@Random14: Yeah, political marriage sounds plausible.
Old 2018-06-30, 14:16   Link #3953
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Now we just need to find out how Mael's grace ended up with Escanor.
The logical explanation would be that the moment Mael became part of the Demon's king elite guard, his grace rejected him, the real question is why Escanor is able to wield it, no doubt most humans would simply become a bloody pulp (think Deku from MHA going 100% over and over the first day he inherited All for One).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 18:02   Link #3954
silenceblade

What about Estarossa's full counter? I excepted him to have some secret, however I excepted him to at least be connected to the demon clan due to his demon energy.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-02, 18:18   Link #3955
DragonOsman
Dragon King

He's a Fallen Angel. So maybe he's got demonic energy because of that? But that still doesn't explain the Full Counter. More questions.
Old 2018-07-02, 22:04   Link #3956
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
(think Deku from MHA going 100% over and over the first day he inherited All for One).

Slight correction, but you mean One for All. All for One is the "evil" version of the quirk, remember!

Anyway, I'm still not sure if Gowther the First can be considered the "true" villain yet, but his attempt to end the Holy War sure has led to a great deal of confusion and tragedy... he's practically caused more damage than Fraudrin at this point. If his intentions were pure, then they backfired spectacularly. At least the doll Gowther realizes the severity of the situation, but I really have to wonder how he plans to rectify things....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 08:52   Link #3957
silenceblade

I thought that Escanor was the reincarnation of Mael because he had sunshine while Estarossa was possessing another person because his body was too big compare to his memory.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 10:13   Link #3958
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Marvel: Yeah, hopefully the doll Gowther can rectify things. The question is "how", though, like you said.
Old 2018-07-03, 11:27   Link #3959
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Didn't expect Mael to be still alive and within demon ranks on top of that, I'm confused at the moment regarding how it all involves Escanor.
Old 2018-07-03, 11:31   Link #3960
Stro

I think that Escanor pride personality is because of Sunshine, I think that Mael have the same thing when he use Sunshine. I guess when Gowther use the forbidden spell, Mael lost his grace since he switch sides.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, romance, shounen