AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-04-15, 16:27   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, I mean, baseball or soccer, I could get, sort of. They're popular sports over there, especially baseball with that Koshien thing. But volley?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-15, 16:35   Link #82
Twi

The school doesn't have other sports teams (aside from Track as far as I can tell) and Kamoshida is a former olympic medalist so they're riding off that.
Old 2018-04-15, 17:02   Link #83
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Something I don't get: why do they care so much about volley ball?
A champion sports team brings a lot of prestige to a school. Colleges prioritize accomplished players for scholarships and seats. The game had a background conversation where a student got passed over for a seat in favor of a player on the team.
Old 2018-04-16, 02:37   Link #84
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

You know at this they'll probably be done with this castle by episode 4. The lack of quality with those fights aside, it's understandable just how much stuff they cut out of this start of the story, but considering how much of the great characterization comes from those moments between major plot points I hope they trim the absolute minimum.

They actually used Last Surprise in this episode. I... didn't see that coming.

The two biggest problems with this episode is that best girl wasn't in the ED, and that precious cinnamon roll's hair wasn't floofy enough as well.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 12:48   Link #85
KPSJ

And looks like they are throwing in social links events looks like this will be rushed.... I doubt they are even called social links in the anime
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 13:47   Link #86
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPSJ View Post
And looks like they are throwing in social links events looks like this will be rushed.... I doubt they are even called social links in the anime
They're not even called social links in the game. :P
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-16, 15:49   Link #87
Twi

Social links are for friends and when you're on the right side of the law. Phantom Thieves don't have friends. They have conspirators.
Old 2018-04-16, 18:28   Link #88
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
This is just not going to be very good. There is a lot to cover, but the decision to cram this story into too few episodes is the core of the problem. Try to cover the entire LOTR trilogy of books in a 90 minute movie. It's going to be a mess. Adaptations need to consider what is feasible. This is going to be 2 cours that feel rushed the entire time.
Not really disagreeing with you, but at the expense of playing devil's advocate, what if that's not really an option? In other words, what if the budget needed to produce a 3-cour or full year production was simply just not possible (for whatever the reasons may be)? Would we rather them do the best they can with the limited run it's given, or would we rather not have a Persona 5 anime at all?

Personally, I'm grateful for what we're given. But I could see plenty of people being perfectly fine with the latter option if they can't do it "right" (so to speak).
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-17, 07:09   Link #89
Twi

I finally got around to doing my recap and review, but I'll post the bulk of the review here since some may have sensitive eyes.
Spoiler for Review:
Old 2018-04-21, 07:30   Link #90
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So I rewatched the episode and noticed something: Ann outright leaves Shiho with Kamoshida.

Game players would know why this is a mistake in the adaptation.
Old 2018-04-21, 08:38   Link #91
Twi

NNNnnnnoo... Ann can pick up a clue as to why she should get going, which is why she did, but she has no reason to think he'd hit Shiho, who mentioned being part of the volleyball team with him.
Old 2018-04-21, 08:40   Link #92
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
NNNnnnnoo... Ann can pick up a clue as to why she should get going, which is why she did, but she has no reason to think he'd hit Shiho, who mentioned being part of the volleyball team with him.
I'll send you a pm on my reply to this as it's a big spoiler.
Old 2018-04-21, 09:54   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Due to the show mixing up the order of events you may be confused about some events which actually are supposed to happen later.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 01:12   Link #94
Tormenk

Ann is featured as the lead for the AoA this time, and it still looks out of place. That said, episode 3 does perform better on pacing and animation. Hopefully they can continue this for next episode.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 03:31   Link #95
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think the animation actually got better. They just took a little more care to not use too many moving parts.

Anyway, I'm fairly sure this episode should fix all the "Oh shit the anime got X wrong" or "Oh shit they retconned Y" things that people said after last episodes. Since this episode did all the things people were expecting to happen last episode.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 06:53   Link #96
Random14

And now they've got a full team. Things are still going fast (wish there had been a bit more time for Morgana's introduction), but ouch, talk about dark. Though Ryuji's plan wasn't exactly great, but then they don't have many options either (since quite a few people are aware of at least some of the gym teacher's crimes, but keep quiet for the team). Its not like P3 and P4 lacked violence, but talk about a horrible school. Maybe its a good thing Ren didn't even have a chance to try to fit in.

Even if it was only for a moment, nice to see the various rooms from the castle. Too bad the battle animation was still so-so, but all these clashes with Kamoshida's shadow is getting a bit repetitive, but it gave most of the team a cool Persona intro. Now for the actual theft.

Next episode should have the opening? At least I hope so, we're already at three and a lot of it just still feels rushed. At least that's most of the basic stuff out of the way.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 07:48   Link #97
Dextro
He Without a Title

Honestly I don't see why you guys feel this is rushed. I was actually expecting them to rush through the first Palace in this episode but maybe that's just because I feel like the first 2 castles are the weakest parts of the game and want to get over them to get to the real good stuff afterwards (namely Makoto and Futaba obviously )
Old 2018-04-22, 08:00   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"Worst case scenario, he could die." <- not seeing a real downside there...

Who was the guy who told Ann to go home? What was she doing?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-22, 08:35   Link #99
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
"Worst case scenario, he could die." <- not seeing a real downside there...

Who was the guy who told Ann to go home? What was she doing?
Not really a spoiler, but just in case
Spoiler:

Overall, a decent episode (ignoring the animation). I feel that they are doing a good job to cram the important bits of the 1st castle into 3 episodes so far. I think the only thing that bothers me is how fast some of the conversations were. Especially Igor in the beginning of episode 3, he's like in a rush to go somewhere
Old 2018-04-22, 08:55   Link #100
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Honestly I don't see why you guys feel this is rushed. I was actually expecting them to rush through the first Palace in this episode but maybe that's just because I feel like the first 2 castles are the weakest parts of the game and want to get over them to get to the real good stuff afterwards (namely Makoto and Futaba obviously )
I think you mean Futaba and Makoto.