AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2014-08-27, 09:32   Link #2101
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
A large section of the plot was changed. The entire story wasn't completely altered but yes a large section of the story was altered. All you have to do is read through HF to see that.

Hell Nasu even stated he was going stop altering F/SN

Yeah I have read through it. I still don't think it qualifies as a rewrite. Very few scenes in Realta Nua were rewritten from scratch, most were only slightly altered. The Tsukihime remake is a what I mean when I say rewrite since it's probably being rewritten mostly from scratch not just having existing scenes altered and reworded. Also that interview is from way after Realta Nua was released anyway.
__________________
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:34   Link #2102
Xero8420
Ashigara's master
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: A disclosed area off coast Ryuku Islands
Age: 28
I heard that this F/SN remake might be based on UBW route. Was it true? Or otherwise, the remake of Fate route?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:35   Link #2103
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Yeah I have read through it. I still don't think it qualifies as a rewrite. Very few scenes in Realta Nua were rewritten from scratch, most were only slightly altered. The Tsukihime remake is a what I mean when I say rewrite since it's probably being rewritten mostly from scratch not just having existing scenes altered and reworded. Also that interview is from way after Realta Nua was released anyway.
The Tsukihime remake that's not even out. Yes that one. We don't even know what he's doing with that. Anyway Nasu has made no indication he wants to rewrite FSN instead he's made indictions that those alterations are all he's doing for the base story. This was never about Nasu completely changing FSN but the fact that any alterations he wanted to do to it he has most likely already done.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:36   Link #2104
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
almost all reference to sex is completely removed and alter to something else (aside frm Caster). That's pretty significant (e.g Shinji is no longer a rapist etc). They're not exactly small changes.
Yeah, but the sex references are removed because of censorship, not because he thinks it makes it a better story. It's pretty obvious from looking at HF in particular that Nasu didn't really care about the H-replacement stuff much. He's barely even bothered changing the CGs (e.g. Sakura is still partially unclothed when she kills Shinji).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
A large section of the plot was changed. The entire story wasn't completely altered but yes a large section of the story was altered. All you have to do is read through HF to see that.
It's more that the plot was censored than that it was changed. None of it is specifically stated not to happen (and, indeed, Zero demonstrates quite conclusively that Sakura is getting worm-raped, despite using the RN version of the worms), it's just not mentioned in order to appease the censors.
__________________
Come to forums.darksidemoon.net, a new Type-Moon forum.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:39   Link #2105
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah, but the sex references are removed because of censorship, not because he thinks it makes it a better story. It's pretty obvious from looking at HF in particular that Nasu didn't really care about the H-replacement stuff much. He's barely even bothered changing the CGs (e.g. Sakura is still partially unclothed when she kills Shinji).


He altered scenes in Fate route etc that didn't have anything to do with censorship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah, but the sex references are removed because of censorship, not because he thinks it makes it a better story. It's pretty obvious from looking at HF in particular that Nasu didn't really care about the H-replacement stuff much. He's barely even bothered changing the CGs (e.g. Sakura is still partially unclothed when she kills Shinji).



It's more that the plot was censored than that it was changed. None of it is specifically stated not to happen (and, indeed, Zero demonstrates quite conclusively that Sakura is getting worm-raped, despite using the RN version of the worms), it's just not mentioned in order to appease the censors.
It doesn't use RN version of the worms check again.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:42   Link #2106
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I heard that this F/SN remake might be based on UBW route. Was it true? Or otherwise, the remake of Fate route?
It says right in the title of the thread it's UBW.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:44   Link #2107
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The Tsukihime remake that's not even out. Yes that one. We don't even know what he's doing with that. Anyway Nasu has made no indication he wants to rewrite FSN instead he's made indictions that those alterations are all he's doing for the base story. This was never about Nasu completely changing FSN but the fact that any alterations he wanted to do to it he has most likely already done.
Oh I don't believe that Nasu is ever going to rewrite F/SN nor that he wants to. What I'm trying to say is that the interview in question was done after Realta Nua was released and therefore it's odd to argue that he has already rewritten the Saber/Shirou relationship.

Edit: I realized that you and I are arguing about different things so let's just drop this.
__________________
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 09:47   Link #2108
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I heard that this F/SN remake might be based on UBW route. Was it true? Or otherwise, the remake of Fate route?
The tv series is UBW. There is also a movie (or set of movies but it hasn't been confirmed yet. wording suggests this might be the case) of HF being released. Fate is being released on iOS but it isn't getting an anime adaption.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 10:28   Link #2109
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He altered scenes in Fate route etc that didn't have anything to do with censorship.
Yeah, he did, because he thought it would improve them. That doesn't mean that all of the alterations were believed to be an improvement, though.

Quote:
It doesn't use RN version of the worms check again.
Yeah, it does. They're armoured. The ones in the original FSN literally just look like penises.
__________________
Come to forums.darksidemoon.net, a new Type-Moon forum.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 11:36   Link #2110
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah, he did, because he thought it would improve them. That doesn't mean that all of the alterations were believed to be an improvement, though.



Yeah, it does. They're armoured. The ones in the original FSN literally just look like penises.
The ones in the Realta Nua are rhino's (as in they have prominent horns). Because they don't just hang around the lower area, they move around and cause great pain/drink blood. That's why she's a needs lots of blood. Fate/Zero's worms aren't like that at all. Nasu had already explained for the originals ones that for females they hang around the lower area, for males they higher and cause more pain (hence Kariya). Realta Nua's do that for both.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 12:50   Link #2111
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The ones in the Realta Nua are rhino's (as in they have prominent horns). Because they don't just hang around the lower area, they move around and cause great pain/drink blood. That's why she's a needs lots of blood. Fate/Zero's worms aren't like that at all. Nasu had already explained for the originals ones that for females they hang around the lower area, for males they higher and cause more pain (hence Kariya). Realta Nua's do that for both.
Erm, no, they don't. The way the worms work is not changed in Realta Nua, it's just made less explicit. Further, the RN worms look more like the ones in Zero than the ones from the original do, because the ones in Zero have armour.

And, her need for blood is just another method of prana transfer, just like her need for sex in the original. It's not because they drink blood specifically. If it was, then that implies she must have been drinking blood from someone else (likely Shinji) previously.
__________________
Come to forums.darksidemoon.net, a new Type-Moon forum.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 12:58   Link #2112
cyberdemon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, no, they don't. The way the worms work is not changed in Realta Nua, it's just made less explicit. Further, the RN worms look more like the ones in Zero than the ones from the original do, because the ones in Zero have armour.

And, her need for blood is just another method of prana transfer, just like her need for sex in the original. It's not because they drink blood specifically. If it was, then that implies she must have been drinking blood from someone else (likely Shinji) previously.
I find the thought that someone like Shinji of all people would be willing to let anyone suck his blood to be hilarious.
__________________
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 14:42   Link #2113
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 36
Yeah, exactly....
__________________
Come to forums.darksidemoon.net, a new Type-Moon forum.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 15:11   Link #2114
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
He altered scenes in Fate route etc that didn't have anything to do with censorship.



It doesn't use RN version of the worms check again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Yeah, he did, because he thought it would improve them. That doesn't mean that all of the alterations were believed to be an improvement, though.



Yeah, it does. They're armoured. The ones in the original FSN literally just look like penises.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
The ones in the Realta Nua are rhino's (as in they have prominent horns). Because they don't just hang around the lower area, they move around and cause great pain/drink blood. That's why she's a needs lots of blood. Fate/Zero's worms aren't like that at all. Nasu had already explained for the originals ones that for females they hang around the lower area, for males they higher and cause more pain (hence Kariya). Realta Nua's do that for both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, no, they don't. The way the worms work is not changed in Realta Nua, it's just made less explicit. Further, the RN worms look more like the ones in Zero than the ones from the original do, because the ones in Zero have armour.

And, her need for blood is just another method of prana transfer, just like her need for sex in the original. It's not because they drink blood specifically. If it was, then that implies she must have been drinking blood from someone else (likely Shinji) previously.
It's funny how you guys are debating about sex worms XDDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usami_Haru View Post
Oh I don't believe that Nasu is ever going to rewrite F/SN nor that he wants to. What I'm trying to say is that the interview in question was done after Realta Nua was released and therefore it's odd to argue that he has already rewritten the Saber/Shirou relationship.

Edit: I realized that you and I are arguing about different things so let's just drop this.
Yeah, most people interpreted it that way. I've heard it alot so theres my proof. But yeah, it would be best to drop
__________________
mirakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 15:33   Link #2115
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry_Lover View Post
Erm, no, they don't. The way the worms work is not changed in Realta Nua, it's just made less explicit. Further, the RN worms look more like the ones in Zero than the ones from the original do, because the ones in Zero have armour.

And, her need for blood is just another method of prana transfer, just like her need for sex in the original. It's not because they drink blood specifically. If it was, then that implies she must have been drinking blood from someone else (likely Shinji) previously.
Armor doesn't change how they fundamentally look.. come on your dancing around the fact the one looks like penis and one looks like Rhino and has horns (you know horns)...

We're arguing over penis worms so if you don't understand my statement lets stop.

Though seriously Armor that's your argument? Really? How about the fact one has horns and the other does not. You know the more striking difference. It's like seeing a zebra and saying that's horse. See those hooves! It's a horse! Perfectly proves my point!
:lol :lol
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 16:18   Link #2116
Cherry_Lover
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 36
Well, it's pretty clear that Nasu used at least part of the design from RN in Zero. As for the horns, do we ever really see the worms in Zero close-up? They might well have horns....
__________________
Come to forums.darksidemoon.net, a new Type-Moon forum.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 16:31   Link #2117
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
XDDD Nice XDD Why don't you search some pics instead? lol.
__________________
mirakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 16:33   Link #2118
Tenchi Hou Take
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
XDDD Nice XDD Why don't you search some pics instead? lol.
This conversation man... :lol
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 16:43   Link #2119
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 34
Better than ranting at walls about who's waifu is better.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-27, 16:45   Link #2120
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Better than ranting at walls about who's waifu is better.
meanwhile on the Games thread: Another wall of text appeard about exactly that topic...
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.