AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-05, 15:56   Link #61
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Actually, if they worked on two projects at once, wouldn't the quality of both decrease because, according to Jehuty77, they're a smaller company? They'd have to split their attention and effort between two projects, instead of putting 100% [I hope] into one project.
You speak Truth... sudden expansions are the deathstroke for many small companies. The mantra "do your thing and do it well" is key for longevity and quality. "Expand as fast as you can" is just a form of corporate cancer that almost invariably destroys what made a company special in the first place.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:59   Link #62
Flarey
Fandub Voice Actor Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
The Haruhi ED is almost *all* dancing, while the Lucky Star OP is not, so there's really just less material for people to imitate.
Well that's only cause Haurhi's was made into a full dance as an extra. The original version doesn't have a complete dance. They could also do the same to lucky star since it's OP is a parody of Haruhi.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:37   Link #63
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I think in their excitement, some people failed to notice that it says on July 10th they will be making an ANNOUNCEMENT. Not that it will be going into production, but that somebody is going to talk about it in greater detail.
It's pretty much been confirmed by the images from the latest Newtype mazagine, which some people already have their hands on through early release:
http://www.animaniax.net/daial01.htm

The official announcement should be tomorrow.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:41   Link #64
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Alright!

I've been waiting for a second season to be announced.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:54   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
It's pretty much been confirmed by the images from the latest Newtype mazagine, which some people already have their hands on through early release:
http://www.animaniax.net/daial01.htm

The official announcement should be tomorrow.
I mean the details of course, like Cast, Crew, Airdate, Taglines, Production Plans etc.

It also seems that an abortion was made on Clannad for this year. I've read that the air date was pushed back to an unknown date in 2008. Maybe the fan pressure to do the second season of Haruhi ASAP overwhelmed them and Clannad had to be side-lined to get this done now, which worries me because now I don't know just how ready they are.

My other theory is that since Kadokawa seems to be excerising more and more control over what is happening with Lucky Star and Kyoto Animation as a whole, it's possible that Clannad was overruled by them in favour of Haruhi to tie in with the games and figurine line that are being introduced in the not to distant future. Which also might explain the sudden upsurge in Haruhi related products appearing that show. The Viral Marketing and all.
Old 2007-07-05, 16:55   Link #66
Alesiopdv
True Believer of Haruhi

The term "Haru-tard" is horrible. We are called Haruhiist (or Haruhiistas in spanish) I believe the HAruhi Religion only works if you do what Haruhi says: go everywhere with a 1000 watios smile and never stop to do what you want.

I dont think KyoAni has so low budget. At least not like Bruce Timm and Co. (They edited the second part of a Justice League episode while the firts one was airing!!)

Don offend those who like Clannad but Suzuharu is faaaar more popular and the main reason for doing ANY series is the chance of make money and with Suzuharu you can make a lot, a lot, a loooooooot of money.

Actually the HAre Hare has a coreography for the full dance. I lost the links but I do have the storyboards and its sooo funny when Koizumi gets his solo dance. Jajaja
Old 2007-07-05, 17:07   Link #67
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Haru-tard refers to those who are unable to think critically about the show. I *love* SHnY but that doesn't mean I don't realize it has a few faults or issues.

This forum has already dealt pretty severely with fanboi zealotry before .... I request that people please realize there are multiple points of view that are valid and don't shut brains down.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:13   Link #68
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

So long as we reserve the right to call out such people with the opposite viewpoint. I can respect people who explain their opinions well, even if I completely disagree, but I have a very low tolerance for those who make the mistake of thinking I should respect unsubstantiated and rash comments with more holes in its logic than swiss cheese.

Yeah, I'm starting to miss my poli-sci class...is anime discussion considered a decent substitute? That's probably why some of my posts have gotten lengthier recently...I feel the urge to keep my mind sharp...
Old 2007-07-05, 17:14   Link #69
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Whatever the things, i sure hope they don't end up pushing Clannad back because of Haruhi2. I like Haruhi by all means, but this would be a very sudden (and uncalled for) change. I worry that KyoAni might shoot themselves in a foot with such a development. Doint both of the series at the same time would be the worst outcome possible ... we sure wouldn't see the KyoAni standard quality the company is being praised for. Either way - have to wait for the official announcement, but i hope things stay as they were intended to be, for the sake of stability and quality if nothing else.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:16   Link #70
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Actually, I too am sort of hoping that CLANNAD will air this fall, followed by Haruhi in the spring, just because I was sort of expecting that all along. Also, I'm far more familiar with Haruhi's story than CLANNAD's, so CLANNAD would be more of a new experience for me, whereas Haruhi, as awesome as it may be, is still more like just seeing a story I'm already familiar with get animated. At the very least, I'd rather not see both airing in the same season for possible quality issues, even though I'm excited for both.

I haven't heard anything about an announcement suggesting that CLANNAD was pushed back to 2008. When was this made?

Edit: nvm, found it.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:19   Link #71
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

As far as i know, it is a fan started semi-rumor Scroll down to the bottom of This page for more info.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:35   Link #72
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

What do you guys think the story order will be? Chronological or still out of order? I can see merits and faults with both sides.

If it's done out of order again, then there's the problem of totally spoiling the ending of Disappearance. The anachronological order used in the first season worked well because none of the later stories blatantly spoiled the story of Melancholy. However, Snow Mountain Syndrome does reveal pretty much the whole conclusion to Disappearance, so that's going to be tricky to do anachronologically. And I really want to see Snow Mountain animated too...it's like Itsuki's greatest moment so far in the series, lol.

If done chronologically, the last story they can do is Where did the Cat Go?, assuming they're going to get through the Snow Mountain arc. I don't expect The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru will get animated, as it ties in heavily to the 7th novel in the same manner that Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody did to the 4th novel. However, Where did the Cat Go? might not be such a strong conclusion to the season (although it would probably contain the highest amount of animated Tsuruya-san goodness up to that point). It might work if they inserted an anime original episode again at the end, and perhaps dip into the prologue of volume 7 (which takes place before The Melancholy of Asahina Mikuru).

Meh...speculation's cheap...
Old 2007-07-05, 17:43   Link #73
arkon

Whilst I realize this isn't perhaps the right thread for this, but people seem to discussing it in relation to the second season so what the hell... Was there ever an official announcement of an air date for CLANNAD? I'm just saying people seem to think (according to the rumours anyway) it is being pushed back when perhaps they had it planned this way from the start? I.e. to air Haruhi2 first.
Old 2007-07-05, 18:02   Link #74
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I sleep late, wake up and the first thing I see is an announcement for a second season of Haruhi. You know it's a good day when the first thing you see in an announcement of a new KyoAni series.

Anyway, about Clannad, I don't think it's fair to speculate it was pushed back because of this. Anime series are often pushed back from their expected air dates. Besides, they'll probably want to release it about the same time as the movie from Toei like they did with AIR. It's entirely possible the movie has been having production delays and is the reason Clannad has ben pushed back.
Old 2007-07-05, 18:24   Link #75
Westlo
Lets be reality

Saying I'm looking forward to this would be an understatement.
Old 2007-07-05, 18:34   Link #76
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Clannad isn't pushed back until we hear an official word, and we still have no official date on this sequel. My hope is that the second season of Haruhi Suzumiya will start after Clannad is over, and I can't see any reason why they couldn't do it that way.

Anyway, with that said, I'd hope that these series won't overlap each other. KyoAni have proven that their strength is the amount of care that they take with their productions, and I wouldn't understand why they'd wish to compromise that by stretching their resources over two concurrent projects.

And yeah, I'm seriously excited about this, but my attitude is, Clannad first, Haruhi after that.

Edit: Oh, crap, I've seen the official announcement. I can't help but be really disappointed.

Edit again: Or not. It's still not official, just a so-called likelihood.
Old 2007-07-05, 18:47   Link #77
velocity7

Oh man, there's going to be so much hell with people not properly checking their info...
Old 2007-07-05, 18:48   Link #78
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Oh man, there's going to be so much hell with people not properly checking their info...
Exactly what are you referring to?
Old 2007-07-05, 19:30   Link #79
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
It is a bit hard when the current info is so unclear.
Old 2007-07-05, 19:33   Link #80
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

You just have to wait for the official info. It will come soon enough.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen