AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: FullMetal Alchemist or Naruto?
FullMetal Alchemist. Go Ed and Al!!! 51 46.79%
Naruto: Go Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura! 18 16.51%
None of them... 10 9.17%
Both!! 30 27.52%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-29, 06:32   Link #1
triniti
Blue Angel

Question FullMetal Alchemist or Naruto?

I know they are very diferent, but personally I prefer FullMetal Alchemist.

On Portugal there are much more Naruto lovers than FullMetal lovers.

I would like to know the average taste in this forum.

Please vote and tell what makes your choice better than the other.

Kisses to everyone.

Trin

P.S.- About mine, FullMetal has much more logic and is less boring. Naruto's episodes have lots of flash back.

I like Naruto, but I preffer FullMetal Alchemist.
Old 2004-04-29, 06:42   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

If you are considering replying to this thread, then please make sure you give a reason for your answer.

Please do not just give a one word or short one line reply. If this happens then chances are your reply will be deleted.

Remember (from the forum rules)
All threads must serve a purpose and
No trivial polls allowed

So please discuss the topic and try to give reasons for your selection of which of these two series you prefer.

Also note that if we see to many such "Which is better" threads appearing, we will consider closing them. All to often they fail to generate any real discussion, fans of the specific shows just post "me to" replies. If you want to discuss FMA, Naruto, One Piece, etc., please post in the appropriate forum and not start yet another "Which is better".
Old 2004-04-29, 07:06   Link #3
Tritium
doaho...

hmmz hard to pick if this thread was made 2 months ago i would have said FMA cause naruto didn't have a story anymore it was more like dbz. But naruto is getting back up its feet again. i'll guess i'll vote for both now but if naruto will be all dbz like again i'll stop watching it
Old 2004-04-29, 07:39   Link #4
HoboGod
Necromancer

FMA is alot darker than naruto. you wont see the same level of killing and bloodshed in naruto. and killing and gore are my 2 favorite reasons to watch anime.

Naruto has ninjas and better villians. fma just doesn't have those villians that makes being bad look fucking cool. and it really doesn't matter how much killing there is if there is nobody who looks good doing it.

i can't deside, so i'll say both. i hate riding the fence, it makes my ass hurt. T_T
Old 2004-04-29, 08:10   Link #5
Sethi
StormRider

Well this is a tough one, let's see then.
Fullmetal Alchemist has a very interesting story, the pacing of the show is good, they show the right amount of fighting in a anime such as that and they also throw many funny moments during the anime, most of the characters are excellent(Especially Ed), and the animation for the show is very good.
Naruto is a different show, the story is pretty much your normal shonen where a boy wants to become the best ninja with some companions on his side, however what drives the story is that it doesn't center solely on the main character but on the entire team and on many of the secondary characters. It also has many funny moments and the fighting scenes are excellent, with very cool techniques, especially when a certain animation team does the episode the fighting scenes are priceless.
Given all this i'll vote them both, since i am currently enjoying both of them.
Old 2004-04-29, 08:18   Link #6
silentpixel
Champloo Addict

Send a message via AIM to silentpixel Send a message via MSN to silentpixel
I vote both. Both have a deep story. Characters with alot of substance and very well dont animation. You really cant compare them because there so different though. But both are very good.
Old 2004-04-29, 08:35   Link #7
SketchyMcChips

I voted for FullMetal Alchemist.

I like Naruto, but FMA is a lot better:
  1. The FMA characters aren't as annoying as the characters in Naruto
  2. FMA doesn't spend the first 5mins of the show recapping the last episode
  3. The FMA storyline is better and more original
  4. What's happened so far in Naruto could have been covered in a lot fewer episodes
Old 2004-04-29, 09:08   Link #8
Scrumhalf
Ed & Winry? :O

Send a message via MSN to Scrumhalf
FMA.

By a mile.

I pretty much agree to what McChips has said.

FMA has a better storyline, better excitement, and very much better main characters than the over-hyped series they call Naruto. I've only watched 1-38 of Naruto & read the manga last year; then I quit, and I'm glad I've quit. FMA & Naruto are two distinct anime series that cannot be compared, as some stated. Naruto is a action-hyped 'DBZ' clone that has not only one 'main protagonist', but a dozen more (ie. Can the show be called 'Sasuke'?); which certainly does not appeal to my taste. FMA on the other hand; portrays Edward & Al magnificantly as two troubled protagonists in the alchemy world. Another thing I'd like to point out is the 'fight scenes' the fans always come to expect every episode. Naruto fans may be familiar with this, but don't expect it in FMA. It's a much more Mature series.

Edward > Sasuke (Some people say he fights like a Sasuke, acts a bit like Naruto - but has a brain)
Winry > Sakura (Mechanics > Uselessness)
All other FMA chars > Naruto chars.

Scrum
Old 2004-04-29, 09:20   Link #9
jennwenn

FMA is obviously for a more mature audience than Naruto, but they're both enjoyable and different kinds of series, apart from the fact that they're both shonen.

How can I pick just one?! Its like saying "Do you like water or air?". Can't live without either!
Old 2004-04-29, 10:15   Link #10
Joe Dalton

FMA by a mile like someone said already.

1. The story wich is most important 2 me is just far superior 2 naruto... there is just no contest imo.
2. The fightscenes wich are not important 2 me personaly but since its something allot of people are interested in my opinion on this is also that fma is better... Although FMA doesnt have as much (thankfully) its always original and different and exiting.
3. Char development... again I dont think there is much contest here or reason for arguement really.
4. Artwork... even on the best days for naruto FMA is better in this. and since it changes allot for naruto and FMA is always top quality FMA is also better in this.
5. Emotions... well because of some of the things already mentioned fma has allot more effect on the emotions and also displays them far better and in far more depth.
6. Voice acting. Every char in FMA fits with their voice and is always filled with emotion when needed.
With naruto some voices are off and also dont always represent the emotions that they are trying 2 get across.
7. Humor... this 1 is a bit more difficult... since a king frog is hard 2 beat ... but overal naruto prolly has more funny scenes but I prefer the humor in fma since in this case its just more my taste... I am not a fan of easy humor like that 1000 years of pain or whatever...so that is really just a matter of what you like.
8. CUTE STUFF!!!!!!! fma has had way more cute moments than naruto... unfortunatly they are often used 2 tear your heart out

So yeah in quality its really not a question fma is better... ofcourse in taste there are allot of different things 2 consider so I think you should be morre specific in your question... either wich is better or wich do you prefer since there is a major difference.

Also these things are being done 2 death... and ALL are compared 2 naruto wich is really getting on my nerves =/

Conclusion would be if you prefer a deeper story and dont mind getting your emotions messed with a bit I would say go for fma... If your a little less into that stuff and rather have a little easyer 2 follow story I would suggest naruto...

Last edited by Joe Dalton; 2004-04-29 at 10:39.
Old 2004-04-29, 10:32   Link #11
outlaw55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by triniti
I know they are very diferent, but personally I prefer FullMetal Alchemist.

On Portugal there are much more Naruto lovers than FullMetal lovers.

I would like to know the average taste in this forum.

Please vote and tell what makes your choice better than the other.

Kisses to everyone.

Trin

P.S.- About mine, FullMetal has much more logic and is less boring. Naruto's episodes have lots of flash back.

I like Naruto, but I preffer FullMetal Alchemist.
Most ppl that are going to post on this thread will be people that like a lot of anime and go to the regular thread, there are a HUGE amount of ppl on this forum that ONLY go to the Naruto section. Naruto PROBABLY does have more fans, but most will not see this thread. Naruto may be "boring" to some ppl, cuz it DOES have that DBZ style of doing stuff....but it isn't just in your country where there are more naruto fans, in fact, it's probably gonna become the next DBZ to any country it goes to.

Usually only with a pretty popular manga will they start making a show without the manga having an end yet nor restricting the show to so many episodes, so Naruto may even be more popular in Japan, but you would have to check with some Japanese ppl on that one.
Old 2004-04-29, 10:37   Link #12
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Well, I gave up on this series and peacemaker kurogane in episode 8.

I still hear though that it is a good series and has an awesome storyline. Anyways, isn't the manga creator for this series Nobuhiro Watsuki? (of kenshin fame).
Old 2004-04-29, 14:06   Link #13
Nooj
Disabled By Request

I like both but I voted for Naruto.
Old 2004-04-29, 14:18   Link #14
sarcasteak
WAHA~

I enjoy both series, but since this is an poll about their anime versions, I only voted Full Metal Alchemist. I don't want to go on a rant about the difference between the two so I'll just sum it up briefly here: by the time I'm done watching a typical episode Full Metal Alchemist, I revisit the comical scenes for a few more laughs and then think about how the events and information revealed today relate to the unfolding mystery regarding the Philosopher's Stone, the purpose of the Homonculus, etc; by the time I'm done watching a Naruto episode, I gripe about how many unnecessary scenes and flashbacks there were, re-watch the battle scenes, and await for the next episode to watch more fights.
Old 2004-04-29, 14:47   Link #15
Sparkie
キーウィ

Send a message via MSN to Sparkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
by the time I'm done watching a Naruto episode, I gripe about how many unnecessary scenes and flashbacks there were, re-watch the battle scenes, and await for the next episode to watch more fights.
well I kinda agree with you on the fact that Naruto has soo many flashbacks, it's
really annoying. But nonetheless I still really like Naruto just because it has a lot
of funny stuff, ninja fights ect. I also really like FMA because the story is very
interesting, the characters are cool, it's funny and has action. Despite the many
flashbacks in Naruto I still can't wait for the next episode, so that's why I voted
both.

Only thing is: I'm not very far with watching Naruto, currently I'm at episode
23, so maybe de episodes after that are more boring or whatever. I don't know
yet so for know "both" is my answer.
Old 2004-04-29, 15:25   Link #16
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristopherZ
Well, I gave up on this series and peacemaker kurogane in episode 8.

I still hear though that it is a good series and has an awesome storyline. Anyways, isn't the manga creator for this series Nobuhiro Watsuki? (of kenshin fame).
No, you must be thinking of Watsuki-san's latest manga on Shonen Jump: "Busou Renkin."
"Hagane no Renkinjutsushi" is done by Arakawa Hiromu on GanGan.
Old 2004-04-29, 17:54   Link #17
Icer

I like both alot.

For instance, I enjoy each episode of the animes pretty much equally and I love the plot lines and execution from each series.

But the major difference is that I look forward in anticipation to Naruto more, and I also like the characters in Naruto more than in FMA.
I think that's my major problem with FMA, that I dont really care too much about any of the side characters. I only really like the main character, Ed. Meanwhile in Naruto I like the side characters alot more. (Neji, Shikamaru, Kiba)

So, I'd have to say Naruto.
But FMA is not that far behind.
Old 2004-04-29, 18:31   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

This thread is a nest for busy beez and will only get me to put in flame some members who think their jugment is pure wisdom.

I don't get it Xris isn't this very close to a versus thread??

anyway I'll anser and won't come back to see the response at all.

I voted Naruto cause its a lot more entertainment then FMA. But FMA is more complex as a long-terme devellopment storyline. Again Naruto is more of a tipical Shonen so thats why I think this thread is rotten from the beginning.

outlaw55 spoke the second truth ^^
Old 2004-04-29, 19:46   Link #19
DekaMaster
Banned

FMA is by far better. The stories keep you on the edge of your seat and they keep you guessing. The characters are so dynamic and very well done. You really feel for them. Their pain and their happiness both. The action is excellent and is more than just "I CAN PUNCH YOU NOW".
Old 2004-04-29, 20:02   Link #20
Kouji
StrykerX

I'm not gonna vote. Because I like both of these series. And I don't see why that an anime is better than the other anime, well in this case. (it's just ridiculous).