AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-09, 13:19   Link #1
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

SOTM 2010 - May (Seifuku!) - Entry Thread

!!!Welcome to the SOTM!!!

~Congratulations to KORAbanchou for winning the April Contest!~

The theme chosen for May is - Seifuku.
What is that? See here for details.

About the SOTM:
The Signature Of The Month contest is open to all members of the Animesuki Forums. The goal of the contest is to provide a fun and competitive way of showing off and improving the signatures and personal skills of contestants. The winner of each months contest is given the privilege of choosing the theme for the next month.

The contest begins on the first of each month and consists of roughly two weeks of entry creation/submission, one week of voting, and one week off. The entry and voting periods may be extended or shortened slightly as needed.

About the SOTM Theme:
Each month prospective contestants are given a theme to base their entries on. This theme is decided by the winner of the previous contest. The theme can be anything, as long as it does not break forum rules regarding inappropriate material. At the end of the month, voters choose which entries they liked best out of all submitted entries and a new winner is decided. Themes cannot be used twice in a row.

The Rules of the SOTM:

1. Contestants are allowed to create, work on, and submit their entry from the start of the contest until two weeks from the start date. This period of time is specified by the organizer every month. Once the entry period expires, all submitted entries are gathered up and sent to the Voting Thread.

2. Contestants must submit original works. This means you cannot simply cut a picture out, slap your name on it, and call it your own. Claiming someone else's work as your own is also not allowed. Anyone caught doing this will have their entries removed from the contest.

To further expand on this rule:
2A. Unless proven otherwise, all entries made by contestants are derivatives of works made by someone else. Thus, no claim of "ownership" shall be made in reference to the image(s) used in the signature entry.

2B. Misrepresenting someone else's signature work for your own is prohibited and will result in an immediate expulsion of the entry and disqualify the contestant from the current month's contest.

2C. In the spirit of originality, "crop" sigs are frowned upon, but not discouraged; however, the contest organizer can call upon all contestants to show the source of their entry(ies) at any time.

2D. Also in the spirit of originality, new signatures are encouraged. However, if you feel one of your older signatures is perfect for the theme and wish to enter it, you may. Just remember that the signature still has to follow the rules stated above.
3. Contestants are allowed to create as many entries as they wish, but are only allowed to enter one. To submit an entry officially, the contestant must mark the post in the Offical Entry Thread containing that entry with the words "Final Entry", or they can submit the signature to the contest organizer using the private message function.

4. Contestants who wish to keep their entries private until after the submission period can private message the contest organizer with their entry. The entry will not be displayed until submissions are closed, unless the contestant displays that entry publicly.

5. Entries must comply with Animesuki rules regarding signature size. This means each entry can be no larger than 500 x 160, and must be less than 50,000 bytes. They must also comply with forum decency rules. If you think your entry will be offensive or reported to the moderators, don't post it, even as a joke.

About the SOTM Entry Process:

Every month, a new entry thread is created. Each month's entry thread is a central spot meant to give contestants a chance to create and improve their entries as well as their skills, in addition to providing them a place to post their official submissions.
The thread is solely about helping contestants with entries, and as such these things will not be tolerated:
1. Nonconstructive and negative criticism (if you truly dislike something about an entry, be polite and helpful)

2. Comments, questions, or complaints about General SOTM affairs

3. Flaming, trolling, and other uncivil behavior that breaks Forum Rules
Anyone disrupting the thread will be asked to take it privately, to the SOTM Generic Discussion Thread, or if the offense is severe enough - reported to the moderators.

This Month's Entry Period::

This months entry period officially starts Sunday, May 2nd, 2010 and lasts until Friday, May 21st, 2010. Entries will be gathered and put up for voting on Sunday, May 23rd, 2010. Voting will end on the following Sunday.

The due date ends at 11:59 (midnight basically) UTC/GMT. The polling will be up one day later after 11:59 (again, midnight). I will try to be as lenient as I can with last minute submissions but only slightly.

It is up to you as a contestant to know what your time zone is in relation to UTC/GMT. I cannot do this for you.

Here is a site that can help you figure that out: http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_UTC.aspx

Good luck to all contestants, and most importantly, have fun!!!
Old 2010-05-09, 13:29   Link #2
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I tried 2 possible sig whuile waiting for the thread's opening:
first:

second ( actually, this one will be also part of my current serie of signature ):

C&C would be welcome.
Old 2010-05-09, 13:43   Link #3
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I tried 2 possible sig whuile waiting for the thread's opening:
first:

second ( actually, this one will be also part of my current serie of signature ):

C&C would be welcome.
I like the first one better, the selective colouring looks great. The second's a little too chaotic for me, it was hard to make out the picture.

Just to clear things up once more, are we only allowed to do girls in sailor-fuku? Could we do males in seifuku as well or no?
Old 2010-05-09, 13:45   Link #4
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

I'll just throw this here before I hit the bed:

C&C are welcome.
Old 2010-05-09, 15:19   Link #5
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
Just to clear things up once more, are we only allowed to do girls in sailor-fuku? Could we do males in seifuku as well or no?
And I'll add in my question as well. Must the school uniform be a sailor outfit? Or will any school uniform design be okay? (Example: The blazer and skirts / pants used in Kaichou wa Maid-Sama?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-05-09, 18:48   Link #6
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I like the whole atmosphera that surrounds this one, it's really nice, the choose of colors are quite the ideasl and the efects surrounding the main image are really good, I would only change the red border, even when the image itself has red, the border in that color looks a bit distracting at first look and drags a bit the atention away from the main image, remember, red is a color that will always jump first at the eyes of the viewer.

Quote:

C&C would be welcome.
Hmmm... too many bright colors contrasted with several gray scales make the image quite hard to 2understand2 the text is also really hard to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
I'll just throw this here before I hit the bed:

C&C are welcome.
It's a nice concept but the bg has this center part to be too bright, the text is a bit lost in it and drags atention away from the render.
Old 2010-05-09, 20:32   Link #7
Haladflire65
*Artist

First try. Ugh, exams are coming up, not much time this month

C&C please!
Old 2010-05-09, 20:35   Link #8
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
First try. Ugh, exams are coming up, not much time this month

C&C please!
Oh, crap... Oh, I mean, uhmmm... the efects are good and the text is okay, perhaps the smudge around her keg need a bit of work, but I think you should ask Solace if the sig can be asepted, conciderating the general rules of AS forums against images too gorish like that... some people has weak stomachs, you know?
Old 2010-05-09, 20:38   Link #9
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Oh, crap... Oh, I mean, uhmmm... the efects are good and the text is okay, perhaps the smudge around her keg need a bit of work, but I think you should ask Solace if the sig can be asepted, conciderating the general rules of AS forums against images too gorish like that... some people has weak stomachs, you know?
Oh, it's not gore, it's just Celty from DRRR! who happens to have no head....

Spoiler for DRRR!:

But I'll ask Solace anyways

Thanks for the suggestions, too!
Old 2010-05-09, 22:31   Link #10
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
since I'm not joining this time... I'll only here to post some helpful links that can be used for image searching

Ready to go seifuku pix

ShuuShuu
Konachan
Mtokyo

good luck and happy image hunting ^^
Old 2010-05-09, 23:21   Link #11
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
First Try

Old 2010-05-10, 01:09   Link #12
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Oh, it's not gore, it's just Celty from DRRR! who happens to have no head....

Spoiler for DRRR!:

But I'll ask Solace anyways

Thanks for the suggestions, too!
Oh, okay, that was a bit unexpected... hmmm, well, even whet at first hand it looks like the girls had her head just choped, I guess that this aclaration should be enlough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemirmo View Post
First Try

Perhaps... to greenish? You see, normally it's not a very good idea to use a main color from the render to the bg, the render gets lots among it, always seek for a diferent color that adds a good contrast and helps to focus the atention to the render, in this case, I think a yellow would do.
Old 2010-05-10, 03:08   Link #13
abet17
jUsT be uR sELf

just trying ^_^

Old 2010-05-10, 03:57   Link #14
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Version 2:

Spoiler for V1 for comparison:

C&C
Old 2010-05-10, 04:08   Link #15
abet17
jUsT be uR sELf

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemirmo View Post
Version 2:

Spoiler for V1 for comparison:

C&C

i think its blurred... and a little dark specially on face.....
just have a focal point on your lightning ^_^
just on my opinion only.......
Old 2010-05-10, 04:25   Link #16
Mekdra
ImageM@ster

hi hi here my firt try

tsugoeee if it is difficult this competition I have many signatures of seifukus
Old 2010-05-10, 05:29   Link #17
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@ Zwei, I would rework the background's lightning
@ abet17 nice effect, mouse ears ?
@ katiemirmo ver 2 is . maybe add something on the empty corner ?
@ Mekdra JPEG would give better result than GIF

I reworked my 2 possible entries`:
first.1

second.1

C&C would be welcome
Old 2010-05-10, 06:00   Link #18
Rikimtasu

Send a message via MSN to Rikimtasu

C&C will be welcome~
@ganbaru

Look a little bit better than your ver1 of this sig.
Old 2010-05-10, 08:06   Link #19
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by capture View Post
since I'm not joining this time... I'll only here to post some helpful links that can be used for image searching

Ready to go seifuku pix

ShuuShuu
Konachan
Mtokyo

good luck and happy image hunting ^^
Nice one caps, that'll save me alot of time

Here's an extremely rough draft;

Yes, I know that it doesn't have a border :P You can see the stock used by following the Konachan link in capture's post.

Last edited by JRendell; 2010-05-10 at 10:10. Reason: Added draft
Old 2010-05-10, 10:27   Link #20
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

and yea..here's the version 3..

seems like I can't add more into the dark side.=.=
Closed Thread

Tags
signature of the month, sotm