AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-01-29, 02:00   Link #7461
sergel02

Loving the fact that there is a team B and it totally caught me off guard. Lol at Mavis. I want some more Levy action tho.

And my Juvia-vs-Lucy senses are tingling.
sergel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:13   Link #7462
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I'll concede that yes, the 'B Team' has a great amount of hype surrounding them, but none of them are 'jobbers'.

Mirajane - the 'Demon' - If she had more of her original personality, I bet that Mira would be twice as badass as she has appeared until now. That and her stronger set of moves were essentially 'sealed away' for 3 years, so yes, of course she'll be rusty in using them once more. She will ALWAYS be the girl who fought Titania to a standstill. Apparently, Satan Soul uses up a ton of her magic to make the transformation and unlock her stronger moveset so I look for her having increased her magic endurance and possibly some other Take Overs as well. She's also skilled at Transformation magic so changing into someone else just to screw with them is possible as well...

Laxus - Arguably the strongest mage in Fairy Tail behind Makarov and Gildartz, if he still has his dragon laychrma, well, we know that anyone facing him is going to be in for a 'shocker'. This guy is smart, has a keen grasp on what his magic can do and be utilized for, and his base stats are higher than anyone elses. And his jerkass fascade only helps him because he will ram a lightning bolt through you to hit the guy behind you if he has to - he'll just make it pass through you so that you don't die.

Gajeel - As much as we made fun of him for being the Ace of Phantom Lord and to be owned by Natsu, of all people, he is still a Dragon Slayer and a force to be reckoned with. I'll even give him some more heat and say that he's probably the weakest in B Team. But compared to A Team who has Lucy as their weakest...I'd take Gajeel personally. Also, between him and Laxus...railgun anyone? 0-0

Juvia - the water woman who SCARED Erza... Depending on Gray's proximity, she can be potentially jobby or scarily competent. We know that water is extremely powerful and like Natsu-tachi, she went through Ultear's little Time Arc method so she might be a lil unstable coming out of the starting block.

and 'Mystogun'... Can he even duplicate Mystogun's illusionary magics? As soon as he uses his 'Heavenly' magic, the gig is up. Might be interesting to see. ...damn it, why did Mystogun have to have JELLAL'S face...why not Simon or just...someone bloody ELSE... ><
Old 2012-01-29, 20:11   Link #7463
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
well, we know that anyone facing him is going to be in for a 'shocker'.
You did NOT just make that joke! *face/palm*
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 20:47   Link #7464
Slayerx

Quote:
and 'Mystogun'... Can he even duplicate Mystogun's illusionary magics? As soon as he uses his 'Heavenly' magic, the gig is up. Might be interesting to see. ...damn it, why did Mystogun have to have JELLAL'S face...why not Simon or just...someone bloody ELSE... ><
I don't think jerral has to worry about using Mystogun's magic. Mystogun was mysterious and a complete recluse. Most members of fariy tail didn't know what he could do, so i highly doubt that anyone outside of fairy tail knows enough about his magic to know that the man in the arena is a fake

Really he only has to worry about his mask coming off as THAT would screw him.
Old 2012-01-30, 00:25   Link #7465
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

Mavis, is just too awesome. Fairy Tail B caught me off guard as well, though it was a pleasant surprise.
Old 2012-01-30, 00:55   Link #7466
Pascha
Sacred Dome

Want Team B to win since i am sick and tired of seeing natsu win against all the impossible fights he has been up against. However, want gray to win all if not most of his matches, and would be massively disappointed if he lost at the start.
Old 2012-01-30, 01:01   Link #7467
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Well the point system allows for some "upset" victories to occur while allowing Fairy Tail to still pull off the overall win. So there is the possibility of members of Fairy Tail A losing in the battle segments (however minimal as they may be...). Just give Laxus a meaningful victory against a worthy opponent and have someone other than Elfman lose for Fairy Tail A and I'll be happy.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 08:58   Link #7468
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
But compared to A Team who has Lucy as their weakest...
Gemini, Loki, and Caprico say hello, any of those 3 could kick Gajeel's ass or at least tie him in power (and Gemini could have potentially defeated even Hades) and Caprico did defeat Gray with ease therefore making Gray (or Elfman) the weakest member of A team. Plus while I dont think aquarious could defeat Gajeel in one attack she would at least weaken him a lot (same goes for gray or elfman)

Look Lucy maybe be the weakest physicially however magic wise she is not clearly weaker than either Gray or Elfman (she just has less offence magic and more supporting type magic) and is always running out of magic but she has more potential than just about anyone else in the series too besides Natsu on a dragon force power up or Erza defending Nakama, after all the girl did do the impossible when she summoned Spirit king and got that temporary fairy law type magic from hebeki that defeated angle

She really is only as weak or strong as Mashima wants. Plus of all the mages in A team she knows the most about the one magic, so she could rapidly get stronger or unlock that one time magic she used to defeat angel. Lets also not forget she has gotten way stronger in every arc ( the number of sequental summons has almost doubled every arc and if you know anything about exponetial rises then you know soon she'll be at the omg number of summons an arc and at that point each spirit will be way stronger too), unlike some memebers whom seem to have platooed (at least until Ultear unlocked there second mana bar ). Speaking of the power up of the second mana bar it wouldnt suprise me if Lucy started summoning two spirits at once and using the water spirit whip at some point in this arc (and I'll lol if Lucy summons Aquarious from the water in the whip, though it wouldnt hurt to have her not use her for an entire arc either)
Old 2012-01-30, 11:05   Link #7469
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
Gemini, Loki, and Caprico say hello, any of those 3 could kick Gajeel's ass or at least tie him in power (and Gemini could have potentially defeated even Hades) and Caprico did defeat Gray with ease therefore making Gray (or Elfman) the weakest member of A team. Plus while I dont think aquarious could defeat Gajeel in one attack she would at least weaken him a lot (same goes for gray or elfman)
Caprico never fought Gray, Zoldeo was the one fighting Gray and the rest in Capricorn's body. Not only that but he was also using magic that allowed him to control humans (something Capricorn cannot do now) which was why Loki/Leo was the one to stay behind to fight him.
Saying that Capricorn is stronger than Gray is completely false. If anything Gray defeated the strongest of the 7 kins (Ultear) which would actually make him one of the top members of team A.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 11:44   Link #7470
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Really he only has to worry about his mask coming off as THAT would screw him.
If one of the strongest mages around can't use transformation magic, the world is done for xD

Quote:
Hey, Mystgan was a cool character, not because of his face, but "I go solo and kick everyone's ass in secret" attitude. Gerard also has some dark spells at his disposal, would be interesting to see him up against other dark mages.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 21:03   Link #7471
Ermes Marana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascha View Post
Want Team B to win since i am sick and tired of seeing natsu win against all the impossible fights he has been up against.

The way I look at it, they weren't impossible fights... Natsu is incredibly powerful, but the manga (unrealistically) has characters ignore this at times to force him into a false underdog role.

Seriously, when you have a 100% genuine Dragon-taught Fire & Lightning Dragon Slayer going up against a bargain brand fire user, and the manga tries to pretend the first one is the underdog, you just have to laugh.
Ermes Marana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 10:06   Link #7472
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

My heart leapt when I saw Mystogan being part of the B team, but it was brought back down to earth when it was revealed to the 'main' team he was Jellal. But what the heck, its cool also to see what he can do now.

However, Gray got me confused for a moment there, seeing that he looked so much like Zeref from that certain angle.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 15:16   Link #7473
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

one question has been bugging me but why hasn't anyone ask Mavis why Zeref was sleeping on Tenrou Island?
Old 2012-01-31, 17:14   Link #7474
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
one question has been bugging me but why hasn't anyone ask Mavis why Zeref was sleeping on Tenrou Island?
I'd like to see something like this
Spoiler for space:
Old 2012-01-31, 17:53   Link #7475
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
It's starting to look like the answer's going to be "I was lonely, so I put out an ad for a room mate". She just doesn't seem to be there to sweat about the details.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 01:27   Link #7476
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think Mavis was kinda busy being dead and stuff until Kana came over.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 07:39   Link #7477
haegar
mangaviking

lol at last two posts It would of course be nice if one day Hiro remembered this fact and spontaneously decides to come up with some backstory for the two of them ... Well, one can always hope
Old 2012-02-03, 09:47   Link #7478
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for Last chapter:
Old 2012-02-03, 10:18   Link #7479
immblueversion

Spoiler for Chapter 269:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 10:25   Link #7480
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for spoiler: