AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 12 18.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 44.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 27.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-13, 09:10   Link #41
Sumeragi
Banned

In unrelated news. this is what happens if you replace Torajiro with someone else.....

Images
Intimidation?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-13, 09:13   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Having Nanami talk to her stuffed animal was a great way to relieve the tension. Torajirou gave some pretty outrageous advice
Who wouldn't have thought Nanami had such a quirk? Not me. It makes her even more likable than she already was.

I guess Torajirou was the one who made her buy those undergarments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, what’s the fuss all about? Some problems with Korean food? Is it the food, or because it’s Korean? Why all the hate?
Apparently, 2ch REALLY don't like all things Korea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
In unrelated news. this is what happens if you replace Torajiro with someone else.....

Images
Intimidation?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
These days, anybody can be replaced by him
Old 2012-11-13, 11:48   Link #43
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess they don't even like "Gangnam Style". Still, those nationalists are so pathetic that they couldn't produce children to save their own. Anyways, I'm done ranting about 2ch.

Now back to the topic... For some reason, Aoyama is just pushing herself hard that either Yui Horie (working at a convenience store) and Rie Kugimiya (from Osaka) won't take a gander of reliving their early struggles as a seiyuu.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:26   Link #44
Excorsism

Jin's quite the opportunist. Grabbed sensei's breasts while he had the chance, heh heh.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:39   Link #45
Sakanaka Shouko

I like Nanami even more after this episode. She's fun, cute and tsundere. ^_^
Old 2012-11-13, 14:44   Link #46
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...Btw, what’s the fuss all about? Some problems with Korean food? Is it the food, or because it’s Korean? Why all the hate?
Mainly, it's because it's Korean. On 2channel and Sankaku you can find ridiculous anti-Korean prejudice from (I'm guessing here) otaku who have no-one in Japan to feel superior to and so fall back on chauvinism. There is a strong undercurrent of anti-Korean feeling in Japan. Japan used to rule Korea, and some people still look down on Koreans -- while many other people are watching Korean dramas on TV, and listening to Korean music.

Samgyetang is a chicken/ginseng/rice soup that is supposed to be good for you ("To make samgyetang, a whole young chicken is stuffed with glutinous rice and boiled in a broth of Korean ginseng, dried seeded jujube fruits, garlic, and ginger." Wikipedia). There are samgyetang restaurants all over Korea, apparently. Recipes have shown up in North American newspapers over the past couple of years. And it must be popular in Japan, since the Japanese spelling of it サムゲタン gets over five million hits on Google.

But I'm really not sure why they would have made the change. They must have known there would be a bit of a backlash among some otaku. And I'm not sure if that one thing will do much for sales in Korea. Maybe the backlash will, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-13, 14:46   Link #47
Sumeragi
Banned

Over at the Korean part of the net, the general response is: "What the..... why samgyetang of all things? That isn't food to feed a sick person!"
Old 2012-11-13, 14:57   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Really enjoyed this episode but now I'm just disappointed as hell. To be honest I was actually kinda hoping for a AoyamaxKanda pairing but knew there was simply never any chance of it. Now I really want a AoyamaxKanda pairing and it's still not gonna happen.
Old 2012-11-13, 15:51   Link #49
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

As usual, Mahou's (worhtless) two cents of opinion about Episode 6:
- I. It was interesting that this episode featured two plots at the same time. The obvious Aoyama breaking point and the sudden(?) part about Jin's plan to study at Osaka + his intention to inform Misaki about it by himself. Continuing on that road we had as a paralell developpment Misaki's honest wish to get romantically noticed by Jin. Now this is a typical misunderstanding, I think. Jin doesn't want to step-up until he thinks he's worthy enough for her, yet Misaki thinks he simply doesn't see her as girlfriend material (at least my impression). Feel free to correct me. I liked this side of Misaki.
- II. A rather soon breaking point for Aoyama AND a very supportive and perceptive Mashiro. The meaty part of the episode was indeed quite great. Mashiro's request to let her go + her bowing down was one of the peak points of showing her feelings in a open manner. And her offer of using first-name basis as the proof of a (starting) friendship or at least acceptance. The AoyamaxSorata moments were done quite well à la the rain scene when she "confessed" her troubles. And her talk with the plushed animal was entertaining as well. "Just push him down on your bed" a Mashiro's smile at the end = pure gold. The other "smaller" scenes like Aoyama giving the Mashiro-duty back to Sorata + her acknowleding that Mashiro worked all-night long despite being a genius were nice as well.

Random small comments
- Sorata got pwned by his cat when she/he tapped ono the mouse button and set away his game concept was classic
- The dorm lady's first action where she actually did something useful O_O. Wonders do happen afterall.
- I wished they made a bit more out of Mashiro's first released manga-in-magazine seeing that Sorata offering to buy it together in the previous episde mader her happy, but I understand that her worries about Aoyama took priority.
- Jin's as perceptive as usual and I prefer him in this "adviser" role.
Old 2012-11-13, 16:08   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Mainly, it's because it's Korean. On 2channel and Sankaku you can find ridiculous anti-Korean prejudice from (I'm guessing here) otaku who have no-one in Japan to feel superior to and so fall back on chauvinism. There is a strong undercurrent of anti-Korean feeling in Japan. Japan used to rule Korea, and some people still look down on Koreans -- while many other people are watching Korean dramas on TV, and listening to Korean music.

Samgyetang is a chicken/ginseng/rice soup that is supposed to be good for you ("To make samgyetang, a whole young chicken is stuffed with glutinous rice and boiled in a broth of Korean ginseng, dried seeded jujube fruits, garlic, and ginger." Wikipedia). There are samgyetang restaurants all over Korea, apparently. Recipes have shown up in North American newspapers over the past couple of years. And it must be popular in Japan, since the Japanese spelling of it サムゲタン gets over five million hits on Google.

But I'm really not sure why they would have made the change. They must have known there would be a bit of a backlash among some otaku. And I'm not sure if that one thing will do much for sales in Korea. Maybe the backlash will, lol.
Ah, I see. Thanx for the answers both of you .

Quote:
Over at the Korean part of the net, the general response is: "What the..... why samgyetang of all things? That isn't food to feed a sick person!"
Now that's interesting. Maybe it's like feeding a sick person Nasi Goreng. People here will go WTH!
Old 2012-11-13, 16:15   Link #51
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Now that's interesting. Maybe it's like feeding a sick person Nasi Goreng. People here will go WTH!
Slightly different. Samgyetang is good after a person gets well as a way of supplying nutrition, but to give it to someone who just got over a high fever is a bit too much to digest. Jin should have made congee, like in the original novel.
Old 2012-11-13, 16:38   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Slightly different. Samgyetang is good after a person gets well as a way of supplying nutrition, but to give it to someone who just got over a high fever is a bit too much to digest. Jin should have made congee, like in the original novel.
Wait a minute. So they changed the food from the source material which is more proper for a sick person than what's in the anime? Now that's a questionable decision. Why would they do that?
Old 2012-11-13, 17:04   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, it's a pretty puzzling change. There was no point in changing that dish, especially since the new dish they chose is inappropriate for a sick person. You have to wonder what they were thinking.

Then there is the racist backlash... however, I doubt the writers had any idea this change would cause such over-exaggerated and dumb reactions.
Old 2012-11-13, 17:59   Link #54
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Did the preview remind anyone else of this?

Old 2012-11-13, 18:37   Link #55
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I wondered why they would have bothered to change to a Korean dish, but a report on a Japanese blog does suggest one reason: the show is being simulcast in Korea with Korean subtitles. So it was a nice idea that was not especially well researched and ended up having some negative consequences.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-13, 19:14   Link #56
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So Japan throws an anti-Korean fit and the Koreans go "why samgyetang?". Good job, whoever thought of that samgyetang idea.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-13, 19:26   Link #57
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
There is a strong undercurrent of anti-Korean feeling in Japan. Japan used to rule Korea, and some people still look down on Koreans -- while many other people are watching Korean dramas on TV, and listening to Korean music.
Rivalry goes back several centuries, so bitterness is deeply ingrained in the general population. I don't think it's just about old colonial mentalities (historically, both countries feared invasion by the other while vying for China's respect and favour), although Japan's economic success, territorial occupation, and international influence have certainly fueled a sense of superiority.

Some hope that entertainment might help bridge people even amidst all the political tension.
Old 2012-11-13, 19:57   Link #58
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Great episode. I really felt for Nanami... the scene of her breaking down was heart-breaking (and that other girl was a complete bitch).
That's too much calling her a bitch. It was Nanami's fault to begin with for forcing herself to go despite her condition.
Old 2012-11-13, 20:25   Link #59
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
That's too much calling her a bitch. It was Nanami's fault to begin with for forcing herself to go despite her condition.
Some people seem to forget that the career from that other girl was also at stake thanks to Aoyama. That she got mad is completely understandable, everyone would.
Old 2012-11-13, 20:54   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Did the preview remind anyone else of this?

Pretty much exactly thought this. That must be some little sister to need that kind of intro song .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Some people seem to forget that the career from that other girl was also at stake thanks to Aoyama. That she got mad is completely understandable, everyone would.
I have to agree with you there. Just because we don't know much about her doesn't mean it's not understandable why she lost her temper there. Will probably regret snapping like that later, but nothing wrong with being mad in the heat of the moment there.