AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-25, 00:02   Link #1701
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I don't think I've ever seen anyone consider a Kyoto Animation show to have mediocre animation.

I mean I've heard people not liking their shows, but never their animation.

Fasinating.
Old 2013-01-25, 00:42   Link #1702
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I don't think I've ever seen anyone consider a Kyoto Animation show to have mediocre animation.
Yes, I was about to step in with "Okay, so you don't like the plot and the characters but wait just one cotton-picking minute there....."
There's just no way a sane person can look at the concert scene from Haruhi while she's singing and and go "Meh, mediocre animation".

Nuh-uh.
NO.
Old 2013-01-25, 15:29   Link #1703
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Yes, I was about to step in with "Okay, so you don't like the plot and the characters but wait just one cotton-picking minute there....."
There's just no way a sane person can look at the concert scene from Haruhi while she's singing and and go "Meh, mediocre animation".

Nuh-uh.
NO.
KyoAni is one of the best in Japanese animation. Same cant be said for all animation tho. He probably dont like high budget Japanese animation b/c he thinks its choppy compared to high budget stuff from other countries. Thats the only way I can imagine he says KyoAni is mediocre animation, b/c he thinks most Japanese animation is mediocre anyway.

And anyway Ive remember times when KyoAni has made stupid animation choices too.
Old 2013-01-26, 10:54   Link #1704
kitten320

I'm with you, hate Haruhi too. It bored me to death. Though surprisingly movie was quiet good, probably because ass Haruhi was missing for biggest part
Old 2013-02-11, 00:31   Link #1705
GreatTeacherKen

Mars of Destruction- A short 19 minute OVA though I think it probably was intended to be longer since it ends on a cliffhanger, but seeing how poorly made the episode we did get was, perhaps it's a good thing more episodes weren't made.

The plot and characters aren't well developed. For the latter, I can't think of a good way to describe their personalities since they don't really show much personality nor are their motivations explained in any depth. I don't think the short length excuses this either since most stories give the audience a good sense of a character's basic personality and motivations within their introduction. The same thing applies to the OVA's plot which also is not well explained so there's little sense of what is at stake. Not to mention the plot twist that concludes the OVA comes out of nowhere.

The animation is very limited which is very noticeable during the fight scenes where the characters seem to just stand around and get hit. There are also quite a few pointless and not very impressive looking panning shots.
Old 2013-02-11, 00:36   Link #1706
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Mars of Destruction
Damn, that anime was bad. Watching it now.
Old 2013-02-11, 08:47   Link #1707
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

How about Blood-C? It's like if it was written by ten guys with different opinions which resulted in its huge changes across the episodes. Also there are scenes that are freaking disturbing.

Another one I think deserves this is Demon Lord Dante. Why? Well, the hero joins with a group of murders who have been killing your girls including his own sister and the show actually takes them as the good guys. Then there's this big plot hole in which they can't decide which the true identity of Dante and a ridiculous flashback in which the heroes fight none other than God. Also, the ending is pure clusterf#!k: APOCALYPSE BY INCEST!!
Old 2013-02-12, 09:04   Link #1708
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Pale Cocoon. At least I knew to lower my expectations since I was hyped from watching Time of Eve. Otherwise it doesn't have the excuse of being earlier in Yoshiura's career because Aquatic Language at least made sense of itself. If there's one thing I can't stand in anime, it's the pretentious undertones of shows that throw random things together and seriously want the viewer to think when there's no question to answer. And my God Pale Cocoon is obfuscating for the sake it.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-02-13, 05:02   Link #1709
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Any anime that based on non-Japanese games are tend to fail especially Dante's Inferno: Animated Epic and Mass Effect: Paragon Lost. I can't say much for Dante's Inferno one but as for Mass Effect: Paragon Lost is bad even from an ME otaku. First there are some inconsistencies with the lore and worst of all the MC is not even Shepard in fist place.
Old 2013-02-15, 14:37   Link #1710
kitten320

Mouryou no Hako - can't say it is the worst of the worst but I didn't enjoy it.

Show tried to be something big yet failed. Characters didn't get explored enough, most of revelations didn't make much sense nor were they really needed.

Maybe I'm stupid but:
Spoiler for spoilers:

I mean really? It didn't add anything to a story except adding several more freaks to a mix.

Also whole possession thingy sounded as a very poor excuse to all the actions characters did.

It is interesting to see a freak world but creators didn't explore it well. It looked more like a collection of random nonsense.

There were only few things that I liked.
Old 2013-02-18, 15:38   Link #1711
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK_500 View Post
Any anime that based on non-Japanese games are tend to fail especially Dante's Inferno: Animated Epic and Mass Effect: Paragon Lost. I can't say much for Dante's Inferno one but as for Mass Effect: Paragon Lost is bad even from an ME otaku. First there are some inconsistencies with the lore and worst of all the MC is not even Shepard in fist place.
Not that I have seen these series or knew they existed.

But just thinking of all the crazy fandom-rage over which Shepard is canon... and that was just about some short ads.
I believe it is a very, very wise choice not to make her() the MC.
Old 2013-02-18, 15:55   Link #1712
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Rio Rainbow Gate and that Horizon series.
Old 2013-02-19, 12:28   Link #1713
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Anyone ever checked Garzey's Wing? The story is already convoluted but the voice acting takes it to a whole new level.

Old 2013-02-20, 00:12   Link #1714
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Rio Rainbow Gate and that Horizon series.
Not a fan of boobs, I assume.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-20, 00:30   Link #1715
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Anyone ever checked Garzey's Wing? The story is already convoluted but the voice acting takes it to a whole new level.

Show me the ancient Japanese man's spirit

He is just a human! Humans are just human
Old 2013-02-20, 00:35   Link #1716
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post

This falls under "So bad, it's good" though.
Old 2013-02-20, 12:59   Link #1717
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Not a fan of boobs, I assume.
Boobs, or overinflated balloons that are supposed to pass as such?
Old 2013-02-20, 14:20   Link #1718
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Boobs, or overinflated balloons that are supposed to pass as such?
Man you know you're right lolol
Old 2013-02-20, 19:31   Link #1719
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

But, but...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-21, 10:48   Link #1720
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

K.

Jesus, yes we see your pretty animation. Now, can we move the story?

Last edited by The Butcher; 2013-02-21 at 11:47.
Closed Thread