AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2007-01-27, 13:08   Link #1
Ledgem
Love Yourself

"Deals" forum request

Wouldn't it be nice if we had a forum where people could post deals that they find? As you probably know, many deals are offered during limited time frames. I know one forum used to have a very active community contribution with pointing out deals and/or coupon/rebates - in fact, I only went to the forum to browse what was available.

I was originally thinking to request it for the technology section, but there are deals that pop up for licensed anime as well. The people in that section could benefit from a community effort to make deals more well-known, too.

Theoretically this could be pulled off as a sticky, but I believe that a forum would make it easier to sort and search. Ideally we'd also have the topics strictly enforced for a certain format, such as "Date-Date Product $savings for $price you pay" (or for anime, Product could be series and/or episodes... something along those lines).

I know that a number of our users are relatively young and probably don't care about deals, but I'm sure I'm not the only gunner on here. And everyone does love a good deal... any thoughts?

edit I was going to post a deal in the tech forum, but when I went to link it, I saw that they were out of stock and had removed the product page from their site. The deal was too good: a $170 17" LCD, which came to $70 after $100 in rebates. Sorry guys, I really wanted to share that deal with someone... (the monitor is quite nice too)
Old 2007-01-27, 13:35   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

I don't really see the need for an entire forum for this (but then I must admit I'm not so gung-ho on the idea anyway ).

Wouldn't a thread in the Tech Support forum and another in the Licesned forum (i.e. use the existing "Where do I buy..." Thread) do the job.

It's back to the question of what the objective of these forums are, I don't quite see the need to make them the "be all and end all" of all forums. We are really just a gathering of anime enthusiasts and I would prefer to see it continue that way
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-27, 13:54   Link #3
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm not suggesting that we have a forum for deals on everything. It's true that we're a gathering of anime enthusiasts, so at the very least, a forum mentioning deals on websites for certain series would probably be warranted. The only reason I could think that it wouldn't be would be because the deals don't pop up often enough, or there are so few sites that do it that everyone's subscribed to their newsletters anyway. Otherwise, I think it'd be a nice way for people to get some anime for cheap.

As for the technology aspect, I understand if that one won't fly. Anime fans typically are also technology fans, but perhaps to a lesser extent. In its implementation, whether it be a sticky or a subforum, there is a chance that it could be messy and ineffective. If it were done properly, I think it'd be a nice resource, though.
Old 2007-01-29, 23:35   Link #4
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Try this site Ledgem. It does not really involve with Anime but rather materials from retails around the united states and the online site that involves around the united states. This is my personal favorite site for this too.

Consumer Electronics, Clothes, Freebies...etc.

Slickdeals.net

There's a forums section for it too, for discussion and such.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 05:22   Link #5
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Another one: http://www.fatwallet.com/

Yet another one: http://www.bensbargains.net/

There was one more I used to have, but I forgot the link.

An anime-specific deal sticky would be best suited for this forum, I would think. One that would have hot deals from TRSI for example. That 25 discs for $100 deal from them last year resuted in a large spending spree for me (and a lot of other people).
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote