AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-10-14, 22:51   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 696 Discussion Thread

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers will be released whenever they are released nowadays...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-15, 22:36   Link #2
Vajra
So Like A Rose

I know Sasuke doesn't die (spoiled from the movie), but I sure do hope Naruto beats him within an inch of his life.
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 03:41   Link #3
rladls2121

Well Naruto has to, he cannot just give up on his dream becoming a hokage.
Sasuke have his reason, but he confined all those tail beasts.
Sasuke becoming hokage equals nightmare.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 05:35   Link #4
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Spoiler for this chapter:
Old 2014-10-16, 05:41   Link #5
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuranbo View Post
I know Sasuke doesn't die (spoiled from the movie), but I sure do hope Naruto beats him within an inch of his life.
I would love for this to happen, but it wont because Naruto has such a soft spot for Sasuke.
Old 2014-10-16, 05:41   Link #6
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

He hurls burning scrotums...

ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 05:50   Link #7
Tchadnis

talk no jutsu mixed with action , we all saw this comming , what Sasuke way of hokage is , but it does seem more powerful then Naruto right now .. doing rikudou level stuff
Old 2014-10-16, 07:33   Link #8
Eragon
Still Alive

"A jutsu that shows exactly how lonely you are"

That sick burn
Old 2014-10-16, 07:33   Link #9
Wandering Soul

They balanced out the talking with the fighting. The fight seems to be going in Sasuke's favor though and now after combining all the chakra from the tailed beasts he is apparently at the same level as the Sage of Six paths.

3 chapters left.
Old 2014-10-16, 08:17   Link #10
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Classic shonen fight.... Sasuke is pretty strong for now with Naruto holding back. Narutos bijuu mode looks like its going to look like Ashuras avatar with the six arms....kwl chapter I hope they exhaust each other in the next chapter so we can see a powered down fight with more stategy. I like dbz style fights as much as the next guy but I would prefer a ninja fight between the two somewhere
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:20   Link #11
The Small One

Interesting, what Sasuke is doing with only one Rinnegan.
Makes it kind of weird, that Madara was so keen on getting his second eye back from Obito.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:21   Link #12
Casshern

I know that Naruto is basically retarded but I did not expect Sasuke's plan to boil down to babysitting humanity for eternity.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:24   Link #13
Eragon
Still Alive

He is a wannabe Lelouch with half the brain.
Old 2014-10-16, 08:36   Link #14
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
"A jutsu that shows exactly how lonely you are"

That sick burn
that's the best part of this chapter

anyway it is a fuuton : Bijuu-dama rasengan shuriken now, eh?
Naruto just bring all his jutsu in whole different level now.. Kagebunshin with Kyuubi as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:45   Link #15
Luminer Astartes
Khorne-forged

Well would ya look at that: last chapter I was saying how I'd like to have Kurama-mode upgraded to Ashura's own avatar version and this chapter delivers it. It's not an exact copy mind, but that's a good thing (exact copy paste powers are not very creative).

The fight's gotten more interesting. I'll admit, when Sasuke pulled the Bijuu back down my first thought was "If he uses them as hostage shield...", but it turns out he's only using they chakra to get a better form. Fat load of good it'll do him in the end because we know he won't be allowed to succeed, but details.

Some verbal shots being fired too.

"That jutsu shows how lonely you are". Oh Sasuke you card. What manga have you been following? Of course that's his own twisted perspective. I always took Kage Bunshin to be a symbol of what Naruto himself stood for: where 1 person fails, many people banded together will succeed.

"When it comes to battle, I really want to beat you. But not the you in your current state". OK, I took this as either that Naruto considers Sasuke "much weaker than he normally would be" or that "beating him now wouldn't give him the satisfaction". You're free to throw in your opinion on the matter.

Also yeah go figure, Sasuke DOES seem to seek immortality so he can be that eternal enemy. It's funny, he's basically combining all of the villains we've had into 1. He took on Pain/Nagato's proposal of a massive threat/pain that unifies people, ruling from the shadows like Obito/Madara and seeking immortality like Orochimaru. It's...kinda disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
I know that Naruto is basically retarded but I did not expect Sasuke's plan to boil down to babysitting humanity for eternity.
I wouldn't call the grumpier version of Icky Vicky who threatens you with a periodic lashing to be "babysitting".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
He is a wannabe Lelouch with half the brain.
Nah, half of Lelouch's brain would have already come to the conclusion of how stupid this plan is. More like 12% of R1 Lelouch's brain.
Spoiler for ...:
Luminer Astartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 08:57   Link #16
Pablete
Banned

Sasuke sucks at trash talking.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:49   Link #17
juve

Sasuke's trash talking didn't do anything to Naruto though. Infact it was his one clone Kurama that gathered senjutsu to make Naruto equal to Sasuke with all that bijuu chakra. Naruto is neither lonely nor alone in this fight, he has Kurama.
juve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 09:53   Link #18
Pablete
Banned

Sasukr is just projecting his own self lol.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 11:05   Link #19
Johnny
Working the bags...

I agree with Sausage, just STFU and fight Naruto...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-16, 11:47   Link #20
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a pretty great chapter. Naruto's shadow clone jutsu can be argued to be a symbol of his inherent loneliness. Wow. That makes his widespread usage of it look very different from how it usually looks...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion