AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 09:00   Link #33721
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
Interesting to hear from people as to why they've been quiet! And I'm about to ironically kind of go against my own post regarding a lack of updates from me . I come with fic?

I haven't found a suitable title yet , also owing to the late hour and my desire to get this out quickly...so if people have any suggestions, please feel free to offer them! ^^

Spoiler for Untitled for now...:

Spoiler for Author's Note:
Spoiler for Reaction to fic:

Page claim for frustration with Karma Houdinis!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:03   Link #33722
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:

Sorry, which piece of fanart was this?

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:14   Link #33723
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
(Sorry, I'm in a rush to go out so I'll answer everyone's replies in the evening, but here's the fanart that inspired my fic!)

First picture on the top of the page (Hayate in her wheelchair) . Just looking at it had given me plotbunnies , the art is gorgeous!
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:27   Link #33724
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

From the amount of Fate's inside I could almost swear it was to appeal towards -
Old 2011-08-14, 09:29   Link #33725
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
From the amount of Fate's inside I could almost swear it was to appeal towards -
Actually, 12quarters is one of the few artists who devotes significant time to Hayate and the Wolkenritter. I'm not surprised plotbunnies spawned!
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 09:55   Link #33726
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
So out of curiosity, what's holding everyone (except for Nanya) up in fic-writing right now? Is it distraction, or summer vacation, or work, or something else?

In my case, I've been distracted by family outings, and trying to work on 4 fanfics at the same time ...
Mostly I've been lazy and just haven't had the time or the right mood to turn something out. I am hoping to get some writing done tonight, hopefully Shigan's request or the Lindy/Hayate fic you want to see so badly.

Quote:
Interesting to hear from people as to why they've been quiet! And I'm about to ironically kind of go against my own post regarding a lack of updates from me . I come with fic?

I haven't found a suitable title yet , also owing to the late hour and my desire to get this out quickly...so if people have any suggestions, please feel free to offer them! ^^

And, speaking of Hayate. You do enjoy torturing her, don't you? But really, a very lovely, very sad AU piece exploring what could have been if the Book of Darkness never woke up. I think what got me the most was near the end, when Hayate was having trouble remembering things. It's one of those small things a lot of people write off when it starts to happen, but it's still very scary and sad all the same.

@Dezo: My thought is perhaps by this point, Hayate has faded to such an extent mentally that she simply isn't fit for school? Her mind didn't seem to be all there during the story, so it's possible that she had to leave school since she could no longer keep up with it.
Old 2011-08-14, 09:57   Link #33727
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Could you direct me to a few more such websites? I've no idea how to find them honestly... Epic arts.
Old 2011-08-14, 10:06   Link #33728
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
(Sorry, I'm in a rush to go out so I'll answer everyone's replies in the evening, but here's the fanart that inspired my fic!)

First picture on the top of the page (Hayate in her wheelchair) . Just looking at it had given me plotbunnies , the art is gorgeous!
Ahh, I love 12quarters' art. Ironically the piece you're referring is captioned 'Rose pink cheek'...
Old 2011-08-14, 10:13   Link #33729
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:

GAH!

DC!

Do you HAVE to do that ALL the time?!

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 10:36   Link #33730
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
GAH!

DC!

Um... she got her title for a reason, you know.
Old 2011-08-14, 11:17   Link #33731
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
So out of curiosity, what's holding everyone (except for Nanya) up in fic-writing right now? Is it distraction, or summer vacation, or work, or something else?
I'm saving a kingdom from the nefarious plot of a misguided military commander who believes that ultimate military power is the key to peace. My father, who's supposed to be this awesome hero, is sadly abroad so it's all up to me and my fosterbrother who I've secretly developing a crush on to stop this madness. Some people have joined my cause, we shall be victorious!

Storming the castle to save the queen tonight!
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 14:48   Link #33732
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

Quote:

In my case, I've been distracted by family outings, and trying to work on 4 fanfics at the same time ...
I've had stupid amounts of college work. 4000 word extended essay, 1500 word english essay, Theory of Knowledge presentation, personal statement for university and a 40 page Biology booklet. So all I've managed is to answer those challenges. It saddens me.

Again dc AGAIN. My poor heart. Your title is well-earned and well-kept.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 16:32   Link #33733
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:

Sheer, utter lack of motivation. I sit at a desk typing all day, and when I get home, I no longer wish to do that.
Old 2011-08-14, 17:50   Link #33734
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

And thus, Moczo tells the reason that Nanya won't get a desk job.

I wonder if I should sing the Moczo song.

Red

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi

Scrya Start

Scrya 2

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Scrya 3:

Old 2011-08-14, 19:09   Link #33735
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
And thus, Moczo tells the reason that Nanya won't get a desk job.

I wonder if I should sing the Moczo song.

Red

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi

Scrya Start

Scrya 2

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Scrya 3:
poor Reiko... got the "I can't keep up" syndrome...
I wonder what will the reaction of the Lu Ruche clan when they heard about Yuuno having a dragon god's power and Arisa having a fragment of a much more powerful dragon god...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 20:33   Link #33736
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for More Kaiser Mom:

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 20:38   Link #33737
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
@Thread: O_O Wow, it looks like most people are either distracted or run into the ground, eh?

EDIT: Found a name for the fic! It shall now be known as "Empty House" ^^.

Spoiler for General reply/spoiler to those who read my recent fic "Empty House"...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissfullyunaware View Post
Spoiler for dc's story:
Damn, it looks like I wrote an idea that lots of people had been sitting on, eh? Sorry!

Hm, I like that title, I'll definitely keep it in mind . Thanks!

EDIT: Thanks for the suggestion, but after some thought I realize that yours suggests that it was the Book that had killed Hayate, when in fact it is....something else . So I've got the new title, "Empty House"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
GAH. The way Hayate spoke to herself aloud was just a smidgen soul-crushing. Also, the pace at which you let on about the progress of her condition was quite a good mirror of the slow and gradual paralysis. A mention here, hint there, then by the end it was just constant. In truth, alarm bells were set off from the start when you stated she was a teenager, but I kept hoping... until Fate and Nanoha's appearance nailed the coffin firmly shut.

I am depressed now. You'll have to cheer me up by linking to the Hayate fanart you mentioned.
Heehee , yes, I had wanted to make the reader uneasy from the beginning, but only show through bits and pieces what the problem is until the end .

Link was in the previous post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
I'm oddly happy over the fact that you're channeling all your woe and trauma into another world than ours xD.

but still...

Inspiring fanart? Here!
LOL, yes, good thing I'm letting TragedyWriter!deathcurse out on non-HxV Files fics, eh?

*gleefully saves picture* Yay! Feeds my little fluff plot-bunny ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Okay, I'm saving this.

It fits perfectly with the image I had about Hayate's life before A. Happier maybe, more hopeful maybe, that's how all kids are.

Let the years stretch a bit, let's say the miracle... did not happen.

Even in my story I had Hayate already accepting her eventual death (Maybe even hopeful), using her life just to make people happy by being... a good girl.

Oddly enough I did not notice the discrepancy of time until someone mentioned that she was a teenager. I could see this happening even when she's just nine, all it takes was a slight nudge at the wrong direction...
Yup, I really wanted to show how things could have been, and in Hayate's case it always broke my heart to watch the beginning of A's where the only message Hayate had on her answering machine was from her doctor! So obviously, the idea grew until that fanart piece really set a plotbunny off .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Spoiler for Reaction to fic:

Page claim for frustration with Karma Houdinis!
Spoiler for reply to Dezo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I am hoping to get some writing done tonight, hopefully Shigan's request or the Lindy/Hayate fic you want to see so badly.
Whee! *crosses fingers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
And, speaking of Hayate. You do enjoy torturing her, don't you? But really, a very lovely, very sad AU piece exploring what could have been if the Book of Darkness never woke up. I think what got me the most was near the end, when Hayate was having trouble remembering things. It's one of those small things a lot of people write off when it starts to happen, but it's still very scary and sad all the same.

@Dezo: My thought is perhaps by this point, Hayate has faded to such an extent mentally that she simply isn't fit for school? Her mind didn't seem to be all there during the story, so it's possible that she had to leave school since she could no longer keep up with it.
Uh, yes..... *scuffs shoe* I can't help it! Hayate just gives me all these tragic plot-bunnies to play with . I'm glad you liked it! The memory loss/confusion was supposed to show the Book of Darkness' life-leeching, yes, but it was also supposed to be a symptom of CO poisoning (see the spoilered section at the beginning of this post).

Quote:
GAH!

DC!

Sorry! *Not actually that sorry at all * Hey, you guys should all know by now that all my fics come with a "Possibility of Uber Tragedy" warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Again dc AGAIN. My poor heart. Your title is well-earned and well-kept.
Hehehe . It's not my fault that my muse is black in mood!

Last edited by deathcurse; 2011-08-14 at 21:42.
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 21:05   Link #33738
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Well, I don't think my muse ate yours, dc. *Looks at muse*

I'm worried about that grin and the fact my muse has a picture of your muse and is looking at it funny, however.

Old 2011-08-14, 21:28   Link #33739
SilentOutlaw
Shhh.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Spoiler for More Kaiser Mom:
And we're getting ever so close to Vivio/Olivie meeting. And darn, Olivie is a badass.
SilentOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 21:33   Link #33740
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Well, I don't think my muse ate yours, dc. *Looks at muse*

I'm worried about that grin and the fact my muse has a picture of your muse and is looking at it funny, however.
oh dear...

I think your muse will want some quality time with DC's...
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha