AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-17, 20:37   Link #1721
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So I wonder if he died...Will he become Gold post mortem :P?

Kidding - the likelihood of him dying here is pretty much zero. The High priestess words were a bit confusing too as everyone dies one day.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-17, 21:36   Link #1722
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Sword Maiden meant that, someday, Goblin Slayer will die during a goblin quest. That's why Priestess realized that she might actually know the real danger when it comes to goblins.
Old 2018-11-17, 21:51   Link #1723
xeviouses

Ah, the 'this shall not stand!' episode. Pretty much what I expected from it.
Old 2018-11-18, 00:54   Link #1724
Wheeljack83

So they went with more of the Light Novel version of "that" scene. Oh well, it was still lit.
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 01:53   Link #1725
Hata
時の異邦人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keila View Post
Are goblins essentially 'ditto(pokemon)' where they can just breed with anything and everything?
yes, in GS world wandering goblin start up breeding with stolen cows and horses, but once builds up the horde prefer human and elf, because “they made interesting sound when torture”. which excited the goblins.
Old 2018-11-18, 03:09   Link #1726
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Correct. The Champion had hard time to breath, but he wasn't going to suffocate. But since he is still a goblin, he panicked like a moron and dealt collateral damage left and right. Goblin Slayer wouldn't have been able to strangle him to death and was about to lose his grip at this point, that's why he went ahead and smashed his eye instead of prolonging the struggle.
It might have helped if his strangling pose hadn't been so awkward. Garrote with your weight, not with your arms.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 03:19   Link #1727
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Do note, he isn't proficient in using a garrote. He just heard that assassins use it, but to him it's just another makeshift weapon (especially when made with old corpse hair and w/o a special glove or handle).

As for the whole goblin birthing deal, it's basically like the tiefling curse in D&D, where tiefling + anything else = 100% tiefling.

Nice episode, although I have to confess it felt a lot more foreboding in the manga. I guess GS spitting out so many mouthfuls of blood made it so ridiculous to me that it took away the sense of imminent death. Still good tho.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 03:49   Link #1728
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, in this universe, does goblin's urge to rape overpowers their instinct for safety? Because I don't know why they can't just wait until the situation is not life-threatening before attempting to violate & penetrate their would-be victims. It's not like they're fertile ants that can only mate once, are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It might have helped if his strangling pose hadn't been so awkward. Garrote with your weight, not with your arms.
It was awkward indeed. I'm amazed that the goblin champion even felt so much pain from it considering all that muscle in his neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Do note, he isn't proficient in using a garrote. He just heard that assassins use it, but to him it's just another makeshift weapon (especially when made with old corpse hair and w/o a special glove or handle).
I can already picture Yashamaru saying "No no no! That's not how you do it, you stupid kid!" if he saw GS this episode .
Old 2018-11-18, 04:03   Link #1729
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, in this universe, does goblin's urge to rape overpowers their instinct for safety? Because I don't know why they can't just wait until the situation is not life-threatening before attempting to violate & penetrate their would-be victims. It's not like they're fertile ants that can only mate once, are they?

It was awkward indeed. I'm amazed that the goblin champion even felt so much pain from it considering all that muscle in his neck.

Well goblins felt the victors becouse they had a champion behind their backs so they went streight to rape in order to crush the victims spirit and make her unresponsive.

Muscle in the neck dont matter as long as you cut the blood connection from the main veins, just like people tend to choke somebody on the neck to cut some blood from brain and that couses them to lose conciousness.

About the tool to use hair as the weapon well I doubt he had the time to craft that on spot so he did what he could right now, based on how his body and organs were smashed I doubt he had any strenght to hold a handle considering that even his hand bones were crushed. He had no strenght to kill him there but knew that doing what he did will buy the team time to retreat to safety and maybe try again later. Choking the champion made other goblins lose focus on what they were doing and that gave an oppening to the elf ,dwarf and lizard to break free. So GS was more thinking about saving the team than thinking about his revange.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 04:10   Link #1730
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
Muscle in the neck dont matter as long as you cut the blood connection from the main veins, just like people tend to choke somebody on the neck to cut some blood from brain and that couses them to lose conciousness.
But that's my point. Look at the size of the champ's neck. A thick and strong muscle can give you a hard time to cut the blood connection. Plus, as mentioned before, GS' position was awkward and Klashikari above already said that champ won't be choked from GS' strangling anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
About the tool to use hair as the weapon well I doubt he had the time to craft that on spot so he did what he could right now, based on how his body and organs were smashed I doubt he had any strenght to hold a handle considering that even his hand bones were crushed.
Yeah, obviously. Also, all that blood that he gushed out is just comical. What is this? Hellsing? Also, "Blood Bullet Time". That's just gold .

That said. It's yet another enjoyable episode.
Old 2018-11-18, 05:18   Link #1731
LG-MAX 2.o

As expected, Goblin Slayer will gain another kind of "parody", showing that the series is affecting several different layers of entertainment.

Spoiler for NSFW:

Maybe in the second season the production committee wins another financier?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 08:47   Link #1732
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

That Mili alternate ED for episode 7 gives me chill and made me tear up a bit when i realize they were singing about GS' plight, pity about the mess up in the subbed version, the ending would have made it more impact with the credit roll. I'm looking forward to the full version (if there's one)

The audio have been awesome (something LN and Manga reader dont get ), even knowing what's coming, it still made my heart aches hearing our lil priestess scream in pain when gobby champ took a chomp at her.
Old 2018-11-18, 09:59   Link #1733
Tormenk

I like how GS's 'berserk power up' moment still had him methodically killing the nearest goblin through the distraction with the bottle then using the hair lying nearby to good effect.

That moment when GS heard the Priestess' screams and brought him back to the moment of his sister's death was quite well done too. Really conveyed the torment and anguish of GS across.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 10:09   Link #1734
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 7:

Have seen this scene in the manga... but still amazed seeing it in animation and sound. Amazing amount of willpower by GS to move even if severely wounded allow them to survive.. if he did not get the champion into an unbreakable choke hold, the entire party would have died down there.

Good thing they have two healers in the party, as Onna Shinkan would have still died if Lizard Shaman wasn't there.

I thought Lizard Shaman is physically strong? It only takes 3 goblins to hold him down? Or maybe more holding him down but not shown on screen.

Looking forward to next week!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 10:50   Link #1735
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I know it's anime but how is it for real human beings to cough blood when the body gets badly damaged.
Old 2018-11-18, 10:58   Link #1736
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

A straight blunt force against your ribcage can provoke fracture on the ribs, effectively puncturing the lungs. Not only it will cause the lungs to collapse on themselves (pneumothorax), but it might cause hemorraghe, which will cause the individual to cough blood from the bronchi (Hemoptysis). This symptom obviously means they need emergency treatment.
This kind of situation isn't exactly rare. On the other hand, the amount of blood GS has coughed wasn't particularly realistic. That said, I heard hemoptysis might be far more spectacular depending how the lung was punctured.
Old 2018-11-18, 12:30   Link #1737
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, definitely not so much through his visor. As for Lizard Priest, while he doesn't lack strength (since he was shown flinging 3 goblins off-ship with his tail last episode), he doesn't seem to excel in it, either. Overpowering enemies while static is a feat of strength, even when said enemies weigh ~30kg each.

Also, if anyone wants to get technical on GS' second wind powerup...well, he is a fighter, so second wind should be a literal skill in his kit, off-world speaking. In-world, just chalk it up to willpower and hatred.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 12:41   Link #1738
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
Well that escalated quickly.

Goblin Slayer in all its glory
I'm not trapped in here you, you're trapped in here with me...

I don't know why that just came to mind?...
Old 2018-11-18, 12:53   Link #1739
James Rye

The last part with the bird and the music was a bit dumb. Felt like a filler. And it didn't felt to me how scary Goblin Slayer seemed to the Goblins, like in the manga when he asked them if they are next he looked like a demon to them, here he was barely standing on his feet and close to death.
This was so far the closest this team got to be wiped out, even the ogre was less of a problem.
Old 2018-11-18, 13:10   Link #1740
pervypig

^ my thoughts exactly! ima really annoyed by how long that part lasted. At first i thought it was the point of view from the goblin's ripped-out eye, but when it started blinking, i realized that it was the bird. But why are those guys just sitting there for like 2 minutes watching GS dying without doing anything at all?!?

It might have been dragged out for drama, but it's pretty damn obvious that a series called 'Goblin Slayer' won't have the MC dying on its 7th ep.! Just cut the damn drama out and give us more fanservice + action already!
pervypig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy