AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-08-29, 23:02   Link #161
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
We are up to the would-be Volume 10 now.
Spoiler for Vol 10:

Of course, it makes no sense by our worldview, but then, normal (even anime-normal) logic rules for "Face Heel Turns" have been going mad since Volume 8

Spoiler for Vol 8 for those few who really hadn't found out yet:

A reason is symbolically attached, but by our worldview (even watching an anime) would have considered entirely inadequate, yet no one (even Cruz) seems to be the least bit bothered.

I guess the author is just going down the path where if you need something to happen plotwise regardless of its absurdity, just have it happen. Don't even try to justify it because it'll make you look worse. In Suspension of Disbelief all we can say is that the zeitgeist in the BS is just ... different...
Thanks for the correction. On the volume 8 spoiler: Do you not like that that happened? That was one of my favorite parts. And needless does go from seriousness to absurdity and vice versa with a flip of a page. Thats why i dont like the anime as much its sticks to the comedy far more than the seriousness. Also
Spoiler for needless chapter 56:

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-08-29 at 23:12.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:50   Link #162
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
Thanks for the correction. On the volume 8 spoiler: Do you not like that that happened? That was one of my favorite parts.
Oh, I liked it. In fact, I actually wasn't that interested in Needless before - I wasn't much into shounen type fighting and 4 continuous volumes, even with gags occasionally inserted was too much for my sensibilities. Volume 8 actually brought me back.

The fact I loved it though, doesn't mean I can't be objective about it and say that even counting the fact Mio's a ditz and all, it doesn't really make much sense, even by anime / manga standards.

Quote:
And needless does go from seriousness to absurdity and vice versa with a flip of a page.
Considering Ch70, I'm hoping it'll shift to absurdity for a bit in Ch71, which should be coming up in another 21 days + 3 days before the RAWs so that's 24...

Quote:
Thats why i dont like the anime as much its sticks to the comedy far more than the seriousness.
Count me as one that liked the manga better for similar reason, plus frankly, Mio's voice stank. The others I don't have an opinion.

Quote:
Spoiler for needless chapter 56:
Not enough data for even a guess except he's on an autonomous hunting op. Whether he's actually doing his assignment or taking the opportunity for some "individual work" is unknown.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:45   Link #163
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Another question...

Spoiler for Possible spoiler?:
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:58   Link #164
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Arclight already has that ability from the beginning as seen in the flashback of Needless when Gido talked about cloning of the Second.
Old 2009-08-30, 10:49   Link #165
pirateking

Quote:
Where do you think saten is now? He wasnt at the villains council meeting. The hat guy (is his name really Hatfield) was instead
Spoiler:

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-30 at 19:38.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 14:23   Link #166
shadowii

Thank you pirateking i was wondering about this for weeks, but i think you should edit the post to put a spoiler warning on it.
Spoiler for needless:

Also i been looking at the picture when Arclight says he has all the powers of simeon with those people standing behind him is it just me or is the man standing a little in back of ruri one of the monks from the first volume 0 story?
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...9?t=1251666001

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-08-30 at 18:58.
Old 2009-08-30, 19:42   Link #167
pirateking

Quote:
is the Hat guy suppossed to be the new Uten?
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-30, 20:01   Link #168
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for needless:
Old 2009-08-30, 21:41   Link #169
pirateking

Spoiler:

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-08-30 at 21:53.
Old 2009-08-31, 00:23   Link #170
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
Spoiler:
Though he does seem to have the raw firepower to be one of the "Four Elite", no.
Spoiler for Vol00-2:
Old 2009-08-31, 10:44   Link #171
shadowii

Quote:
Though he does seem to have the raw firepower to be one of the "Four Elite", no.
Spoiler for Vol00-2:
wait Kafka was an Uten? and where did you find volume 00 anyway?
Old 2009-08-31, 10:46   Link #172
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Spoiler for Vol00-2:
I agree with this.

Though I wish there were more hints about the OTHERS were abouts rather than the author taking the time to take things or link the vol.0 manga to the current storyline.
Old 2009-08-31, 13:17   Link #173
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
I agree with this.

Though I wish there were more hints about the OTHERS were abouts rather than the author taking the time to take things or link the vol.0 manga to the current storyline.
Eve will be back soon enough and i think seto and solva will show up on there own time, I'm just wondering where Gido and Momiji are. If Momiji thinks he's lost his comrades again I can see him falling into depression and being influenced by someone.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-08-31 at 16:55.
Old 2009-08-31, 19:14   Link #174
arkhangelsk

Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-31, 19:50   Link #175
shadowii

Quote:
Spoiler:
And find them eventually.
But anyway speaking of Cruz's growth, if Kami Imai decides to go with the easy way out and gives Cruz a power do you guys have any you'd prefer he get. For me the only one i think might work would be is if he gets a fragment which does not give him any powers but lets him make other Needless stronger for a short time. Like an enhancement ablity or something.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-08-31 at 22:15.
Old 2009-08-31, 22:55   Link #176
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
For me I don't want Cruz to have any powers at all, but giving other Needless powers for a short period of time would be great to see. It's like a power to be used by other people instead of yourself. Selfless act Cruz will be in if ever has those powers.

Quote:
If Momiji thinks he's lost his comrades again I can see him falling into depression and being influenced by someone.
Making Uchida a temporary baddie would be great to see and I hope he'll have more special moves when he returns.

As for Gido the oldman I hope he's not dead yet...it's too bad to pass off a great scientist character, but probably he's still alive since if he can survive Momiji's Vucan Shock Ignition, a little explosion won't kill him also.
Old 2009-09-01, 02:08   Link #177
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
And find them eventually.
But anyway speaking of Cruz's growth, if Kami Imai decides to go with the easy way out and gives Cruz a power do you guys have any you'd prefer he get. For me the only one i think might work would be is if he gets a fragment which does not give him any powers but lets him make other Needless stronger for a short time. Like an enhancement ablity or something.
If "God" is just going to go down the Fragment route, he might as well give Cruz a real ability. Boost (or healing) magics provide very little room to use in developing character, much less than him doing either the fighting or thinking. Even "Shield" would be better.

I doubt we will be seeing Cruz's fragment at all. Certainly not this round. Hatfield's power seems set to a "Stronger, but not quite unbeatable with what we know they have" level, rather than the "So Outrageously superior that we are already all waiting for the deux ex machina..." level. It will be a waste to burn this setup with Cruz's New Fragment.

Anyway, I'm optimistic that this author will solve Ch71 and 72 in an honest manner. If he doesn't, however, Cruz getting a fragment is quite frankly near the bottom of my list of typical deux ex machinas authors might employ in these situations.

Spoiler for Long rant here:

If Mio was a protagonist, I'll be waiting for this to happen (the former subvariant), but she isn't. If they DO play this it suggests her "promotion". It is one of the reasons I like watching her - moe airheads are dime a dozen but the fact she's not a protagonist makes it harder to determine how it'll play out.

Besides, as I said, I'm really looking for the author to play it honest.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2009-09-01 at 06:47.
Old 2009-09-01, 08:07   Link #178
shadowii

That is a great theory, i just feel the need to point out the Needless is Seinen not Shounen.
Old 2009-09-01, 10:03   Link #179
Wrath88
Kissing...

Maa, as for how Setsuna can hit hard enough to make craters, it's about cumulative momentum. Take for example One Piece, when Foxy uses his slow beam, and all the subsequent hits build up. Another example would be Samurai X's Sano, he learned some technique that's about hitting twice near instantaneously so as to create a really destructive force.

Or we could just go with the idea that this is ACTION series, therefore impossible things can happen as laws of physics are ignored.
Old 2009-09-01, 15:28   Link #180
shadowii

Anyone know where one can read Needless volume 0 II
http://mangahelpers.com/downloads/re...0?t=1251836789

Tags
action, comedy, seinen