Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-11-07, 06:08   Link #4501
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
So where exactly is Blake going? That island in the southeast of Remnant?

That floating Grimm-ball is creepy.
She and Sun are headed to Menagerie, the Faunus territory.

And yes, that thing is very creepy, looked Cthulu-esque in nature.
Old 2016-11-07, 06:33   Link #4502
Raviel

Emerald and Mercury are most certainly re-thinking their career options right about now

On a more serious note, I'm not a particularly sentimental person and I rarely ever get emotional over shows but RT managed to make me feel really bad for Yang.

The way her eyes are colored with the new software and the better facial expressions this season just give Yang this vulnerable look on her face that was simply never there before. Everything about the way she moves shows either despondency or fear.

It's arguably the most jarring (and apparent) change in demeanor among team RWBY. What's worse is that Ruby, Blake, and Weiss leaving is probably giving Yang the same feeling of abandonment she has towards Raven.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 06:45   Link #4503
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm more akin to believe that Yang has simply stopped caring about people leaving her life. Blake running off was the last straw that broke the camel's back. She pretty much said so herself that she doesn't give two shits anymore after Blake left when she told Ruby to do whatever she wants.

I'm more surprised by how well their dad is taking all this. First wife ran off, second wife dead, eldest daughter is in the throes of PTSD induced depression and youngest daughter is out in the world possibly to get herself killed. I actually assumed that after the end of Volume 3 he'd go after Ruby.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 07:21   Link #4504
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm more akin to believe that Yang has simply stopped caring about people leaving her life. Blake running off was the last straw that broke the camel's back. She pretty much said so herself that she doesn't give two shits anymore after Blake left when she told Ruby to do whatever she wants.

I'm more surprised by how well their dad is taking all this. First wife ran off, second wife dead, eldest daughter is in the throes of PTSD induced depression and youngest daughter is out in the world possibly to get herself killed. I actually assumed that after the end of Volume 3 he'd go after Ruby.
I am pretty sure Ruby leaving did hurt her. The whole "wahtever you want" felt more like a retort to Ruby, who, yet again like everybody, urged Yang to "get better and be useful" as Yang would interpret that. Ruby(for reasons I already talked about) did not exactly try to empathize with Yang and focused on "getting back into action" kind of direction. Yang has always been the "reliable one" who ignored her abandonment issues to be useful to people around her since she defined herself through that. Yang has always been a person who defines her self worth through how others view her. And that fell apart now. She does not really "not care" about others. She does not care about herself. Because "Yang is useless" and there's nothing to define herself as worthy through - world hates her, partner and sister ran away, mother died, another mother abandoned her, etc. She cares and she is hurt by abandonment but she most likely things she deserved it because she is no longer "useful".

Actually I'd want for the dad to back off. He is not helping. Even the arm "gift" pretty much translates as "get better and become useful again" to Yang. He's so focused on the physical that he disregards that she has far more problems than just "lost arm" or that a lot of her problems pre-date losing the arm. Its yet again implication to Yang that she can't be hurt or vulnerable and needs to get over that as fast as she can. Hopefully Taiyang gets to realize that having two arms again would not necessarily solve Yang's issues. It is very much spelled out in the arm scene - Yang is happy that she is given a gift(and almost in disbelief that she is) but when she sees it her expression changes and she keeps shifting her glance as if asking her dad to stop or put that away. Taiyang is too focused on "fixing his family", "fixing Yang" to realize that what Yang needs is actual support and acceptance. Understanding that there's nothing wrong with Yang not always being the strong and reliable one. One armed Yang or two armed Yang, strong Yang or broken Yang, is still worth the same. Only when Yang realizes that and breaks the loop can she rediscover herself without relying on how others see her.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 08:33   Link #4505
The 48th Ronin

^ Pretty nice analysis. I, too, think that the only way for Yang to overcome her present condition is for her to be accepted as something important, whether she's useful or not.

Once Yang is good again, I expect her to hunt down Adam to settle an unfinished business. Which might bring her and Blake into a conflict at some point.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 08:40   Link #4506
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I don't think I've ever seen so many grown-ass men and women cry over an episode of this show before.
Old 2016-11-07, 09:16   Link #4507
grecefar

Again, that pyrrha video was cruel...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 09:18   Link #4508
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
I don't think I've ever seen so many grown-ass men and women cry over an episode of this show before.
All of them are great and all but Murder of Birds just feels so damn insincere now. His earlier reactions were decent but now it is clear that he is hyping it up and over-acting for the purpose of exploiting the fanbase for views. Literally can't watch him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
^ Pretty nice analysis. I, too, think that the only way for Yang to overcome her present condition is for her to be accepted as something important, whether she's useful or not.

Once Yang is good again, I expect her to hunt down Adam to settle an unfinished business. Which might bring her and Blake into a conflict at some point.
I have fears that it might be other way around. As Sun foreshadowed this episode just because you are not going after WF doe snot mean they won't come after you. I would not be surprised if Adam sent WF after Yang. It would certainly explain that OP sequence of Yang falling in flames with two cloaked faunus people on screen and Adam's mask in background.

The extent of Yang's issues I think makes it clear that she most likely will be the last person to rejoin. Mainly because pretty much entire team is needed to convince her. Blake and Ruby are absolute must and one who has been shown to be able to get through to Blake(apart from Yang) has always been Weiss.

I think the first to want to rejoin the team will most likely be Blake and Weiss. Weiss already only need to actually stand up against her father and run from Atlas during the concert, while Blake is bound to go back to Vale eventually if Yang is actually in danger, where it would b e easiest for Blake and Weiss to reunite. And since one they would know the location of would be Ruby, going after Ruby next would make sense.
Old 2016-11-07, 10:48   Link #4509
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh look, another man who wants to do something nice for a woman is being treated like he's the most evil thing ever.

And I think someone somewhere wanted an explanation how I wasn't being dismissive of their issues? It's simple, I never, ever said they didn't have issues. I just said it wasn't PTSD. Because I refuse to participate in this farce that causes people around the world to treat real people who actually suffer like whiny bitches who can't "get over it".

I also refuse to lower social stupidity to the same level as rape.

All I wanted was to enjoy the show and talk about the show. Both the good and the bad. I didn't sign up for this to see a bunch of tumblrite white knights come to the 'rescue' of people who are not only fictional, but even if they were, are in fact perfectly capable of taking care of themselves without some wannabe psychologists writing huge essays on what they should be thinking and what they should be feeling.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 12:59   Link #4510
Eragon
Still Alive

Apparently watching someone (a friend nonetheless) get shot dead is not grounds enough for PTSD LuL
Old 2016-11-07, 13:12   Link #4511
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh look, another man who wants to do something nice for a woman is being treated like he's the most evil thing ever.
No one is treating Sun like he's evil or saying he can't something nice for Blake. It's just that he should try actually talking to her, instead of following her around without saying anything to her.

Quote:
And I think someone somewhere wanted an explanation how I wasn't being dismissive of their issues? It's simple, I never, ever said they didn't have issues. I just said it wasn't PTSD. Because I refuse to participate in this farce that causes people around the world to treat real people who actually suffer like whiny bitches who can't "get over it".
So acknowledging that a fictional character has PTSD means that real people's issues get dismissed? How does that work?

Quote:
I also refuse to lower social stupidity to the same level as rape.
Why are you bringing up rape all of the sudden?

Quote:
All I wanted was to enjoy the show and talk about the show. Both the good and the bad.
No one is stopping you from doing that.

Quote:
I didn't sign up for this to see a bunch of tumblrite white knights come to the 'rescue' of people who are not only fictional, but even if they were, are in fact perfectly capable of taking care of themselves
No one is coming to anyone's 'rescue'. We're just discussing the show.

Quote:
without some wannabe psychologists writing huge essays on what they should be thinking and what they should be feeling.
So now you're denying the entire tradition of literary criticism? Cool.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2016-11-08 at 20:38.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 13:44   Link #4512
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

And surprise surprise. Ship First Mate was a first non-binary character in t he show and the people at RWBY wiki and overall fandom is already being awful about it.

I just hope that RT does not decide that having a single background non-binary character already means they gave representation or that it would excuse queerbaiting.

At least it brings up the problem with the whole "we don't want to be a thing" as RWBY wiki is claiming it is not "confirmed within the show". Plausible denial is such an awful concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Apparently watching someone (a friend nonetheless) get shot dead is not grounds enough for PTSD LuL
Three times no less.

She was just in time for Penny lying on the ground quartered. (You know the scene which literally turned off Ruby's brain for few minutes, no big deal)
She was just in time to get Roman eaten whole.
Then she got to see her sister disarmed, Beacon falling apart, etc.
She was also just in time to see Pyrrha be shot through the heart and incinerated because she was not fast enough.

Just usual non-ptsd-causing things, you know.
Old 2016-11-07, 21:05   Link #4513
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
It concerns me that people actually watch these things.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 23:01   Link #4514
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by LKK; 2016-11-08 at 09:30. Reason: added images tag
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 00:16   Link #4515
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I just got out of my corneal surgery and I come back to this argumentative madness. Cool!

Old 2016-11-08, 02:13   Link #4516
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I don't even know how did people arguing over that Tentacool Grimm it's totally normal

in ep 2, I feel a little bit annoyed over Weiss because she just regress back to her old self.. just accepting and following every order from her dad
Her little brother looks nice right now but there are certainly some hidden characters behind him.. We need Winter to get some screentime
Weiss' dad is certainly someone who'll make a deal with the villain for more money and honor

Jaune is coupling his loss in composed way.. Glad to see Pyrrha left some video for him
While it would hit Ruby the most because she would feel that she is too powerless and late to save Pyrrha at that time
Her PTSD is kinda deep considering that she's the youngest

Won't comment much about Blake since she is always emo and grumpy.. running away for now is her best option while Son might cheer her up when it is needed. Glad that she throw away her ribbon.. she looks better with her nekomimi

I never expect Yang would regress this much.. but we know certainly that if she managed to get off her trauma, she might be the one that stand against Adam again considering if Blake still can't pull trigger against him

enjoying this season very much.. This show just become so mature with deep plot. They also split the screentime equally for all 4 members
and one more.. There is no decreasing quality in the animation and battlescene.. the BGM still good as well
Good job for the production team
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 04:12   Link #4517
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

"Play it again F.I.L.S.S...." Oh gawd how could I forget about that! D:

Tentacool is made of awesome.
Old 2016-11-08, 07:02   Link #4518
Twi

Emerald and Mercury seem to just realize they didn't sign up for this level of evil.
Old 2016-11-08, 08:21   Link #4519
The 48th Ronin

That Tentacool Grimm is the final boas. Calling it now.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-08, 13:20   Link #4520
Tenzen12

Even if for wrong reason Sun made right call. People being busy with emo angst are everything but productive. She might be angry now, but she is happy regardless it helps her got over whatever her issue is faster.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby