AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-07, 18:27   Link #61
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
Grace = Manager, Secret Agent, Psycho, and now Research Scientist
A true international woman of mystery.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:30   Link #62
magnuskn

No big screenies yet of that picture of Ranshe, but to compare of some Sheryl shots.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-07, 18:59   Link #63
Jingjong

Finally Battle 25! I thought they were going to go through out the whole show acting like it wasn't there and focus on the Quarter. I wonder how big of a role it's going to play.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:12   Link #64
Zekori

Hmm, are we going to see new Valks or at least a new supplement armor to the V-25 judging by the new opening intro? The one you see like 3 seconds in after the mirror sequence and towards the end kinda look awkward to the super-pack or armored. Unless its my imagination.

Edit: Oh, battle 25 appearance also seen
Old 2008-08-07, 19:13   Link #65
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee32 View Post
I think its the real Grace too. I think Grace is one of the survivors of the 117th fleet, but somehow she received some life threating injures and was turned to a cyborg.

Grace = Manager, Secret Agent, Psycho, and now Research Scientist
that sounds reasonable.

and well Grace learned it never hurts to have a variety of jobs available.

@magnuskn thanks I needed the comparison.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.

Last edited by dom33; 2008-08-07 at 20:22.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:13   Link #66
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I knew it! Sheryl went to daddy's house and put on a kimono! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks to a random poster on a Japanese forum, whose name I've already forgotten

On a side note, please don't sing Aimo Sheryl, thats just not your song...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:30   Link #67
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Re: Ranshe/Sheryl mom connection

It's just the style of their hair.

Considering how Grace brought her in for an experiment, where she's working side by side with Dr. Mao as well as Ranshe herself, don't you think Ranshe has something to say if she's working on experimenting on her own kid?
Old 2008-08-07, 19:37   Link #68
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post

Considering how Grace brought her in for an experiment, where she's working side by side with Dr. Mao as well as Ranshe herself, don't you think Ranshe has something to say if she's working on experimenting on her own kid?
When Klan was doing her research, she found the picture of the three scientists (Grace, Mao, and Ranshe) from the Cosmos magazine dated Nov 2047 while they were all with the 117 Research Fleet. The picture of young Sheryl on the operating table was from a different article dated in 2053 when Grace is on Galaxy after the destruction of 117 Research Fleet.

So there is a six year gap between the two. And by 2053, it's likely Ranshe and Mao are gone with the destruction of 117 Research Fleet, so Grace can do whatever she wants.

So at this point, there are still many possibilities with Sheryl's background.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:40   Link #69
Tabris

Wait for it to get destroyed after a few eps so that Quarter can take centre stage again haha
Old 2008-08-07, 19:44   Link #70
ReddyRedWolf

Could the V-type virus have anything to do with Ranka and Brera's memories?

Could be very well the same case with Sheryl nor remembering clearly her origins.
Old 2008-08-07, 20:43   Link #71
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Mero View Post
Yo sheryl, who's your momma

Spoiler:

sorry to lazy to capture a good sheryl pic for 1 on 1 comparison
could be plastic surgery
Old 2008-08-07, 21:19   Link #72
wao
OK.

This episode was one of the hardest to watch, not really because Sheryl was getting battered (it looked like it was going to be that way from a little while ago anyway) but because the way they do it is... painful.

Not in a heart-breakingly painful way but in a I-am-reminded-not-to-expect-subtlety-from-this-show way. Yeah. I feel sorry for both Sheryl and Ranka.

And you'll have to excuse me but I still can't empathize with Alto one bit. The more this show progresses the flatter he becomes, I don't even remember why the hell Ranka and Sheryl fell for him again. Because he conveniently appeared at the right place at the right time? He doesn't seem torn between the two girls, he just seems like his mind has two switches and he kind of forgets about one when he goes for the other (most of the time). I guess he doesn't see them as "competitors" for attention, but still... In this new OP particularly he seemed a lot less important than before - I dunno man, I still remember thinking "hm he might be interesting" in episode 1 (how long ago was that now) and wondering just why on earth he still fails to make much of an impression on me. I can't even hate him because there isn't enough to hate, dammit.

But while I think May'n sings way better than Megumi Nakajima (although I typically prefer Nakajima's type of voice), Aimo just sounds weird with her singing it. And enka.... ...... ..............................
I'm going to go listen to Northern Cross again or something
The new OP song is nice but it's disappointing that a lot of it is really just flashy effects with reused footage. Bleah. As far as animation production goes I've given up most hope with this series, and I had liked Aquarion as much as it depended on shiny 3D crap. Wonder when we can see Satelight do something like Noein again... mumble
Old 2008-08-07, 21:54   Link #73
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisis View Post

Sheryl was never on the Global. Also, how to explain Ranka then? It might be Grace was doing some forbidden research behind Ranshe's back.

Anyway, it seems Grace found Sheryl on Galaxy _after_ surviving the 117th Investigation Convoy catastrophe as a replacement for the successful lost Queen 1 experimental subject (Ranka).

Assuming Sheryl is related to Ranshe, Grace could be specifically targeting her because she blames Ranshe somehow for the incident that left her a cyborg (Which is how I interpret Grace being 'born' on the Global). Her intentions for Sheryl seem to run towards calculated personal malice rather than cold indifference towards a scientific specimen.
Old 2008-08-07, 22:21   Link #74
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Well, Sheryl did say that everybody seems to hate her over at Galaxy. Prolly because she was abandoned?
Old 2008-08-07, 22:26   Link #75
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajra View Post
I don't know about you guys, but last episode I was disappointed in what I thought would be the new OP-had nothing but Ranka Ranka and...Ranka. Ranka overkill.

And I don't like Ranka very much.

Not to mention the fact that it didn't even reflect what the show is about!

I'm glad they've got the real OP going now-so much better and it at least tips us off at what the show is going to be about.

You Vajra. You like Ranka
Old 2008-08-07, 22:41   Link #76
ReddyRedWolf

Just a nikpick on Battle 25's gunship.

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossf...5/battle25.jpg
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macross7...e7-gunship.gif
http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossg...e13-attack.gif

The gunship went from protusionless in episode one and others to one having a protusion like Battle 7 and Battle 13 in this episode.
Old 2008-08-07, 22:56   Link #77
glyph

"Kawamori Official Blog" LOL.
Mikhail and Klan's investigation consists of sneaking a peep in the Macross Frontier TV series director's notes.
Old 2008-08-07, 22:59   Link #78
zalem

Have to agree with wao on Alto. He is just a really flat and uninteresting character. I don't hate him, but I don't like him either. Sheryl deserves better actually...
Old 2008-08-07, 23:05   Link #79
servidor

Well, it seems from the preview, that he is going to have some deep and meaningful talk with Sheryl next episode. I guess there is still hope for him.
Old 2008-08-07, 23:15   Link #80
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Before we get to the Alto bashing phase, lets not forget that he done much for Sheryl.

Yes, some may be small things, but a lot proved to be an emotional big-step for him. Never mind that he can appreciate Sheryl as she is, and not her shine as a star. This episode pretty much indicated that nobody cares about her other than her status.

Beyond that, Alto did much for Sheryl, really. For example, he braved securities trying to return her earring, braved securities again trying to take Sheryl into the Quarter, and now, he will be suppressing his pride to return to the home he hates the most just to see Sheryl. Come on, the boy does deserve credits.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Closed Thread