AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2004-03-08, 17:50   Link #61
Griffith

That's an interesting point of view. I still think that
Spoiler:

I guess we'll find out as the rest of the summaries are posted, though I don't think that she was.
Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 02:56   Link #62
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffith
That's an interesting point of view. I still think that
Spoiler:

I guess we'll find out as the rest of the summaries are posted, though I don't think that she was.
There is conclusive evidence in volume 6 (which tsurumaru didn't summerize):
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-09, 03:14   Link #63
Griffith

Yeah, that's pretty convincing. I don't think I was too clear on my opinion though..
Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-09, 15:08   Link #64
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy
There is conclusive evidence in volume 6 (which tsurumaru didn't summerize):
Spoiler:
The confusing part for me is that...
Spoiler:
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 05:01   Link #65
eiri

i finished waching narutaru recently...
could someone tell me what was going on in ep 10? i didn't quite understand. think it's vol 5 of the manga; about Ezumi Jun. what's with the dragon things at the end?
eiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 05:44   Link #66
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiri
i finished waching narutaru recently...
could someone tell me what was going on in ep 10? i didn't quite understand. think it's vol 5 of the manga; about Ezumi Jun. what's with the dragon things at the end?
Actually, I was confused by this ep too when I first watched it. I think actually that Triad didn't translate this one so well, or maybe the anime itself just didn't translate from the manga, so it came out a bit more confusing then it was supposed to be. Well, on second viewing it makes sense...
Spoiler:

By the way, in my opinion this is the happiest story in the whole Manga/Anime. I think that putting it right before Hiro's story was just Kitoh's way of lowering your defenses to make the next bit that much more impactful.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-03-15, 06:08   Link #67
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
By the way, in my opinion this is the happiest story in the whole Manga/Anime. I think that putting it right before Hiro's story was just Kitoh's way of lowering your defenses to make the next bit that much more impactful.
I agree. He does a damn good job at creating contrast. Like, isn't Hoshimaru so cute...as he murders someone in cold blood?
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 10:42   Link #68
eiri

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

if it's not too much trouble, could i find out the names of Bungo and Hiroko's dragon child? thanks
Old 2004-03-15, 14:17   Link #69
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
[spoiler]
if it's not too much trouble, could i find out the names of Bungo and Hiroko's dragon child? thanks
Bungo's dragon child is named "Hainuwere" (I'm not sure I know what language this one is from at all, help anyone?), according to a chart in manga volume 5 (I don't think it's name is mentioned in the anime). Hiroko's dragon child is called, simply "鬼": "Oni" or demon, according to the japanese web page. Interesting note: It is spelled with one kanji, the same kanji as is used in Kitoh's name, 鬼頭.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-03-15, 14:54   Link #70
Griffith

In episode 8 I believe it was, Bungo refers to his Dragonchild by name as "Hainvelle". I'm looking forward to the rest of the manga summaries, hopefully it explains who the Virgin Princess is and some other things that are left hanging at the end of Volume 10.
Old 2004-03-15, 19:20   Link #71
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Whoa 3000 reads, erm guess I'll summarise Volume 11 this weekend if I get the chance , Volume 12 is going to be pretty difficult to summarise in places as it does have some pretty Kanji intensive parts that focus around resolving and explaining things, I think I understand the general gist of things (but I could be completely wrong with some assumptions) perhaps Kotonoha (or someone else with a better understanding of Japanese) would be kind enough to elaborate when I get to that volume.
tsurumaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 03:51   Link #72
eiri

Quote:
Spoiler:

no, there was another girl in episode 10. she appeared towards the end, with the Kyouji dragon.

and the narutaru pg, http://www.narutaru.jp/story10.html

Last edited by eiri; 2004-05-16 at 02:29.
Old 2004-03-16, 04:29   Link #73
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
no, there was another girl in episode 10. she appeared towards the end, with the Kyouji dragon.

there's a picture at http://www.geocities.com/intergalact...utaru-10_1.jpg

and the narutaru pg, http://www.narutaru.jp/story10.html
I think you mistaking Kyouji's dragon (which has the face as a human and looks like a green mermaid) for a second dragon. The only full grown dragons that appear in the pictures you posted are the dolphin one in the beginning of the episode, and Kyouji's at the end. Kyouji is riding on the mermaid's back, as seen in the picture on the lower right.

I just had a thought:
Spoiler:
Sam Pinansky
Old 2004-03-16, 05:29   Link #74
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
I think you mistaking Kyouji's dragon (which has the face as a human and looks like a green mermaid) for a second dragon. The only full grown dragons that appear in the pictures you posted are the dolphin one in the beginning of the episode, and Kyouji's at the end. Kyouji is riding on the mermaid's back, as seen in the picture on the lower right.

I just had a thought:
Spoiler:
Yep this is right, Kyouji has become an Otohime (painted person) and his adult dragon took the form of a mermaid (with his cousins face).

Also Quarkboy:

Spoiler:

Thats probably more conjecture than exact facts but it is what I have worked out so far.

Also:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-03-16, 09:16   Link #75
eiri

makes sense now!

thanks
Old 2004-03-16, 14:49   Link #76
Griffith

While this isn't exactly manga-related, it does have to do with Narutaru: I was browsing the official Narutaru website last night, and I noticed that they're re-airing the anime for a third time. Maybe interest in it is high enough that they'll do a second season? I'd love for this to happen, but I guess it's probably just wishful thinking, as they would need to edit/change some of the graphic things that happen (volume 10 especially from the sounds of it).
Old 2004-03-16, 15:50   Link #77
tsurumaru
I refuse to die dammit!

Quote:
While this isn't exactly manga-related, it does have to do with Narutaru: I was browsing the official Narutaru website last night, and I noticed that they're re-airing the anime for a third time. Maybe interest in it is high enough that they'll do a second season? I'd love for this to happen, but I guess it's probably just wishful thinking, as they would need to edit/change some of the graphic things that happen (volume 10 especially from the sounds of it).
Not only Volume 10....... Things start to go even more downhill in 11......as you'll see.....
Old 2004-03-16, 15:57   Link #78
Briareos

Quote:
I was browsing the official Narutaru website last night, and I noticed that they're re-airing the anime for a third time. Maybe interest in it is high enough that they'll do a second season? I'd love for this to happen, but I guess it's probably just wishful thinking, as they would need to edit/change some of the graphic things that happen (volume 10 especially from the sounds of it).
They did Volume 6 very tastefully without removing much of the violence. (Much of the graphic violence in the anime was done just off-screen, or on-screen in silhouette.) If they're careful and creative, I'll bet they can get away with a lot (or at least preserve most of the events of the manga).

I guess the question is, does a third airing of the season denote audience interest (i.e. a cult hit) or contractual obligation? Is the station just re-airing the show because they can, or is there something more to it?

Or is it possible that with enough showings, the ad revenues (and DVD sales) will generate enough money to produce a second season?

We can hope.
Old 2004-03-22, 14:59   Link #79
Griffith

This is somewhat offtopic, but has anyone read Wings of Vendemiaire or Bokurano? Wings of Vendemiaire was Mohiro Kitoh's first work before Narutaru, and Bokurano is his latest. Wings of Vendemiaire is a collection of short stories, and I'm almost finished reading it, I'll most likely read the rest later today. Bokurano is on chapter 4 right now and it's pretty interesting in my opinion.
Old 2004-03-22, 16:55   Link #80
Briareos

Quote:
This is somewhat offtopic, but has anyone read Wings of Vendemiaire or Bokurano? Wings of Vendemiaire was Mohiro Kitoh's first work before Narutaru, and Bokurano is his latest. Wings of Vendemiaire is a collection of short stories, and I'm almost finished reading it, I'll most likely read the rest later today. Bokurano is on chapter 4 right now and it's pretty interesting in my opinion.
Wings of Vendemiaire was mentioned in an earlier version of this thread. It's awesome -- highly recommended.

Thanks for the heads-up on Bokurano.