AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-14, 11:54   Link #21
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
seemed to have toned things down a bit, in which case, what's the point?
With this kind of material, either go all out, or not at all.
less toned down then not explicitly showing things so far. Not really sure they could get away with showing the women that killed themselves with out being heavy censored. It is a bit of a disappoint that they don't state how they got the poison they used.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-14, 12:52   Link #22
Lex79

I'm liking it so far. I'll have to check the manga if they toned down things in the anime to have a better idea of what kind of story the author wanted to tell.
Old 2024-04-15, 14:57   Link #23
Tenzen12

"Now that I know there is goblin I can trust like you"

What? Sure they weren't raped or eaten, but they are basically slaves held in cave and forced(?) to make clothes, weapons and potions with nothing but verbal promise they will
released on day in unspecified future. Some of them have to have some family and friends waiting for them, right? Do these girls get fed some weird mushrooms by goblin shaman or something?
Old 2024-04-15, 19:11   Link #24
grecefar

at least we know he is using the libido skill.

I feel bad for gobkichi he was left behind pretty badly.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-15, 20:00   Link #25
Strahan

It'd make a lot more sense if they were drugged, yea lol. They were captured on day 26 and it was day 35 in the beginning of this ep when they are all smiles and buddy buddy with him. Less than ten days. Stockholm set to turbo, lol. Especially when you consider they then insisted he screw them too just a week later

But having watched this, I had to chuckle because in another thread I was bitching about how you hardly ever see a MC that will take what is offered. Someone who is a nice balance between pervy rapist and uptight virgin who is allergic to women. This guy doesn't go out of his way for it, but when it comes along, he doesn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Finally heh.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 01:04   Link #26
Lex79

Yeah protagonist having sex with multiple girls After three episodes Is a nice and welcome change of pace compared to what we are used to get. Now it's time for Gobukichi to get another evolution and some action too.
Old 2024-04-16, 12:37   Link #27
Dark Wing

I still can't believe the girls legit stayed because they figured he wasn't that terrible to them. Midevil dating must've been fucking wild.
Old 2024-04-16, 16:02   Link #28
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
It is a bit of a disappoint that they don't state how they got the poison they used.
Agreed. That was kind of an important part and I don't think the anime made the source clear at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
It'd make a lot more sense if they were drugged, yea lol. They were captured on day 26 and it was day 35 in the beginning of this ep when they are all smiles and buddy buddy with him. Less than ten days. Stockholm set to turbo, lol. Especially when you consider they then insisted he screw them too just a week later
I think this is one of the problems of the diary format. The relationships are simply not explored and "happen in the background". Though speaking about drugging, it wouldn't be surprising for Alchemist to add a little something to the girls' food to make them adapt easier. She looks exactly like the type that wouldn't hesitate to do some dirty job if she deems it necessary.

As for their treatment, seriously speaking it might be the best they could hope for. Let's say they get released (or run away), what next? They have no one close to them and are hardly capable of taking care of themselves (especially in medieval society) and everyone would consider them to "no longer be pure", even though that's not the case, so marriage prospects are abysmal. They would likely be forced to sell their bodies and beggary to get by. Compared to that they have comfortable living space, food, clothes, and relative safety. Even their freedom isn't so much restrained (going to the forest is more dangerous to them than being forbidden anyway since they can't really fight the monsters) That's not so bad.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 17:08   Link #29
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
"Now that I know there is goblin I can trust like you"

What? Sure they weren't raped or eaten, but they are basically slaves held in cave and forced(?) to make clothes, weapons and potions with nothing but verbal promise they will
released on day in unspecified future. Some of them have to have some family and friends waiting for them, right? Do these girls get fed some weird mushrooms by goblin shaman or something?
The very fact they weren't raped and he beat those that tried to death pretty much makes him turstful. Remember the last group of women that were taken captive killed themselves. As stated they aren't exactly prisoners they are deep in a very dangerous forest and their only protection is Rou

One issue is we mainly only get the story from Rou's pov so there is some narrator bias. The way he see an event may not be how others interpret it. The novel pretty much makes it clear with his death as he had no idea why he was being stabbed by the clinging little girl he saw as a sister all he wanted to do was go home have a drink and maybe have a booty call.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2024-04-16, 17:36   Link #30
Tenzen12

That's simply not enough in any way. There is plenty of bad guys in the world who happens not be rapists. Also if they were in their homes whith their families they wouldn't need Rous protection in first place.
Old 2024-04-16, 21:59   Link #31
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
As for their treatment, seriously speaking it might be the best they could hope for. Let's say they get released (or run away), what next? They have no one close to them and are hardly capable of taking care of themselves (especially in medieval society) and everyone would consider them to "no longer be pure", even though that's not the case, so marriage prospects are abysmal. They would likely be forced to sell their bodies and beggary to get by. Compared to that they have comfortable living space, food, clothes, and relative safety. Even their freedom isn't so much restrained (going to the forest is more dangerous to them than being forbidden anyway since they can't really fight the monsters) That's not so bad.
No doubt. That part makes sense, the thing that just struck me weird was how it's not like they were just snatched off the street and brought here. The goblins killed all the rest of their company. One would assume they had some friends and/or loved ones amongst the murdered. You'd think there would be some sort of resentment there, rather than the affection we see in the show.

The writer just wants to push any baggage aside and get on with his story. I guess I just always look at things through a cynical lens. Maybe, on the flip side, the rest of their group were all assholes and they are legitimately relieved to be freed of them
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-16, 22:12   Link #32
deadite

Seems strange a bunch of virginal women were willing to have an orgy with non-human monster they barely know.
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 00:56   Link #33
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
No doubt. That part makes sense, the thing that just struck me weird was how it's not like they were just snatched off the street and brought here. The goblins killed all the rest of their company. One would assume they had some friends and/or loved ones amongst the murdered. You'd think there would be some sort of resentment there, rather than the affection we see in the show.

The writer just wants to push any baggage aside and get on with his story. I guess I just always look at things through a cynical lens. Maybe, on the flip side, the rest of their group were all assholes and they are legitimately relieved to be freed of them
they were part of a merchant caravan, we don't even know how many people were part of it, they may have been the majority.of it and they appear to be very low level as the red head was less trained then the weakest of Rou's forces who had less then a month of training. There is little reason to think they had any meaningful relationships with the others mainly because they haven't had any reaction to it. Also we don't know how long they had been captured and to come to terms that once they got to the goblin's home they were going to have a bad end, and then that didn't happen.

I'm not saying Rou is a good person. He is an admitted cannibal before he died, is a womanizer, and has very sociopathic tendencies. But he will keep his word.
Old 2024-04-17, 01:27   Link #34
larethian

I won't bother thinking too deeply and questioning about a reincarnation show where the MC gains skills non-stop and by day 20ish-30ish, he's already OP af.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 13:48   Link #35
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Midevil dating must've been fucking wild.
What dating? I don't know what kind of world building was done for the human society, In non modern times women would marry whoever their dad choose (sometimes getting a few cows as profit). There is also the posibility they were from the start (skilled) slaves being transported to their new owner whereabouts. The fact that there we no females adventurers in the party that was in the dungeon makes me think this is no "medieval times with modern sensibilities" setting.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 15:17   Link #36
Rasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
What dating? I don't know what kind of world building was done for the human society, In non modern times women would marry whoever their dad choose (sometimes getting a few cows as profit). There is also the posibility they were from the start (skilled) slaves being transported to their new owner whereabouts. The fact that there we no females adventurers in the party that was in the dungeon makes me think this is no "medieval times with modern sensibilities" setting.
The redhead is clearly an adventurer, so female ones exist. I wouldn't judge too much from the single party we have seen so far, though it would make sense for female adventurers to be rarer. I am also pretty sure none of them were slaves, though how close they were to the rest of the caravan is hard to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
Seems strange a bunch of virginal women were willing to have an orgy with non-human monster they barely know.
If you take the situation more cynically it makes a lot of sense. The girls are in the middle of a dangerous forest surrounded by monsters known to rape and eat humans and even if the monsters did nothing, just driving the girls out is a death sentence. The only reason those girls haven't ended up like that is Rou and his motivation is a mystery to them. When he returned with clear "marks" of the Dryad, from their POV, there was a really high chance of him losing all interest in the humans. If that ever happened they are screwed, in the less pleasant way. So going all out to keep his attention and stay under his protection, whether they really love him or not, is the only reasonable choice.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 16:04   Link #37
Chosen_Hero

Or maybe, stay with me here, they just like him because he treats them nice and like people and is actually interesed in talking to them about their specialties instead of just treating them like breeding cattle like other monsters would, maybe just maybe they like that he is honest with them and that he has helped and protected them and kept them safe, noble concept nowadays I know, but maybe I am onto something.

Some of you are just looking for any excuse to hate this anime, literally all he has done so far is keep them safe from the other goblins, treated them nicely, talked to them, show interest in their field of expertise, just be overall nice to them and the people on here are treating him like he is an Aizen level manipulator that is forcing stockholm syndrome on them (when they are the one approaching him and demanding he fucks them) or are disappointed that the anime isn't edgy like Goblin Slayer or Redo of Healer. Seriously, just be honest and admit that you were never going to like the MC having a harem.

This show is far from perfect, but so far it's at least better then the usual garbage with the usual copy/paste chaste asexual MC that has a harem that keeps throwing themselves at him while he keeps ignoring them all series long for no good reason.
Old 2024-04-17, 18:21   Link #38
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasty View Post
The redhead is clearly an adventurer, so female ones exist.
She is a fighter with little experience, to me the most logical explanation is that she was part of regional defense force depleted of males due to a war

Quote:
I am also pretty sure none of them were slaves, though how close they were to the rest of the caravan is hard to say.
Depends on the setting. In a happy go luck setting they would be tourists or would be visiting their relatives. In a more realist setting, there is little reason to travel near a forest full of dangerous monsters, unless you were transporting stolen goods (which included human females).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-04-17, 19:52   Link #39
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Or maybe, stay with me here, they just like him because he treats them nice and like people and is actually interesed in talking to them about their specialties instead of just treating them like breeding cattle like other monsters would, maybe just maybe they like that he is honest with them and that he has helped and protected them and kept them safe, noble concept nowadays I know, but maybe I am onto something.

Some of you are just looking for any excuse to hate this anime, literally all he has done so far is keep them safe from the other goblins, treated them nicely, talked to them, show interest in their field of expertise, just be overall nice to them and the people on here are treating him like he is an Aizen level manipulator that is forcing stockholm syndrome on them (when they are the one approaching him and demanding he fucks them) or are disappointed that the anime isn't edgy like Goblin Slayer or Redo of Healer. Seriously, just be honest and admit that you were never going to like the MC having a harem.

This show is far from perfect, but so far it's at least better then the usual garbage with the usual copy/paste chaste asexual MC that has a harem that keeps throwing themselves at him while he keeps ignoring them all series long for no good reason.

They are kidnapped and imprisoned. It's good that they aren't also raped or killed, but they are not guests. They free labor and they have no reason believe they will ever be allowed leave to be reuinited with their families.

This show is far from perfect... and girls falling for their captor just because he doesn't rape them is certainly one of reasons why it's not. Whole show run on hentai logic. You can either just roll with it , because it's hot (though making fun of it is still perfectly acceptable, as it is indeed pretty funny) or stop watching, but trying explain why it "actually" make sense doesn't make anyone favor.
Old 2024-04-17, 23:13   Link #40
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
They are kidnapped and imprisoned. It's good that they aren't also raped or killed, but they are not guests. They free labor and they have no reason believe they will ever be allowed leave to be reuinited with their families.

This show is far from perfect... and girls falling for their captor just because he doesn't rape them is certainly one of reasons why it's not. Whole show run on hentai logic. You can either just roll with it , because it's hot (though making fun of it is still perfectly acceptable, as it is indeed pretty funny) or stop watching, but trying explain why it "actually" make sense doesn't make anyone favor.
correction they were kidnapped but once Rou took over they are now currently guests as he currently has no way to get them home. Notice they have no guards, locks or supervision. The sisters were making food for everyone and it was shown they could have easily poisoned everyone with the alchemists help. The crafter was making magic weapons. The red head is even shown having a complete run of the base and is training with everyone. Nothing implies they are being forced to do it these are all their chosen crafts and we don't even know who's idea it was. I'm pretty sure the sisters would want to cook on their own if for no other reason to have better food and some semblance of civilization. And forcing an alchemists to work and then leaving them unsupervised with chemicals is good way to either be poisoned or blown up

One thing to note Rou is oblivious to the fact he is a natural womanizer this is shown repeatedly this episode, it's what got him killed, and we are only getting the story from his POV so when he says he spent the day talking with the girls it's more he spent the day unconsciously charming their socks (and other clothing) off

Last edited by kagato3; 2024-04-17 at 23:33.

Tags
harem