Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 01:15   Link #61
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

its happening!

"Because Cloud...you are a puppet."

being able to see crippled cloud, mind fucked cloud, HONEY BEE INN, the fucked up parts, eco-terrorism, cloud riding a f*ckin dolphin, chocobos breeding, cross dressed cloud and mukki ..wait ..what?!!, cloud mom and tifa in a complete remake(and with glorious new graphics!!)

i'm so happy today, i will care about the combat system and the rating(ESRB) tomorrow!

its time for One-Winged Angel

bro tip: don't level aeris! -. fuck, the nostalgia.
Old 2015-06-16, 01:22   Link #62
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
No, I have not played XIII.
neither did 60% who call XIII crap, but getting into that right now won't do anyone good

honestly I'm quite surprised that they are remaking 7 now, i didn't think the FF team had the time to do it between KH, 15, Dissidia and now world of Final Fantasy shows what i know, anyway I am definitely glad that it is, is it the number i would have chosen to be remade no, is it the one that if any of the 6-9 FF's to get a remake that that the one that would be chosen, yes because fans have been asking for one for years now that doesn't mean that 6,8, and 9 won't eventually get remakes they just won't get one right now, now the things i worry about the remake is the world map how can it be done with those graphics, and there are some scenes that may not work in this super realistic style of graphics but i will have see them to make sure, also i am wondering wether or not they will change the battle system, hope they keep the old systemthey used but they may change it to something like 15 and alot of fans will call foul if they do
Old 2015-06-16, 01:45   Link #63
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

And now i am wondering if they will try to update the battle system or not.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 01:51   Link #64
Ultragunner

^ I just hope that they will just add more materia and monsters, perhaps include more Weapon Bosses?

You know the only thing that could top this (aside from Half-life 3 being announced )? It's that FFVI to IX are getting a remake also
Old 2015-06-16, 01:57   Link #65
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
You know the only thing that could top this (aside from Half-life 3 being announced )? It's that FFVI to IX are getting a remake also
or if square announces an final fantasy collection that is as big as the rare one (highly unlikely but a guy can dream can't he)
Old 2015-06-16, 02:34   Link #66
The Green One

Well all the FF7 fans finally got the remake they were screaming, ranting, and raving for. As they cry with delight over the thought of a remake they with one voice scream, "DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE CHANGE A THING!!!"

Seriously this is a bigger potential firebomb then the state of California with a lit match.

Hopefully the finished product is something fans and non fans alike can enjoy for the most part. I just hope it doesn't turn into one of the biggest flame wars of all time. FF7 players/fans are not known for being......reasonable. Or rational. Or very nice at all.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 02:38   Link #67
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
And now i am wondering if they will try to update the battle system or not.
They have to... unless they find a way to make turn-based battles more visually attractive.

A few years ago, I imagined this concept based on FFX's turn-based combat, to actually make turn-based combat look visually more attractive and more fun :

First, get rid of the usual "approach enemy, physically attack him, then go all the way back to rejoin your party members" animation. Replace this with stop-frame.

Let me elaborate on "stop-frame" :

Let's say Cloud, based on FFX's turn-based combat, has only 1 turn before it's Tifa's turn. Based on that, Cloud attacks that enemy physically with his Buster Sword. Visually, we see Cloud running toward (or approaching) the enemy and slashing him with his sword. After the sword slash and the effect (staggering effect) it has on the enemy is visually done... this is where the "stop-frame" animation goes into action.

When you're in "stop-frame", everything is stopped, greyed-out. The battle command menu re-appears and now you make your decisions for Tifa's turn. But you see, Cloud is not back besides his party members, he's still near that enemy he just slashed.

With this kind of system, party & enemy placements could affect your turns. There's many possibilities. For instance, you could go for optional damage bonuses for 2 turns in-a-row.

Let's say Cloud has 2 turns before it's either the enemy's turn or Tifa's turn. Cloud could be prudent, and decide to use his 2 turns one-shot at a time. That means he could slash the enemy on the first turn, then use defend on the second turn. Or he could go for a 2 hit combo, by using his 2 turns.

I could into more details... but I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 02:41   Link #68
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Something tells me that we can only use Cloud since Nomura is heading it..

Hopefully not though.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 03:29   Link #69
SvenCalBayan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Something tells me that we can only use Cloud since Nomura is heading it..

Hopefully not though.
I see him (Nomura) and his team going for a battle system like Type-0, but much more improved.

For instance, in Type-0, when you needed long range, you used Ace, King, Trey... when you needed close range, you used Sice, Jack, Cinque.

I believe the same will go for the FFVII remake. Cloud & Tifa for close range combat, Barret & Vincent for long range combat.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 03:38   Link #70
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I'm in the "doesn't really care" group, to be honest. I don't hate VII or anything and loved my first playthrough, but that's all to it. I could never be bothered to replay it more than that single time many years later and still don't feel the urge to do so.

A revamped/new battle system can possibly influence my "stance", but it's on the PS4 which I have absolutely no motivation to obtain (even if I had the money) any time soon or in the near future as the roughly 2-3 games of "interest" will also be on the PS3.
Old 2015-06-16, 03:56   Link #71
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

"Finally" is what I wanted to say but considering SE trackrecord as of late, I'm still wary about about this.
The reason is simple: past the countless interviews with them saying a remake would cost too much money with the current technology at hand (recreating cities/villages faithfully etc), that announcement back during the PSX 20th anniversary still bothers me to no end.

I mean... why even making such announcement as if it was the damn game people were waiting for ever since that PS3 spec movie? The PS4 port was pretty much a disaster no matter how you look at it, and with the remake announcement timing, it almost looks as if SE realized the huge backlash and made ammend like that.

I really hope I'm wrong because if they started the remake after the backlash, that means barely a year or less has passed for the development so huh...
Old 2015-06-16, 04:15   Link #72
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have spent the last hour watching people on youtube lose theircollective shit. It's hilarious.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 04:57   Link #73
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
"Finally" is what I wanted to say but considering SE trackrecord as of late, I'm still wary about about this.
The reason is simple: past the countless interviews with them saying a remake would cost too much money with the current technology at hand (recreating cities/villages faithfully etc), that announcement back during the PSX 20th anniversary still bothers me to no end.

I mean... why even making such announcement as if it was the damn game people were waiting for ever since that PS3 spec movie? The PS4 port was pretty much a disaster no matter how you look at it, and with the remake announcement timing, it almost looks as if SE realized the huge backlash and made ammend like that.

I really hope I'm wrong because if they started the remake after the backlash, that means barely a year or less has passed for the development so huh...
I hope that they were just trolling, especially the stunt where they announce FFVII on PC with the...PC version Square-Enix should have known better than that, that people weren't gonna be amused by it at all.

Seriously, if they had no intention of doing the remake in the first place, why even touch it (porting the old version to PS4) so that the fans would be pissed about?

On the other hand, I can see there is somewhat a change in Square-Enix, one exmaple is the releasing of FFXV demo with updates and open feedback session (they even streamed it on Twitch!), and they even acknowledge some flaws with the current state of the game.

I always have the feeling that the folks at Square Enix do not want to live under the shadows of those legends and iconic figures like Sakaguchi and Nobuo, they had been trying to avoid it. However, avoiding such pressure is not the proper way to move on, the clearest proof lies in the FFXIII series - Square Enix tried so hard to move away from its old image, but what were the results? Some might like it but many view it like a joke

Perhaps after the strong backlash from the fans towards the FFXIII series (I still have no idea why they did what they did, we, at least the Western audience, never wanted 3 freakin' FFXIII games!!!!), the excutives had some serious internal discussion and realized that they needed to move on and actually listen to the fans, that they also needed to embrace the old success of FF.
Old 2015-06-16, 04:57   Link #74
Esclair

Some things that'd be really cool but probably impossible due to budget and time:

-Completely seamless world. We're talking at least Fallout size here, linking the entire world map together. So no more exiting out of Midgard and coming out to a open world map, when you escape you continue onto the desert with your cars and cloud on his bike, traversing the complete distance in the actual landscape.

-Action RPG combat that utilizes the terrain to do all the kinds of actions you see them do in Advent Children. Jumping of of walls, jumping off of falling debris, etc. Also be able to seamlessly switch between any of your party members at any time.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 05:59   Link #75
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I have this feeling that people will step on Mars before this game is released...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 06:53   Link #76
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Woot! actually, happy to see this happening. Can't wait to play it in 5 to 10 years.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 07:14   Link #77
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Nomura? Welp we can expect a scene where Cloud says. "If only I was amazing and powerful as Lightning"

I'm not as happy now. =\

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2015-06-16 at 07:28.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 07:42   Link #78
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nomura? Welp we can expect a scene where Cloud says. "If only I was amazing and powerful as Lightning"

I'm not as happy now. =\
Lightning will be a DLC character.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 07:45   Link #79
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Lightning will be a DLC character.
Remember LR Lightning had an Aerith costume dlc?
Pretty sure Aerith will get a Lightning costume dlc somewhere along the lines or we'll get it as a pre-order bonus

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 07:47   Link #80
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Remember LR Lightning had an Aerith costume dlc?
Pretty sure Aerith will get a Lightning costume dlc somewhere along the lines or we'll get it as a pre-order bonus
She had a Cloud costume too, so does Cloud get an Lightning DLC costume as well?
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg