AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-09, 13:13   Link #201
Dop
Mmmm....

I have to admit the first episode of this season didn't entirely click, but this second episode had me in stitches from beginning to end (and oh my god, that post-credit sequence).

Yamada just completely steals the show, really.

I'm definitely hoping to see more of the ensemble cast action this season, where last season's concentration on Inami often left the other characters sidelined.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 15:49   Link #202
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

How the hell do these people stay in business? It's like only one of them is working at given moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
I'm definitely hoping to see more of the ensemble cast action this season, where last season's concentration on Inami often left the other characters sidelined.
Well, the Inami jokes are kind of the bread and butter of the show.
Old 2011-10-09, 17:20   Link #203
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
How the hell do these people stay in business? It's like only one of them is working at given moment.
Actually we do see the staff working, and all of these 'skits' are in between those moments (except Yamada of course, but she's gotten slacking down to an art). Also, there's Maya picking up the slack whenever one of the girls (Yachiyo, Poplar, Mahiru) goes over to the kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
It was a given, as at the time a continuation wasn't even certain, so they had to get little subplot out of the way. They skipped some chapters to do that. Hopefully this season we'll get to see some of those chapters.

Anyway, that aside, it looks like we'll be seeing the return of Takanashi's sister's next week, specifically Nazuna and Izumi. Nazuna is kind of expected, but one wonders why Izumi is even out of their house...
Old 2011-10-09, 18:08   Link #204
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I think a better question is, what the hell kind of food do they serve here? Yachiyo makes parfaits but it's rare to see the food up close, ever.
Old 2011-10-09, 18:22   Link #205
Midonin
Last Engage

Wagnaria is based off Saizeriya, so here might be a good place to start. Looking at the menu, it's a Japanese version of a causal Italian-esque eatery.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 21:47   Link #206
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The whole atmosphere reminds me of Denny's or Sharie's --- non-descript 'western-style' food of varying quality.
Old 2011-10-09, 21:49   Link #207
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The whole atmosphere reminds me of Denny's or Sharie's --- non-descript 'western-style' food of varying quality.
The Denny's in Japantown in SF has sushi... But I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot chopstick.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:08   Link #208
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
That's like asking how the 20somethings of <insert random sitcom> have so much free time, and/or sweet apartments in Manhattan. It's fiction felix. It's not real.

Anyways, Working is one of those guilty pleasures. Just a whole bunch of pointlessly fluffy cuteness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The Denny's in Japantown in SF has sushi... But I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot chopstick.
Something tells me Enzo would die inside if he ever went to the south and ate at a Waffle House.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:40   Link #209
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I think a better question is, what the hell kind of food do they serve here? Yachiyo makes parfaits but it's rare to see the food up close, ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Wagnaria is based off Saizeriya, so here might be a good place to start. Looking at the menu, it's a Japanese version of a causal Italian-esque eatery.
It is? Considering the beverage choices and the few dishes that we know are on the menu ('white' curry, Hamburger set (with tempura/crumbed prawns), parfaits), it seems like a normal, just about everything goes, Western with some Japanese food-based family restaurant to me.

Here's the menu for Skylark/Gusto, which is a Japan-wide family restaurant... (You can navigate using the buttons on the left to see the range of food they offer).

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:51   Link #210
Midonin
Last Engage

Maybe it's only the names that are similar.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-09, 22:59   Link #211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Something tells me Enzo would die inside if he ever went to the south and ate at a Waffle House.
Been there, done that.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 02:36   Link #212
bakAnki
あやせたんの剣

Thanks to the anime which made Yamada far cuter and more adorable (they really push it, as well on the OP and ED), I'm now her fan too

I really can't tell if Souma is actually joking when he's talking on the phone XD
Old 2011-10-10, 02:39   Link #213
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakAnki View Post
I really can't tell if Souma is actually joking when he's talking on the phone XD
Souma's the Koizumi of Working. His emotions are so well hidden that you never know what he's plotting. XD
Old 2011-10-10, 02:51   Link #214
Forsaken_Infinity

The Souma bits were far and away the highlight of the episode.

I feel disappointed in how they have treated Inami thus far though. It's like she's become just a living part of the background at best now now. I hope they can somehow include her back into the skits - and no, not just as some girl who has a crush on the MC and is the butt of a joke here and there. At the moment though... she seems to be being treated the same way Misty was for the whole Johto arc of pokemon o_O
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 03:37   Link #215
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I feel disappointed in how they have treated Inami thus far though. It's like she's become just a living part of the background at best now now. I hope they can somehow include her back into the skits - and no, not just as some girl who has a crush on the MC and is the butt of a joke here and there. At the moment though... she seems to be being treated the same way Misty was for the whole Johto arc of pokemon o_O
Unfortunately, they stacked a lot of her material into the first season. Right now the last two episodes have been picking things up that had happened concurrently in the manga--namely Yamada's antics.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 03:53   Link #216
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
Unfortunately, they stacked a lot of her material into the first season. Right now the last two episodes have been picking things up that had happened concurrently in the manga--namely Yamada's antics.
*sweatdrops* I have read so much of the manga already that I really don't remember where everything is (though I do...sorta...remember reading the chapters that have been covered so far this season)...but @Forsaken_Infinity, I don't think you have to worry that Inami will stay in the background forever, even if some other viewers might hope for that... According to the Japanese wikipedia, she's the most popular character in polls on the website (with Jun being second)...

So as to avoid spoilers, I'll just quote Vexx:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The manga (hmmmm, no spoilers) is a mix of evolution and things that remain as they are. Hopefully, the anime will carry along in the same way.
edit: oh that's right...since I just skimmed it for some of the commentary:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
When did Satou start calling Yachiyo by her first name?
Should have started after episode 10 last season, but they didn't managed to slip it into the series until now.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-10-10 at 07:35.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 04:27   Link #217
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
I'm not hating on Inami. In fact, I adore her, and she's one of the few character I had a strong dislike for initially, but slowly grew on me throughout, until I was cheering for her every episode.

Buuuuuuuuuuut, I want to see more of Yamada. She's hilarious, and ridiculously cute, and combines the two things in a very intriguing manner. And her voice... God that voice. She can whisper sweet nothings in my ear any day of the week.

In short, everyone is amazing, but Yamada is amazing... est.
Old 2011-10-10, 06:00   Link #218
CWW
Lurker

Yamada is certainly amazing, but damn, doesn't she have a family? Yamada's family must be the worst if she wants to be adopted and live in a dank restaurant where everyone thinks she's second fiddle. Never mind education!

Actually, everyone on this show is batshit insane. And that's how I like 'em. Well, maybe not Yachiyo. She is the nuttiest. If yandere was a dictionary word she would be in it. Poor Satou. As a sidenote, I loved how Yamada valued her life and backed away, as if to hint Yachiyo wasn't fooling around. Poplar seems to be the most sane and even she has issues pronouncing names correctly on an every-time basis.

Anyway, looking forward to next week already. Inami in her casual clothes. <3
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-10, 06:29   Link #219
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Yamada is certainly amazing, but damn, doesn't she have a family? Yamada's family must be the worst if she wants to be adopted and live in a dank restaurant where everyone thinks she's second fiddle. Never mind education!
You got straight. Poor girl, you're making her too moe now.

Quote:
Poplar seems to be the most sane and even she has issues pronouncing names correctly on an every-time basis.
I suppose she is, if I had to pick one. I still smile every time she calls him Katanashi-kun. It'll never get old, and that's good, because I'm sure she'll never stop.

Quote:
Yay. She looks great in those. Not like I needed another reason to look forward to the next episode, but hey.
Old 2011-10-10, 07:00   Link #220
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Don't forget her constantly changing hairpins.

Spoiler for Large photo:

Tags
comedy, slice of life