Old 2011-10-23, 18:11   Link #81
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Yurin senses incoming Emily to avoid a cat fight
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 18:52   Link #82
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Another great episode. I'm glad the Zedas was around for more than minute or two. It's definitely adding a lot more to the mysterious factor the UE have. The scanning of the colony inside searching for Bruzar was really ominous, they really want to kill people. The DOTS rifle was also neat in this episode. Dozens of multiple shots, but it has ammo constraints, I like that. Poor purple Gafran is no more though.

Yurin is something else I'll tell you what, she's an odd one. Bruzar's death was sad, but it was a noble death. I'm glad Woolf is finally entering the fray, but it is odd how the Diva is equipped with cyropods, what are they for and for who else? Like with any good Gundam series, AGE is providing more questions.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-23, 21:42   Link #83
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Emily saw Yurin leaving but never reacted at all (even to the ribbon). Innocent girl; the realization that Yurin was sitting on Flit-kun's lap during the battle will probably come later.
Old 2011-10-23, 22:38   Link #84
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well guess what, my Saints raept the Colts so bad, I paused the game at halftime and got some AGE on me...

This was a good episode..I see they're going with the Tifa Adil factor...I would rather Flit and his evolving smarts Gundam be able to progress on their own, but a female psychic to boot? AGE is already in the winners' bracket...

Rather enjoyed the detail in the destruction of the Colony and the plums of fire that enveloped my intoxicated iris rather well...The main Gargoyle suit this episode was rather cool, and reminded me of Alejandro Corner's MA when it locked up (Although smaller in stature obviously)...
Visually, the whizzing and whirling of the suits in space was understated and provided a somewhat myopic battle that I really enjoyed...

The show lacks the interpersonal in-fight aspects that I personally enjoy more (That's my gripe against Gundam OO Movie aswell)...It's hard to get that extra layer of intensity when it's just some suit vs. another Gundam rather than the extension of an ideal or philosophy in huminoid form, but maybe that gets clearer...A Mobile Doll surley wouldn't have let the weaponless Gundam kid live...Also I hope they step up the battle music, it's far too generic IMO, but that didn't kill things...

All in all, yeah I liked it, but...
Old 2011-10-23, 23:48   Link #85
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Always know when to attack and when to retreat and your objective will be complete.

And I have to say Yurin's mission went quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Emily saw Yurin leaving but never reacted at all (even to the ribbon). Innocent girl; the realization that Yurin was sitting on Flit-kun's lap during the battle will probably come later.
She's obviously aware how she is potrayed ending and how Flit's son looks like so she's got nothing to worry about.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:09   Link #86
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Highlights of the episode for me,
  • When Bruzer chatised the Captain for thinking about the probabilities, I flashbacked to the good old days of GaoGaiGar where the cast essentially said, "Screw the odds, we got GUTS!"
  • Spiderman has forever tainted my mind whenever people talk about "With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility."
  • Bruzer's death is also symbolic in that the old generation is making way for the new one. Adios gramps.
  • She's got the touch... She's got the POWEEER! YEAH!
  • Interesting choice of colour for Flit's "focus mode", but it works as blue is associated with calmness.
  • I now eagerly await the episode where Flit tells Yurin that he needs her to touch him again to win battles. Oh the lovely misunderstandings that will occur from that! Emily: "WHAT?!?!"
On a side note, I always end up torturing myself by finding myself being more endeared towards the losing romance female characters. Yakumo... Yuki... Ayumi... Mai... etc...

Cheers.
Old 2011-10-24, 00:25   Link #87
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Whoa, whoa, that director did a great job in capturing the action. Screw the jumpy camera, just show us what we need to see, and they deliver. Thanks for not giving me a headache! The best thing about Gundam Age is that they seem to have gotten all the fundamentals of making an anime down. I'd expect no less. That scene with the refugees really captured a ton of emotions, and was utterly masterful in terms of placement. I was actually like "holy crap!" when I saw that.

I think I suffered a moe brain freeze from looking at Yurin; to say I like those kind of characters is an understatement. Her giving the ribbon to Flit was a great moment.

And man, as per Gundam, they did not hesitate to bring in the fact that anyone can die. We've already lost a manly hero already, and Flit is obviously not too happy about this. Also, Flit benefited from some notes about his own background. Gundam is his life!

And so Emily is glad to see Flit again, and Yurin floats away. She'd better be back.

9/10-- Great directing, moe, and gar in one good package. I'm impressed.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2011-10-24 at 00:52.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 01:19   Link #88
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

So next episode we get Shin Matsunaga (the white wolf) but when do we get Johnny Ridden the Crimson Lightning?
Old 2011-10-24, 02:48   Link #89
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Just wait for the custom high mobility grunt suits to appear :lol:
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 03:54   Link #90
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Good episode. Bruzar surely went out like a man. It seems only mecha/shonen know how to bring out the awesome old men in anime typically, wish we could see more of that else where. But obviously this creates more baggage for Flint as he goes on to carry out his missions.

I'm interested in seeing where we go on from here. Perhaps there will be some conflict over whether or not Flint should pilot the Gundam. I doubt he'll take the Amuro Ray route and angst over his responsibility over the Gundam. The captain is obviously still a shady guy so we must be careful.

I already foresee the future shipping wars between Yurin and Emily commencing. They're both pretty good so far I would say, so no harm either pairing as far as I can see. Though typically, since this is Gundam, I think it best not to get too invested in any romantic option (Ones that even do culminate tend to end in death anyways ).

I also share the sentiment though that I hope the UE get some more personality or explaining in the future. It's fine now, but it doesn't have the same intensity as humans vs humans.

Anyways, this episode was really well done, from the sound track, to the visuals as usual. Everything was just pretty damn good. 9/10
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 08:06   Link #91
John117xCortana

The sound effects of the engines were awesome.

I wonder why the UE mobile suit retreated. Perhaps the pilot was impressed and/or respected the Gundam pilot and decided to withdraw ?
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 10:21   Link #92
klare

yup why did the UE not attack the Diva? that would have ended all hope, the fight was quite intense

the old commander is the real hero in this eps
Old 2011-10-24, 11:54   Link #93
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Wow, never thought I'd see a day that a nameless grunt suit would be at even grounds against a Gundam. That was great.

Bruzar - Did he knew bout' Grodeks (ep2?) actions? I mean, I would assume as far as I can tell (EDIT: that what Bruzar knew was) that the crew of the Diva would be from the military. Dunno, or maybe I'm just missing something.

Yurin - I like her, will she die? Dunno if Age will be the very first gundam with a well develop and fleshed romance sidestory. Hope so though. I'm a Flay (lol, Seed) fan btw.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 12:10   Link #94
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... pretty sure G-Gundam and Gundam X already beat AGE to the "fleshed out romance sidestory". As for the grunts, are you talking about the purple Gafran? Because from what we know about it, the Zedas doesn't seem to be a grunt suit.
Old 2011-10-24, 12:27   Link #95
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOneKnowS View Post
Bruzar - Did he knew bout' Grodeks (ep2?) actions? I mean, I would assume as far as I can tell (EDIT: that what Bruzar knew was) that the crew of the Diva would be from the military. Dunno, or maybe I'm just missing something.
Near the beginning of episode 3, when Bruzer asked Grudek why he is in command of Diva instead of the original crew, Grudek lied stating that it was EFF command's orders.
Old 2011-10-24, 15:34   Link #96
Vsin
Aldracity

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
yup why did the UE not attack the Diva? that would have ended all hope, the fight was quite intense
I think Sunrise went out of their way to illustrate that the UE had no intention of destroying the Diva at all. Which then leads us to speculate why on earth they bothered blowing up the colony at all.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 15:36   Link #97
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
I think Sunrise went out of their way to illustrate that the UE had no intention of destroying the Diva at all. Which then leads us to speculate why on earth they bothered blowing up the colony at all.
Can we be sure its the same ones?
Old 2011-10-24, 16:14   Link #98
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
AGE seems to be getting onto a good start in my opinion, mainly because of last two episode rather than the first. Would be hoping it starts to branch out a bit from here on.

I reckon the Zedas might have spared the Diva on a whim, maybe the pilot saw some admiration with Flit's actions or something but I reckon it wasn't a main objective even if this was the case.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:29   Link #99
U<3Anime
Boo!

Yurin raised a death flag....God Damnit

I don't know if I'll be able to continue watching if she does end up leaving permanently.
Old 2011-10-24, 17:42   Link #100
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This Gundam series has the worst OP song of them all...
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion