AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2004-04-12, 18:54   Link #1
Buckie06

Playing Episodes on DVD player

Sorry for the newbie question. I'm new to this. Am i right in inderstanding that there is a way to be able to play the fansubs on DVD players? Does it has anything to do with VCDs? or something like that? I have a CD-burner but not a dvd burner. Will i need to purchase one? Thanks in advanced for the help and sorry if this has been asked before, i didn't find it in the search.
Buckie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-12, 20:11   Link #2
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckie06
Sorry for the newbie question. I'm new to this. Am i right in inderstanding that there is a way to be able to play the fansubs on DVD players? Does it has anything to do with VCDs? or something like that? I have a CD-burner but not a dvd burner. Will i need to purchase one? Thanks in advanced for the help and sorry if this has been asked before, i didn't find it in the search.
I am not a VCD guru but i can tell you, you have to burn the AVI into a VCD. I also have heard that making a AVI into a VCD is not a simple process and will take out most of your time. Converting it and stuff and getting the subtitles to fit etcetc. I recommend you play the file on your comp cause usually a Computer monitor has better resolution than television sets(unless you have a HD TV)
MasafumiGotoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 06:15   Link #3
panianna

If you have money to spare invest it into DVD player that supports DivX. That way you would not need to convert your anime, just burn it on CD or DVD and watch it. The quality is almost DVD like, much better that on computer.
panianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 13:20   Link #4
MasafumiGotoh

Hmmmm

The only bad thing about those DVD players is that you are not sure if it will decode Xvid. Only problem i can think of with those DVD players. Unless the firmware uprades are easily obtainable and free then i would invest money in those DVD players.
Old 2004-04-13, 15:50   Link #5
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNarutoFanxX
The only bad thing about those DVD players is that you are not sure if it will decode Xvid. Only problem i can think of with those DVD players. Unless the firmware uprades are easily obtainable and free then i would invest money in those DVD players.
I don’t know much about computer stuff. Let’s say firmware upgrade is easily obtainable and free, can you tell me how to upgrade your DVD player? It’s not a computer so how can you download the firmware? Of course, I am assuming they are softwares.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 16:13   Link #6
Buckie06

So i'm better off going for the Dvd burner then? If i burn episodes onto the DVD-Rs then will they be able to play in the DVD player?
Buckie06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 17:12   Link #7
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
*walks in, uses search button, finds helpful thread:

VCD Creation Guide
Vulkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 19:23   Link #8
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest
I don’t know much about computer stuff. Let’s say firmware upgrade is easily obtainable and free, can you tell me how to upgrade your DVD player? It’s not a computer so how can you download the firmware? Of course, I am assuming they are softwares.
If you can upgrade a bios on a Game Enhancer from a Playstation with burning the bios and some executables on a cd and running it on a PS with the game enhancer on, I guess this would be possible. Unless the DVD player sucks and somethign screws up on the bios upgrade and the DVD player is useless.

Quote:
So i'm better off going for the Dvd burner then? If i burn episodes onto the DVD-Rs then will they be able to play in the DVD player?
Nope that would be the same as burning a AVI to a CD unless your DVD player plays AVI that supports Xvid.
Old 2004-04-14, 04:06   Link #9
panianna

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNarutoFanxX
DVD player can decode XVid much better then a regular computer. It doesn't discriminate, old XVid, new XVid - all the same.
About firmware upgrades, they are easily obtainable through internet and easily installed. I upgrade my own player once a month and the process is primitive. Just download *iso file with upgrade, burn it to disc, put the disc into player and follow the instructions.
panianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 13:35   Link #10
OtakuGURU

just buy a dvd burner, get nero vision express 2, and transcode your Avi files to mpg2 files and make a dvd out of them with menus and all even chapter stops, the quality of the dvds i have made are IDENTICAL to store bought dvds, with a resolution of 720 by 480, but make sure that the original source AVI file has a resonable reslution... i would not reccommend using any files that are less then 600 by 400, the resulting quality of the dvd will depend on the quality and resolution of the AVI file..... currently most fan subbers use 705 by 480 resolution which is awesome for making them into dvds!
OtakuGURU is offline   Reply With Quote