Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-13, 08:14   Link #4221
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Where do you guys go to get poster printed? Places like Kinko cost way too much...

Also, does it need to be in the right solution?
I had some 2' x 3' (60 x 90 cm) posters printed from a JPEG file at Staples last year. Printing and mounting on foam core cost about $20 as I recall which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I'm not sure what your second question is asking. I created the image for printing in the GIMP with the resolution set to 4800 x 7200 pixels to conform to the paper size.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 18:43   Link #4222
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I had some 2' x 3' (60 x 90 cm) posters printed from a JPEG file at Staples last year. Printing and mounting on foam core cost about $20 as I recall which I thought was pretty reasonable.

I'm not sure what your second question is asking. I created the image for printing in the GIMP with the resolution set to 4800 x 7200 pixels to conform to the paper size.
Oh thanks. I meant to type resolution but somehow failed in doing so....
Old 2010-09-15, 00:02   Link #4223
Kudryavka

Are you a furry if you like Mickey Mouse?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 02:41   Link #4224
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Are you a furry if you like Mickey Mouse?
That really depends on how much you like Mickey. If you know what I mean.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 04:41   Link #4225
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdestroy View Post
That really depends on how much you like Mickey. If you know what I mean.
Liking him as much as many Americans? Not bow chika wow wow.
Old 2010-09-15, 07:42   Link #4226
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Liking him as much as many Americans? Not bow chika wow wow.
Oh okay you're normal then, I like Mickey too. Epic Mickey FTW!!
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 07:44   Link #4227
Irkalla
I asked for this

No, you are not a furry because of that. You are a furry if you dress into a furry, or if you find pleasure looking at furries having sex.
Old 2010-09-16, 00:01   Link #4228
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
No, you are not a furry because of that. You are a furry if you dress into a furry, or if you find pleasure looking at furries having sex.
Okay. I was hoping that the concrete definition is actually dressing up as an animal , maybe or maybe not for sexual titillation. People on the internet make it seem as if anyone who likes any kind of anthropomorphic non-human character is a furry that needs to be ridiculed. Do they forget what characters populate the cartoons that most American kids grow up on? It's probably on the level of weeaboo bashing.
Old 2010-09-16, 13:24   Link #4229
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Okay. I was hoping that the concrete definition is actually dressing up as an animal , maybe or maybe not for sexual titillation. People on the internet make it seem as if anyone who likes any kind of anthropomorphic non-human character is a furry that needs to be ridiculed. Do they forget what characters populate the cartoons that most American kids grow up on? It's probably on the level of weeaboo bashing.
"People on the internet" are mostly morons that wouldn't know a dictionary if it smacked them in the face. Ignorance, intolerance, and fear of the different seem to rule their vacuous little world. I'm frequently amazed they can operate a computer...

The term "furry" is almost as bendable as "loli" or "moe" on the 'intarweb tubez". I like to read anthropomorphic comics and stories (often sci-fi), does that make me furry? I have friends who portray zoo mascot people as a hobby, does that make them furry? Is Star Trek "furry" because it portrays cross-species sex? Its a slippery term to nail down.

Yeah... they're about equivalent to the twits who misuse most terms when they're trying to be insulting or trolling.
Old 2010-09-16, 13:33   Link #4230
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Okay. I was hoping that the concrete definition is actually dressing up as an animal , maybe or maybe not for sexual titillation. People on the internet make it seem as if anyone who likes any kind of anthropomorphic non-human character is a furry that needs to be ridiculed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah... they're about equivalent to the twits who misuse most terms when they're trying to be insulting or trolling.
In all seriousness, a "silly" question deserves a silly answer:

Feel free to pick your own poison.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 14:00   Link #4231
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I'm furry, I have a decent amount of body hair.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 14:01   Link #4232
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I think the term stems from cynicism and biasedness - the idea that anyone who likes cute or childish stuff is considered to be -as furry as the stuff they like-. It is a simple puritan mentality to wax those anomalies in the human race who think differently; first verbally, then physically, and finally WMDs.

Same as the word nigger (people who are black), noob (people who don't know how to / can't play the game), etc; these are all just terms to describe someone a person sees AND feel uncomfortable around, or rather alienated by their behaviour.

Like what I told a schoolmate in highschool when he told me to ditch anime/manga, stop making obscure references and grow up :

If growing up means to become a frog surrounded by the same people who become your well, I would rather remain childish. Maturing doesn't mean you ditch that inquisition in you not just to learn, but understand.

I had the reputation in school for being extremely "childish" and would challenge ANY idea thrown at me. Most teachers hate me, other than my home tutor, Physics tutor and GP tutor. And I am glad they encouraged me to think and ask more independently instead of chucking questions without prior in-depth research - thanks to them I manage to roughly figure out myself how the stock market works - now I just need to appropriate the cash to test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I'm furry, I have a decent amount of body hair.
That is call HAIRY. And what are you? A leftover Homo-erectus from 1.8 million years ago? Go shave that hair! It's disgusting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In all seriousness, a "silly" question deserves a silly answer:

<SNIP>

Feel free to pick your own poison.
If your definition "furry" is synonymous with "cute and cuddly", that would be a misrepresentation of a catgirl.

A real one looks like this :

Spoiler for WARNING : MOE:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 14:13   Link #4233
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

That is call HAIRY. And what are you? A leftover Homo-erectus from 1.8 million years ago? Go shave that hair! It's disgusting!
My name on battle.net was Ergaster in reference to Homo Ergaster, so I'm not quite that advanced just yet.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 00:19   Link #4234
Kudryavka

tanx for the answers. I just watched a documentary about real furries, the ones who actually dress up in animal suits or strip down and bodypaint for satisfaction and pleasure, was interesting. I only asked the question to get a better definition of "a furry", not to assure myself that I wasn't a furry.

btw ending furry discussion b4 a mod does, since the question wasn't well formulated. rule 3
Old 2010-09-17, 14:54   Link #4235
Woopzilla
Desensitized

This question is just to confirm that I'm not missing something (I can't find much regarding it on google):

On youtube if you check out someone's playlists in their channel, is it really impossible to just normally navigate to this sort of playlist page?: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...1DE79CC4851724

I can't find such a link anywhere on his profile. If you go to his normal channel page and choose the Silent Hilll playlist you're given a fairly useless URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/baruttv#...1DE79CC4851724

Is there really no way to watch this playlist outside of his profile without having to copy paste the end of that URL (E11DE79CC4851724) onto http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p= ? I just get fed up of either typing out or copy pasting this 'http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=' part. Am I missing some obvious button or something somewhere or is youtube really forcing you to watch playlist within someone's channel without being able to simultaneously read/browse the comments by hiding the this 'old channel style' playlist url link? If you watch the playlist in his channel, the 'View comments, related videos and more' link doesn't get edited to contain any playlist parameters.
Old 2010-09-17, 16:13   Link #4236
Suomi
Kaiba

...the ISML.

what is it?

and Woopzilla, I'm sorry but I have no idea...
and Saintess, that is sooooooo cute/moe..<333333
Old 2010-09-17, 16:39   Link #4237
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I can't find the way to do it either. But one alternative until you find it is, from that specific page I quoted, right click and open each individual video that you want to watch on a separate tab or window. Then you can watch the video and read the comments. And when you're done, simply close that tab or window and open the next video.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:53   Link #4238
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Eight years ago Mary was half as old as Jane will be when Jane is one
year older than Tim will be at that time when Mary will be five times
as old as Tim will be two years from now. Ten years from now Tim will
be twice as old as Jane was when Mary was nine times as old as Tim.
When Tim was 1 year old, Mary was 3 years older than Tim will be when
Jane is three times as old as Mary was 6 years before the time when
Jane was 1/2 as old as Tim will be when Mary will be 12 years older
than Mary was when Jane was 1/3 as old as Tim will be when Mary will
be 3 times as old as she was when Jane was born.

Can anyone figure it out?
Old 2010-09-17, 16:54   Link #4239
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
I can't find the way to do it either. But one alternative until you find it is, from that specific page I quoted, right click and open each individual video that you want to watch on a separate tab or window. Then you can watch the video and read the comments. And when you're done, simply close that tab or window and open the next video.
So I'm not missing anything... damn, oh well. Thanks for confirming.

And yea, that is one way to get around the problem, but I just felt the other page was neater and had more 'sorting' options with 'most commented' etc. I'm also mega lazy and want the video to just automatically play the next. :P

I find it strange that such pages exist, yet youtube provides no links to them.
Old 2010-09-17, 17:20   Link #4240
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woopzilla View Post
I find it strange that such pages exist, yet youtube provides no links to them.
I remember getting to that page before, but that was before the site redesign. You can also just try searching for playlist.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
problem, q&a, serious