Funny how I have my tastes vise versa
Spoiler for 11:
Old 2011-09-22, 14:05   Link #1083
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Funny how I have my tastes vise versa
Spoiler for 11:
To be perfectly clear, I'll clarify I bit what I meant since I think with this show you need to separate these things.
Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2011-09-22, 14:11   Link #1084
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for episode 11:
Old 2011-09-22, 15:25   Link #1085
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Totally loved the twins and
Spoiler for episode 11:

Their facial expressions and voices, wonderful .

Things (Saya) moving next week. Yes!
Old 2011-09-22, 15:40   Link #1086
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

still didn't like the info dump

it was very forced. it's.. like.. oh shit, we're running out of time, better tell everything
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 15:58   Link #1087
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

it was very forced. it's.. like.. oh shit, we're running out of time, better tell everything
I think that this is ONE of the few cases in which that is actually okay. Things moved SO slowly in the beginning that to take this episode and do the exact opposite makes sense and it is satisfying for (what is probably) most people.

As someone said, everything is banking on the ending to this show, so it better be done right. And I'd prefer them getting it over with much more than having them unnecessarily draw it out over more episodes.

Spoiler:

I can't wait for epi 12, looks like it'll be really good.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 16:31   Link #1088
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

This is exactly what I was talking about with CLAMP. They tend to seem slow and repetitive, yet keep dropping subtle hints that something is off, but never really giving enough away as to exactly what, leaving the audience to speculate as the series goes on while making things more and more obvious that more is going on beyond what we're shown, then near the end *BAM!!!!!!!!!* they just spring the twists/answers right into our faces before ending in some big way.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 16:58   Link #1089
Byakou

This ep was hilarious. A mythical creature weeeeeeee! Zomg so bored when is it gon end?! I dont care jus gimme me money! There you go yummy furuki blood. Ohai random monster pops up and does nada. Fumito arrives. Yo peeps! *scared faces* Meanwhile in the background saya wtf blank zombie face.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 17:14   Link #1090
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Is it being implied that the 'father' is an Elder Bairn? ie: Same shadowy figure in the flashbacks that seems to be Pretty-Cafe-Boy's assistant.

I don't know that anyone is actually surprised at the Truman Show direction. Those random fishermen in an early episode complaining they hadn't signed up for "this" as they were being slaughtered kind of set the framework for that already.

Good to see it all coming out in the open though. As long as Cafe-Pretty-Boy gets slaughtered by the end, I'll be happy.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:05   Link #1091
Strygwyr
Attention Queen killer.
*IT Support

So this is Episode 11.....The main cast punk'ed Saya and it was all an act...an experiment. I really thought Saya was really protecting the town....but no they're were just experimenting her.
Still liked Yuka and class rep. That dog better save the day. The teacher and Fumito.....who's the villain here? they both just do their own thing and doesn't give a fuck about Saya in which I really felt bad about her. I hope Saya will go Rambo and kill the twins, tokizane and whoever the director chooses.

Good series overall, and props to CLAMP for mindfawking me yet again, touche.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:19   Link #1092
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

So that clears up a few things. I wonder what role the dog plays in it all. So they haven't shown the face of the one Fujimoto used to knockout Saya, he also said he would give him her blood. I wonder if that's supposed to be her father. So since the monster in this are different from the monster in Blood:TLV, i'm assuming they are man made monsters or else how would they be able to be under Fujimoto's control. I'm assuming he took Saya's blood and engineered those monsters.
Old 2011-09-22, 18:21   Link #1093
Sol Falling

lol ah, man, I got trolled. At least it was pretty funny, anyway. Well, I'll be looking to see how it all ends in the next episode.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:21   Link #1094
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

They should do this show in reality show style with individual interviews
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 18:26   Link #1095
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Spoiler:

Well from what Kanako says, it sounds like she is running out of time for whatever, so it's appropriate.

The whole Truman Show thing didn't surprise me, but what did was Tokizane turning out to be a jackass. Funnnnnyy stuff

And I finally like the twins! Their shit-eating grins gave them actual flavor, at long long.

In fact, it's safe to say these characters received more development in this episode alone than throughout the whole series. And I don't just mean because their real personalities came out. No, their fake personalities could've received an equal amount of attention in previous episodes instead of being cardboard cutouts - actually it might have made this reveal more powerful, because we'd be more attached to the "characters" of the twins, Tokizane, etc and their "bonds" with Saya, and their revealed douchebaggery would've thus been more upsetting for us. But because they never fleshed out even their fake personalities, seeing that they don't really care about Saya isn't exactly tragic, because they were never real people in our eyes - we never saw them have a real friendship with her, since they were nothing but one dimensional stock characters.

Well, maybe the point wasn't to make us feel bad about that. I don't know

Oh and I liked the very last shot. Loved the use of that creeping piano theme as Fumito shows up and dons his friendly "I'm going to blood rape you all" smile.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 20:02   Link #1096
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a very well-executed plot twist. The "Truman Show" elements here had long been speculated at, but the true nature of Saya's "friends" was interesting to behold (particularly with Tokizane, where I have to applaud Blood-C for making many viewers think he sincerely cared about Saya even if Saya was the star of something akin to the Truman Show).

However, the "star of the show" spent almost the entire episode in a borderline catatonic state. Indeed, I don't believe she uttered a lone word.

For Blood-C to be a true success, in my opinion, we need to see Saya shine, at least to some degree, in the final episode. It's possible that she's the only true protagonist now.

How that comes about, exactly, I don't know. Tokizane and the twins clearly don't care much about Saya. Kanako seems to care about Saya to some extent, and is probably the closest thing that Saya has to a real ally here. But after that, who knows?

Saya's world has completely come crashing down, and she may be entirely friendless, as well as with no real family members accessible to her. What does she hold on to in such a situation? Who does she trust? Who does she turn to? What motivates her to move onward? In some ways, it's not hard to see why she's borderline catatonic in Episode 11. It's a very sad situation that she's now in, and how she handles it will be telling.
Old 2011-09-22, 20:47   Link #1097
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

If by the end of this show and still no one utters the word vampire I'm going to be a sad panda.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:23   Link #1098
Megacrash Gr
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Send a message via AIM to Megacrash Gr
That was intense can't wait for the final episode.
Old 2011-09-22, 21:33   Link #1099
Forsaken_Infinity

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 21:35   Link #1100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Whom Then Are There Now

The tale has crumpled; the illusion's collapsed, and I feel in a very bad mood, as everything Saya experienced wasn't anything but a cutout, cardboard dream.

And, CLAMP should be entirely praised for devising and executing such a malevolent, heart-breaking twist.

Who would have known that adding ideas from the Truman Show, Total Recall, and adding a tiny spice of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni could actually yield such a mind-blowing twist?

The Truman Show because everything in town was staged without Saya's knowledge, or her not even raising suspicions about her surroundings; except that the townsfolk were extras that ended up as disposable fodder for the Furukimono, and if Furukimono are actually real beings in that universe or man-made.

Total Recall because the current Saya personality is a fake one, artificially implanted and overwritten by the project's leader at being led a lie about her "happy" existence until the time was right to awaken her.

"Tsusutori", whatever her name is, is CLAMP's reply to Ryukishi07's Higurashi Takano. Both are obsessed with myths and legends; both are obsessed to dig up those legends as true and bring proof of them into the outer world. I still don't know how a crazy-b****h is Tsusutori at full extent, but what I know is that I feel that she's not Saya's ally.

Spoiler:

This is off-topic, nevertheless, I'm posting. The film Total Recall is going to get a remake for next year.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.