3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-18, 05:44   Link #201
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well I ended up watching it...

...not sure if it was worth it through...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 08:59   Link #202
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ok even Ill admit going from an epic fight btwn Kirei and Emiya to Saber suddenly stabbing Lance, I was like...wait...did I miss something? But Kirei and Emiya's fight made up for it, animation was stunning.

I will say that Gil's "proposal" to Saber at the end made me laugh
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 09:44   Link #203
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well I ended up watching it...

...not sure if it was worth it through...
This is why I hold on rating it. I am not sure until I have seen the real deal. As it stand now, it is a 7/10 for me.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 12:38   Link #204
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

A bit confuzzled regarding Kirei's use of his command spells and how he's effortlessly blocking and dodging all of Kerry's bullets and Contender magic bullets?

What exactly did he command using his spells to do what he's doing? Is he using a combination of command spells and his own strength to do that 'mega ultimate punch' that sends Kerry flying?
Old 2012-06-18, 12:57   Link #205
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
What exactly did he command using his spells to do what he's doing?
According to the nico script he just uses them as a mana source for his own magicks. No "commands" required. The bullets should fuck all the mana of the target up but since Kirei isn't using his own mana but of the command seal instead it's not doing anything to him... (At least that's what I got from it.)

Last edited by Horse; 2012-06-18 at 16:15.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 16:26   Link #206
Touko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
A bit confuzzled regarding Kirei's use of his command spells and how he's effortlessly blocking and dodging all of Kerry's bullets and Contender magic bullets?

What exactly did he command using his spells to do what he's doing? Is he using a combination of command spells and his own strength to do that 'mega ultimate punch' that sends Kerry flying?
The Origin Round works by disrupting Magic Circuits. Basically, using spells against Kiritsugu is risky, since casting spells requires activating Circuits, and that makes you vulnerable to the Origin Rounds.

Kotomine is a relatively weak as a mage, so he used the extra Command Spells as a source of prana instead of his under-developed Circuits. The Command Spells themselves are condensed miracles, and are packed full of prana.

By tapping into the Command Spells, Kotomine was able to not only cast spells, but augment them to levels way beyond normal. In the novel, he actually reinforced his arms so strongly, they deflected bullets (instead of in the anime, the bullets actually pierced his arm).

The positive side effect of burning Command Spells for prana is that, being hit by the Origin Round only fries the Command Spell, instead of your own Circuits. This caught Kiritsugu completely off guard.

EDIT:

Also, I don't think they named it in the anime, but Kotomine is a master in Bajiquan, one of the most potent form of martial arts in Nasuverse.

Last edited by Touko; 2012-06-18 at 17:01.
Touko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 17:23   Link #207
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Anyone else not happy with Emiya?

This guy has to be one of the stupidest protagonists I have ever seen. He sees the world in black and white, and this episode further emphasizes that he is just a psycho.

And this anime has really been skimping on the fights. The fights are way to far apart from each other with huge amounts of dialogue in between. I wish they would have gone with the cliched anime approach: Talk while you fight.

Berserker is my favorite character. it is a shame that his first fight with saber was way better than his last one.

EDIT: Also, how many more episodes are left? Does this series have 25 or 26 episodes?
Old 2012-06-18, 17:32   Link #208
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Anyone else not happy with Emiya?

This guy has to be one of the stupidest protagonists I have ever seen. He sees the world in black and white, and this episode further emphasizes that he is just a psycho.

And this anime has really been skimping on the fights. The fights are way to far apart from each other with huge amounts of dialogue in between. I wish they would have gone with the cliched anime approach: Talk while you fight.

Berserker is my favorite character. it is a shame that his first fight with saber was way better than his last one.

EDIT: Also, how many more episodes are left? Does this series have 25 or 26 episodes?
....wait, what did Kiritsugu do in this episode that was psychotic?
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 17:38   Link #209
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Slaughtering 2 ships full of people? He is capable of escaping to the other ship.

Instead of killing the ship that took him captive, why not just fix the ship instead of taking their lives himself? He's already on the ship. Why not fix it and at least try to get to the next one in time.

Also the second time he blew up a ship, it was so close to the docks.

The reasoning that it saves the majority doesn't play out well. Even though the results WOULD be the same, leaving the minority out to dry to save the majority is completely different from killing the minority to save the majority.

EDIT: And I'm not saying that the shiop scenario really happened. Either way, it points to Emiya being a psycho. If it did happen, he massacred 300 people. If it did not happen, he would be willing to massacre 300 people.
Old 2012-06-18, 17:44   Link #210
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The anime didn't skimp on fights. This is how fights were in the novel. Fate/Zero is not about fights, the Grail War itself is secondary to the plot/characters.

I don't how you manage to watch this many eps and didn't get it.

Quote:
1, Ep1 was a double ep.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2012-06-18 at 18:36.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 17:48   Link #211
Kaiba

Quote:
Slaughtering 2 ships full of people? He is capable of escaping to the other ship.

Instead of killing the ship that took him captive, why not just fix the ship instead of taking their lives himself? He's already on the ship. Why not fix it and at least try to get to the next one in time.

Also the second time he blew up a ship, it was so close to the docks.

The reasoning that it saves the majority doesn't play out well. Even though the results WOULD be the same, leaving the minority out to dry to save the majority is completely different from killing the minority to save the majority.

EDIT: And I'm not saying that the shiop scenario really happened. Either way, it points to Emiya being a psycho. If it did happen, he massacred 300 people. If it did not happen, he would be willing to massacre 300 people.
.....huh?

First off, the situation is hypothetical, which means an answer like "I'll try to fix both ships" won't work.

And Kiritsugu's always been about the results. That's his belief, and frankly given the crap he's been through, there's no way I could tell him he's wrong. Is your moral integrity really worth the 100 extra lives that would be saved?
Old 2012-06-18, 18:00   Link #212
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I get that this series is not all about action. I could tell from the first episode that it would be a slow series. Doesn't change the fact that there aren't many action scenes though.

And like I've said, it doesn't matter whether the ship scenario happened or not. No normal person would be capable of such acts and actually carry it out. Only a psychopath would. His obsession with "saving the world" doesn't help his case either.

But I'm looking at this from a normal perspective. In anime world, maybe it could work. It's still a little suspect though.
Old 2012-06-18, 18:02   Link #213
Kaiba

Quote:
I get that this series is not all about action. I could tell from the first episode that it would be a slow series. Doesn't change the fact that there aren't many action scenes though.

And like I've said, it doesn't matter whether the ship scenario happened or not. No normal person would be capable of such acts and actually carry it out. Only a psychopath would. His obsession with "saving the world" doesn't help his case either.

But I'm looking at this from a normal perspective. In anime world, maybe it could work. It's still a little suspect though.
Except I don't really get what you mean by "psychotic." Most people couldn't kill their own wife and daughter. He did. Is he psychotic for doing so? Most couldn't kill their adopted mother. He did, to prevent a zombie apocalypse. Is he psychotic for doing so?

Maybe it's just for me, but judging him for that may not be psychotic, but it's certainly sanctimonious.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:50   Link #214
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:

Then let's speak hypotetically(assuming you're not here just to troll but to discuss). Assume you're on a ship filled with 800 strangers drifted in the middle of a sea full of hungry sharks. Due to malfunction, the ship malfunction and it can't hold more than 401 persons without sinking(and effectively killed all 801 people) in 5 minutes, which means no time to wait for help. Now, you hold a switch that will throw 400 people off the boat and effectively saves the other 400(401 including yourself, or even better, assume the last 1 person is another stranger and you're holding the switch from outside the situation). Now, what will you do? Do you :

A. Push the switch and saves 401 people?
B. Run away from the responsibility by shoving the switch to someone else?
C. Throw the switch away and let all 801 people dead?

There's no wrong answer in this dilemma actually, and kiritsugu choose A every time. Now, which one do you choose? And assume you choose A, which one will you choose if 3 hours later you face the same dillema and the boat can only hold 201 people? And which one will you choose if the dillema continue until there's only 3 person left(and the help only come by then).
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 20:56   Link #215
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Does Kerry really need 2 command seals for Saber to destroy the grail? He could save one for emergency

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2012-06-19 at 14:10.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 21:00   Link #216
GDB

She was resisting, so yes. If not, she could've resisted long enough for Gilgamesh to interfere, or long enough for the grail to act up/for one of the Servants to try and use it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 21:01   Link #217
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If Saber won't do it with one, than yes.

(Saber's not going to be happy about this)
Old 2012-06-18, 21:03   Link #218
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Servant saber got a naturally high magic resistance. Add that with arturia's natural high magic resistance, she got enough magic resistance to ressist one command spell that she's unwilling to do(happenin fate stay night too)
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 22:02   Link #219
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
For me, there's also the fact that there's other scenes that while more important than loli-Rin, I think could have been cut out in favor of the Saber-Berserker battle. Kariya getting that worm shoved in him and Waver's scene with his grandpa are the first two I think of. They're good scenes, but I'd rather give that battle more time.
The only way of fixing this is more time. You cannot cut anything out. Taking Waver's scene with his "grandpa" out would have been horrible. It attributed to his character. Same with Kariya.

There are times where things, like fillers, could be left out but this is not one of them.
Old 2012-06-18, 22:19   Link #220
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Does Kerry really need 2 command seals for Saber to destroy the grail? He could save one for inmergency
What emergency? When Saber destroys the grail, war's over, and she vanishes. So he wouldn't have a chance to use it. Besides, if she did stick around, he wouldn't really be able to use it anyways, because she would be pissed at him beyond all measure, and so he would need to keep the Seal to protect himself, meaning he couldn't use it for some emergency.