AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 12:40   Link #461
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Kind of glad they finished this in an episode, thought they was going to overdo the looping into another episode.
Or eight of them.
Old 2012-08-12, 13:13   Link #462
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This was probably my favorite episode so far. Weird and hard to put in order -- although I guess the fairies can shift people into different spacetimes, and either clone adults in no time or simply populate new spacetimes with illusions. In any case, I loved the feeling. I'm still unsatisfied with the minuscule amount of actual human emotion, but the rest is enjoyable. And Watashi's gentle confusion was good. Maybe I'm finally "getting" this show.

I made that characters/seiyuus page from the characters page on the official site, but this time we had one more fairy voice: Arai Satomi (Kuroko in Index and Railgun). The doctor from HQ was played by Kuwatani Natsuko (Alistia in Last Exile, Suiseiseki in Rozen Maiden, Alph in Nanoha, Asakura in Haruhi, Sae in Yurumates).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
You forgot Joshu-kun...
Lol. I had a pic all set to go -- and then discovered he had no seiyuu....
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:16   Link #463
SQA

Fairies easily have the best lawyers in Anime. "No Clones" still ended up being 40+ copies of Watashi making them sweets.

Oh, and they're also the Devil.

This series is so awesome.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:18   Link #464
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Got one word for this episode: boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
Better than the last two episode, was kinda fun to guess what was causing the loop/clone effect.
I thought it was pretty obvious that the fairies were up to no good as soon as she took a byte of the first banana.

Quote:
Kind of glad they finished this in an episode, thought they was going to overdo the looping into another episode.
I think anyone who's suffered through every episode of the Endless Eight has had quite enough of the constant repetitive syndrome. I started skipping forward as soon as the second iteration of her "clone" appeared.

I just didn't find this episode fun, amusing, or interesting. Must be the after affects of the Endless Eight.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 14:59   Link #465
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I think anyone who's suffered through every episode of the Endless Eight has had quite enough of the constant repetitive syndrome. I started skipping forward as soon as the second iteration of her "clone" appeared.

I just didn't find this episode fun, amusing, or interesting. Must be the after affects of the Endless Eight.
Likewise, I think that Endless Eight has forever negatively impacted my take on time-loop stories. The moment Loop 3 began, I started having E8 flashbacks.

That being said, I felt Episode 7 was Ok. It's a good origin story for Assistant-kun, and I liked how it shows just how mischievous and generally untrustworthy the fairies are.

Fairy 1: No Clones? Ok, we'll just enact our 'Happy Place' plan where you keep tripping on banana peels over and over again, enabling us to steal your DNA while you sleep!

Fairy 2: Then we'll use your DNA to clone you over and over again!

Fairy 3: We'll then use your clones as slave labor to make candies for us!

Fairy 1: Ha ha ha ha!

Fairy 2: Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

All Fairies: Mwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!
Old 2012-08-12, 15:07   Link #466
Shadow5YA

A time banana slip?

Ha... I see what they did there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 15:25   Link #467
00Coyote

We have entered a endless recursion of spaghetti code.

Who needs time loops, when you can have time overlaps, and have an
army of Watashi's happily making sweets? I agree with the faeries, it is a happy place.

Or alternately,

If Watashi falls in the forest, and only Watashi is there to hear it, does she bake sweets?

Last edited by 00Coyote; 2012-08-12 at 15:32. Reason: Quantum banana peels
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 15:56   Link #468
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
This was probably my favorite episode so far. Weird and hard to put in order -- although I guess the fairies can shift people into different spacetimes, and either clone adults in no time or simply populate new spacetimes with illusions. In any case, I loved the feeling. I'm still unsatisfied with the minuscule amount of actual human emotion, but the rest is enjoyable. And Watashi's gentle confusion was good. Maybe I'm finally "getting" this show.
Indeed, the best episode yet... the fairy world is as surreal as I wished it to be, and the director made a magnificent job in separating the two without cheap tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Likewise, I think that Endless Eight has forever negatively impacted my take on time-loop stories. The moment Loop 3 began, I started having E8 flashbacks.
But unlike E8, there was a theme behind the "cloning" (and not exaclty time travel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That being said, I felt Episode 7 was Ok. It's a good origin story for Assistant-kun, and I liked how it shows just how mischievous and generally untrustworthy the fairies are.
But makind's only ally in the struggle for survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
A time banana slip?

Ha... I see what they did there.
Another S;G fan
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 16:25   Link #469
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post

Another S;G fan
While that reference is also true, I was thinking more along the lines of the pun. There's a "time slip", and there's the classic slipping on a banana peel slapstick.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 16:58   Link #470
00Coyote

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-08-12, 17:36   Link #471
hilly
hilly

It is hard to understand with reading the light novel,but watching the anime are helping me to make theories.
Spoiler for My theory:

I need to watch 3-4 times to understand and make theories XD

Please make comment and criticize what I might miss with this theory.
hilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:19   Link #472
Dop
Mmmm....

The fairies are definitely creepy.
Watashi said "No clones!" so they just fooled around with time loops until there were enough of her to make lots of sweets.

Then there was the whole thing with bananas, like the mk I banana having no taste, which does tie in nicely with the fairy food factory of episode 1, given this episode clearly happens earlier (before Watashi had met Assistant, and before she'd had her involuntary haircut.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 18:38   Link #473
eupseudes

Well, now we know why she slips on a banana in the ED :-)
eupseudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:08   Link #474
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Assistant tends to wander off? Well, I know he disappeared in the fairies' factory, but I thought they just got separated. Otherwise, it looks like he comes to be content enough to stick around his new employers.

I knew the fairies loved sweets, but I didn't realize they'd set up a Mars Needs Confectioners plot to turn Watashi into The Girl Who Slipped Through Time.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:21   Link #475
novalysis

This is Endless Eight: Jinrui edition. At least the adapters had the good sense not to force us to seat through 8 loops.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 20:44   Link #476
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm confused. Were all those Watashis gathered from alternate timelines?
Old 2012-08-12, 21:35   Link #477
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow, I knew this anime was weird but this episode just takes the cake. It felt like something outta of the Twilight Zone.

I don't like this at all with the Fairies obsessiveness with sweet as they seem to do anything possible to get some...evil time slip banana. I would understand if they used some poor bloke to use as a slave to make them sweets, but to make our heroine their temparary slave is concerning as she's probably the only human around that treats fairies well and give them candy.
Old 2012-08-12, 22:20   Link #478
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep7:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 22:29   Link #479
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm confused. Were all those Watashis gathered from alternate timelines?
It's a Watashi from a single timeline, but from different slices of time, all superimposed in one place. Or at least that's the hypothesis I'm working from. Alternately, think of it as the fairies creating a Watashi feedback loop.

Another take would be think of it like a film strip. Each frame shows her progress in going to get Assistant. The fairies borrow a Watashi from each frame, so that they can get lots and lots of sweets baked in the Faerie woods. So you have early time Watashis who haven't met Assistant, other Watashis who have made it further into the story, late time Watashis who have lost the sundial wristwatch, those who have met Assistant, and so on. In the woods, there is a disconnect that keeps them from recognizing that they are all the same person. In the outside world, when two different Watashis meet, they fuse, leaving a fuzzy, mixed memory, and one slightly confused MC.

Spoiler for Order of events:
Old 2012-08-13, 00:20   Link #480
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I suppose there's a reason, other than artistic license, why we seem to be going backwards in time as the season progresses?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen