AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 19:29   Link #4201
Crontica

Ok, apart from Zeref zapping God slayer back to heaven who else's jaw dropped when Wendy went *poof*?
Old 2012-02-11, 20:01   Link #4202
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

The good thing about this anime. Is that it makes you really hyped up about what they would do when the say "we'll attack together one chance" (They phrased it out something like that). Then you would see some awesome combos that they do. Even though the don't defeat the opponent it still gives you a thrill.
Laxus is back to get revenge. Hope there is another combination between the FT guild against Grimore Heart's Leader =D. Can't wait!
Old 2012-02-11, 22:14   Link #4203
Miraluka
Banned

No gifs for this episode, guys?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 22:21   Link #4204
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I don't recall there being gifs for the other episodes as of late. What makes this one so special?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 23:56   Link #4205
Pascha
Sacred Dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
I don't recall there being gifs for the other episodes as of late. What makes this one so special?
Considering it's arguably the best episode of the arc imo. Even better than erza's fight against asuma. My jaw just dropped when I saw the epic group work they delivered against hades. The music just makes it even better.

Oh and Laxus is back and is going to blow **** up.
Old 2012-02-12, 00:30   Link #4206
godlystriker

Good entrance for Laxus. And the combination was good as well - shows what a team they are.

(When I was watching I was thinking how he should be ashamed of himself to be boasting how he's so much better than a bunch of teenagers, lol... when he's got so many folds of years to improve his magic than they do)
godlystriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 01:14   Link #4207
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Why do I get the feeling you pity people who watch the dub? It's almost as if you said that you refuse to watch the dub simply because other people watch it.
nope thats not why.
its beacuse voices dont fit, and the people doing the voices sound as if they arent getting payed enough and lack motivation. :/
they also change some of what they say in the dubs, like in tue original there may be little cussing(example) and in dub they cuss up a storm. thats kinda why i like this subed.
i tried the dub of this, they voices dont work with my brain 
i hope this series goes to at least 200+ episodes
Old 2012-02-12, 03:00   Link #4208
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Ok, apart from Zeref zapping God slayer back to heaven who else's jaw dropped when Wendy went *poof*?
Can't deny that. Pretty sure I just blinked there with my jaw slightly dropped. You know mentally Wendy can't die here, but it's still a case of "wha...."
Old 2012-02-12, 05:19   Link #4209
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequentGamer View Post
nope thats not why.
its beacuse voices dont fit, and the people doing the voices sound as if they arent getting payed enough and lack motivation. :/
they also change some of what they say in the dubs, like in tue original there may be little cussing(example) and in dub they cuss up a storm. thats kinda why i like this subed.
i tried the dub of this, they voices dont work with my brain 
i hope this series goes to at least 200+ episodes
Huh. You clearly didn't watch enough of the dub. Unless, of course, you saw the Animax dub and somehow mistook it for the Funimation dub. Because I can clearly see where you're coming from if that's the case; the Animax dub was, without a doubt, truly every bit as awful as you say it is, so your complaints would make perfect sense in regards to a dub such as that. However, the same simply cannot be said for the Funimation dub in the slightest.

First, never before have I heard a dub with such solid, enthusiastic performances, especially before the Funi dub of Fairy Tail. In fact, it enhances the scenes, if anything. If scenes are funny, they end up funnier. If scenes are sad, they still bring a tear to my eye. None of that would come across from an unmotivated dub like Animax gave. In fact, the only motivation Animax put into it is giving random characters random European accents, each and every one of which sounds as fake as anyone can make it.

Second, you say dubs cuss up a storm? Not in the Funi dub, they don't. Seriously, I could barely even count five times they cussed in the first four episodes total. In fact, they barely even curse once every five episodes; that's how often they swear. The dubbers at Funimation even specifically stated that they're refraining from "cussing up a storm" for this series. They feel that if they only curse during serious, intense moments, it will make those scenes sound more powerful, because that's the kind of series they think Fairy Tail is; it gives them the kind of impact that doesn't get across when they overuse cursing.

Lastly, the Funimation dub is not only a bit more colorful than any subtitles I've read for Fairy Tail, but it makes the whole experience seem fresh. I don't know how long that freshness is gonna last, but it's certainly lasted 36 episodes, and I'm more than eager to see how the rest of it goes. And I'm hoping Funimation will dub those 200+ episodes you're hoping for.

I'd talk more, but we should take it to the "dub discussion" forum. There I've even posted a few videos with dub audio from later episodes of the Funimation dub, as well as audio from the Animax dub which, as I've said, is as every bit as awful as you claim it to be. Just watch those videos on that forum and say which one sounds familiar. Trust me, it'll be worth your time.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-02-12 at 06:02.
Old 2012-02-12, 06:05   Link #4210
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
It's pointless to discuss about dubs and prove each other wrong, especially about if the voices fit or not, as that is a personal thing for every one of us. You know what they say, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While Funimation dub is indeed good, some people out there, like myself always prefer the original in their animes.
Old 2012-02-12, 06:36   Link #4211
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
It's pointless to discuss about dubs and prove each other wrong, especially about if the voices fit or not, as that is a personal thing for every one of us. You know what they say, the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. While Funimation dub is indeed good, some people out there, like myself always prefer the original in their animes.
Well, I prefer the sub of this series too. But I'm not aiming to see that the other person is wrong. Still, I'm guessing what I am aiming for, if it's clear to the others, is also a pointless discussion...

Old 2012-02-12, 08:13   Link #4212
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I for one suck at making GIF's if no request is made ; If you want a gif, request it in it's appropriate thread.

The comboing part was pretty thrilling indeed.. But what I really miss is Natsu using his real powers.. I mean, he is the '' son '' of a dragon. There has been past episodes where he was much stronger than this, where even his skin changed to scale-ish .. If only he would utilize that power dwelling inside him ..
Old 2012-02-12, 09:20   Link #4213
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Imagine how much worse it must have been for the Japanese viewers who had an entire commercial break to wait through after Wendy went "poof".
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 14:12   Link #4214
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal

i said used that as an example -.- i didnt say all dubs cuss up a storm. zzz. and im starting to understand some japanese from watchung enoughsubs so i dont need to read that much.
and its my preference. so dont go assuming i pity ppl or just hate dubs beacuse ppl watch em, and i watched both, english voices just dont fit anime to me. just my preference, i just hate when ppl complain about watching it and still watch it and complain more, like that person that sayd he could hear muffling.

finally made it to episode 50 just to have to rewatch it because my brother wanted to watch it now, he originaly thought it was a "gay" series. ._.

Last edited by FrequentGamer; 2012-02-12 at 14:19. Reason: felt like it :3!
FrequentGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 19:20   Link #4215
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrequentGamer View Post
i just hate when ppl complain about watching it and still watch it and complain more, like that person that sayd he could hear muffling.
You're talking about me. Although you made a mistake, I wasn't bitching about the dubs as if I'm watching it because I'm not. I was checking the English dub one-time only to get a grasp in how the quality is and what voice actors are doing my favorite characters. The NO muffling sound was concerning Mystogan's talk and it was just a thingy I wanted to mention, no big deal at all. immblueversion stated already, I must have watched the Animax dub and not the Funimation one who is, in my own opinion, pretty good but I still stick to Japanese.
Old 2012-02-12, 22:42   Link #4216
FrequentGamer
Nocturnal

aaggggg im getting annoyed, its taking to long to get ep 117, but i dont wana skip -.-
wendy is now one of my favorites now tho. time to procrastinate on my school work some more i guess.
Old 2012-02-13, 10:35   Link #4217
Ray
Garnet

For reasons unknown to me, I end up loving almost every single episode of this anime. I don't know if it's the fights, the camaraderie, the emotional moments, or all of the above; I just know that I absolutely adore the show.

Natsu and co.'s teamwork against Hades in this episode was pretty amazing. I have to admit; I was just waiting for Laxus to makes his epic entrance, which he did, after seeing all the lightning in the previous episode. Laxus' duel with Hades in 118 will be awesome.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-13, 12:52   Link #4218
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Pretty nice episode this week, no matter what happens, you know that Fairy Tail's trying their best...and after eating the power of FT, Luxus arrives to serve Hades the main dish. Gotta love it
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 04:29   Link #4219
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Not sure why everyone is so impressed with their combo, it's not like it did any damage at all. The group faced against Hades and he annihilated them all. Hades going pewpew made me laugh so hard. Also while Laxus' entry was indeed entertaining judging by power levels it won't make that much of a difference.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 05:37   Link #4220
Crimrui
Hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Not sure why everyone is so impressed with their combo, it's not like it did any damage at all.
Because sometimes people value other stuff except the result? It's not about if they did damage or not, it's about how hard they tried. They practically went all out on him with cool combo attacks and they were really in a sync as a team.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen