AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-10-07, 09:47   Link #21561
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Kallen is a great asset to the black knights. It is strange, that Ohgi use to be the leader back in the day.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 09:55   Link #21562
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Her knightmare power made her part too.

About to know who's the best pilot, the only way is a fight using the SAME robot.
at which point the one with more experiance has an edge
its NEVER a fair fight no matter what
at the end of the day, its just who's better during that praticular point in time

@ HollowScar
would you have expected kallen to be the leader ?
Old 2009-10-07, 10:51   Link #21563
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
Kallen is a great asset to the black knights. It is strange, that Ohgi use to be the leader back in the day.
She is the ace of Black Knights, and got way more brains than this douche Ougi. So yes, for once I agree with you, after Zero, Kallen should have the fabulous-command poses. Her, or Toudouh, ok, I should not be that biased.

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-10-07 at 11:45.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 11:14   Link #21564
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
She is the ace of Black Knights, and got way more brains than this douche Ougi. So yes, for once i agree with you, after Zero, Kallen should have the fabulous-command poses. /her, or Toudouh, ok, i should not be that biased, haha.
Well, I don't think that Kallen would be very good for a command position. She's booksmart and has good battle instincts, but she would be way to emotional to command a bunch of people. Granted, she may be more competent than Ougi; granted, Ougi always struck me as a competent 'nuts and bolts' leader (finances, requisition and the like). He just sucked at tactics and threat assessment.
Old 2009-10-07, 11:17   Link #21565
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, I don't think that Kallen would be very good for a command position. She's booksmart and has good battle instincts, but she would be way to emotional to command a bunch of people. Granted, she may be more competent than Ougi; granted, Ougi always struck me as a competent 'nuts and bolts' leader (finances, requisition and the like). He just sucked at tactics and threat assessment.
I was mostly joking, but everyone is "why so serious" lately, lol.

Anyway, you ask me, no one form Black Knights could lead them to a successful rebellion, partly because they all lacked one thing and another. That is why they were noobs, until Zero/Lelouch came along. No accident, he was the one to de-sink them from the bottom of noobness.

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2009-10-07 at 11:45.
Old 2009-10-07, 13:00   Link #21566
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

None of the Black Knights, with the possible exception of Xingke, comes close to having the complete package required of a leader that Lelouch has.

Heck, the only thing Lelouch lacked was physical/combat prowess. Though he was able to compensate enough with Gawain/Shinkiro to deal with almost everyone else in a battle.

Kallen's just way too emotional at the current time. It would've also weakened her combat ability too much if she had to worry about the entire army in a battle. She does her best work when she has a single focus in mind, in my opinion.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 13:03   Link #21567
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

i agree
kallen's best at what she does
lelouch was best at what HE did
no one has everything (xing-he comes close) and thats what makes a good team
team-work

but i disagree about lelouch being able to "handle" anyone in battle
pit him against anyone with a name, and he's in over his head, even with his custom mecah
Old 2009-10-07, 13:14   Link #21568
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Well I'm going by the assumption that the majority of the named pilots are obviously better combat pilots than him which is why I said "almost everyone else".

Named pilots are a minority in battles after all, even if they have the most impact. Honestly, everyone except Tamaki would probably beat him in an equal fight with the same KF unit.
Old 2009-10-07, 19:30   Link #21569
Knightrunner

I think Toudou, Xingke, and Kallen would make great leaders for the black knights. Xingke can create plans for the initial formations then lead. Once Xingke coughs blood he can pull out and give the black knights orders on how to attack. Toudou can lead the group invasion plans when invading enemhy territory. Kallen can tear apart any enemy lines and destroy formation. If ever Toudou or Xingke cannot issue any attack orders the black knights just needs to assist Kallen then everything is a win.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:59   Link #21570
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I think Toudou, Xingke, and Kallen would make great leaders for the black knights. Xingke can create plans for the initial formations then lead. Once Xingke coughs blood he can pull out and give the black knights orders on how to attack. Toudou can lead the group invasion plans when invading enemhy territory. Kallen can tear apart any enemy lines and destroy formation. If ever Toudou or Xingke cannot issue any attack orders the black knights just needs to assist Kallen then everything is a win.
That's not really Kallen leading though. That's what Kallen does now so it'd be business as usual for her.
Old 2009-10-08, 05:15   Link #21571
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
i agree
kallen's best at what she does
lelouch was best at what HE did
no one has everything (xing-he comes close) and thats what makes a good team
team-work

but i disagree about lelouch being able to "handle" anyone in battle
pit him against anyone with a name, and he's in over his head, even with his custom mecah
Not really. Xing-ke is way overrated. He was great in a few things, but not even super at a specific field, like Kallen, Suzaku and Lelouch were. Not to mention, you put a Tianzi in front of him, and starts to losing it and falls in mistakes. So yeah, I would have preferred Tamaki to be honest, compared to him.

Old 2009-10-08, 05:22   Link #21572
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

what i ment by come close is that he has both brains and strength
he is both an excellent fighter (2nd tier)
and a great commander and strategist (a step below lelouch and shnizel though)

no character has both these traits other then him
which is why i said he comes close
Old 2009-10-08, 05:49   Link #21573
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
what i ment by come close is that he has both brains and strength
he is both an excellent fighter (2nd tier)
and a great commander and strategist (a step below lelouch and shnizel though)

no character has both these traits other then him
which is why i said he comes close
Ah ok, other pilots, do not have brains. Xing-ke is like Toudouh, pretty much. Um, lol " a step below" Lelouch and Shneizel? More like, one hundred steps before Scheizel, and two hundred before Lelouch. (cause Lelouch is the best, history proves that anyway)
The point is, Xing-ke is way emotional and you cannot really trust him. Lelouch is emotional too, but he manages to keep his cool pretty much always. Same with Schenizel, except that Schneizel is emotional as rock, so that give him an +1.
So yes, XingKe < Kallen piloting for example.
And XingKe < Lelouch + Schenizel
So, you saying, that he comes close, is wrong. /pwned, lol

Old 2009-10-08, 05:53   Link #21574
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

you exaggerate what i said
xing-ke has both piloting skills and leadership skills
he's not the best in either field, but he is on the second tiers on both fields
which makes him the closest to having the full set

besides, its not like xing-ke is the only one who jumps at the gun the second his mortality pet is threatened
Old 2009-10-08, 05:56   Link #21575
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
you exaggerate what i said
xing-ke has both piloting skills and leadership skills
he's not the best in either field, but he is on the second tiers on both fields
which makes him the closest to having the full set

besides, its not like xing-ke is the only one who jumps at the gun the second his mortality pet is threatened
Yeah, my point. He is just like a few of the other BK. More like Toudouh, i would say. Suzaku in an overall standpoint, is even better than him.
Maybe you are over-exaggerating Xingkeeee's abilities. Not my issue.

Old 2009-10-08, 06:01   Link #21576
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

suzaku is better then him in what ?
piloting skills is a given, but command skills ?
come on...

and lelouch himself was shown to be beyond emotionally willing to jump the gun when people he cares about are in danger
see his actions when nunnaly or kallen are in danger in mid battle
Old 2009-10-08, 06:04   Link #21577
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
suzaku is better then him in what ?
piloting skills is a given, but command skills ?

and lelouch himself was shown to be beyond emotionally willing to jump the gun when people he cares about are in danger
see his actions when nunnaly or kallen are in danger in mid battle
Ah Jesus, why do you try to win a lost battle? Choose your battles wisely balde. So you saying that XingKe > Kallen or Suzaku, yeah sure. The overall thesis is what counts./ And most wise leaders, would have preferred Suzu/Kallen in their teams, rather than Xing-Ke.

POINT IS, no, XingKe is pretty much like Cornelia, Toudouh and so on. He is on the same salad as them.
Kallen (and Suzaku ok) = best pilots.
Lelouch = best frontman
Xingke as you claimed being a step below the above persons is like, NO WAY. He is way in the back, like Cornelia and all the same "good-average pilot and strategist, but that's it."

Get it now?

p.s i know very well that Lelouch was jizzing in his pants while Kallen was being epic, and then wet his pants when she got captured, thank you. That was not my point though.

Old 2009-10-08, 06:12   Link #21578
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Ah Jesus, why do you try to win a lost battle? Choose your battles wisely balde. So you saying that XingKe > Kallen or Suzaku, yeah sure. The overall thesis is what counts./ And most wise leaders, would have preferred Suzu/Kallen in their teams, rather than Xing-Ke.
thats not what i said at all
i said that no one is perfect in that no one has every skill
kallen is a great pilot
lelouch is a great commander
both lack the skills in the other field
xing-ke comes close to being a complete package, but only CLOSE because he is second tier on both fronts

Quote:
POINT IS, no, XingKe is pretty much like Cornelia, Toudouh and so on. He is on the same salad as them.
Kallen (and Suzaku ok) = best pilots.
Lelouch = best frontman
Xingke as you claimed being a step below the above persons is like, NO WAY. He is way in the back, like Cornelia and all the same "good-average pilot and strategist, but that's it."
he is a step above cornellia and toudo at least
able to out strategize lelouch at one point and fight on par with kallen for a few minutes before getting into a deathtrap
cornellia and toudo are both pretty good pilots and strategists, but he's a step above either of them
Old 2009-10-08, 06:16   Link #21579
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
thats not what i said at all
i said that no one is perfect in that no one has every skill
kallen is a great pilot
lelouch is a great commander
both lack the skills in the other field
xing-ke comes close to being a complete package, but only CLOSE because he is second tier on both fronts

he is a step above cornellia and toudo at least
able to out strategize lelouch at one point and fight on par with kallen for a few minutes before getting into a deathtrap
cornellia and toudo are both pretty good pilots and strategists, but he's a step above either of them
Alright, well, it seems we're getting into circles, and i only feel like singing Gaga's song "eh eh, there's nothing else i can say", because srly, there is nothing else i can say. You want to believe that Xingke is like the best thing next to Superman, be my guest. /at least, Kallen is better than Superwoman btw, just to be on topic

I was wise to stay away some time from asuki, no headaches landed on my head, but now that is back. My spaghetti is waiting for me, feel free to worship Xingke moar in Kallen's thread. Loli has left the building.

Old 2009-10-08, 06:25   Link #21580
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Alright, well, it seems we're getting into circles, and i only feel like singing Gaga's song "eh eh, there's nothing else i can say", because srly, there is nothing else i can say. You want to believe that Xingke is like the best thing next to Superman, be my guest. /at least, Kallen is better than Superwoman btw, just to be on topic.
when did i say that