AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-11-14, 14:52   Link #1
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

How have you changed?

I'm curious how everyone has changed since they were kids. Both in there own perspectives and what others have said about them. When I mean kids, its as far back as you can remember. I realize the age range is large in this forum so we might get interesting stories.

I'll go first.

When I was younger I was very pensive and quiet in group (at least while supervised.) Alas, when no one was looking I was a terror. I remember climbing under pews at church during mass and having various family members trying to chase after me. Stealing things at stores, and at home. I also had a very quick temper when it involved family members. Usually the smallest insignificant thing would send me in a tizzy. As I got older though I gained control of my temper and stopped acting out.

So in those ways I might have changed, but I'm still very pensive and quiet. When I was younger I often gave people the 'million pound stare.' Its not that I was mad at them.. its just how my face looks in repose. Now I try to be mindful of my stare and avoid it in order to not disturb people.

So, how have you changed? Could be physically, mentally, emotionally, what eva.
Walkingcatastrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:19   Link #2
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to xYuki
i got lots of changes on my self

when i was a kid i only wacth tv... all day.. and eat some food from the house(but im not fat)lol
when i was a kid i always want to be in my mother's side.. even i was sleeping..
when i was a kid .. im really scared on my room by myself and.. i always want that the lights are on

now.... i cnt. stand watching tv all day... i always want to go outside on our house.. and jammin with my frends
now.. i always want to eat.. but not that much.. like when i was a kid.. (thats why i got skinny) LOL
now i can't sleep if the lights on... and i dont sleep on formal time
xYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:26   Link #3
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

interesting polar opposites with you Yuki. The whole lights thing when going to bed was odd for me though, I grew up in an urban area so you really always had some sorta lights coming in the windows, now I live in a more rural area and there is no light. Its kinda honestly throwing me off a bit, but I can say I like not having constant light.
Old 2009-11-14, 15:29   Link #4
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Let's see...

When I was a kid, I was really shy, really quiet and withdrawn... didn't have many friends to speak of. Got bullied a lot, and my self-esteem was always down in the gutter. I was a little chubby too, which really didn't help matters.

Nowadays I'm still kind of quiet, but I have close personal friends and I'm not as withdrawn as I used to be. My self-esteem still falters from time to time, but it's gotten much better from when I was a kid. I also have a rather nice figure now.
Old 2009-11-14, 15:33   Link #5
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Aw see we were both quiet Radiant! Look how much we have in common hehe. Well cept' that I'm not as happy with my figure right now. Darn bar's darn being social! I'm going to become a forum junkie again so I can get my dancers body back haha.

But seriously, self esteem is a hard thing to handle. I remember when I was a kid and little chunky how much it stunted my self esteem. Then when I lost it all and became I guess... attractive? I kinda laughed at people and put myself down because I didn't believe it.
Old 2009-11-14, 15:44   Link #6
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingcatastrophy View Post
interesting polar opposites with you Yuki. The whole lights thing when going to bed was odd for me though, I grew up in an urban area so you really always had some sorta lights coming in the windows, now I live in a more rural area and there is no light. Its kinda honestly throwing me off a bit, but I can say I like not having constant light.
yeah that light when going to bed.. is really though.. haha...
Old 2009-11-14, 15:45   Link #7
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Aw see we were both quiet Radiant! Look how much we have in common hehe. Well cept' that I'm not as happy with my figure right now. Darn bar's darn being social! I'm going to become a forum junkie again so I can get my dancers body back haha.

But seriously, self esteem is a hard thing to handle. I remember when I was a kid and little chunky how much it stunted my self esteem. Then when I lost it all and became I guess... attractive? I kinda laughed at people and put myself down because I didn't believe it.
Haha, have you ever considered doing a sport? That's how I got my figure back in high school, I went out for winter track during my sophmore year and lost so much weight. Now I've reached a point where what I'm doing isn't enough to make me gain or lose weight either way.

I willingly admit that even now my self-esteem is shaky, but at least it's much better than it was from my childhood days. My self-esteem during my childhood was awful when compared to how it is now.
Old 2009-11-14, 15:48   Link #8
lilliannarayne
SuperPsychoIsaneChica!!!!

I'm not so sure I am allowed to post... I'm only 15.... Does that count? I drive, have a job, and take college courses.....
lilliannarayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 15:48   Link #9
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

I got a funny story related to my light problem. One night the neighbors were doing some work outside on there car real late and I fell asleep thinking nothing of it... so about 2 hours later I wake up with blinding light coming in my window, naturally i freak out and get to my feet thinking I'm about to be abducted. Turns out he was just testing out his highbeams and happened to be facing my window -_-

Radiant - believe me I do do sports, just no where near as much as I used to. Kinda been bumming me out lately. I think what it comes down to is that I just have a really high judgment of myself. That and I think I mistakenly bought circus mirrors! Doh.

Bring da powa Lillianna, you are def old enough. Any change is what I'm looking for, even over a 4 year span is fine.
Old 2009-11-14, 15:56   Link #10
lilliannarayne

When I was little, I was really quiet, and didn't have any actual responsibility, but now i have lots... Job, bills, car, school.... Things change in life really quickly. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse...
Old 2009-11-14, 15:58   Link #11
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

But don't you feel so much better having some responsibilities? maybe its a personal thing but I truly enjoy knowing I'm the ruler of my own destiny.
Old 2009-11-14, 16:04   Link #12
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
What are you, the deep anime dude? You're forcing me to think!

Hm. I think I got worse as a human being actually. In some regards. I don't like insulting myself but I think I was vain when I was young now I'm not, kind of self-hating now so that's no good. I'm more concerned with world issues, call it growing up. I used to be confident and could easily resolve problems with people now I can't. I'm nervous. I never watched anime when I was younger, now I do! I'm very supportive of my friends now whereas I just used to be jealous. I try to "walk in other people's shoes" now which has helped a lot in understanding people's actions.

I think the only things that remained the same about me all my life is my quietness, which I love, my outspokenness (don't even ask how I can be quiet and outspoken, I can be) and my attraction to seemingly evil characters.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 16:07   Link #13
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
maybe its a personal thing but I truly enjoy knowing I'm the ruler of my own destiny.

Enjoy knowing? Or enjoy imagining?
Old 2009-11-14, 16:09   Link #14
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

when i was a little.. im really quiet..
now.. im really talkative..
when i was a little i'm not a kinda perv

now
Spoiler for ..:
Old 2009-11-14, 16:11   Link #15
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
I think all of us are pervs or ex-pervs. Maybe? No, just me?
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 16:12   Link #16
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

"the deep anime dude" I LIKE IT!

Honestly though I feel I only grow as an individual through self exploration. Part of that involves me invoking others to do the same. You see the more others share with me, the more I feel I can get a grasp on different views. Sure I could read books, but books aren't living, they aren't constantly changing and evolving. This... this I truly love.

Oh, and back to reality, I'm seeing a common thread with quietness. I wonder if that has something to do with the attraction to the fantastic, and anime. Hmm.

Moving on, I feel problem resolution is challenging and fun! With yourself or involving others, sometimes I wish more people would lead a mind to resolution.

Quote: Enjoy knowing? Or enjoy imagining?

Definitely knowing. Again, that is just my perception. Others will vary I'm sure.

Nos, Perv's are unique and so are we!
Old 2009-11-14, 16:18   Link #17
lilliannarayne

Yes, I do feel better having responsibilities, but they some times get a little overwhelming...

Am I the youngest one on this thread right now?
Old 2009-11-14, 16:19   Link #18
xYuki
P.A.N.D.O.R.A
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
I think all of us are pervs or ex-pervs. Maybe? No, just me?
all of us
Old 2009-11-14, 16:20   Link #19
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Hard to reply, because when you're a kid, like 6yo, you don't always realize how life can be complicated (for a lot of people at that age [sadly, not all] Life seems all pink and perfect), nor that you are always aware of your own responsibilities. Once you realize that, some things obviously change, whether you accept or reject that fact.

When I was a kid, I was very fond of my parents (I know what you think, "she will write another wall of text about her parents", yeah you're right!). as far as I remember I was always fond of my mom. I was so small, but I was trying to do the same things she did. To let my hair grow ubber long (that's still the case. Long hair ftw), to want to wear the same hat she did wear during the summer, to want to learn to cook like her, etc. I did enjoy things for kids a lot too. Playing with plushies, kid games etc. Actually, I still enjoy kiddy things a lot even now. I still buy plushies, i enjoy playing to monopoly, etc.

Now I have grown up a lot, but I am still fond of my parents, and still see them as an example. I learned how to cook, to sew, etc. and I still try hard to catch up with my mom in those skills and other skills in which she's good to. My growing liking to "clothing" is also somewhat related to my mother, since she was and is always good in her choices of clothes, I got interested in it, and as I grew up, it started to become a passion. They are also the ones I go to talk to when I have questions. That didn't change.

I was not a terror, but rather well-disciplined , maybe because while I had loving parents, they were kind of strict and down to earth too about some things Though I always felt the desire to show respect to them and a feeling of trust, so I didn't force myself. So no big incidents and special stuffs to relate (My life could be seen as boring to listen to, maybe. But I like it like that )

I always had a big character and temper (some might say I have a bad temper), but I was calm at home and was abiding to the rules at home and at school. What changed over the time is my relationship with classmates. I could get angry/mad at them more easily when I was a kid (especially when they were mean or unfair). Now I kind of learned to control my temper (still noooooowhere near perfection, though, sadly ).

Now one notable change: using internet a bit since last year

There is more to write, but I am lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYuki View Post
all of us
All boys, yeah
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 16:21   Link #20
Walkingcatastrophy
Deep Anime Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilliannarayne View Post
Yes, I do feel better having responsibilities, but they some times get a little overwhelming...

Am I the youngest one on this thread right now?
I'm sure you are the youngest! But fear not young one, life is good.

----Narona I liked your reply a lot. Had a good feeling of depth to it. As far as my question being easy or hard, its really what ever the interpreter wants it to be. In most cases I rather not be taken completely literally, because I don't feel I'm that precise. So your remarks are perfect for me.

I really feel my temper issues were too varying in subject matter. Meaning I could very well explode from my brother sitting on me and poking me in the face, or a soup can looking at me the wrong way. I don't think I'll ever understand the way I worked as a kid.

I don't think I really emulated my parents too much as a child, I rather believe I tried to forge my own way. The habits I did pick up though are ones that have lasted with me all these years.