Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 19:07   Link #6501
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
why ???
the incoherence of his posts
or the fact that i was stupid enough to keep up with it for as long as i did ?
Old 2009-12-10, 19:47   Link #6502
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglei3 View Post
1) The floodlights had no effect on Lelouch as he said it was possible to geass Oghi and the others, but the knightmares would be a problem in the situation. As for the floodlights and Akatsuki, the betrayal was going to show Zero's death to the world. You have to remember that Diethard was there recording, and had a script ready to be broadcasted to make it seem that Zero had died in death and not in betrayal.

2 & 3) These occur after Schneizel has talked to the BK, as well as after Kallen is back with them after the betrayel. Between Schneizel's research and Kallen who was close to Lelouch, it is very possible the information came from them. If Villetta knew before the betrayal, she obviously didn't say anything or was wrong on what she knew.
Fair enough on the floodlights. I forgot about his comment about Ohgi and the rest. However, exactly who told the BK about the eye contact limit isn't relevant as they took precautions that show they believed whoever told them.

Quote:
I'm going to claim no on this one. Not one other person in the series other than those who had geass or a code ever mentioned once about seeing the symbol in someone's eyes. Way too much speculation on this. And the cameras in Ashford just meant that there would be no opportunity for him to get away or into a spot on the school where he wouldn't be seen interacting with someone to possibly use the geass.
Alright I'll stick to listing the example where people without a Geass responded to seeing an active Geass.

1. The soldiers Lelouch killed in Stage 1 were visibly frightened by seeing Lelouch's Geass.
2. Shirley saw it as Lelouch prepared to mindwipe her and screamed in protest.
3. Suzaku saw it in the Kamine ruins as evidenced by the camera closeup of Lelouch's eye.
4. I don't have the episode with me, so could somebody confirm if the people Lelouch Geasses in Turn 1 respond as well, because I'm fairly sure they did.

Not one of these people ever had a Geass. There is also the fact that Mao walked around before meeting Lelouch while wearing his visor. His Geass couldn't be held back by visors anyway, so why would he need to wear sunglasses at night and indoors unless he wanted to avoid drawing attention to his glowing purple eyes that could be seen by anyone?

Quote:
Once again as with Blade, nice test, still proves nothing. Tell me how Lelouch proves this test isn't a fabrication he came up with to 'restore' trust with the BK? I could tell you right now if I were a BK and saw this test, my first thoughts would be "He is possibly making this up, we have no idea if he can really turn his geass on or off, and we have no idea if he really used it again on the soldier when given the order to kill him..."
As stated above, Lelouch could prove that activating his power had a visual cue that anyone could recognize. Then he can use that to prove it has a one use limit per person by Geassing someone to do something stupid and then trying to make them kill him or something else that he clearly wouldn't want to actually happen.

Quote:
So you don't like the "official" explanation from Lelouch and substitute your own in that has no backing? The "official" statement makes sense because 1) As I said earlier, Villetta discovered Zero's identity in season 1, and knew the most out of the entire Britannia army. It makes sense for her to take this job as she still feels the need to gain honor amongst the ranks in Britannia. 2) The teaching aspect gets her closer to Lelouch to observe him. It also gives her an excuse to be able to freely travel around the campus and participate in events where Lelouch might be. 3) Villetta had an inspiration to try teaching after her encounter with Oghi in which he talks about teaching before the war... and turn 25.01 still shows her teaching at Ashford.
What I meant was that Lelouch's narration was to both explain to the audience what Viletta was doing there and tell both us and her how Lelouch was going to manipulate events for his gain. By "official" I meant the cover story, not what the writers meant. For an example, the "official" story of Erwin Rommel was that he died from a heart attack and old war wounds. The actual story of how he died (as revealled during the Nuremburg Trials) was by taking a cyanide capsule so his family would not be hurt by Hitler's men. Lelouch was basically telling Viletta "This is what everyone thinks happened right? Well, I've got juuuust enough evidence to make it look like you were helping the BK. Do as I say and my lips stay zipped."

Chalres could have put a member of the Directorate in Viletta's position with equal if not better results as a Directorate member would have even greater knowledge of Geass, as opposed to Viletta, whom people are trying to say knows next to nothing about it beyond the fact it exists. In any case, why would someone put a person in charge of surveying a target and not tell them everything they knew about the target's goals and abilities?

EDIT: Thank you, ImmortalFire.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:53   Link #6503
ImmortalFire

Yes, in Turn 1 the guys react to him using the geass. Right before being geassed the baron says "No! It can't be!"
ImmortalFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 22:13   Link #6504
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why ???
the incoherence of his posts
or the fact that i was stupid enough to keep up with it for as long as i did ?
A little of both, really.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 22:14   Link #6505
ncrushx

You were the one being, undecisive with the question, nor was I the only one who lacked clarity.

Tchh, I didn't even read anyway; looks like I don't need to.

Yay, FOR BEING lazy!
ncrushx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 23:31   Link #6506
Aquaman OS

About the whole "nobody but a select few could see the Geass thing" that was never proven and even if true in season one was mostly likely thrown out by R2.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 00:17   Link #6507
Betteroffer

No, it was proven in the first episode of both seasons that a normal person can see the Geass symbol in a person's eye. The red iris rings that symbolize when someone is being affected by another's Geass were never confirmed or denied, but the eyes of someone with a Geass power do infact have the symbol on them.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 00:21   Link #6508
Kuroshinobu

The geass while active is visible to normal people. As displayed in Turn 1 where the Baron shouts out "no it can't be!" just as Lelouch regains his memories and kills them off.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 01:35   Link #6509
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Which proves my now-ancient statements that Shirley definitely screamed no because she saw the Geass. "Geass Potential" my ass. Pah!
Old 2009-12-11, 03:04   Link #6510
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
I really would like to find out more about the nature of Geass. What it is. How it came to be. Hope the new manga reveals a lot about it. It should, given that it's set so far back.
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:17   Link #6511
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
The geass while active is visible to normal people. As displayed in Turn 1 where the Baron shouts out "no it can't be!" just as Lelouch regains his memories and kills them off.
I always figured the 'no it can't be' was him calling himself Lelouch vi Britannia... the guy had ample time to see the geass as it formed back on Lelouch prior to him using it.

But in the end, the actual ability to see geass or not in someone's eye didn't have an impact on anything really...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
I really would like to find out more about the nature of Geass. What it is. How it came to be. Hope the new manga reveals a lot about it. It should, given that it's set so far back.

I'm hoping for this as well. The original story barely got through the icing of the cake as many of the posts in different topics make so many assumptions about geass since we literally know very little about its history.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:52   Link #6512
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
I always figured the 'no it can't be' was him calling himself Lelouch vi Britannia... the guy had ample time to see the geass as it formed back on Lelouch prior to him using it.

But in the end, the actual ability to see geass or not in someone's eye didn't have an impact on anything really...
In Lelouch's case, they'd usually be dead by than anyway haha.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 13:54   Link #6513
eaglei3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
In Lelouch's case, they'd usually be dead by than anyway haha.
Very true lol.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-16, 08:42   Link #6514
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Not far back enough, honestly.

They said that it was gonna be set in the Edo period, and C.C has been around since the Elizabethan era, or so I gather.

It'll just be a filler, I think.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:35   Link #6515
VanityWantsYou

... How come everywhere I go, there's always people comparing Lelouch to Light? I swear, I can't escape it. Like the topic of Nina being a table humper. It's a neverending black hole.
VanityWantsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 23:55   Link #6516
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanityWantsYou View Post
... How come everywhere I go, there's always people comparing Lelouch to Light? I swear, I can't escape it. Like the topic of Nina being a table humper. It's a neverending black hole.
It's been like this since day one, because there are some extremely superficial similarities and people consistently fail to see past that. And by bringing that one up again you're being the same as those people No need to beat up a dead horse, really.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-23, 00:01   Link #6517
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Its not even a horse at this point. Its a vat of glue.
Old 2009-12-27, 07:28   Link #6518
Akabara

I'm curious about the origin of Geass. Hope they make SS3 or 4 to explain that matter. I still think Lelouch not dead

Last edited by Akabara; 2010-01-18 at 09:37.
Akabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 07:32   Link #6519
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
SS3 ?
what does that mean ?

and no
Old 2009-12-27, 09:33   Link #6520
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akabara View Post
I still think Lelouch not dead
I've taken the liberty of quoting a very wise and ancient source in my response to this statement:

'E's passed on! [Lelouch] is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-LELOUCH!!

youngde, signing off.