AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-11-25, 03:19   Link #4201
WingedAccelerator

The chapter brought back theory crafting.
The arc in a nutshell was this image:
https://i.imgur.com/EG0oJL0.png
The girls in their respective locations:
https://i.imgur.com/oOX3qVq.png
The girls' supposed respective locations:
https://i.imgur.com/vnmIB6o.jpg
We have a matching panel with the last one in the first picture with the first location in the last picture. It's either Nino's or Itsuki's. But at the same time, there is the bonfire before the decision according to the first picture, while Yotsuba is clearly somewhere around there, not in the infirmary, which is the fourth location. If volume paralells are still a thing, the volume started with a fire, the takoyaki stall's fire, so the bonfire has a chance to come back. Now, if Fuutarou dances with Yotsuba there, but chooses someone else after to end up with Yotsuba later anyways, that would be terrible.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-25, 04:21   Link #4202

So much for "the second part of the manga will be about Fuutarou's feelings", eh?
I really hope that after the decision he'll get something like Yotsuba's flashback showing his feelings building up throughout the whole manga.
This really feels like a calm before the storm. Negi better not chicken out now.
And the whole idiotic setup is true. So what? He's going to choose one girl, then they both will go tell the others the good news? Or will they just leave and other quints will be left waiting? Maybe a text message?
And of course he's not going to answer the confessions first. At the time of the festival it's been already 7 months since Nino's confession.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Now, if Fuutarou dances with Yotsuba there, but chooses someone else after to end up with Yotsuba later anyways, that would be terrible.
Maybe the whole Kyoto girl thing will be put to rest there?
Though, I dunno. I feel like the chapter where the girl is chosen should be all about her and dancing with another girl would take away from that (unless they're both the same).
Maybe the bonfire is the "final scheduled program" and it will happen after everything is done?

Those images very loosely correspond to quints' covers. I guess it would be
Nino/Itsuki
Miku
Itsuki/Nino
Yotsuba
Ichika
?
23541 is an ordering that's been used quite a lot in the manga https://mangadex.org/chapter/268657/2 At least at the start. I haven't been paying much attention to that lately.
It's hard to say from those scans, but if the blackboard in the third panel has stuff written all over it then that would be Nino's.
The first one does look silimar to the one from chapter 100, though it's at a different angle. It could be just a generic corridor that leads to any location.
Could also be that Fuutarou meets up with Yotsuba at the bonfire, then goes to reject everyone else.

Last edited by 256; 2019-11-25 at 04:54.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-25, 08:38   Link #4203
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Useless filler.
And yeah, dragging this arc even more would be horrible.
Completely agree with you, oh well maybe next week we get something less shitty.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-26, 10:22   Link #4204

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 View Post
It's hard to say from those scans, but if the blackboard in the third panel has stuff written all over it then that would be Nino's.
Looking at the raws Nino is clearly the 3rd panel which leaves Itsuki with the first one.
Dunno why she would be represented by a corridor when it has nothing to do with her cover. I guess Yotsuba's doesn't either.
Well, that's it. Itsuki is the chosen one.
Old 2019-11-26, 13:01   Link #4205
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Only Itsuki is special now
Can't believe another tsundere glutton is going to win (btw Fumino is kinda glutton too)
*ptoey* such a hack
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-26, 13:02   Link #4206
WingedAccelerator

It's confirmed that the panel is Itsuki's. I wouldn't say that this also confirms her victory, but if Negi pulls it off shortly after she got 3 chapters unlike the rest, that's just awful direction, but at least a lot of us will be free afterwards. Even if she could potentially reject Fuutarou because of Yotsuba, the outcome won't change, that's for sure.

What can I ask for? Please, Negi, don't go for the "Rejection of the week" format for the rest of the festival. Just pick someone, then explain the "why" or do that both in the next chapter.

Also, bet: If Fuutarou picks Yotsuba, next volume will start with: "A Certain Girl and I".
Old 2019-11-26, 13:22   Link #4207

It really shows how trash Nino's chapters were. Everyone else gets to contemplate what they've achieved and how they've grown while Nino gets a shitty half a page "you will have to talk with Maruo too".
Dunno what's up with Nino suddenly saying "that's because we're quintuplets" multiple times. I know it's been a thing since they were picking where to go during Kyoto trip and everyone picked something else, but getting bombarded with it in this chapter was kinda jarring. Once would've been enough. Even for the "being a quintuplet is cool, haha"
I'm thinking that the next chapter will be from Fuutarou's perspective ending on him meeting with the girl, but she won't be shown to bait people into buying the next volume to find out.
Quote:
It's confirmed that the panel is Itsuki's. I wouldn't say that this also confirms her victory
Could also be Yotsuba while Itsuki gets the infirmary. Both of them have no connection to those panels.
Dunno why Negi wouldn't use the same panel from chapter 100 for that and why would he want to spoil it in such an obvious way (potentially) a week before the reveal after going out of his way to make it as ambiguous as possible before.
I guess expecting coherence from him is a fool's errand.
Old 2019-11-26, 14:03   Link #4208
WingedAccelerator

It felt like whatever is about to happen in Chapter 113, Negi didn't want it to happen a chapter earlier, but unfortunately this was the best he was capable of. There are like 6-7 pages with no dialogue at all, and even when there is dialogue, repeating the quintuplets lines were indeed jarring.

Yotsuba said at the end of her side that she needs to take a rest at the infirmary.
The order is undoubtedly Itsuki-Miku-Nino-Yotsuba-Ichika.
But there is still the bonfire panel as well...
Old 2019-11-26, 14:30   Link #4209
Lex79

This chapter finally solved the biggest mystery of this manga. They are quintuplets! Now I can understand why they all looked so similar. Thanks Negi! /s
Old 2019-11-27, 01:46   Link #4210
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

Itsuki 76%
Yotsuba 11%
Miku 9%
Nino 3%
Ichika 1%

Win percentage after the recent chapters I would think.

This chapter was such a waste of space. We already know that the Quints got closer after the sisters battle arc. There was no reason to have this chapter unless Negi is out of materials. The manga will end in the next volume.

@tora: Fumino is not winning. It will be Uruka.
Old 2019-11-27, 02:50   Link #4211
wuhugm
Confused Shark

113 chapters of character development? Doesn't matter, we are quintuplets

^non-Itsuki non-Fumino win is the best outcome
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 03:01   Link #4212
usspaul

itsuki winning is just the biggest asspull of the whole damn manga. i stopped reading after the nino chapter before the yots cause i dont care to much for her . But my god why is it that first girl has to win that had no real development the whole damn manga wins? This manga was going ok and like i said before i like nino most but if miku won i would have been happy because of all the quints the 3 that probably had the most development was miku , nino and ichika. But nope gotta give it to fucking itsuki for trash manga
Old 2019-11-27, 08:19   Link #4213
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Itsuki win will ruin everything

C'mon... Ichika, Nino, Miku, or Yotsuba are all ok... they have strong point to win
but not Itsuki

so this is the showdown.. after this... 1 will smile and 4 will cry
but I'm sure no one will be chosen.. Fuutarou will just go home
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-27, 09:17   Link #4214
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

^Negi might as well use a Raiha card to extend the manga. Like she has gone missing.
Old 2019-11-27, 09:53   Link #4215

Quote:
Yotsuba said at the end of her side that she needs to take a rest at the infirmary.
The order is undoubtedly Itsuki-Miku-Nino-Yotsuba-Ichika.
But there is still the bonfire panel as well...
Well, yeah, but that doesn't mean she's bound to the infirmary now. She's been running around with everyone in this chapter, so it seems like she's feeling better. And she ditched the infirmary anyway and went to the bonfire, so what even was the point?

Why do we even assume that it's bonfire 1st and corridor 2nd, anyway?
Doesn't the reading order depend on the shape of the panel? Like when one panel starts higher up, it takes precedence over the right-to-left rule?
It happens on the very same page with Ichika -> Nino and Yotsuba -> Itsuki going left-to-right. To me corridor being first and bonfire at the end makes more sense.

Even if we take that page from chapter 100 as gospel, it could just as well mean that everything that's there happens, and only after all of that is done Fuutarou goes to meet with the girl as the next page shows.
Those two pages are connected by his narration which could imply they happen one after another.
Festival start -> quint chapters -> corridor <-> bonfire -> speaker announcement -> Fuutarou meets with the girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanimebib View Post
Fumino is not winning. It will be Uruka.
Both Nino and Mafuyu are 100%
Old 2019-11-27, 10:38   Link #4216
WingedAccelerator

The reading order is from right to left, from higher to lower, and you have to take into account the chunks as well. The first one is obvious. Then the lips are the next one, because Papa Nakano-The fire-The drama club forms a chunk together. You can only continue to the lips from the first one because of the chunk. Then we are on the right again with Mudou, so we can only go down, cause the corridor doesn't form a chunk with that. That leaves the corridor as the last one.

In my opinion, each of them danced with Fuutarou, but Negi didn't show it. Itsuki talks about their respective locations, so they must had a talk beforehand. Pretty much the repeat of the fingerholding, but Fuutarou is going to pick someone. That way Maeda's and Matsui's comment would make sense in the wedding, indicating that they have seen the winner couple dancing.
Old 2019-11-28, 06:03   Link #4217

Quote:
The reading order is from right to left, from higher to lower, and you have to take into account the chunks as well. The first one is obvious. Then the lips are the next one, because Papa Nakano-The fire-The drama club forms a chunk together. You can only continue to the lips from the first one because of the chunk. Then we are on the right again with Mudou, so we can only go down, cause the corridor doesn't form a chunk with that. That leaves the corridor as the last one.
I see your point, but the corridor being first still seems more natural to me.
Wouldn't something like Maruo -> fire -> Mudou -> drama club also work?

Quote:
In my opinion, each of them danced with Fuutarou, but Negi didn't show it. Itsuki talks about their respective locations, so they must had a talk beforehand.
Didn't Itsuki tell Fuutarou that after the last chapter has ended? At the beginning of this one Ichika asks her if she relayed their message to him.
Old 2019-11-28, 06:53   Link #4218
WingedAccelerator

I saw a debate about the reading order, and the general consensus was what I have described. We shall see to be sure.

Fair point about Itsuki. Although the bonfire should be in the afterparty they have described. That's why I'm thinking they may have danced with him, but Negi purposely didn't show it. Ichika didn't specify the bonfire though, only said couples are tend to form in the afterparty. If they are waiting for Fuutarou in their designated locations, then Fuutarou quickly dancing with one of them (Yotsuba presumably, since she is out for some reason from her spot) would be kind of weird, but at this point it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 2019-11-28, 11:00   Link #4219

The end of chapter 112 happens before the quint covers because of the speaker announcement which talks about closing party and the last scheduled program. Doesn't "afterparty" mean that it happens after the big event proceeding it came to a close? So, if the bonfire dance happens at the afterparty I think there's a high chance it's already after Fuutarou chose the girl (the one who invited him to the bonfire dance at the field trip, but he couldn't attend because he fell ill, for instance).
Doesn't the last panel in 112 looks like Fuutarou is looking at the bonfire?

For me the timeline looks like this:
- all the stuff from chapters 99-111 happens
- chapter 112 happens, quints go to their locations as shown in that chapter
- Yotsuba moves from the infirmary to the bonfire, runs into Fuutarou who was at the bonfire too
- Fuutarou enters the school and runs into Itsuki at the corridor; after that she moves to her classroom at which point all quint covers check out
- speaker announcement happens
- Fuutarou meets with the girl as shown in the last page of chapter 100
Old 2019-11-30, 09:30   Link #4220
WingedAccelerator

The time has come. (Supposedly)

Spoiler for Chapter 113:

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck