AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-12-23, 18:18   Link #4821
WingedAccelerator

It's not Weekly Shounen Jump. It's Weekly Shounen Magazine. From there, it's the best selling manga in general. Made it to #5 (Haha!) in this years Top Selling Manga list with 5.89 million copies. Only defeated by Kimetsu no Yaiba (12 million), One Piece (10.1 million), Kingdom (7.6 million), and The Promised Neverland (7.4 million). The closest challanger is Kaguya-sama from Young Jump as #9 with 4 million copies.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-23, 19:39   Link #4822
Chosen_Hero

That's a lot of people to disappoint with inconsistent and terrible writing.
Old 2019-12-23, 20:02   Link #4823
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
It's not Weekly Shounen Jump. It's Weekly Shounen Magazine. From there, it's the best selling manga in general. Made it to #5 (Haha!) in this years Top Selling Manga list with 5.89 million copies. Only defeated by Kimetsu no Yaiba (12 million), One Piece (10.1 million), Kingdom (7.6 million), and The Promised Neverland (7.4 million). The closest challanger is Kaguya-sama from Young Jump as #9 with 4 million copies.
So it sold almost 6 million last year? Oof I thought it was just 5 million "yeah I know"

It was number 5 last year beating the lies of MHA and AoT which is pretty crazy still.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 03:42   Link #4824
WingedAccelerator

No, it's mostly this year's sales. The measured period was between the 19th of November 2018 to the 17th of November 2019. The anime adaptation started airing in this year's January. The boost was exceptional in this 11 months. That's why I said that S2 was a coin flip, because the goal, boosting the source material's sales was already achieved, heck, they massively went beyond expectations, so further advertisement was not really necessary. Especially if Negi was aware that the manga will end shortly next year, while the Bride got revealed this year.
Old 2019-12-24, 10:39   Link #4825
devil_slayer

It's hilarious because the anime was so low budget.

Hopefully, they put their all into the second season because that on it own will bring them tons of money.
Old 2019-12-24, 11:18   Link #4826
Lex79

I like to imagine the conversation between Yotsuba and Nino like this: "OMG Nino, how did you manage to not win Fuutarou? I did nothing and he fell for me, was it really so hard?"
Jokes aside, I guess Yotsuba said something like that she was willing to reject him in order to not hurt her sisters.
Old 2019-12-24, 12:30   Link #4827
WingedAccelerator

The translation made it crystal clear that neither losers are butthurt because they have lost, but how Fuutarou and Yotsuba tiptoes around the situation, hurting all of their resolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
It's hilarious because the anime was so low budget.

Hopefully, they put their all into the second season because that on it own will bring them tons of money.
That's the power of the well-known seiyuus for you. Negi highlighted in one of the interviews that Taketatsu Ayana (Kaji Yuki's Bride) did heavy advertisement as Nino.
Old 2019-12-24, 14:03   Link #4828
Chosen_Hero

Man, looking at those first few pages in 114 makes me want to face palm with a wall, it's exactly as I thought when I reached the end of chapter 113, Negi literally forced every little unimportant interaction they had into being the reason for the choice, along with literally taking away Miku's moments as WingedAccelerator pointed out a few posts back... Seriously, those are some of the most mundane and unimportant moments of the entire manga and somehow they are supposed to be super important to the choice? Most of the bubbles shown are just pity lines or just taken out of context from conversations he was having with all of the quints, the fake date also counted? Why? How? What?.... Someone please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed this or at least point out why those moments are actually important because I just don't see it and like I said, a lot of it is taken out of context.
Old 2019-12-24, 14:53   Link #4829
devil_slayer

Quote:
The translation made it crystal clear that neither losers are butthurt because they have lost, but how Fuutarou and Yotsuba tiptoes around the situation, hurting all of their resolves.

That's the power of the well-known seiyuus for you. Negi highlighted in one of the interviews that Taketatsu Ayana (Kaji Yuki's Bride) did heavy advertisement as Nino.
The Nino lines were still kinda confusing, I had to read the page 2-3 times to understand her point of view. Nino wanted to call Yotsuba on her BS after apologizing to her despite Yotsuba going to her room anyway at that night. It's still funny though cuz Yotsua didn't wait in her room and even she rejected him at first.

Miku's scene still feels as weird as hell tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
I like to imagine the conversation between Yotsuba and Nino like this: "OMG Nino, how did you manage to not win Fuutarou? I did nothing and he fell for me, was it really so hard?"
Jokes aside, I guess Yotsuba said something like that she was willing to reject him in order to not hurt her sisters.
Eh, it's kinda easy to see why Nino lost if Fuutarou had this "I love the girl who supports me the most" mentality. Nino was a b!tch to him for some time and after she turned all dere-dere all her attempts were just trying making him fall for her. The bullshit comes from Miku who supported him as much if not more than Yotsuba.

Last edited by devil_slayer; 2019-12-24 at 15:06.
Old 2019-12-24, 15:19   Link #4830
usspaul

no the real bullshit comes from the fact that the only reason yots was choicing was cause shes such a damn train reck that cant stand on her own. Throughout the whole manga she never learns from her mistakes and repeats it. How many damn times has everyone told her to not over work herselve and yet she continues to do it. If lefted alone she would be hospitalized again and again. That is what this idiot fuu wants cause he needs to have someone to rely on him. That is the only reason Yots got choicen. The other girls even itsuki who also the other girl with the least amount of development can stand on her own. So the older 3 didnt lose cause of there efforts or because fuu loves yots but because they are independed and can stand on there 2 feet. This dependants is also the reason so many people are so buthurt about this ending. Both itsuki and Yots are the worst to pick cause they had the least development of all the girls. The Yots in particular is the biggest left field.
Old 2019-12-24, 15:27   Link #4831
devil_slayer

I will have to call BS on that tbh.

Her chapters during the festival were hinting to her letting go of her past promises because it only causes her more pain. Not once did she ask Fuutaoru for help and he was the one who always butted in.

If Fuutarou really wanted to satisfy his complex he would have chosen Nino who kept clinging to him desperately.

Last edited by devil_slayer; 2019-12-24 at 16:00.
Old 2019-12-24, 18:31   Link #4832
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Man, looking at those first few pages in 114 makes me want to face palm with a wall, it's exactly as I thought when I reached the end of chapter 113, Negi literally forced every little unimportant interaction they had into being the reason for the choice, along with literally taking away Miku's moments as WingedAccelerator pointed out a few posts back... Seriously, those are some of the most mundane and unimportant moments of the entire manga and somehow they are supposed to be super important to the choice? Most of the bubbles shown are just pity lines or just taken out of context from conversations he was having with all of the quints, the fake date also counted? Why? How? What?.... Someone please tell me I wasn't the only one who noticed this or at least point out why those moments are actually important because I just don't see it and like I said, a lot of it is taken out of context.
Quote:
Originally Posted by usspaul View Post
no the real bullshit comes from the fact that the only reason yots was choicing was cause shes such a damn train reck that cant stand on her own. Throughout the whole manga she never learns from her mistakes and repeats it. How many damn times has everyone told her to not over work herselve and yet she continues to do it. If lefted alone she would be hospitalized again and again. That is what this idiot fuu wants cause he needs to have someone to rely on him. That is the only reason Yots got choicen. The other girls even itsuki who also the other girl with the least amount of development can stand on her own. So the older 3 didnt lose cause of there efforts or because fuu loves yots but because they are independed and can stand on there 2 feet. This dependants is also the reason so many people are so buthurt about this ending. Both itsuki and Yots are the worst to pick cause they had the least development of all the girls. The Yots in particular is the biggest left field.
Quote:
I will have to call BS on that tbh.

Her chapters during the festival were hinting to her letting go of her past promises because it only causes her more pain. Not once did she ask Fuutaoru for help and he was the one who always butted in.

If Fuutarou really wanted to satisfy his complex he would have chosen Nino who kept clinging to him desperately.
Firstly, Merry Christmas to everyone following this thread, even if I'm a bit late with this.

Chosen and usspaul are not entirely wrong here, devil.
The main issue is that Yotsuba is JUST A CHOICE from the five, but doesn't feel like the choice that makes the most sense or makes sense in general, even if it's subjective, and this is Negi's fault 100% for handling her or the story like this. Throughout the story, Fuutarou was always against Yotsuba's behavior of accepting to help everyone in need. If he would have been portrayed as someone who admired Yotsuba for doing that, his choice would have made sense, but that was not the case. He was against it early on, he was against it in Seven Goodbyes, he was against it in Kyoto. Suddenly, even after Yotsuba has been collapsed and told to rest, he values Yotsuba the most for going out of her way and set up a rest area before his choice or giving him a karaage ticket. How nice of him to completely ignore Miku solving the fight between his actual classmates and give up on this issue alltogether to favor Yotsuba.

From the flashbacks, we saw that Yotsuba simply switched goals after Miku and Itsuki also managed to get good grades, not to mention Itsuki also having a visual identity with the star hairpins. But in athletics, she was a beast. She neglected studying as a result, but when Miku offered her help noticing that, she told her to fuck off, not to put both of them on the same level as a result of her ego trip. Reality check happened and she got expelled, but the sisters followed her. Miku made her understand Rena's words. She should have been capable of learning from this, and seemingly that was the case with Chapter 13, but Sven Goodbyes still happened with the track club. She repeated the same mistakes once again. Then what on Earth did Fuutarou mean by Yotsuba changing first and her being straightforward to earn credit from him in Chapter 21? Bullshit, it's exactly the opposite. Her being incapable of declining the track team somehow became a highlight in his confession to Yotsuba and it makes no sense. It's just further fuels my necessary complex opinion.

Look, Ichika started the story with a dream on her mind already. Fuutarou tried to discourage her, but she kept proving him wrong till he acknowledged her. She doesn't need him. Itsuki met a former student of Rena and became her disciple, realizing her dream in the process. Fuutarou commented on this that he is not good enough, Itsuki doesn't need him. While Nino's dream is either the restaurant one or not revealed yet, Fuutarou was so cocky thinking Nino would fail in the harsh world of part-time jobs, only for Nino to be declared as a genius, as a capable human being. Fuutarou is not needed, she can stand on her own, even if she is clingy. Miku was ended up the same in the end with realizing her dream that doesn't require university or Fuutarou's help. That leaves Yotsuba, who doesn't have a dream and didn't even think about her dream. The same way Fuutarou's dream is not revealed at all. How nice, Negi.

So Yotsuba got an advice from Rena, which she didn't understand and Miku made her understand what she meant. Got and advice from Nino in Seven Goodbyes, when Nino stepped in to save her from the track team. Got an advice from Fuutarou in early in the story, in Seven Goodbyes, in Kyoto and who knows what other places as well to stop with her behavior. She got an advice from Itsuki and Ichika as well after Kyoto. She got an advice from Takebayashi as well, who only made a return just to say that... And she still complicates things and can't be free from her issues or know exactly what to do or how to do it properly after everything, even though her issues are not that complex, but dragging them to resolve somehow makes it complex.
Old 2019-12-24, 19:48   Link #4833

I really wish Nino just told Yotsuba to fuck off after she selfishly tried to clear her conscience at Nino's expense.
But, no. I'll have to sit through broken-hearted Nino pushing Yotsuba and Fuutarou together. Two babies that haven't grown at all over 115 chapters.
Thanks, Negi.

Quote:
Nino wanted to be with him, but isn't incapable of surviving on her own. It's not a hard concept to grasp.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-24, 22:58   Link #4834
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I honestly don’t see the problem with Fuutarou. His only blunder he didn’t say the word “i love you” which I assume that because it was stop when Yotsuba say “she need something to do first”. As much as feeling goes he pretty much set on her.

Honestly cut him some slack. It was his very first romantic experience. not to mention he have to confess right after very busy day. And the fact that he manage to keep composure after all that is pretty impressive.

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-25, 00:21   Link #4835
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
I honestly don’t see the problem with Fuutarou. His only blunder he didn’t say the word “i love you” which I assume that because it was stop when Yotsuba say “she need something to do first”. As much as feeling goes he pretty much set on her.

Honestly cut him some slack. It was his very first romantic experience. not to mention he have to confess right after very busy day. And the fact that he manage to keep composure after all that is pretty impressive.
Fuutarou is fine. Ichika was just teasing him, making him doubt that he actually confessed properly. It was as indirect as Japanese confessions can be, but considering Yotsuba understood the message enough to give her reply, that's enough to tell that Fuutarou's confession did its job.

Quote:
Itsuki already spelled it out for him in the previous chapter - they don't want pity because it adds insult to injury. That's what Yotsuba is doing to Nino now.

Yotsuba doesn't need to apologize or ask for their permission to pursue a relationship.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-12-25, 00:42   Link #4836
Chosen_Hero

So why was Fuutarou even looking for the BK in this arc if at the exact same time he apparently had all along already chosen Yotsuba? Why was that shown to be so important until it just got dropped? He got a kiss from Ichika and he was surprised by it and blushed but he didn't react to it, he then got kissed by Nino and again surprised and blushing, but no reaction after. When Miku kissed him interestingly enough he had actually reacted and even said a very weirdly worded line:

Fuutarou: "......... Wer- Were you holding back that one too...?"

Miku: (Surprised face and smiles) "Yep."

If you go and read chapter 106 you will realize that that line makes no sense in that context. Why say, ".. that one too..." Wouldn't a better line be "So that's what you were holding back" or "Were you holding back that one?" So again, why that choice of words?

Then Yotsuba kissed him while he was passed out as part of her supposed resolve to leave the past behind, a kiss he should not be able to comment about at all since he clearly doesn't know it even happened and then lastly, Itsuki didn't kiss him. Then the next chapters happened and apparently that amounted to nothing and didn't matter at all because... reasons. So again, why show it at all? Why give importance to the BK stuff if you are just going to drop and forget about it like that?

Sadly, the answer is that whenever it gets brought up again Negi is going to just reveal that Yotsuba was the BK all along and that Fuutarou somehow knew it subconsciously all along and that the search never mattered at all because lol it was misdirection all along... the more I think about this freaking arc the more it doesn't make any damn sense.
Old 2019-12-25, 01:35   Link #4837
shanimebib
Neo Venezia-jin

F*cking loser Miku is on her way to get 50K likes in just 3 hours. I decided to not give likes to the f*cking twitter posts anymore but I gave anyways because it's my f*cking Miku! It f*cking hurts...
Old 2019-12-25, 02:32   Link #4838
Hakai

LOL
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Someone translate and post the angry Japanese replies
Old 2019-12-25, 02:43   Link #4839
Lex79

Quote:
If you go and read chapter 106 you will realize that that line makes no sense in that context. Why say, ".. that one too..." Wouldn't a better line be "So that's what you were holding back" or "Were you holding back that one?" So again, why that choice of words?
It makes sense, Miku previously mentioned two other things she was holding back (yelling at the boys and girls and asking about Takebayashi), Fuutarou asked her if the kiss was a third one.

For the bell kisser, when the quintuplets started kissing Fuutarou I had a theory that he would be able to guess her identity by comparing the kisses, maybe the thing will be brought up when he confesses again to Yotsuba.
Old 2019-12-25, 02:54   Link #4840
usspaul

no i highly doubt it will because for yots to be chosen alot of stuff had to get retcon so dont count on it and watch this train wrech for what it is.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck