AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-01-18, 18:22   Link #5101
WingedAccelerator

If the Five is really an arc name pattern in the recent chapter titles, and it exactly lasts for five chapters, then 1 chapter is left for whatever Negi thought up. Maybe a Fuutarou-Yotsuba date? Fuutarou's confession? Or he will just go with Five until the final chapter, giving a title drop at the end. Fun fact: The first chapter is also a title drop.

I saw another spoiler snippet claiming that Rena's charm gets brought up again, and supposedly it contained the picture of Fuutarou, Itsuki and Raiha from the arcade. But of course Itsuki didn't come clean about being Rena, and if the spoiler is true, then if Fuutarou would have opened the charm or the charm wouldn't have washed away, he would have learned that Itsuki is Rena, but that way he would have also assumed that Itsuki is KG. So it makes really questionable Itsuki's further Rena disguising now that we know that she winged Yotsuba. Basically, she left no clue for Fuutarou that she should go to Yotsuba and took the picture, even if Yotsuba tasked her to make Fuutarou forget about KG. Or this is exactly why it didn't sit well with her, and she reappeared again, trying to tell him the truth in vain.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 02:10   Link #5102
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
At this point, I don't really care if the girls have given up or not. They might need more time, they might keep living Fuutarou forever, they might have come to terms with the fact that their feeling will never be reciprocated...I just hope Negi isn't going to waste the last maybe 4 chapters with other closures and rejections.
Yotsuba could decide they all should be with him lol
Old 2020-01-19, 02:37   Link #5103
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Nino would only be more pissed for feeling pitied.
Old 2020-01-19, 04:18   Link #5104
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Out of all the stuff Negi has said in his interviews, the harem ending not happening is guaranteed, while some other stuff were already proven to be a lie.

Although I fully expect a five-part contribution in the wedding, you know, just some final kick to the rest of sisters.
Old 2020-01-19, 07:52   Link #5105
Sixth
Hu Tao

The only way to end this is that the quint got into a car accident and 4 of them were killed. The surviving quint lost her memories and her hair got cut or burned during the impact of the accident, and the hair accessories were removed at that time too, and those quint handbags were burned as well so no one can identify her real self. And yes, for some reason, all quite were wearing the same outfits, handbags, and shoes.

And the series ends with Fuu marrying the surviving Quint and the last Quint calls herself "Rena" since she can't remember who she was and Fuu is too incompetent to tell who she was, and the one who can tell the quint apart, their grandfather just passed away before the accident take place.

The End.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 08:18   Link #5106
WingedAccelerator

I seem to remember this joke from the past.

Unconfirmed, but my guess is that this is the "steal back Fuutarou" scene between Nino and Yotsuba.
https://ibb.co/Mhn8Y2L
"If I'm cute, you are cute too!" 2.0. Otherwise, Yotsuba wouldn't blush, even if there is a tear in her eye.
Old 2020-01-19, 08:26   Link #5107

^Eh, blushing can just indicate an emotional moment.
But I also think that's the line. Good to see that Nino isn't bawling, but is pretty confident in what she's saying.

Maybe I am biased. Well, Miku folding or not doesn't really matter to me. I can agree that she didn't.
She did get a closure in terms of her character, though. Ichika did too with how she thought back on Nino's "I was going to congratulate you even if I wasn't chosen".
From what we know right now Nino didn't get anything like that, so I don't think it's over for her.
And with the chapter being titled "5tsuki's memories" I don't want to believe her feelings are going to get treated as an afterthought. But what do I know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
(By the way, Yotsuba wants everyone's blessings according to the spoilers, because her conclusion is that she loves Fuutarou as much as her sisters. Negi, stop shitting on the losers, please!)
Wow. So she refused Fuutarou and went to torment her sisters mere hours after they got heartbroken to force them to bless her even though she isn't even in a relationship with him yet. Wow.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 08:58   Link #5108
WingedAccelerator

If that part is true, then yes. I don't even. There is that talk in Kyoto between Fuutarou and Yotsuba, where Fuutarou says that there is no way to make everyone happy, it's unrealistic. It's conceited to say that someone wants to attain everything, because choosing something means not choosing something else. Miku also said that Yotsuba should accept that they are mad about not being chosen, but it's just tells that they were serious and she should date Fuutarou with that in mind. The correct answer would have been NOT approaching the losing quints, until they are the ones that want to initiate contact with Fuutarou and Yotsuba. Basically, leave it to time. Ichika, Nino, Miku and Itsuki would have been aware of this. But no, Yotsuba has to rub it in that she wants their blessings only 2 days after the choice.
Old 2020-01-19, 09:54   Link #5109
Lex79

It's even more ridiculous because if Yotsuba decides to not date Fuutarou, it would only end with six people unhappy instead of four. And even if Fuutarou decides to date another quintuplet, the remaining four will still be mad for being rejected, with the only difference that Yotsuba won't feel guilty for being the responsible.
Old 2020-01-19, 10:58   Link #5110
WingedAccelerator

I think only Yotsuba would have felt responsible for getting chosen if that means the others will be mad, unhappy. The rest of them accepted the terms laid out in Chapter 112, that's why that chapter was kind of like a goodbye to the whole "we are quintuplets" principle with a final occasion of having fun together, before the status quo changes. Also, add to the latter that if Fuutarou wouldn't have chosen Yotsuba, Yotsuba would have had to live her entire life with the thought that she never confessed seriously to Fuutarou or told him the truth about her identity, putting on a fake smile forever. Negi's solution? Give that role to Itsuki in 1.5 chapters, and make her content with it.
Old 2020-01-19, 12:21   Link #5111
usspaul

why are people even going on about how yots is rubbing salt on the losers. What you expect from a trainwreck character who throught out the whole manga never has changed. Im sorry but i have no respect for yots and everything she does has been proven how much of a shitty character she has been. When it came to the quints she was one of my least favorite but i didnt have as much of a bad taste in my mouth as i did when we saw the flashback to how she treated her sisters. The way she still treats them like trash. sorry but if she doesnt wanna learn i hope the next time she overworks herself she dies. That in my opinion would be the best ending. You dont wanna learn from your mistakes keep doing the same mistakes when everyone keeps telling you to stop and you continue to do it go fuck yourself and die. enough is enough just end this shitty manga already
Old 2020-01-19, 12:22   Link #5112
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I think only Yotsuba would have felt responsible for getting chosen if that means the others will be mad, unhappy. The rest of them accepted the terms laid out in Chapter 112, that's why that chapter was kind of like a goodbye to the whole "we are quintuplets" principle with a final occasion of having fun together, before the status quo changes. Also, add to the latter that if Fuutarou wouldn't have chosen Yotsuba, Yotsuba would have had to live her entire life with the thought that she never confessed seriously to Fuutarou or told him the truth about her identity, putting on a fake smile forever. Negi's solution? Give that role to Itsuki in 1.5 chapters, and make her content with it.
The thing is that there wasn't/isn't any need for Itsuki to also be shown to be in love with Fuutarou, especially this late in the game. As I have said before, if the whole point behind the School Festival arc was just so that Yotsuba could be upfront with her feelings then Negi on multiple levels with it. First of all, there would have been no need for the whole choice bullshit, why does Yotsuba confessing necessitates that the older three that put all of then effort get shat on? Why does Yotsuba confessing have any need to retcon past events just to give her an edge?

Second, of the point was for her to confess, then why even show her getting resolved to move on after the damn flashback only to immediately take it back? What was the point of the flashback then if it wasn't there to have her realize thar she should move on from Fuutarou and the promise? Why reward her with the thing that is clearly crippling her character?

Third, why not just make the School Festival be about her working up the courage to confess instead of making it into this big event about Fuutarou having to choose one of them? Seriously, why force the choice like that if all that needed to happen was for Yotsuba to confess? I mean, it's not like her confessing would put her anywhere near the older three, but it would have been something. But no, instead Negi had to go and make a big deal about it and then ruin it by contradicting the shit he wrote and making the entire story up to that point a waste of time since apparently none of it ever mattered.

Seriously, the more thought you put into that arc and what Negi seemed to want to do with it, the more it falls apart at the seams and the worse the writing comes off as. Again, why did Yotsuba's confessions necessitate that the others gets trampled on for their efforts? I sincerely don't get what the hell Negi was even thinking with this.

Also, this whole Yotsuba wanting the others blessings thing is definitely insulting to the others, both from an in universe stand point and a writing stand point. Bitch you won, why the hell do you need more assurance? How apathetic are you to not understand that your sisters are hurting at the moment? Why would you think they should be unilaterally happy for you and accept the bs? Are you sure you aren't still the same stuck up brat that thinks she deserves shit because she is special? The more this goes on the worse she looks as a character, because apparently this is what Negi thinks will pass as character development for her that is equal to the older three.
Old 2020-01-19, 14:03   Link #5113
WingedAccelerator

Don't forget that Fuutarou also said to Maeda and Takeda that he made the quints wait for way too long. If this means that he was settled on Yotsuba for a long time, and didn't make the choice in 3 days (2 days), but was simply afraid to take that step, that's just more insulting with Yotsuba's limited screentime. Let's give hope to Ichika, Nino and Miku continuously, while just for the quintuplet principle, bring Itsuki to the mix as well on the festival. And people laugh at the rigged game comments, when these are most, if not all of the Yotsuba chapters before the choice: Chapter 13, 21, 36-37, 56, 72, 86-90, 107-108. Pinpoint me, when was it THAT obvious that Fuutarou developed romantic feelings for her or she is undoubtedly has the best chances? Yup, Negi has spectacularly failed.
Old 2020-01-19, 14:49   Link #5114
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
And the series ends with Fuu marrying the surviving Quint and the last Quint calls herself "Rena" since she can't remember who she was and Fuu is too incompetent to tell who she was, and the one who can tell the quint apart, their grandfather just passed away before the accident take place.
Such deceiving grandfather, if I must say.

Recognized through love? Really? He must be forgot back then he also recognized Yotsuba first by looking at how she's bad at lying.

Old 2020-01-19, 15:18   Link #5115
Chosen_Hero

^Just reading that chapter you can see that she literally gave herself up, all that was left was for her to outright tell him that she was Yotsuba, he didn't recognize her at all. Even worse is that Fuutarou clearly knows he didn't and that the first he recognized was Miku, to the point that he even bragged about it, and now all of a sudden it was actually Yotsuba? How?

Personally, I don't hate Yotsuba, I am just pissed off at Negi for pulling this crap, but the more he tries to make her look good the more resentful I grow of her and that's not a good cycle to put your readers through.

-----

So if you go to chapter 81 you can clearly see the difference between how Nino is treating Yotsuba to how she would have treated Ichika or Miku if they had been chosen. She recognizes that Miku has been putting a lot of effort and that, until that point, Ichika had also been trying and she was fine with losing to one of them. By comparison, Yotsuba never gained that kind of romantic rival respect from her because Nino knows that she wasn't putting as much effort as the three of them and that coupled with Yotsuba just wanting them to give her their blessings no questions asked gives a good idea as to why Nino is acting like this currently.

Seriously, just re-read chapter 81 and I am sure you can get a lot of meaningful stuff out of it, especially as to why people are not happy with Yotsuba winning. For example, in that same chapter Yotsuba is the one that ruined the confession (whether she wanted to or not) but got off scott free and was rewarded with spending time with Fuutarou.

You can also see that Fuutarou clearly remembers Scrambled Eggs properly and that he recognizes that Miku was in love with him. He also chastises Yotsuba for the usual and she responds with a boo hoo pity me line (she seriously does that a lot around Fuutarou) and more just on the first half. That first half of the chapter reads like it was written entirely different writer than the one writing the current chapters.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2020-01-19 at 15:41.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 15:42   Link #5116
WingedAccelerator

Yotsuba was the second favorite for the majority of readers for a good reason. She was tied with Miku when it comes to me for a long time. Unfortunately, Negi decided to gain the approval of the readers via flashbacks for her win instead of development, which cemented support for her, because she suffered the most. Or that's how the fans perceived it and wanted Negi to make her happy. I don't hate her either, but I can't say she is my second favorite now, and what I predicted about Fuutarou and her becoming hated more and more thanks to Negi's writing is slowly, but surely becomes a reality, if they are not in the bottom already.
Old 2020-01-19, 17:01   Link #5117

Are they becoming hated, though? I'm sure it all can be chalked up as fans of losers being mad their waifus didn't win.

I've been hanging out on a Nino board on a chinese forum because it might be the only place left where her fans can gather to talk how much they like her without being shat on (not counting occasional raids from Yotsuba fans), but the general toubun board there is a shitshow. Anyone who criticizes Yotsuba or Negi gets their post deleted or straigh up banned. Last week there was a huge thread shitting on Nino because she said Yotsuba didn't do anything, this week they're mad at Itsuki for daring to have her own feelings and not being Yotsuba's wingwoman through and through.
I only go there to see if the spoilers are up and not being able to read chinese is a blessing since I can choose what I want to google translate and not have to see comments saying that Nino should keep it low because Yotsuba would murder her in a fight.
Dunno if it's the same in other places since I'm avoiding 4chan and reddit to keep my sanity intact.
Japanese fans raley complain on twitter, but today I've seen someone saying that toubun is like a game of Mario Kart and Yotsuba got a Bullet Bill just before the finish line.
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 17:50   Link #5118
WingedAccelerator

It can be chalked up, yes, but neutral fans don't really exist either in my opinion.
Chapter 115 starts with a misdirection. If that would have been a Fuutarou-Yotsuba date, then Negi would have quickly put out majority of the backclash by showing the diabetes inducing stuff with the choice. But he didn't. Instead Fuutarou, who ages ago had some sort of character, can't even bear to say "Suki" and has to practice telling it to a tanuki statue. This is not cute, it's pathetic. Then his other half, Yotsuba overcomplicates things for no reason, because apparently Chapter 112 meant nothing, nor all of the pep talks she has gotten. Half or close to half of the final volume is over, and the main couple did absolutely nothing praiseworthy, or did absolutely nothing where I should feel happy about them and think that my disappointment is slowly vanishing. No, I get more and more disappointed by each passing chapter. Hate maybe is a poor word choice on my part, but oh, man, they are so not gonna get appreciated if Negi continues his bullshit.
Old 2020-01-19, 18:16   Link #5119
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To be fair with the Japanese fans, Yotsuba has always been "the girl who always runs away" to them.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-19, 18:21   Link #5120
Chosen_Hero

^^^Just saying but don't go to the Go-toubun reddit, I went there for the first time ever as the choice was made and it got take over by the Yotsuba fanboys and any criticism against her or the choice was silenced in heartbeat, no matter how well thought out it may have been. Let's just say that I haven't been back there since.

And that's all I will say about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
To be fair with the Japanese fans, Yotsuba has always been "the girl who always runs away" to them.
Pretty fitting since that's about the only thing you can say about her character even at this point.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck