AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-20, 18:29   Link #5441
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wait let me get this straight, the Author made a time-skip and because most of the sisters look alike, he just showed a slightly older version of the sisters to skip with all the drama and heartbreaks etc etc?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-20, 18:38   Link #5442
amasposu

100% end. 😲
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-21, 03:59   Link #5443
usspaul

well while i dropped the manga along time ago due to seeing that it was heading towards a itsuki yots route i still frequent this thread to read the discusions here. so now that this manga is over i will miss reading all the post from this thread and wish you all the best
Old 2020-02-21, 04:45   Link #5444
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Could there be an epilogue when the last volume comes out? The times of hopes, speculations and disappointments might not be over yet.
There is no official page count yet for the final volume, but a leak claims it will be 212 pages long. I counted 199 pages for the last volume, however the total page count includes material outside of the chapters like the front cover, inside cover, table of contents, character biographies, credits etc. Usually it ups the page count by 10-14 pages. If the leak is proven to be true, it's either nothing or 2-4 pages at max, but I would hardly call that an epilogue. The leak could be proven fake or Negi could announce a monthly, 1 volume long spin-off epilogue/after story like what Masamune and Kuzu no Honkai did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Wait let me get this straight, the Author made a time-skip and because most of the sisters look alike, he just showed a slightly older version of the sisters to skip with all the drama and heartbreaks etc etc?
THIS is what happened.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-02, 19:26   Link #5445
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Way to go Negi, now that's how you conclude this masterclass of a story... I'm definitely never reading another manga from this guy ever again.

Not gonna lie, it's a damn good thing that I lost interest in this when I did because if I didn't, I'd probably be even more pissed than I was at the Masamune-kun ending. That says a lot...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-02, 23:46   Link #5446
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Way to go Negi, now that's how you conclude this masterclass of a story... I'm definitely never reading another manga from this guy ever again.

Not gonna lie, it's a damn good thing that I lost interest in this when I did because if I didn't, I'd probably be even more pissed than I was at the Masamune-kun ending. That says a lot...
Lucky you, I finished both and was disappointed in the ends of both.
Snowbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-06, 07:36   Link #5447
Sixth
Hu Tao

Negi may not be your favorite author, but at least we know that he wasn't a spineless coward when it comes to writing an ending for a romance genre manga.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-06, 07:43   Link #5448
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^To me, both recent romcom were major disappointment
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-06, 14:11   Link #5449
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^To me, both recent romcom were major disappointment
Exactly. Think about it.
  • In Masamune's Revenge, he spent all this time trying to get back at her only to fall in love with his co-conspirator and she fall in love with him after the truth of her involvement in his trauma? That was a great turn and it took only one chapter to overturn that.
  • In this one, we had someone who clearly fell for him as he is now, without the context of his past crush. And she went forward to make herself something. Instead, the MC chooses the girl with the least interaction because she was past girl? The best example was the bells arc when he discerned Miku from the rest without anything but just knowing it. And after that, they just threw it away.
They both had the potential and both squandered it.
Old 2020-03-06, 19:58   Link #5450
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Don't forget about Bokuben. That also didn't go favorable to some.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-07, 00:04   Link #5451
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Don't forget about Bokuben. That also didn't go favorable to some.
At least it wasn't first girl.
Old 2020-03-07, 03:20   Link #5452
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbold View Post
Exactly. Think about it.
  • In Masamune's Revenge, he spent all this time trying to get back at her only to fall in love with his co-conspirator and she fall in love with him after the truth of her involvement in his trauma? That was a great turn and it took only one chapter to overturn that.
  • In this one, we had someone who clearly fell for him as he is now, without the context of his past crush. And she went forward to make herself something. Instead, the MC chooses the girl with the least interaction because she was past girl? The best example was the bells arc when he discerned Miku from the rest without anything but just knowing it. And after that, they just threw it away.
They both had the potential and both squandered it.
Sorry, but nothing beats the shitty ending of Masamune.

Yotsuba may not have been the best choice but at least Negi has the decently to stick to her after he made Fuutarou pick her. Masamune author played a pretty cheap trick and misled us until the VERY LAST chapter. That shit was cheap, distasteful and pathetic.

Also, this is just my thing, but I kinda lost interest in Miku after I felt Negi was just trying to make her another Nino.
By the end I was rooting for Yotsuba.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-07, 03:40   Link #5453
WingedAccelerator

Since the thread got bumped, I may as well say that despite the fact that I anticipated Yotsuba's character book to do well, or to the the best, it didn't even break 100k in two weeks. Thus, the current sales is most likely the last data we will have about it. Miku is in the lead with 131.8k, then Ichika and Nino are pretty much toe-to-toe with 112.7k and 112.4k, only then comes Yotsuba with 96.3k. I thought for sure the readers will be more interested in Negi's thoughts and excuses about her, guess it's not the case, and I can't blame them.

I'm not in the mood to debate anymore, but never understood the complaint that Miku became another Nino. I took it as another "obligatory" complaint about the fan favorite. Chapter 97 and the festival is a great example about how generally Nino and Miku tackles things, not to mention post Chapter 114. Miku getting more confidence resulted in sudden emotional actions like the living room confession, the hug, even the pool chapter. Just because she was aggressive there, when she had no problem taking off her tights in front of Fuutarou's presence, she is another Nino. Logic. Or the cooking. Nino wanted to open her own place. Miku wanted to study cooking. Yet, it's the former that only decided to follow the latter last minute, because Negi was an ass that shitted on Nino left and right, so may as well fuck her character development as well.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2020-03-07 at 03:52.
Old 2020-03-07, 03:49   Link #5454
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Since the thread got bumped, I may as well say that despite the fact that I anticipated Yotsuba's character book to do well, or to the the best, it didn't even break 100k in two weeks. Thus, the current sales is most likely the last data we will have about it. Miku is in the lead with 131.8k, then Ichika and Nino are pretty much toe-to-toe with 112.7k and 112.4k, only then comes Yotsuba with 96.3k. I thought for sure the readers will be more interested in Negi's thoughts and excuses about her, guess it's not the case, and I can't blame them.
Yeah, no one cares. Cause there is no excuse he can make to justify two much better options (Miku & Nino) and a third option (Ichika) that was better but would have drawn ire too.
Old 2020-03-07, 03:51   Link #5455
RDNexus

Itsuki hasn't gotten a book? Or might've been planned to go after Yotsuba's?
If it's the 2nd possibility, then it seems to me she may not even get that...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-07, 03:54   Link #5456
WingedAccelerator

Itsuki's book releases in the 17th of March. The last volume will be out a month later.
Old 2020-03-07, 04:18   Link #5457
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Sorry, but nothing beats the shitty ending of Masamune.

Yotsuba may not have been the best choice but at least Negi has the decently to stick to her after he made Fuutarou pick her. Masamune author played a pretty cheap trick and misled us until the VERY LAST chapter. That shit was cheap, distasteful and pathetic.

Also, this is just my thing, but I kinda lost interest in Miku after I felt Negi was just trying to make her another Nino.
By the end I was rooting for Yotsuba.
Idk man, I feel as tho if I had stayed invested, Go-Toubun's ending may have somehow pissed me off more tbh. Just the fact that Yotsuba didn't try AT ALL throughout the entire manga and still somehow won, is infuriating to think about.

I agree that the Masamune ending was incredibly cheap and the bait and switch that the author pulled was done in poor taste as well, but at the very least, Aki was no Yotsuba.

Both series are examples of manga with a lot of potential that authors royally fucked up because they can't fathom what it means to be "coherent". As for which is worse between the two, I feel as tho Go-Toubun is slightly worse because the girl that won, did absolutely nothing to earn her win... At least Aki still did something.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-18, 09:19   Link #5458
WingedAccelerator

This is supposedly from Itsuki's character book:
https://i.imgur.com/m1QO68S.jpg
"I try to treat all sisters as equal as possible. But there was an exception for Itsuki. Since she was the first who met Fuutarou she didn't participate in love battle. But in the end she might realize something..."

Is this accurate, or the translator is trolling?
I have already said that people are entitled to be happy for the first girl trope to be broken, but it's a hollow victory if said first girl was deliberately wasn't allowed to particiapte and only was used as the main heroine bait.
Old 2020-03-18, 11:36   Link #5459
bastek66

Funny things are in tags: dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck
Old 2020-03-18, 12:28   Link #5460
Snowbold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Funny things are in tags: dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck
Sounds about right.

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck