AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-08, 22:27   Link #23261
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
Thanks for the nice comments. I'm still working on the story itself. Also...what's a rebuilt?
A rebuild is when we take an old profile and, well, rebuild it to be bigger, better, stronger...

Or in Kha's case, more cracky.

The term comes from the "Rebuilt Profiles" of the StrikerS cast that Kha made for his intended magnum opus Rebuilt of StrikerS, and the name has pretty much been adopted to referr to taking an OC profile and fixing it. For a less cracky example, compare Franz Jaerger's original profile and the rebuilt profile for MSLN Alpha.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-08, 22:36   Link #23262
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Post song ATM: Paradise ~ Deep Mountain [C.C.LIVE] (COOL&CREATE ~ Touhou Strike)

Finally, after suffering myself through the fire and flame....

------------

LYRICAL OF TIME REPRISE
JACKSON ARMSTRONG

Spoiler for introduction:

Spoiler for history:

Spoiler for personal information:

Spoiler for power:

-----------

talk about manly massive rebuilt.

Anyway, in cause of you people wondering who the heck Kagura is, here's an image.
Spoiler:

Maybe I should come up with her own profile.

*runs from Youmu Konpaku*

Last edited by USB500; 2008-04-08 at 23:57.
Old 2008-04-08, 22:52   Link #23263
Wibbles
Better than you.

Idea list part two:

-More on the Church of Velka (specifically the past saints and knights, and any legacies they may have left behind).
-Carim's prophecy cards, and any predictions that she may have made.
-Lost Logia hidden on Earth, and conflicts with others searching for them.
-Unison Devices that have been scattered about the universe.
-Summons (ones that require a contract, a la Tales of Symphonia).
-Mass Project Fate abuse (clones, clones, clones).
-->Using Project Fate to clone people who are still alive (what would happen?).
-Level 2 linker cores.

More to come.
Old 2008-04-08, 23:26   Link #23264
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Alright, I'm just starting to write the storyline...this is my first time creating one so it cant be helped if it may seem stupid.
OK, I like base setup work myself.

Quote:
One year and seven months later, TSAB not only found out that Jail Scaglietti was working for the TSAB High Council who supported them financially…TSAB also discovered that the ones that provided the necessary material for Scagliettie’s inventions was none other than the Aldian Kingdom. The new High Council confronted the Aldian King about the issue and accused him of violating the treaty for not giving them any information in regards of the materials that was shipped secretly. The King defended himself by saying that the even though the rest of the TSAB ranks didn’t know of the business transaction that he had with the former three High Councils, it doesn’t change the fact that Aldia made deals with TSAB officials. In addition, he DID inform the TSAB about the shipment records since the former High Council members knew about it and was not his fault that the three of them kept it as a secret. The High Council stated that they were supposed to send the data to the Interdimensional Trading Agency of Midchilda and not directly to the former High Councils.

The arguments on the issue lasted three months and escalated to the point where the Aldian Kingdom stopped supplying TSAB with the materials they need. TSAB now had no other choice but to rely heavily on smaller kingdoms for supplies.
The setup is questionable. First, no matter what the legal technicalities of the matter, why did the King of Aldia agree to what is quite clearly a rather shady deal at best?

Second, this is a negotiation between a multi-world government and the ruler of a fraction of a planet. Given the power chasm, legalities are just a facemask for "might makes right". Basically, the Aldians will quickly pay heavy reparations and apologies. If they get cheeky, it seems they hold a great share, but not all the resources the TSAB needs, so what will happen is that the TSAB will simply crush the Aldians with sheer numbers to ensure its strategic interests. If they are too tactically incompetent to win a ground war, they'll just bombard them out of existence with space superiority and then land to take over the mines. Especially the TSAB of this OC group, who have invaded a whole planet over much less - search for the Subjugation of Erusia. I suppose your story is supposed to fit somewhere in this OC world, so...

Alternatively, in the extremely unlikely event they have the TSAB on the ropes due to their hold on supplies, the TSAB will just choke down the issue - at least for now, until they stockpile enough that things return to the above scenario.

Quote:
Due to lack of materials, many research and weapons development programs in the TSAB progressed slowly. A month later, the Aldian Kingdom found out that the Kingdom of Orthia has been hiding some of the rebels that planned to overthrow the Aldian King a year and eleven months ago. The Aldian King demanded for the rebels to be handed over; however, the Orthian Kingdom refused since the Aldians that they hid were just the families of those who planned the rebellion. In addition, those people have become citizens of Orthia itself. However, the Aldian King could careless. Thus he sent 2045 troops, 504 tanks and 30 Aldian Knights in the borders of Orthia. It seems war was inevitable. As they cross the border, they saw 3,025 Orthian Troops approaching…much to their surprise…the TSAB ground forces were there as well. After 6 hours, the battle commenced and lasted for 2 days. The battled ended with the Victory of the Aldians. The presence of the Aldian Knights contributed greatly into their success. The Orthians in the other hand lost 2,733 of its troops and the TSAB ground forces lost many of its tanks and mages.
So, of 2045 troops, at least 1512 of them were tankers (assuming 3 man tank crews) and there's only a battalion of infantry? The combined-arms balance of the unit is ... questionable, not to mention the small size of the unit meant to take over a whole Kingdom...

Also, it is exceedingly idiotic for the Aldian commander to have attacked in the face of TSAB troops. Not that he can't win tactically, if he has those Knights and so many tanks on his side versus TSAB Ground Troops (well, we all saw them). But he's literally begging for his country to be dismembered.

Finally, what did the Aldian commander do after he wins (and reorganizes his forces)? Does he continue to advance as the van of an invasion? Or is this ultimately a punitive border incident to try and convince the Orthians to hand over the Rebels (which is more reasonable considering the use of only 2000 troops)...

Quote:
Since the Orthia is one of the few kingdoms that supplied the TSAB with the materials they need; they had to protect it. Another thing that bothered the TSAB the most was the reports from its allied kingdoms in Corsel regarding the Aldian Kingdom’s possible involvement in human experiments and researches that was banned by the TSAB.. The TSAB also received reports that the Aldian Army has been increased more than the allowed amount. As a result, TSAB sent their only newly developed ship, Varuna. They then assigned Admiral Chrono Harlaown as its captain and was accompanied by Enforcers Fate T. Harlaown and Teana Lanster to investigate if the reports were true. In addition, in order to strengthen their forces in Orthia, TSAB sent Signum as well as the 97-109th Battalion.
So, they've deployed in Divisional Strength at Orthia, but they aren't thinking about just attacking the clearly rebellious Aldians? And they are sending precisely 2 people into Aldia? Why only one ship? And why take Chrono off Claudia? Is Varuna's combat coefficient that much higher, enough to cover for the loss due to inexperience with the new ship and crew?

Frankly, after what happens above, "possible involvement in human experiments" is nothing. It is no longer a "police matter". It is a national security and territorial integrity matter.

What we should be seeing is a frantic buildup by the TSAB at Orthia, assembling a force that will overmatch any force the Aldians could have expanded to, in preparation of an invasion. As part of the recce effort, Fate and Teana might be two of hundreds of people infiltrating into Aldia.

Alternatively (or in addition), they should be airdropping entire companies and battalions in a surprise attack on the King (to dispose him).

Quote:
During their investigations, Fate and Teana found out that the Aldian Kingdom’s military force was bigger than the treaty allows.
Oh, they found out something that was known already? What's below is OK, but the base setup needs work. The Aldians pushed way too far up there for your response to be appropriate. For example, if they didn't have that row with the TSAB, and only had the suspicion of possible involvmenet in human experiments, then your scenario is OK.
Old 2008-04-08, 23:43   Link #23265
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimitedEternal View Post
What exactly is "biometal" anyway???
Some handwavium metal that tricks biological components to recognize it as one of them instead of attacking it.

Quote:
Wait, he's that fanatic Black Hand guy, right? *LE has finally gotten around to playing the campaign* :3
An Australian, and a Aboriginal Australian at that. Talk about turning things around completely.

Quote:
The Black Hand don't need stealth...they have FIRE.:3
Quote:
That really is an amazing coincidence...two fictional Wolkies, both bearing a lance named Gungnir...then again, it is the most overused name for a lance out there.
Watches Tesla chase LE around for calling her cliche.

Sorry, sorry, culdn't resist again...

Quote:
Aaaaaaaaaaaand right on cue, Kha goes lovestruck. :3
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibbles View Post
-Mass Project Fate abuse (clones, clones, clones).
-->Using Project Fate to clone people who are still alive (what would happen?).
Imagines a tank full of Fates, then activating them, then all of them explode, like Rei.

NOOOOOOOOOO......
Old 2008-04-08, 23:51   Link #23266
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Imagines a tank full of Fates, then activating them, then all of them explode, like Rei.
I'll see your tank o' Fate, and raise you Big Honkin' Lilith!Fate!

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-04-08, 23:53   Link #23267
Tormenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
S

NOOOOOOOOOO......
*sees big red button with bigger letters saying Do Not Press*

*presses*

Oops. There goes Kha's dream harem of 101 Fates.

That aside, Project F abuse has already been thought of, one of my characters figuring prominently in the events to come.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-04-09, 00:21   Link #23268
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I was actually detesting having so many Fates...

And in other news...

It all makes sense! Skane's manipulation of Jail, even to the latter's failure, was all according to plan! Skane's return... The insurrection in the Yellow Zone... Brother Marcius' defection and his retrieval of the Sankt Kaiser's parchment for Jail's Vivio... The passing of the High Council... The rise of Director Boyle...

It can only mean one thing.

The Cradle's destruction was no accident. It's gravity shockwave was a signal. To bring the promise of Belkanite. And also the Spawn to clear the way for ascension...

One vision, One purpose...

Peace Through Power!!!

*RUNS AT LUDICRIOUS SPEED OF TIME*

Last edited by Kha; 2008-04-09 at 00:36.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:23   Link #23269
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... WHAT KIND OF PROFILES AM I SEEING HERE?!?!?! FILLED WITH MUCH EYECANDY AND WIN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Alright, time for a double release :3

Spoiler for Himemiya Chikane:

Spoiler for Kurusugawa Himeko:
So Cinderella doesn't have a prince here, but a princess through fate? And HAWT MIKO TWINS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!

*dodges*

Anyway, nice twist to see how they basically share the same spells, waiting to see these two in action =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Name: Evangeline "Tsurugi" Kamishiro
[/spoiler]
And Sasword Evangeline ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!

Kinda rough backstory there... but then again what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and Evangeline despite her history seems to have turned out into one fine asskicking lady

*ehem*

Quote:
I was told by other members that its ok to post my own version of Fate and so...here it is...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

From the top: Ginga, Lanos, Fate, and Asclei

Spoiler:

*Fate...drenched due to the rain....*
Asclei:....this is not good...

(I'll add more info later)

WHAT KIND OF WINNING FATE IS THIS?!?!?!?!

It may not have color, but redrawn Fate in Sonic Form WINS, and wet Fate is

Quote:
But them girls are hawt damn daemons. I'm just waiting for Lowe to jump in and comment on the pictures.
Oh I already have... I provided them

Quote:
I just realized something. Tacticians are those who think on the spot, and plan on the fly I believe.

A strategist is one who plans well in advanced.

Between Tesla and Keroko, Tesla's the strategist, and Keroko's the tactician :3
As Mirificus already explained, the difference between tactics and strategy is scope and scale, not in anyway related to any individual person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazgkhull
Edit:
Oh and something I need to point out: I've given Rue a face lift. And here is the result:

Spoiler for Rue's New Image:

Now all we need is some hawt Rue/Vivio/Syn action

*RUNS FASTER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post

------------

LYRICAL OF TIME REPRISE
JACKSON ARMSTRONG

Spoiler for history:

Spoiler for power:

-----------

talk about manly massive rebuilt.

Anyway, in cause of you people wondering who the heck Kagura is, here's an image.
Spoiler:

Nice Rebuild of our resident AKU WO TATSU TSURUGI there... though not only did you make his connection with Elz- erh Maxim more concrete (thank you ), but also gave him a device named... GRUNGUST?!?!?!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2008-04-09, 00:30   Link #23270
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

And to keep up the crack...

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Rebuilt
Skane’s Wrath

“The time has come, my son.”

Did I just create an expansion set for Rebuilt of StrikerS...?
Old 2008-04-09, 01:20   Link #23271
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Alright, time for a double release :3

Spoiler for Himemiya Chikane:

Spoiler for Kurusugawa Himeko:
Can this be hot yuri twin miko action intimate sisterly love relationship?

Well, never expected to see them here. but please provide more of their story!

===========

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So Cinderella doesn't have a prince here, but a princess through fate? And HAWT MIKO TWINS FTMFW!!!!!!!!!!!

*dodges*
Comrades! We shall assemble our might for the love of the shrine maidens!!! Let us hold hands and-

*is killed by strayed GN Oar*

Quote:
And Sasword Evangeline ARRIVES!!!!!!!!!

Kinda rough backstory there... but then again what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and Evangeline despite her history seems to have turned out into one fine asskicking lady

*ehem*
Indeed. Evangeline is made of love and-

*sees Sakuya-san eyeing him*

Ahem. Pardon me.

Quote:
Nice Rebuild of our resident AKU WO TATSU TSURUGI there... though not only did you make his connection with Elz- erh Maxim more concrete (thank you ), but also gave him a device named... GRUNGUST?!?!?!
Well, Maxim needs more spotlights to show us he isn't the Mysterious Gourmet for nothing. Besides the idea just came on the spot while working on this rebuild.

*is overriden by Trombe!*

Judging by how I based their expedition on OGS' pre-episode 37 events, it's safe to assume that we can expect an epic Bushin Souko entry.

*runs*

Now I need to do something on Armstrong's ghostly familiar.
Old 2008-04-09, 01:24   Link #23272
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Wha-what the? Bushin Souko? EPIC DYNAMIC ENTRY?!

BUSHIN SOUKO NO CHIKARAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-09, 01:28   Link #23273
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Oh gawd, today's events have turned really bad. Both the IRC and the OC threads, plus Goose, are infected with Belkanite.
Old 2008-04-09, 01:36   Link #23274
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Oh gawd, today's events have turned really bad. Both the IRC and the OC threads, plus Goose, are infected with Belkanite.
Define bad. I've been gone for the last 2 hours studying :3
Old 2008-04-09, 01:37   Link #23275
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Define bad. I've been gone for the last 2 hours studying :3
Ah, I see Peace Through Power in practice.

I've just played through the campaign and I at the implications... And the timing of events are impeccable...!!!

Yup lots of crack happening. I better don't write Rebuilt for a while more.

Last edited by Kha; 2008-04-09 at 02:09.
Old 2008-04-09, 02:31   Link #23276
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post

Name: Evangeline "Tsurugi" Kamishiro
TSAB Rank: 1st Lieutenant
Birthday: June 25 MC 053
Place of Birth: Administered Planet 58
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 52 kg
Eye Color: Lavender (floral)
Hair Color: Lavender (floral)
Mage Rank: A-
Magic Type: Neo-Belka
Magic Color: Purple
Magic Specialization: Physical
Combat Specialization: Close- and Mid-range Combat

Device Name: SaSword
Device Type: Armed
Device Primary Structure: Ninjato
Device Storage Form: Amethyst scorpion pendant
Device Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Personality

Spoiler for For Length:

Appearance

Spoiler for For Length:

Barrier Jacket

Spoiler for For Length:

Background

Spoiler for For Length:
Wow!

Thats some great stuff!

Quote:
I was told by other members that its ok to post my own version of Fate and so...here it is...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Name: Fate T. Harlaown
Mage Rank: SS
Barrier Jacket: Sonic EXA Form and Plasma Form
Device: Bardiche Riot Form and Bardiche Delta Zanber Form

When TSAB sent Fate T. Harlaown and Teana Lanster to investigate a research facility in the Aldian Kingdom, two Aldian Knights intercepted them during their mission. The battle ended with neither side losing. After seeing Fate’s Sonic Form and the Zanber form’s capabilities, the Aldian Knights decided to pull out. After, the King found out that the TSAB has taken a hold of one of the researchers and some of the research documents; he ordered Asclei and Lanos to retrieve it by all means. As Asclei and Lanos approached TSAB’s newly developed ship Varuna, Fate and Teana faced them while Chrono prepared Varuna for escape. The battle lasted 5 minutes and ended with Asclei and Lanos being captured.

Spoiler:

From the top: Ginga, Lanos, Fate, and Asclei

Spoiler:

*Fate...drenched due to the rain....*
Asclei:....this is not good...

(I'll add more info later)
I love the pics! You really have a lot of skill!

Quote:
Spoiler for Rue's New Image:

Quote:

------------

LYRICAL OF TIME REPRISE
JACKSON ARMSTRONG

Spoiler for history:

Spoiler for power:
HOLY SHIT That's friggn' awsome!

Quote:
Spoiler:

Quote:
And to keep up the crack...

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Rebuilt
Skane’s Wrath

“The time has come, my son.”

Did I just create an expansion set for Rebuilt of StrikerS...?
Old 2008-04-09, 05:16   Link #23277
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Regarding the Subjugation of Erusia, a brief precis is as follows: 25 years before StrikerS, MC 0050, the TSAB encountered a planet named Erusia, along with its sister planet Sotoa, who were using a refurbished formerly derelict lost TSAB cruiser as their flagship. The Erusians were friendly people, and were quite willing to join the TSAB peacefully... until they shot the negotiating party dead.

The reason? A translation screwup: the word used to translate "Administered" (as in Administered World) sounded like "Enslavement" in Erusian. Horrified and appalled, the Erusians slaughtered the negotiating party and blew the crap out of the TSAB's 6-ship peace fleet (4 ships destroyed, 2 badly damaged before escaping). The TSAB then spent 5 years preparing a punitive expedition and invasion to teach these backwater upstarts a lesson, the implementation of hardliner policy set by hawks in the TSAB.

The invasion didn't go as planned for either party; the space battle took 7 hours to finish (resulting in the near-total destruction of the Erusian Space Navy's warfighting ability and heavy TSAB losses), followed by orbital strikes into Erusian military bases and strongholds. Once that was complete, the invasion began - The Erusia Invasion Force landed in the Whiskey Corridor desert outside Farbanti, the planetary capital of Erusia, while the Sotoa Invasion Force landed in the Steir Highlands of Sotoa, Erusia's sister planet, poised to take the Sotoan capital of Cinigrad. With a force of 300,000 mages per planet, a mix of Ground Forces, Air Force, Navy and Enforcers, it was thought that the planets would be pacified within a month at least.

What happened was that the TSAB forces suffered many early defeats, unused to fighting opponents who used conventional weapons, until they began slowly adapting; the Battle of North Point is something the TSAB would rather not remember anytime soon: the city's defenders turned it into a massive fortress, ambush haven and a sniper's wet dream come true (essentially Battle of Stalingrad + Mosul + IEDs + OPFOR by Marines and Army and Special Forces).

1 1/2 years to 2 years into the war, however, the TSAB had begun securing cities and pacifying both planets (especially after a mage surge that taxed the TSAB's resources) and was pretty much winning the hearts and minds battle with Erusian civillians.

So a TSAB response to -Fate-'s senario.... on the heavy side, we have the Subjugation of Erusia. On the other hand the Subjugation pretty much soured the TSAB on large scale invasion operations, given the massive costs involved.... or did it? <.<

...this reminds me I need to get back to that political-ish look at post-Erusian War TSAB (TSAB archives refer to the War as the Subjugation of Erusia, but Erusians refer to it as the Erusian War)....aaaaaaand I'm rambling again).

...this senario sounds like a job for.... <.< SG-1!

/me remembers that SG-1 has been put on a bus

Well, damn. >.>

@USB: Sanshiro KITAMURA?! The GOD OF GESPENST?!?! MUSTAHIL! :worship:

...wait hang on we need to discuss this in IRC. <.<

I believe in miracles.

Old 2008-04-09, 05:30   Link #23278
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

TSAB might've needed a Vietnam, or if the EWar was one, then a bigger one. And not like the US learned much from Nam or Iraq either, other than tech. >.>
Old 2008-04-09, 05:39   Link #23279
Jimmy C

Kha, the US learned plenty from Vietnam. Ask Saddam, who got his ass kicked twice.
I've got a war for the Bureau, it's been ongoing for over 30 years. Unlike Eurasia, this aggressor civilization had a century of experience in transdimensional exploration and combat by the time the met the Bureau. They also had the fleets to match them.
Old 2008-04-09, 05:55   Link #23280
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I believe no country should have the right to impose on another, so pardon my anti-US-&-radical-militancy-ness.