AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-12-30, 15:58   Link #4641
~Ayane~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Seconded. And Rika
thirded

Spoiler for Ep6:
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 16:03   Link #4642
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
At 24:00, only Erika, George, Jessica, Maria, Nanjo, Gohda, and Kumasawa existed outside the mansion!

So "exist" is limited to Rokkenjima, and Erika can be an ordinary person who died naturally in eps. 1-4.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 17:06   Link #4643
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
At 24:00, only Erika, George, Jessica, Maria, Nanjo, Gohda, and Kumasawa existed outside the mansion!

So "exist" is limited to Rokkenjima, and Erika can be an ordinary person who died naturally in eps. 1-4.
Spoiler for Episode 6:

Spoiler for Ryukishi's Dirty Trick?:

Time to start reading episode 6...
Old 2009-12-30, 17:57   Link #4644
lucifaitre

Hey, what's up you guys?

What if Battler is the boy that fell off the cliff 19 years ago and is the unintentional mastermind.
What if Battler found out about that accident and how the Ushiromiya covered it up, leading to his separation from the family?

What if Battler's Sin from 6 years ago was that he unintentionally corrupted one of the furniture by telling her that the Ushiromiya cared nothing about them and how they could be killed and no one would know about it?

We all know how passionate and persuasive Battler can be.

What if the woman who fell down and died was the mother of the furniture, and after the woman's death, the furniture was placed into the orphanage by the father, then was later hired by the Ushiromiya?

What if the corrupted furniture's alter ego is the Culprit and her other alter ego, which she only shows to Battler to get him to remember, is Beatrice?

Deleted

Last edited by lucifaitre; 2009-12-30 at 18:19.
lucifaitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 18:05   Link #4645
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifaitre View Post

Only Shannon knows that Natshuhi's favorite season is fall.
Actually, the red text is Natsuhi never told anyone besides Shannon that she liked Fall.

If Shannon happened to tell anyone else, then there are other people who know.
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 18:16   Link #4646
lucifaitre

Oh, yes, you're right. I remembered it wrong. It makes more sense that way. There was some other reason Shannon was suspicious. I'll post when I remember, but I don't mean to say that only Shannon can be the Culprit.
lucifaitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 21:18   Link #4647
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
thirded
hauu fourthed
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 21:38   Link #4648
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Hmm, when Erika said that she confirmed Battler's alibi by listening to his room for the entire night, that isn't really any proof, is it? Battler could've drugged their food with slow-acting poison, and quietly slit their throats later. It's not like Erika has some superhuman ability or something, just that she didn't hear the cousins screaming or struggling.

And since Erika made sure that nobody goes up to the second floor by staying in the lounge, shouldn't that make it impossible for Natsuhi to be the culprit as well?
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 00:58   Link #4649
Kamar
Author Wannabe

The Knox pretty much state that if Erika is looking for a clue in the right place, she'll find it, regardless of how difficult it may be. In other words since she was listening for a murder, she'd hear it no matter how quietly it was done. Actually, IIRC this exact argument was carried out in-game with the same result.
Kamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 01:19   Link #4650
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
And since Erika made sure that nobody goes up to the second floor by staying in the lounge, shouldn't that make it impossible for Natsuhi to be the culprit as well?
She was only in the lounge starting at 1am. Before that she was in the library with Nanjo, and she verified that the cousins were alive at midnight. That's why she said the murder had to have occurred between midnight and 1am.
LyricalAura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 03:06   Link #4651
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Quote:
Hmm, when Erika said that she confirmed Battler's alibi by listening to his room for the entire night, that isn't really any proof, is it? Battler could've drugged their food with slow-acting poison, and quietly slit their throats later. It's not like Erika has some superhuman ability or something, just that she didn't hear the cousins screaming or struggling.

Woah, I just posted this yesterday, then played a few more scenes and Battler gave the exact same theory. O_O
Kirroha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 06:52   Link #4652
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
But, but, their story is already over.

Now they just seem like huge Mary Sues whenever they show up because they have absolutely no relevance to the overarching plotline.

...I'm still getting the feeling that Umineko won't end very well, given that it seems to have lost sight of its original intentions...
I'd have to agree with this. Sorry, but having new characters flood up for every single new "Episode" just doesn't cut it for me, especially when they have an extremely limited function and purpose. Why doesn't he flesh the characters he has out, instead of flooding in new ones?

My guess is that he's just not that talented a writer, and we may have set our sights too high for him in Umineko. Oh yeah, and Episode 7 will end horribly.
Workworkwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 07:28   Link #4653
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Wouldn't it be best to say such things after you at least play Ep5?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 07:56   Link #4654
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
I'd have to agree with this. Sorry, but having new characters flood up for every single new "Episode" just doesn't cut it for me, especially when they have an extremely limited function and purpose. Why doesn't he flesh the characters he has out, instead of flooding in new ones?

My guess is that he's just not that talented a writer, and we may have set our sights too high for him in Umineko. Oh yeah, and Episode 7 will end horribly.
don't you tend to complain a bit too much about everything? is there ANYTHING at all that suits your taste?

have you played EP5 yet? I thought it was going to be terrible when I read the spoilers.... now I've actually played it with the patch and it's one of my favorite episodes.... so.. try not to judge before you play....

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 08:28   Link #4655
June 1983

It's funny, but the whole time I was playing EP5 Erika kept reminding me of Workworkwork and a particular anime-only individual who frequents myanimelist.

"Third-rate!!!!"
June 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 08:31   Link #4656
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
It's funny, but the whole time I was playing EP5 Erika kept reminding me of Workworkwork and a particular anime-only individual who frequents myanimelist.

"Third-rate!!!!"
.... INDEED, HOW COULD I HAVE NOT REMEMBERED THAT?

but I doubt that

Spoiler for Erika in EP6:

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 11:30   Link #4657
AngryDango
I'm gonna wreck you

Has anyone read the tips about Dlanor?
It mentions a "Wizard-hunting Wright", and that he/she is supposedly stronger than Dlanor.
Van Dine was the pen name of Willard Huntington Wright. It's a very obvious tip, the names sound almost the same.
I think the Dine rules will play a role in Umineko.

http://gaslight.mtroyal.ca/vandine.htm
AngryDango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 11:35   Link #4658
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

If they do, Ryukishi would have to butcher them pretty heavily since he's already broken like half of them.
Old 2009-12-31, 11:47   Link #4659
AngryDango
I'm gonna wreck you

well he butchered the Knox rules so...
AngryDango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-31, 12:31   Link #4660
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I've noticed a few patterns about the murders in episodes 1-5:
Spoiler:
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote