AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-12, 22:30   Link #801
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Spoiler for game end - still noob comments:
Hm... I'd say we shouldn't take Featherine's statement at face value. To begin with, we still don't know much about the real "Beatrice". She may be completely different from Beatrice as many people have assumed, or she may not be that different. She said she created Beatrice because she couldn't love Battler any more. Why's that? We don't know.

As for Battler, he had a convo with Moetrice somewhat after the 1st Twilight. Moetrice asked him what was the answer he had reached after dealing with the previous Beatrice, which Battler found ironic, because he felt their roles had reversed (i.e. Battler knows the answer, whereas Beatrice doesn't), and he said he'd rather not tell her, because he wanted to wait for a miracle. After that, Moetrice decided not to inquire any further, but said that the Gameboard along with herself would disappear once the whole thing was over. Battler said the Gameboard would indeed disappear, but that he'd take her out of the Gameboard, because he understands magic completely now, and that was Beatrice's wish. Moetrice wonders what that wish is, and Battler replies that's why he's waiting for a miracle. After that, Battler went back to deal with Erika, and at this point Beato2 showed up. Moetrice said she'd keep on participating in Zepar's and Furfur's game, because she wanted to reach the answer Battler wants her to reach.

So, Battler can get his happy end with Beatrice, but, what would that mean, who the real Beatrice is, and other questions like that, I wouldn't know.
Old 2010-01-12, 23:05   Link #802
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Last noob question before I crawl back into my cave until the Ep.6 patch -
Do Battler and Beato kiss? Sorry for asking such a juvenile question, but I'm curious.
Old 2010-01-12, 23:16   Link #803
Used Can

No, they didn't kiss, thankfully. Honestly, they were just rebuilding their relationship, because during the first half of the game it was quite bad. The wedding during the Tea Party seriously came out of nowhere. Well, it was sort of funny to see Beatrice refer to Battler as her husband, rather than referring to him by his name. It was odd, yet funny. All the same, you could say Moetrice earned it.
Old 2010-01-12, 23:20   Link #804
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
No, they didn't kiss, thankfully. Honestly, they were just rebuilding their relationship, because during the first half of the game it was quite bad. The wedding during the Tea Party seriously came out of nowhere. Well, it was sort of funny to see Beatrice refer to Battler as her husband, rather than referring to him by his name. It was odd, yet funny.
What kind of marriage ceremony is that Oh Ryukishi, trying your hardest to not give fanservice to the shipperfags
Old 2010-01-13, 14:26   Link #805
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
But if the Egg-Beato he created grows up with exactly the same one thousand years of experiences the original Beato did, she will become exactly like her.
It's not perfect, but I find it a satisfying alternative.
The implication I got from the game is that more than "personality", Battler defines Beato by the shared memory of that mysterious "something" between the two of them. If Beato is a completely new person, then of course she shouldn't be able to remember that promise, but Battler holds out hope for a miracle that she will anyway--because then she will really be his Beato once again.

This makes sense to me, because, in a way, it is like a man waiting for his loved one with amnesia to remember him and their past together, even if the likelihood is slim to none.

I assume that is how we're supposed to read the ending as well. Moe-Beato had a severe conflict about trying to take on the mannerisms of Beato throughout the entire game, mainly because she felt like it would bring pain to Battler, because it wouldn't be authentic. For her to then become the Golden Witch at the end is a sign for us that Beato has revived in the full sense, because there is no way Moe-Beato would feel comfortable "acting" in that position. If she hadn't revived, I'm sure she would have gone to save Battler in her own way, instead of mimicking the person she called "the former me."
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-01-13, 15:39   Link #806
Xplosivv

Right, I still don't know what the hell is up with Beato at the end.

Did she:
-Get fully revived;
-Get revived with only the memories of closed rooms;
or
-Only with Troll!Beato's personality, but not her memories?
Old 2010-01-13, 20:35   Link #807
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Spoiler:

Tell me about it....
Old 2010-01-13, 20:44   Link #808
Raiza Sunozaki

I figured it says that for witches that know better, the possibility for a happy end is impossible.
But still... ah, I love shoddy translation engines.
Old 2010-01-13, 20:56   Link #809
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
I figured it says that for witches that know better, the possibility for a happy end is impossible.
But still... ah, I love shoddy translation engines.
What I was getting at was that it almost looks like it says the witches think that a lot of "gay" development will come.

I'm not sure, but it may be regional that "gay" can be used as an insulting word like "stupid" or "dumb"
Old 2010-01-13, 21:05   Link #810
Marion
The Great Dine

'Gay' being used as a slang term for homosexuality is actually somewhat recent. The original meaning of the word meant 'happy' or 'with joy', which is why you would see a lot of old poets and writers (Shakespeare for example) using the word frequently, but not meaning in terms of someone's preference.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:05   Link #811
Raiza Sunozaki

Yeah, that's probably what everyone would think first when they saw that. The question is, what side would the development happen? Since Battler/Ronove terrifies me, the first thing that comes to mind is Bern/Lamba.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:14   Link #812
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
'Gay' being used as a slang term for homosexuality is actually somewhat recent. The original meaning of the word meant 'happy' or 'with joy', which is why you would see a lot of old poets and writers (Shakespeare for example) using the word frequently, but not meaning in terms of someone's preference.
I know that. I'm just saying that gay can also be used as a slang term for something dumb or stupid.
My saying that the quote said the witches think there will be a lot of gay developments was only funny when I didn't have to explain it
Old 2010-01-13, 21:18   Link #813
Used Can

I'd like more gay development between 34 and Bern. I'd still like some Ange x Mammon, but I think that's hopeless.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:19   Link #814
Marion
The Great Dine

The only people that use the term 'gay' to mean stupid or dumb are stupid and dumb people
Old 2010-01-13, 21:21   Link #815
Raiza Sunozaki

Sorry TsundereCake, I guess I unintentionally killed your joke.
I got it right away, but in my attempt to be witty...
If it's any compensation, I saved the picture so I could show it to my other Umineko-loving friends.

@Tin Can:
I completely agree. I'm not normally one for sadistic love, but between those two... I could totally see something excellent and twisted working nicely. Hmm... the problem with Ange x Mammon is that I'm on the pro-mystery side... Falling in love with a delusion is a little... odd to me.
Old 2010-01-13, 21:29   Link #816
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:
The only people that use the term 'gay' to mean stupid or dumb are stupid and dumb people
OUCH
Agreed. I never really use the term that way, but since I hear it so often (living in California, maybe?)I am able to think of it that way when I read it in a sentence like that
Old 2010-01-13, 21:44   Link #817
LusterFlare
Lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
OUCH
Agreed. I never really use the term that way, but since I hear it so often (living in California, maybe?)I am able to think of it that way when I read it in a sentence like that
True. Though I don't hear it as often anymore...
Old 2010-01-13, 22:07   Link #818
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
If you're asking then I'm guessing you didn't play the game I'm sure Klash said before this was a discussion thread, not a spoiler thread.
Yea, but there are line-by-line spoilers of the entire game in this thread. Almost every page has at least a couple spoiler tags.

I am also curious about the logic error. It seems like the translations are getting pretty close to that part though so me and the others that depend on the translation will have to wait a little longer.
Old 2010-01-13, 22:54   Link #819
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

Quote:
Sorry TsundereCake, I guess I unintentionally killed your joke.
I got it right away, but in my attempt to be witty...
If it's any compensation, I saved the picture so I could show it to my other Umineko-loving friends.

@Tin Can:
I completely agree. I'm not normally one for sadistic love, but between those two... I could totally see something excellent and twisted working nicely. Hmm... the problem with Ange x Mammon is that I'm on the pro-mystery side... Falling in love with a delusion is a little... odd to me.
Yeah...BernxLambda is so cute. I just hope Bern isn't trolling Lambda. I love MammonxAnge too...even though there is a small chance of that actually happening and Mammon actually isn't just a delusion. But miracles do happen and Ange is the witch of resurrection...and ever if she can't live in the real world with Mammon...she can exist in the Meta world as a witch. Or something like that.
Old 2010-01-13, 23:15   Link #820
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuki Aoi Usagi View Post
Yeah...BernxLambda is so cute. I just hope Bern isn't trolling Lambda. I love MammonxAnge too...even though there is a small chance of that actually happening and Mammon actually isn't just a delusion. But miracles do happen and Ange is the witch of resurrection...and ever if she can't live in the real world with Mammon...she can exist in the Meta world as a witch. Or something like that.
Or just have AngeXBattler. That's simple too. But like some of the above posts, the romance is rather "odd" in Umineko.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Closed Thread