AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-06, 13:29   Link #1901
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcalipoca View Post
why do they need to blow the giant ship up? i still say infiltration of the ship follow by the liquidation of its passengers is in order.Its the only pausible way to stop it with all they are equip with.
Pretty sure this was mentioned...

There's a scene in ch307 which shows a human looking at the giant spider-crab-ship-whatever, turn the image upside down and you see a bunch of civilian invaders men, woman, children, and what seems to be elderly as well. Kinda natural, but foreshadows a handful of conflict points should the series lean into it (example speculation; the invaders world is destroyed, they need a new world and humanity is in the way). Either way blowing up the ship or killing its passengers means killing innocent civilians, which seems appropriate moral choice that Gantz (assuming its still a major factor, which It probably is) is forcing upon humanity and most likely the invading army (which uses similar if not the same technology as the Gantz team uses).

On the note of civilians, there's still a handful of questions or guesses on to why the invaders are capturing earths civilians. But... who knows at this stage.

The series however, is building itself to become a massive vicious cycle assuming some early points in the series weren't red herrings after all.
Old 2010-01-16, 02:24   Link #1902
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

the reason that image is upside down is because he is looking through a telescope(you prob already know that) but those people looked to me like they were the high brass in charge of this invasion. They were observing the distruction through an observation window.

I would bet that these people have invaded other planets before. They have machines that are pretty much built to destroy cities.

I wish that they would finally tell us what the heck is going on. Does anyone else remember somewhere in the first few chapters where that one kid told everyone that it was just a TV show? And then I think it was during the Onion man battle when a certain person died they were suddenly on the set of a TV show.

Maybe the mangaka decided to go a different direction since this was hundreds of chapters ago and there has not be a single mention of a TV show ever since.
Old 2010-01-16, 05:15   Link #1903
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ The tv show explaination was just a lie told by the veteran to fool the newbies into taking part in the hunt just for the money.
Old 2010-01-19, 12:11   Link #1904
Zekori

@ ch311

yep, vicious cycle alright.... somehow wasn't surprised (besides the mid-air dodging, unless their aim just really sucks), but then again this is something Gantz pretty much only cared about (The strongest). Wonder what kind the scale of morality these guys fall under this time.

10 New guys, probably "La resistance!" at this stage for all we know, and probably others around the world are doing this.... somehow think I'll wait for ch313+

Edit: Maybe it's their aim doesn't' suck, but rather they never had to really shoot at things so freaking small (like trying to shoot a fly with a magnum outside of point blank range). Assuming they are parallel/alien world Gantzers (on the assumption it is a vicious cycle) how huge were the kill-targets in their missions?!
Old 2010-01-19, 19:12   Link #1905
Xion Valkyrie

It seems like the Tokyo team are the only people who even care about trying to save people. All the other dudes just wanna look cool and stay hidden =P
Old 2010-01-20, 23:39   Link #1906
Wrath88
Kissing...

I'm thinking they accept Kurono as having passed with his skills, which is why they came out of hiding.

Originally, before I saw their appearance, I was thinking that the gravity gun had the same 'lock on' effect that Kurono did in the dinosaur fight with the X rifle. Lock on, then one shot eliminate all.
Old 2010-01-21, 03:50   Link #1907
iceyfw

the level of awesomeness keeps growing each chapter. this manga never fails to keep me in awe.
Old 2010-01-21, 04:29   Link #1908
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I'm thinking they accept Kurono as having passed with his skills, which is why they came out of hiding.

Originally, before I saw their appearance, I was thinking that the gravity gun had the same 'lock on' effect that Kurono did in the dinosaur fight with the X rifle. Lock on, then one shot eliminate all.
I dunno, I think we all know that once they face an enemy that just uber h4xes, they're all gonna die because they can't adapt and Kurono + pals are going to end up beating it.
Old 2010-01-21, 18:03   Link #1909
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
It seems like the Tokyo team are the only people who even care about trying to save people. All the other dudes just wanna look cool and stay hidden =P
Actually, that's why I said it depends on what scale of morality the new gantzers are at. For all we know they could have been seperated, waited for a team strike (at such a cliche spot too, as if he was going to kill Kurono2 so soon); since at this point taking on multiple aliens is pretty suicidal.

If they're actually pissed that humans are dying, then que the resistance. If they're not, well the series could go in many ways.

Speaking of which, where's the vampires?
Old 2010-02-02, 09:44   Link #1910
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Flash news for GANTZ Movie 2011. One of the main cast has been selected, Yoshitaka Yuriko (吉高由里子). She play in Jdramas and movies. Has a minor role in Michiko to Hatchin as Vanessa (ep 13).

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0022198
Old 2010-02-02, 12:49   Link #1911
ellifeedn
Thinker

A live action movie is being made? Something about this doesn't feel quite right.
Old 2010-02-02, 20:54   Link #1912
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
She actually stripped though.
Old 2010-02-02, 21:44   Link #1913
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
hhmmmm. dont know about a live action Gantz. so much stuff will be left out and it will also be so toned down.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:13   Link #1914
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Er... WHAT?

I can accept Dog played by Dog but this is too much.
Old 2010-02-03, 03:43   Link #1915
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypernova View Post
er... What?

I can accept dog played by dog but this is too much.
wwwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaattttttttt????????
Old 2010-02-03, 07:21   Link #1916
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
A live action movie is being made? Something about this doesn't feel quite right.
Yes, the mangaka has mentioned before. I forgot which article long time ago when "2012" movie coming out.

http://yj.shueisha.co.jp/gantzspecial/

I used to be skeptical too when manga got an adaptation to live action. But after seeing Death Note, Cashern and 20th Century Boys movies, they have changed my mind. They can do pretty cool stuffs lately. So we'll see how this goes.
Old 2010-02-03, 10:22   Link #1917
gameboy234

312 is out. Fight on ganzter! No mercy to the alien.
Old 2010-02-03, 21:07   Link #1918
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

read up to 311 last night and im on the edge of my seat cant wait for 312 now this final arc is going to be hectic.
Old 2010-02-04, 07:20   Link #1919
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
Spoiler for new chapter is full of idiots:

Last edited by Telcalipoca; 2010-02-04 at 07:27. Reason: messed up
Old 2010-02-04, 20:52   Link #1920
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telcalipoca View Post
Spoiler for new chapter is full of idiots:
oh my lord when i saw them try to do that all that was going through my head was that he is a ritard.