AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Old 2010-03-28, 18:48   Link #101
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari no Clover View Post
finished movie 1, it was absolutely amazing !!!! cant wait to see the next one !!!!!

Spoiler:
Wait for movie 2 in about 5 months time when the DVD arrives for your answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I just finished Movie 1.

Spoiler for opinions and questions:

Can someone explain these points for me?
Open up spoiler~

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 00:30   Link #102
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

So does anyone know for sure if the movie is licensed or not? Am I allowed to ask about any groups subbing the Bluray release?
fish eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 17:48   Link #103
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
So does anyone know for sure if the movie is licensed or not? Am I allowed to ask about any groups subbing the Bluray release?
It's not licensed!

So... any groups subbing this????
Old 2010-03-29, 19:20   Link #104
neshru

I just finished watching the first movie and wow... I'm completely lost. It's been some time since I've watched the TV series, but I really have no idea what is going on anymore. I had no idea what the characters were up to or why stuff was happening, and I have no idea where the story is going. Was anyone able to make something out of this movie?
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 20:29   Link #105
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not licensed!

I'm sure some are, there's already a super speed release with subs that are so-so, or you can wait for others to finish, as it's a movie (3 eps worth) it takes a lot of work and time, so wait until early April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
I just finished watching the first movie and wow... I'm completely lost. It's been some time since I've watched the TV series, but I really have no idea what is going on anymore. I had no idea what the characters were up to or why stuff was happening, and I have no idea where the story is going. Was anyone able to make something out of this movie?
Rewatch the TV series?
And besides, there's a quick summary of the series in the movie OP, so that should kinda jog your memory.
That or wait for a better sub to come out, maybe things will make more sense on a second viewing.

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-29, 21:10   Link #106
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's not licensed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
Yes, there are groups subbing ^^ I just finished watching the version from DB-gg which I find really well done so I have no complaints there.

About the movie itself... here's my opinion:

Spoiler:
Buttercup~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 05:53   Link #107
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystique View Post
Rewatch the TV series?
I'm not sure rewatching the first series would help me figuring out what's happening now. Watching this movie kinda felt like watching the fifth season of Lost. I had a pretty good grasp on the situation up until the fourth season, then I started the fifth and I was like "WTF is going on".
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 07:13   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah like many, this film seemed like a real dissapointment. It could've easily been compressed into two episodes or maybe even one, but they had to go and make a film out of it....
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 14:39   Link #109
firehawk12

Anyone dig up spoilers for the second movie?
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-30, 23:12   Link #110
Justin823

http://jphinano.wordpress.com/2010/0...t-in-paradise/ spoilers for the second movie... not overly fond of the ending : /
Justin823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 04:16   Link #111
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Ok, after reading the movie summaries on the net, I have this to say

Spoiler for movie opinion:

I am very disappointed from this title. I loved it up until the first half of the series but then it became a mess of random, irrational actions. I still give it an overall of 7 for the great animation and the likable characters. But man, it could have been so much more.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 04:19   Link #112
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

....you mean you haven't watched the films?
Old 2010-03-31, 04:53   Link #113
roriconfan
Banned

No I haven't and after reading the summaries I now don't plan to.
I got some negative reps for doing the same over at the Avatar film. So after 6 months I watched the damn thing and it was as bad as they said it would be. There is nothing I would see differently by watching them.
So please don't mind my bias as I said amnesia is a terrible plot element that I dislike just by reading about it. I wouldn't like them even if I did watch them.
I mean, come on, amnesia? It didn't even make sense. And was used as panacea. That is a triple blunder.
Old 2010-03-31, 04:58   Link #114
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
....you mean you haven't watched the films?
Sad age where people base their opinions on hearsay and throw their weight around to make it appear as truth and fact, uh?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 05:01   Link #115
roriconfan
Banned

That actually happens since the birth of the first religion but sometimes it saves you a lot of time and frustration.
I mean why do we have reviews for or why do we talk about it on sites?
Old 2010-03-31, 05:12   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
I got some negative reps for doing the same over at the Avatar film. So after 6 months I watched the damn thing and it was as bad as they said it would be. There is nothing I would see differently by watching them.
Have you considered that had you not read the summaries on the Avatar beforehand, that might have affected your enjoyment of the film?
Old 2010-03-31, 05:34   Link #117
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Have you considered that had you not read the summaries on the Avatar beforehand, that might have affected your enjoyment of the film?
It would be more unexpected but I don't know if that would make it more enjoyable. They could have just made it more hateful for all I know.
But even without the summaries, the amnesia routine present since ep.1 was enough of a damage to begin with. The later half made it even worse. And the movies I "hear" did little to explain or wrap everything in a logical or clear way. That's three strikes.

...Great fluent animation though. And loved the Oasis song.
Old 2010-03-31, 05:39   Link #118
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
That actually happens since the birth of the first religion but sometimes it saves you a lot of time and frustration.
What kind of excuse is that? If anything it just makes people comfortable in their own ignorance. I was told that Twilight books and movies are terrible but it is when I managed to read a few chapters and saw some minutes of the movie that I have decided that it is not my thing. Not because the reviews have done it for me, but because I have read enough books and seen enough movies to see the jarring flaws of Twilight.

Quote:
Reviews should never do the work for you.

As for discussions, people need to share their experience while some others need to be sure that their expectations may be met.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 07:51   Link #119
Buttercup~
<3 ice cream!

Quote:
Well people write reviews to share their opinions... not to brainwash everyone into taking their view on how good/bad something was o_O

I still think you should watch the films (probably when the second one comes out?) since you've already seen the series. It'll give you a better sense of closure and yes... you might agree with the summaries/reviews that you've read but at least you have your own basis of where those opinions come from =)
Buttercup~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-31, 09:04   Link #120
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

So blown away by it. But where is Johnny!!!!