AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-23, 17:40   Link #41
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Hmm I didn't actually notice Yuyu's phone yet. Nokias from that era are pretty indestructible. In 1000 years it'll be those and the original Game Boy left.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-23, 19:23   Link #42
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Hmm I didn't actually notice Yuyu's phone yet. Nokias from that era are pretty indestructible. In 1000 years it'll be those and the original Game Boy left.
It was shown in the ep. 1. She was checking something while they were searching for escaped Huge.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-11-03 at 05:06.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 18:19   Link #43
Dextro
He Without a Title

Maybe the 3310 is a backup weapon? Given how tough those things were they probably pack quite the punch
Old 2020-10-30, 09:19   Link #44
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 09:37   Link #45
zerodragon

yeah laid back episode with character interaction. it is nice to see yuyu is still a very nice girl after getting those drinks away to those kids. the biggest three things that still out in this episode

-the girl with the glasses being very vague of things dealing with Charms,Magia and Huge being connect to each other

-Yuyu's roommate guess on Riri's rare skill which gave off bad vibes about the roommate.

the biggest thing is at the end of the episode
Spoiler for spoiler:

the dark times for this anime is coming, looking forward the Team battle next week
Old 2020-10-30, 09:53   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
Yuyu's roommate guess on Riri's rare skill which gave off bad vibes about the roommate.
I thought the bad vibes were about Riri's skill itself, since it sounds like it brainwashes people around Riri.

Hopefully Riri can train to keep her ability disable when it's not needed.
Old 2020-10-30, 10:22   Link #47
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I thought the bad vibes were about Riri's skill itself, since it sounds like it brainwashes people around Riri.

the way she smile when she said the skill seem off, and it felt like her wording was used in a roundabout way to make it feel like the skill was bad in itself

i don't think Riri has the skill mention unless they can have more then one skill. i believe Riri's natural ability that gets people to follow her. her ability seems to deal with negative magie as Kazu-kun mention before about episode 3
Old 2020-10-30, 10:42   Link #48
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
the way she smile when she said the skill seem off, and it felt like her wording was used in a roundabout way to make it feel like the skill was bad in itself
I don't know. She made it sound bad because it's kinda bad. I mean, even if it only influences people's decisions a little bit, that alone sounds problematic in all kinds of ways.

Quote:
i believe Riri's natural ability that gets people to follow her. her ability seems to deal with negative magie as Kazu-kun mention before about episode 3
"Charisma" is described as a support and control skill. Maybe the support part is what she did in episode 3, while the control part is the brainwashing she's doing now to everyone around her. In any case, she definitely needs to put a leash on it.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2020-10-30 at 11:53.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-30, 12:29   Link #49
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I think the roommate was mostly being facetious and giving Yuyu a lifeline for being so dere. She's been solidly in edgelord mode and talking to ghosts for a long time now.

I was on the fence at first but the series continues to grow on me and all the lilies are pretty likable. Now to see how things go for the YuRi legion in combat...
Old 2020-10-30, 12:36   Link #50
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I think the roommate was mostly being facetious and giving Yuyu a lifeline for being so dere.
The skill does exist as described in additional material from the franchise. It's up in the air if Riri does have it, but she probably does considering what she did in episode 3 and what's happening around her now.
Old 2020-10-30, 12:46   Link #51
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Hmm. Well she definitely has charisma in the traditional sense of the word... but that pretty much goes with the genki MC archetype. I guess its kind of neat that its quantifiable now.

Also, that holo tablet kind of threw me after the Nokia 3310's.
Old 2020-10-30, 14:07   Link #52
Kazu-kun

If only it was that simple, but this skill sounds like the kind of thing that could get pretty ugly if Riri doesn't control it properly.
Old 2020-10-31, 02:36   Link #53
Liddo-kun
is this so?

a few more thoughts in episode 5... enjoyed the various reactions when Yuyu and Riri hugged. Milliam has her hair heart shaped - looks like she enjoy the mood, Kaede is of course jealous, Fumi is shooting pictures for the newspaper, Kuo is similar to Milliam - smiling, Yujia cover her eyes, but later took a peek on what's happening. lol

Looks like the place where the school is located has cool weather.. I never saw anyone of them sweating or feeling hot. Yuyu was sweating right away when she went to another location.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 05:06   Link #54
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

You know, it really reminds me situation with Akuma no Riddle. Haru had a similar special ability, which caused some drama with the other MC, Tokaku, at the end.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2020-11-03 at 20:32.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-03, 18:46   Link #55
Dark Wing

Riri's skill dose sound a bit scary however it could be the perfect compliment for Yuyu's berserker skill. With Riri being able to pull Yuyu back from the break when she starts to lose herself too much.

The drama will no doubt come into play with Yuyu wondering if what she's feeling for Riri is genuine or not.
Old 2020-11-05, 21:19   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

1 week break before next episode

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 06:52   Link #57
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

"Hitotsuyanagi team" sounds good. Riri being made leader of the team. Well, that's some responsibility put on her.

battle with really powerful Huge. It has the Charm that Yuyu lost.. so this is the Huge that killed Misuzu.
Yuyu's bad memories are trigerred again.. but Riri saves her once more.

looking forward to next week. Getting good! :>
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 10:50   Link #58
zerodragon

Episode 6

-Yuyu seem to have gain her closure and was able to kill the huge that killed her senpai

- most people figure Lilly is nothing more the huge in human form. most people see where this is going, i hope for a nice surprise from left field by the end

got a peek of Mai's rare skill which seem increase her speed and firepower(firepower from opening)

really enjoyed the team Neunwelt Tactic, seeing every pass the girl's magie color and personality with their comments reflect them. it made me smile watching with background music until Kaede start her pass

well we have to wait until Nov 20 for the next episode although not a surprise since the animation was higher in this episode with tracer and tactic scene taking a lot of work
Old 2020-11-06, 11:19   Link #59
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 6:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-06, 21:58   Link #60
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Adachi and Shimamura is okay and all but this is by far the better YuRi this season. Things were getting passionate for a moment there. I wonder who gets the recovered CHARM?

Is there a recap next week or is it preempted altogether?