AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Old 2011-04-29, 12:14   Link #541
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

A few avatars of Anaru with her hairs down in episode 3. Freebies of course

For other avatars (especially Menma, episode 1) see this post a few pages back.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:00   Link #542
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

What a unique series this turned out to be. Just marathoned the 3 episodes and I have to say i'm glad i gave it a shot. The show somehow gives a friendly air, unlike others.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:12   Link #543
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

It's possible Yukiatsu didn't lie about seeing Menma and sent everyone on a wild goose chase to have some alone time with Jinta.

(OK, not very likely.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:20   Link #544
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
We sympathize with Jinta because we've seen enough about him to empathize with him. We call Yukiatsu a sicko because the only two things we know about him are that he goes to a prestigious school and that he sniffs Menma's clothes. And then some of us think he cross-dresses as a dead girl.

Honestly, I wonder if that's the case, but...
If you look at things from the perspective of Anaru's friends, they know Jinta about as much as we know about Yukiatsu. For all they know, Jinta's some weirdo sitting at home doing weirdo things too. For all we know, Yukiatsu is actually at home not doing weird things like people are speculating. So in a way, I think the poster has a point.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:26   Link #545
Miraluka
Banned

Oh, I've just noticed the ED song voice is Kayano Ai, with her last role being Itsuwa from Index series, I knew it had a familiar tone .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:31   Link #546
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Oh, I've just noticed the ED song voice is Kayano Ai, with her last role being Itsuwa from Index series, I knew it had a familiar tone .
The first voice you hear in the ED song is Kayano Ai, but it's a trio (the other two being Tomatsu Haruka and Hayami Saori).
About Kayano Ai, other than Itsuwa she was Tachibana Isana in Yumekui Merry, if you've seen it. Considering that and how well she's performing with Menma, I think there's enough potential to become someone as a seiyuu.
Old 2011-04-29, 13:34   Link #547
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Monkey View Post
If you look at things from the perspective of Anaru's friends, they know Jinta about as much as we know about Yukiatsu. For all they know, Jinta's some weirdo sitting at home doing weirdo things too. For all we know, Yukiatsu is actually at home not doing weird things like people are speculating. So in a way, I think the poster has a point.
That's a fair point indeed. Again, I still think people are more put off with Yukiatsu, not by the fact that he's sniffing something in the first place (I am aware that people do this to remember other people by, and I think it's perfectly fine), but what he's actually sniffing and its potential implications - how in the world would he have obtained such a garment from a dead person without it coming off as creepy/dodgy in some way?

That's how I see it anyways, and if Menma had innocently given the garment to him while she were alive, that's fair enough and I can't really say anything about that, but given the current circumstances and what we know at the moment... :S

In any case, the guy really does need serious help (as does Jinta, he can see ghosts for goodness sake XD). I feel he's probably scarred deeper by Menma's death alone than any of the other five (whereas Jinta's problems, I'm starting to believe, have just compounded over the years - Menma's death, his mother's death, failing to get into a good school, etc.) and I wonder if it'll take more than his old friends to get over her death. Like I said earlier, I'm intrigued to see his development...

Anyways, I've had a whole day of work to think about this week's episode and, at the end of it, Tsuruko really is still the enigma of the group. Aside from the hints of a potential crush/love for Tsukiatsu, not much has been given up about how she used to fit in the dynamics of the group when she was younger. Was she a lonely girl who happened across this group of kids? Did she act like a mother/older sister of the group? Just how close was she to the other members of the group? It intrigues me that, although she still hasn't said Jintan or Anaru's names yet, she still uses the nicknames for Yukiatsu and Poppo, so she still clings to some memory/affection towards the gang in some way (though conversely, she keeps referring to Menma using her full name)...

I want to know so badly, waiting for the next episode is killing me... T.T

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~

Last edited by Tu101uk; 2011-04-29 at 14:06.
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:39   Link #548
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, Anaru still has it pretty bad. Letting her hair down + wearing a one-piece dress? Yeah, still wants to be like Menma. Though to be fair to her character, she is adding her own touches...

Menma still is the one that brings the most emotion for me though. It was quite touching during the scene with Jintan's mom's memorial, then amusement with her fascination of the sausage crab, and finally the irony that she wants to see her own ghost. Just a delight whenever she's on screen.

Tsuruko's dry-and-fact-of-the-matter 'bitchiness' is really getting points for me though. Even Yukiatsu isn't safe from her.

Now as for ghost Menma, yeah, there's just too many unknowns right now that anything is possible. Although I kinda want to rule Anaru out, considering that it didn't seem that ghost Menma had as big 'assets' as she does lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Not to disturb the discussion on disgust towards Yukiatsu, but does anyone else feel that there's little to discuss in the show? I don't think it says little, mind you: I think the show's great. I just feel that there's little to talk about, as it's a series of feelings (empathy) and moving on as compared to something cerebral.
I said as much a few pages back. While there are some small things people brought up, for the most part, they aren't nearly as 'polarizing' as say, the topics brought up in hanasaku iroha.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:54   Link #549
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Doesn't anyone find strange that Menma switches freely between 1st and 3rd person when referring to herself (and I do not mean in a childish/girlish way). For example, at the end of the episode she joined Poppo to search for herself (or her own apparition) after Yuikiatsu's suggestion... WTF
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 13:54   Link #550
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
I thought ep 3 was great ... but great in the sense of continuing to be great.
Old 2011-04-29, 14:02   Link #551
Tu101uk
~ Episode of Side A ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Menma still is the one that brings the most emotion for me though. It was quite touching during the scene with Jintan's mom's memorial, then amusement with her fascination of the sausage crab, and finally the irony that she wants to see her own ghost. Just a delight whenever she's on screen.
Menma really grew on me this episode. She really is an airhead, isn't she? Who in the world says "I'm dead too, but I'm doing just fine!"? XD And she's so adorable when she's looking at the crab-cuts in the sausages or when she tries to find her own ghost. Her innocence wasn't lost in the transition from life to death, unlike the rest of the gang, who experienced the whole loss of innocence, a necessary part of the process of growing up, a little bit earlier than most with Menma's death.

Quote:
Tsuruko's dry-and-fact-of-the-matter 'bitchiness' is really getting points for me though. Even Yukiatsu isn't safe from her.
Yup... XD Though I liked the fact she brought candles for the summoning, I don't know whether she was mocking the whole thing or was deadly serious about it (I could imagine her being that way :3)...

O-O~

~ Current Season Favourites... :: Ano Natsu de Matteru / Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! / Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou ~

Last edited by Tu101uk; 2011-04-29 at 15:24.
Tu101uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 14:04   Link #552
Iron Monkey

Although there are hints of Yukiatsu being some cross dressing weirdo, I'm expecting it not to be. Usually when they give the clues away so easily, its the creators trying to trick the audience.

I'm thinking maybe he is encouraging someone to dress like Menma, and thus buying all these girl clothes and accessories for this person. Maybe it's some classmate or childhood friend who has a thing for Yukiatsu.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 14:43   Link #553
Jarmel

This has been really great so far. No complaints from me. My first thought was that everybody was seeing their own version of Menma, which would have been highly interesting, but I think the crossdressing theory works better.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 15:09   Link #554
CWW
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tu101uk View Post
Menma really grew on me this episode. She really is an airhead, isn't she? Who in the world says "I'm dead too, but I'm doing just fine!"? XD And she's so adorable when she's looking at the crab-cuts in the sausages or when she tries to find her own ghost. Her innocence wasn't lost in the transistion from life to death, unlike the rest of the gang, who experienced the whole loss of innocence, a necessary part of the process of growing up, a little bit earlier than most with Menma's death.
I think Menma is more mature and sadder than she's letting on. In the first episode she was quite distraught from her mother's words causing her to bump against the table. In the second episode she didn't dare go in Anaru's room fearing her presence would make her sad. In this episode she cried twice during moments that made her remember the days when she was alive.

I think she has regrets of her own which may have something to do with her wish. She died at a very young age after all. Nothing wrong with feeling sad over that. She does a good job at hiding her sadness, which is admirable. I don't think it's going to last long though, since I suspect there's going to be a few tearjerkers before it ends.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 15:51   Link #555
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2011-04-29, 16:00   Link #556
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Menma really grew on me this episode.
Me too,CWW brings up a good point about her being sadder than she really is letting it appear to others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
This has been really great so far. No complaints from me. My first thought was that everybody was seeing their own version of Menma, which would have been highly interesting, but I think the crossdressing theory works better.
That was my impression as well before I started reading this thread,but the crossdressing theory has some serious proof behind it.
But I won't judge Tsukiatsu just yet,not to say that what he's doing isn't creepy but I'm sure that if he gets past his demons he'll show that he's not a bad person.

And also,not much discussion?I couldn't watch the episode yesterday,I watch it today and there's already 6 pages of posts to catch up on
Old 2011-04-29, 16:07   Link #557
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Menma really grew on me this episode. She really is an airhead, isn't she? Who in the world says "I'm dead too, but I'm doing just fine!"? XD And she's so adorable when she's looking at the crab-cuts in the sausages or when she tries to find her own ghost. Her innocence wasn't lost in the transition from life to death, unlike the rest of the gang, who experienced the whole loss of innocence, a necessary part of the process of growing up, a little bit earlier than most with Menma's death.
Yeah, Menma's the good kind of airhead. She's simply adorable. I liked how she kept changing her wish in order to manipulate Jinta (for his own good of course) too
She can actually be pretty smart.
Old 2011-04-29, 16:27   Link #558
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
I love Menma, so bad. She's the good type of airhead and she's just adorable, and the scene when they mentioned the Super Peace right after she did and she starts crying really moved me. I'm still iffy and thinking about how she can interact with things while supposedly being dead, but I'm just going to let all the surprises hit me. Amazing show, I haven't looked forward to a show each week this much in a while.
Midnight Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-29, 17:15   Link #559
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It's really hard to guess what's going on with Yukiatsu and Tsuruko since we haven't gotten that much from them. Does seem like there are numerous creepy possibilities going on with Yukiatsu. Might be cross-dressing as his dead friend, but it might be Tsuruko. Have him using that friendship to buy accessories though not sure for who. Maybe he's got a secret Menma shrine and needs accessories ? Either way does seem like he was throwing out a smug and kind of pathetic lie at the end of the episode. Brings the most stuff, arrives late, and then says something like that. Really does seem like he's trying to show up Jinta.

Anaru really will need to dump or deal with those friends of hers if she's going to get anywhere. Can't have them sabotaging any brief chances that she gets with Jinta. The white dress look was pretty interesting. You can see the stress she's been having between being influenced and trying to find her own self in the middle of it. Besides think the hair down look worked for her in this episode. Wish her the best in the series since it'll be tough with what Jinta is dealing with.

First time that group has been together in a while and the differences are apparent. Will see how close they can get as the series goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
A few avatars of Anaru with her hairs down in episode 3. Freebies of course
Will gladly use this one. Great job as always on the avatars.
Old 2011-04-29, 17:20   Link #560
Westlo
Lets be reality

*hopes for an Naruko with long hair blowing in the wind scene later on in the series for avvie material*

Quote:
Wow, Anaru still has it pretty bad. Letting her hair down + wearing a one-piece dress? Yeah, still wants to be like Menma. Though to be fair to her character, she is adding her own touches...
Originality is overrated, it's all about the execution baby and in that regard Naruko gets top marks!
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coming of age, drama, noitamina, slice of life, supernatural, tragedy