AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-28, 11:33   Link #1
Farmah

Thumbs up TREE OF SAVIOR - Ragnarok Online’s Successor (Anime MMORPG)

Tree of Savior, also known as Project R1, is a game currently in development by Korean developer IMC Games. Led by the "father of Ragnarok Online" Kim Hakkyu, this game aims to be the spiritual successor of Ragnarok Online 1.

Description:
Tree of Savior, also known as Project R1, is an MMORPG currently in development by Korean developer IMC Games.

Kim Hakkyu, the primary director of Ragnarok Online, left Gravity Corp. in 2002. Gravity was then left to develop Ragnarok Online 2 with a different team. As a result, the game adopted many elements from western MMORPGs such as WoW. Many RO fans viewed RO2 as a failure due to its streamlined look and inability to retain the uniqueness of the original Ragnarok Online. As a result, RO1 is more popular than RO2 to this day.

Tree of Savior, or "Project R1", aims to be the spiritual successor of Ragnarok Online 1. Led by Kim Hakkyu, the game will feature sprite-based character models in a 3D world (also known as 2.5D), much like the original RO.

Screenshots:

10/80 Classes:

Video:

Tree of Savior Official Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/treeofsavior?ref=ts&fref=ts

Tree of Savior Official Blog Site:
http://blog.treeofsavior.com/en/

Last edited by Farmah; 2014-07-21 at 06:50.
Farmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 12:50   Link #2
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Interesting... Good to know one of the reasons RO2 sucked so much is because Hakkyu left. Anyway, I wish him luck in this endeavor. The art for it looks very nice and the spites are high quality.
Old 2014-06-29, 01:14   Link #3
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say that does look really promising. Will admit I only played the original Ragnarok Online, but it's cool to see this kind of spiritual sequel.
Old 2014-06-29, 02:06   Link #4
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I have played both RO. The first gets the edge because of the room for customization and the fact that it still had an identity on its own compared to RO2 who seemed to have lost some of its soul.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 04:12   Link #5
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to say that does look really promising. Will admit I only played the original Ragnarok Online, but it's cool to see this kind of spiritual sequel.
One of my friends got me into Ragnarok Online, quite enjoyed it. This does look very promising.
Old 2014-06-29, 04:22   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

A long shot given the style of Korean MMOs, but I hope it's less grindy than Ragnarok...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 11:21   Link #7
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Does this have a release date? Hasn't this been in development for a long time? or am I thinking of another Korean MMO...
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 12:33   Link #8
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Watched the video preview and it was okay for me at the start until i heard 80 classes. Yes, that pretty much sold me. Can't wait for the international release.
Old 2014-06-29, 12:40   Link #9
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kana Futayo View Post
Watched the video preview and it was okay for me at the start until i heard 80 classes. Yes, that pretty much sold me. Can't wait for the international release.
I'm pretty sure that number is highly inflated.

Quote:
Q) Are there any special classes that we haven’t seen from the other games before?

A) Since we have about 80 classes, we do have special, diverse classes that you haven’t expected before. In TOS, there are master NPCs who help the growth of each class, to put it in other word, there are various types of classes as there are various types of NPCs. For example, if you met an Appraiser NPC in the game, there may be an Appraiser class. Or if you met a Shepherd NPC, you may be able to change your character’s class to Shepherd class.
I don't know about you, but I don't count market professions the same as actual game classes
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-29, 14:57   Link #10
Xacual

It depends on what kind of gameplay there is. In older MMOs, trade classes were just as much as a game class as a fighting class was. If the game is actually going to go back to those kind of roots of the genre then I'm completely and totally sold more than I was before.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-30, 00:08   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't know about you, but I don't count market professions the same as actual game classes
That's one of the reason I love Ragnarok Online, though. All those almost useless roleplaying classes. Nowadays dev doesn't dare to make any class that's underpowered or has no use in the actual game content, which just lose the charm of the old D&D feeling.

I just want my Elder Tale.
Old 2014-06-30, 13:42   Link #12
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I agree, having use for what was supposed to be roleplaying classes has more value. I've known many people who just want to sit down and be merchants and enjoy their time in the game. It's the immersion that makes it amazing.
Old 2014-07-01, 02:33   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Old 2014-07-05, 08:36   Link #14
Farmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Does this have a release date? Hasn't this been in development for a long time? or am I thinking of another Korean MMO...
There is english support and they're planning on making a global server/multi language support. No news on release dates though..
Old 2014-07-05, 12:30   Link #15
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Would love to hear the release date on time. Definitely want to play this when it first releases despite massive lag and such.
Old 2014-07-08, 22:08   Link #16
Farmah

Update:
Linker, Psychokino, Necromancer, and Sadhu Classes Gameplay Video
Old 2014-07-09, 00:58   Link #17
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Oh man, those are some very specialized classes with specific skills/playstyle. I can't imagine a whole lot of spell options for them, or they would have lots of 'duplicate' spells across multiple classes.

Of the four shown I think Necromancer has the most variety.
Old 2014-07-09, 01:08   Link #18
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh man, those are some very specialized classes with specific skills/playstyle. I can't imagine a whole lot of spell options for them, or they would have lots of 'duplicate' spells across multiple classes.

Of the four shown I think Necromancer has the most variety.
I am attracted to the Necromancer's style as well.
Old 2014-07-09, 01:19   Link #19
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Linker and Psychokino look fun to use. Linkers can be soft tanks and minor damage mitigators while Psychokinos can work together with line-damage or AOE damage skills for maximum efficiency.

Darn, if only I have a powerful enough PC to play this game.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-09, 01:23   Link #20
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

All those unique classes. Lovely. Now we only need the useless roleplaying subclasses and I think I have my Elder Tale.

Tags
anime, mmorpg, ragnarok online, tree of savior