Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-16, 09:47   Link #61
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
I tried my best. But I felt like ,it still can't compare to the original.I will take 10% or 5% will be fine ^^
10% of 35 bucks is like, $3.50 and 5% is $1.75. Don't think you could get too much with that
With your banner though, I think the word 'forums' is far too small compared to animesuki. Creates a bit of unbalance.
Old 2006-07-16, 10:01   Link #62
wao
OK.

Dear me, the USD must really have lost value in relation to SGD the last time I checked... it used to be 2 USD: 1 SGD but now US$3.50 is only SGD$5.50. I agree, you can't really get anything much from that Don't think you can even get a manga book nowadays at that price... unless it's a 2nd-hand one...

That is of course assuming it even wins, and I don't think my drawing will make it win... there are a lot of other, much better banner designers here in this forum Pity sarcasteak isn't around, he did some really awesome stuff for the winter one...

I'm still torn between the colour wash and non-wash versions of the first banner. I guess I'll go harrass more people tomorrow...
Old 2006-07-16, 13:15   Link #63
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
This is not my second entry anymore.

Last edited by Maxon; 2006-07-16 at 17:30.
Old 2006-07-16, 13:23   Link #64
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Okay now these are my first two entries for the moment I wonder if it'll stay like that till the end... Anyway post your comments.

Kairin and friend. Lack of autumn but still my favorite yet.

Multiple Kairin combo. Not sure about this one yet.

Old 2006-07-16, 14:56   Link #65
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Okay now these are my first two entries for the moment I wonder if it'll stay like that till the end... Anyway post your comments.

I like, I like. Although you forgot something. One of the rules is that the edges have to blend to the background so in other words, you cant have an image touching the sides, I believe.

I think they both look good. Maybe only 1 chibi Kairin would be better for the 2nd banner, though. Like, just the close up of the angry one (was thinking of doing that myself actually ).
Old 2006-07-16, 17:30   Link #66
Maxon
Demon Hunter

Send a message via MSN to Maxon
2nd entry (Improved).

Old 2006-07-16, 19:00   Link #67
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR

I also like your two entries. Maybe the top one would work better with a fall color scheme. As for the second one, I'm not sure what would work. If you go with Kiva's suggestion, I would suggest that you keep the smiling Kairin to balance out the angry one.
Old 2006-07-16, 20:16   Link #68
Shini_GamI
YuI

Send a message via MSN to Shini_GamI
@ JOJO'STAR - by blending the edges or making it smaller, everything will be really good =)

ok, I've blended the side of my previous one (submission 1) a bit now.... i've got two version, please check it out....

v.2
Old 2006-07-16, 22:02   Link #69
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
heres my new 2nd entry plz point out faults

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-16, 22:16   Link #70
Shini_GamI
YuI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
heres my new 2nd entry plz point out faults

hehe, nice yuki and mikuru ^_^ try outer glow on the text maybe and see what it turns out

my final work for my 1st and 2nd entry

Old 2006-07-16, 22:33   Link #71
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Deathkillz: Nice second entry, it just looks like it needs to be centered better than it is. (What? No Haruhi?? )

Shin_Gami: Your second entry looks good as well, just cut the halo effect around Ilya a bit so she stands out better and doesn't look like she's blending into the background.

Great work to the both of you! (Now only if I could come up with an idea for my second and third ones... )
Old 2006-07-17, 01:21   Link #72
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini_GamI
Erm.... i have my submission here, but the size is a bit over 30kb >.< its about 32KB i think.... i couldnt adjust any smaller, i've already made it the lowest quality i could save it as, well, i can lower the quality a bit more, but its going to be all messed up. but i will post it here anyway.

Please tell me if its alright or not, but I hope you let me go on this
I'm afraid I'm going to be a stickler about this. Previous contests limited the banners to 25k, so I know that good banners can be made at 30k or less. Be glad you didn't have to work with that more difficult restriction. If you can't get it down to 30k, then I'll reduce it myself when it becomes time to vote.

Aside from the size issue, I quite like it. It's very cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
I like, I like. Although you forgot something. One of the rules is that the edges have to blend to the background so in other words, you cant have an image touching the sides, I believe. .
The important question is if the image will look cut off when placed over the blue bar at the top of the forum. I generally say as a rule of thumb that it shouldn't touch the edge because that way you KNOW it is good. This looks like only the black line around the image touches the edge, so it is probably good, but I would really have to superimpose it to be sure.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-17, 09:57   Link #73
wao
OK.

OK, I made a decision for now. These are currently the submissions I have chosen to enter.

Submission 1
(27.2 KB)

Submission 2
(27.3 KB)

Since NoSanninWa has said nothing about them I assume they're not flouting any rules (either it doesn't look enough liek Kairin, or it doesnt have the words "forums", or whatever)

Because they're quite similar I might just enter only one banner in right at the end (and it doesn't split votes either).
Old 2006-07-17, 15:38   Link #74
PencilTest

Hmm... This might just be the thing to get me out of my artist block at the moment. I'll see what I can come up with the mascot. Though the banner's alittle narrower than I'm use to.
Old 2006-07-17, 22:38   Link #75
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
Not bad

I was about to point out the disturbing lack of Haruhi images, but this has quelled my response. For now.
Old 2006-07-18, 00:30   Link #76
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Since NoSanninWa has said nothing about them I assume they're not flouting any rules (either it doesn't look enough liek Kairin, or it doesnt have the words "forums", or whatever)
It looks enough like Kairin to qualify. I'm a little bit more concerned about the lack of the word Forums. I hope that you'll be willing to put our full name on your banner, even if the second part isn't as large, it should be there.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-07-18, 03:18   Link #77
Shini_GamI
YuI

My third submission
i thought the font looked a bit weird, anyone? comments welcomed ^_^
Old 2006-07-18, 12:07   Link #78
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Well, here's mine. Hope you guys like it.

I know you guys were expecting a new picture of Kairin. I'm sure you're all probably tired of seeing the same picture of Kairin but believe me when I say I tried, but the banner is just too narrow for me. I tried a front view and a profile view with not very good results. So I decided it would be best for now to use a picture I already did.

I have a plan though. If I can finish the wallpaper I'm working on, I think I can use Kairin in it to make a banner. Only problem is, I might not be able to finish it before the 27th. So if I do, I'll throw in another banner, but if I can't, then this will be the only one (will update it due to input if required).

So yeah, sorry to disappoint guys. I guess I'm just not a banner man.
Old 2006-07-18, 15:05   Link #79
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well here's my second banner entry:

Keeping my Haruhi Suzumiya theme going...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2006-07-18 at 15:39.
Old 2006-07-18, 20:08   Link #80
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

1st try ( I haven't got many ideas recently ^^; )

I see some pretty good banners here I'll try to make one with Kairin too

Tags
banner contest, contest