AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-20, 20:12   Link #41
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

i just want to give you guys warning that manga like this is kinda hard to make anime version good. mainly because

1) is not finished. is hard to end the anime unleash the make original ending (in which will probably happend anyway)
2) not incredibly popular like AoT. so chance it get proper budget is small
3) not to mention brutality. but that already covered
Old 2014-01-20, 20:38   Link #42
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
2) not incredibly popular like AoT. so chance it get proper budget is small
AoT is probably a bad comparison since it had garbage scheduling and looks pretty damn bad in a lot of instances as a result.
Whether Akame ga Kill is well-animated or not depends on who works on it and how good the scheduling is, not just budget.
Old 2014-01-20, 20:49   Link #43
Tenzen12

1. Considering there wasn't announced date of release it should be two or three seasons from now, maybe longer. By that time there can be as well good point for anime ending.

2. While it isn't as popular as AoT, is still VERY popular manga with own spin-off and big fandom. IMHO chances it get proper budgets are pretty good.

3. Cenzorship could do probably lot of damage to adaptation though, I have to agree with that. But considering that it's brutality is pretty much important part of settings and characters I hope it will not go that way.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:03   Link #44
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
AoT is probably a bad comparison since it had garbage scheduling and looks pretty damn bad in a lot of instances as a result.
Whether Akame ga Kill is well-animated or not depends on who works on it and how good the scheduling is, not just budget.
I found AoT is fine for what it is. certainly can be better and most fan want it to be perfect. but that just naive

really in order to make good manga adaptation it have to be

1) nearly complete or they can stop in a arc without any significant cliffhanger and plot hole. else you get anime original end
2) make sure that the content fit to 12/24/50 episode anime
3) good budget & staff

Akame already fail point 1 so chance are we going to get anime original end. I can see some place where they can end it. but they probably add some thing or 2 just to make it more grand

for point 2, given or available content it possible that they make it 24 ep anime but more likely we going to get 12 episode one since most of the fight is fast paced so the can compressed it to 1 our. possible but not favourable

point 3 is remain to be seen

tl;dr keep your expectation low. I dont see how this is can be as popular as AoT simply because is more gore than AoT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
1. Considering there wasn't announced date of release it should be two or three seasons from now, maybe longer. By that time there can be as well good point for anime ending.

2. While it isn't as popular as AoT, is still VERY popular manga with own spin-off and big fandom. IMHO chances it get proper budgets are pretty good.

3. Cenzorship could do probably lot of damage to adaptation though, I have to agree with that. But considering that it's brutality is pretty much important part of settings and characters I hope it will not go that way.
1) the anime already been worked waaaaay before the announcement. possible year before and general plot point already been set. unleash they have proper talk with the author. they only have last year content to work with.

2) define popular? AoT is popularity is on different scale. Akame popularity is modest really. it have sizeable fan but not popular enough to go beyond that. everybody can make spinoff if they want to. is not really indication wether it popular or not

3) TBH is not really super brutal and they can easily tone it down without need to censor it. doubt most of use bothered unleash you guys complain that it need more blood splash

Last edited by RRW; 2014-01-20 at 21:21.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:21   Link #45
Tenzen12

Anime original ending doesn't have to be necessarily worse than manga one, it all depends of skill of screenwriters and director. So as long as Kishi doesn't get involved there is hope.

Quote:
1) the anime already been worked waaaaay before the announcement. possible year before and general plot point already been set. unleash they have proper talk with the author. they only have last year content to work with.

2) define popular? AoT is popularity is on different scale. Akame popularity is modest really. it have sizeable fan but not popular enough to go beyond that. everybody can make spinoff if they want to. is not really indication wether it popular or not.

3) TBH is not really super brutal and they can easily tone it down without need to censor it. doubt most of use bothered unleash you guys complain that it need more blood splash
1) Unless they have proper talk with the author? I assume that as long as creative team have ambitions that should be first priority.

2)You are saying it like AoT was gauge for alocating budgets. It's not. From very begening it's popularity was abnormal. Number of works that can compare in metter of sales in recent few years could be probably counted on fingers of one hand and is nothing compared to amount shows that was released. BTW while anyone can make spinoff, if it's source work not realy popular noone will publish it. Spin-off = popular, that's how it goes. No exeptions.

3)As long as it doesn't hurt story, I don't realy care. Though I do think violence can be downplayed into point it can be troublesome.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-01-20 at 21:46.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:39   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I was surprised that Akame was published in Gangan Joker, the same magazine where Tasogare Otome × Amnesia was published.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-01-20, 21:55   Link #47
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
1) Unless they have proper talk with the author? I assume that as long as creative team have ambitions that should be first priority.
lol, if there is first priority in anime industry. it will be "how much money can we make?" everything else is secondary.

just dont over hyped your self especially in this type of manga. you just let yourself down. no matter how good the manga is. it doesnt mean the anime is as good as manga

only handful among hundred action anime like this is consider to be successful. even then there is big debate among manga reader and anime watcher and you just cannot satisfied both side
Old 2014-01-20, 21:59   Link #48
Tenzen12

Quote:
lol, if there is first priority in anime industry. it will be "how much money can we make?" everything else is secondary.

...I admit my defeat on this particular point. You are absoulutely correct.

Quote:
just dont over hyped your self especially in this type of manga. you just let yourself down. no matter how good the manga is. it doesnt mean the anime is as good as manga
While Akame is quite good manga, It's something I would get hyped about. And after Ars Nova I am well aware of that fact, but so far there is nothing that would point it will get either low budgets (that's actualy unlikely) or mayor screew-up in story telling yet.

Quote:
only handful among hundred action anime like this is consider to be successful. even then there is big debate among manga reader and anime watcher and you just cannot satisfied both side
It is possible satisfy both side, only quite difficult. On top of that AkG is quite adaptable. As I said as long as Kishi isn't involved it will be at least decent anime.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-01-20 at 22:13.
Old 2014-01-21, 11:40   Link #49
Jetzero Infinity

Teaser site is up
Old 2014-01-21, 23:38   Link #50
Excorsism

Hot damn, https://twitter.com/endergate01/stat...48286797254656

WHITE FOX! BANZAI!
Old 2014-01-21, 23:54   Link #51
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Sherm approves
Old 2014-01-22, 00:15   Link #52
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Glorious
Old 2014-01-22, 00:22   Link #53
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Glorious
Nobunaga status: Lovin' this shit!
Old 2014-01-22, 00:42   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Tweet was deleted.
Anyone know how accurate that actually was?
Old 2014-01-22, 00:49   Link #55
Excorsism

Quote:
Tweet was deleted.
Well, it was directly from the artist of the manga so...
Old 2014-01-22, 00:55   Link #56
OPN

Quote:
Tweet was deleted.
Very. It was from the artist of the manga and in addition to the white fox announcement said it has the full support from gangan joker and toho. The problem likely was his editor since he's been asking square to make an announcement on twitter for a while and this was probably it. If anyone wants to see the tweet I screencapped it before he deleted it.
Old 2014-01-22, 00:57   Link #57
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, there we go then.
Old 2014-01-22, 01:07   Link #58
Tsuchimikado
土御門 元春

It looks like he erased it. Probably he wasn't allowed to say it. Anyway here's a screenshot:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-22, 01:15   Link #59
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I want wakamoto for the prime minister!!

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2014-01-22, 01:44   Link #60
Seitsuki
Onee!

The prime minister is, deep down, just a cowardly fat fuck. He is not manly enough for GLORY TO WAKAMOTO ALL HAIL HIS MAJESTY!!!!.