AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-11-14, 20:40   Link #26141
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

On the topic of that doujin, note that it's a simulated Yuuno 'on an assumption' that he developed proportionately to Nanoha and co.

Plus with the whole thing about 'you're not allowed to come back tonight,' I'd say it's fairly safe to assume Raising Heart purposely accidentally set it to 'Easy Does Not Exist in My Dictionary' setting.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-14, 22:52   Link #26142
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
May have been posted before:

Spoiler for for size:

Pulled it off this page, which has a lot of Nanoha wallpaper:

http://ichocopun.wordpress.com/2010/...per-gallery-1/
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 09:19   Link #26143
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Old 2010-11-15, 15:09   Link #26144
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
MEI-E-DO!

Old 2010-11-15, 18:45   Link #26145
XAlight

After watching Ore no Imouto, hearing words like "this girl can bombard her opponent with attacks while smiling" and "the main theme of Meruru is about friendship" i instantly thought of this image with the destroyed city :

Nanoha - it's about befriending, too.
Old 2010-11-15, 19:10   Link #26146
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Added to that Yukari Tamura voices Meruru (and Kirino's friend Kanako). Watching ep 7, it really is like Kuroneko's criticisms can be aimed at Nanoha
Old 2010-11-15, 23:04   Link #26147
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Well I knew this was going to happen. The NanoFate zealots never fail to be predictable.

Yeah, some one reported the Yuunoha doujin and got it removed from Megaupload, despite the fact that it didn't violate any of the terms of service. Well, I suppose the staff don't have time to check all these links so anything that gets reported just gets removed.

Anyways, so now I guess if you want it you have to PM me for the link or otherwise I'm sure whoever reported it before will do so again. I again emphasize the fact that this is a non-hentai doujinshi so there shouldn't be any problems.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:19   Link #26148
Kaijo
Banned

Upload it again, and just don't hand out the url except via PM to people you trust. When it gets removed, you'll know who is doing it. You can also contact Megaupload and protest; tell them that the files you are uploading are safe and they are taking them down without even checking just because someone says so. Ask to have them reinstated, and if they refuse, let them know you will be taking your business elsewhere.

You can also use places like Rapidshare and hotfile. Not all places will immediately respond to people going "TAKE THIS DOWN CUZ IT BAD!" or you can also have someone set up a torrent file. Once it's on P2P, there's no way anyone can take it down, heh.

Edit to add: If the NanoFate zealots are reading this, know that "Whipped" is being deliberately delayed because of stupid things like this. I may even abandon it if the nonsense continues. It really saps my motivation to write for a childish fanbase. I may finish eventually, but actions like this just make it a lower priority.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:30   Link #26149
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
Upload it again, and just don't hand out the url except via PM to people you trust. When it gets removed, you'll know who is doing it. You can also contact Megaupload and protest; tell them that the files you are uploading are safe and they are taking them down without even checking just because someone says so. Ask to have them reinstated, and if they refuse, let them know you will be taking your business elsewhere.
The thing is I do actually pay for a premium megaupload account.

Quote:
You can also use places like Rapidshare and hotfile. Not all places will immediately respond to people going "TAKE THIS DOWN CUZ IT BAD!" or you can also have someone set up a torrent file. Once it's on P2P, there's no way anyone can take it down, heh.
Rapidshare and Hotfile suck, though Megaupload and Mediafire are the best filesharing sites around.

Also, I don't know how to make torrents, so if anyone wants to do so for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Old 2010-11-16, 00:08   Link #26150
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
The thing is I do actually pay for a premium megaupload account.
Good, then complain, tell them to reinstate the files, and tell them they risk losing your business if they delete things like this again without checking with you first. Tell them you'll pay for a Rapidshare or Hotfile account instead, and will tell all your friends to do the same.

Quote:
Rapidshare and Hotfile suck, though Megaupload and Mediafire are the best filesharing sites around.
In terms of free downloads, they are all the same to me. Yeah, those two are a bit better, but for most people do free downloads of something like this, which is just one file, it really doesn't matter. Put it up on all of them, using free accounts, and alternate telling people via PMs which to download from. When it gets removed, you'll know exactly who is passing on the information, and know not to tell them again.

And it'll be fun making the children play a game of whack-a-mole that they can't win.

Quote:
Also, I don't know how to make torrents, so if anyone wants to do so for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I admit I don't, as I've never had the need to. But I'm sure someone could do it. In fact, that might make a nice torrent; put all the Yuunoha doujins in one place, or perhaps all translated Nanoha doujins in general into one torrent. Someone wanna take that job?
Old 2010-11-16, 00:50   Link #26151
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
In terms of free downloads, they are all the same to me. Yeah, those two are a bit better, but for most people do free downloads of something like this, which is just one file, it really doesn't matter. Put it up on all of them, using free accounts, and alternate telling people via PMs which to download from. When it gets removed, you'll know exactly who is passing on the information, and know not to tell them again.

And it'll be fun making the children play a game of whack-a-mole that they can't win.
In terms of free downloads, Rapidshare still sucks. Its servers are temperamental with connections and are almost always overloaded anyway, so its near impossible to download. I'd suggest DepositFiles as an alternative though; its pretty nice when it comes to downloads.
Old 2010-11-16, 03:02   Link #26152
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Old 2010-11-16, 04:19   Link #26153
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
I admit I don't, as I've never had the need to. But I'm sure someone could do it. In fact, that might make a nice torrent; put all the Yuunoha doujins in one place, or perhaps all translated Nanoha doujins in general into one torrent. Someone wanna take that job?

making the torrent itself is easy it's registering it at trackers that can be tricky.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 07:45   Link #26154
Jimmy C

Speaking of file-sharing sites, I prefer Mediafire myself, because it pesters the downloaders less than any other such sites.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:06   Link #26155
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Edit to add: If the NanoFate zealots are reading this, know that "Whipped" is being deliberately delayed because of stupid things like this. I may even abandon it if the nonsense continues. It really saps my motivation to write for a childish fanbase. I may finish eventually, but actions like this just make it a lower priority.
If you want my two cents in the matter, I say all the more you should keep going with that fic, even prioritise it. Nothing is a bigger one-finger salute to the haters than persevering in the face of their barrage.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 10:35   Link #26156
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Especially when it's just one or two people who are being the assholes. Most people aren't unreasonable, but unfortunately this 'silent majority' is silent. Well, I guess it's partially their fault for not speaking up...

Anyways...

Old 2010-11-16, 11:02   Link #26157
ZeroIchiNi

Send a message via AIM to ZeroIchiNi
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
making the torrent itself is easy it's registering it at trackers that can be tricky.
That's just the only reason why I haven't offered making one yet. I don't know what is a good website for the trackers.
ZeroIchiNi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 13:11   Link #26158
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
I am a NanoFate zealot and I'm reading this, but I am afraid I cannot help you much. More importantly, what's "Whipped"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Thanks for posting that, I've found this by browsing the tags and it made my day:

Old 2010-11-16, 13:21   Link #26159
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
I am a NanoFate zealot and I'm reading this, but I am afraid I cannot help you much. More importantly, what's "Whipped"?
A NanoFate story that Kaijo's writing.

One that deals with more mature aspects of certain things.

I want Kaijo to update it too, but the way that NanoFate fans are acting is punishing everyone.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 13:25   Link #26160
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
It's a NanoFate fic I started writing that received a lot of positive response. Currently on hold, as my motivation to work on Future Tense is much higher.

All I'd really want to see from normal NanoFate people like you(you're not a zealot, just someone who likes the pairing), is that when you do see douchebaggery, you speak up and say, "Stop it, you're making the rest of us look bad." If enough people do this, they'll change or be forced out of their fandom. If you visit other NanoFate forums, speak up, try to identify them and get them banned from those forums. Identify zealot mods, too, if they are encouraging them (like the ones on danbooru that will deny Yuunoha pictures).

And if particular forums don't change, leave them and explain why. If enough people do that, the forum will die or dwindle to just a few. You can't do too much on your own, but speaking up will encourage others to, and as a group, you can better deal with the trolls making you look bad.

If someone were making me or my group look bad, I'd definitely speak and smack them silly.

Oh, Raiser, one other thing you can do: Ask Megaupload for the IP address or identifying information of the one who tried to pin child pron on your Yuunoha date doujin. Tell them it's for a court supeona, as you intend to charge someone with the crime of libel, and it's either going to be Megaupload, or the person who filed the report. This will at least get you the identifying information, even if it's just the IP address, and from there we can track exactly where it's coming from. I can then dig up all sorts of information, or get various accounts of theirs banned.

Trolls don't like being exposed to the light of day.

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw