AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 15:54   Link #2321
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, Crunchyroll is sponsoring the Solomid.net invitationals. Wonder how much overlap LoL and anime truly have? Doesn't seem to be helping with the DDoS though.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:13   Link #2322
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Is everyone lagging bricks on eune or is it just me?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 17:01   Link #2323
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Is everyone lagging bricks on eune or is it just me?
I've been having some pretty bad random ping/lag spikes, so maybe it isn't just you though I am on NA.

Also had a draven on my team get a penta kill early because the enemy WW decided I was worth his ult time and time again instead(as Ahri I was doing decent, but Draven was fed).
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:01   Link #2324
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Also had a draven on my team get a penta kill early because the enemy WW decided I was worth his ult time and time again instead(as Ahri I was doing decent, but Draven was fed).
I was spectating close to all of that game, I started watching at about 10 mins. Kona was Ahri and did fairly well. Her team's Fiora was way too kamikaze and the Jayce they had...it was effectively 4v5 thanks to that clown. Tank specced-WW was dominating on the other side, their Ezreal was decent. But as the game wore on, Draven kept avoiding dying and just got super fed because he was never first target...which is absurd because Kona was the only other one with a decent score on her side, yet they just didn't seem to care about Draven. So her side went from being 5 turrets down to a win thanks to a clutch battle at Baron. Enemy team did get Baron but Draven and Kona snapped 3 of them in the aftermath and pushed 3 turrets down, which instantly swung the momentum of the match. In the final battle, Draven got a penta and ends up 19-0-11. Still bewildered as to how the other team just never focused Draven...it was as if Kona had a huge 'Gank Me!' poster on her and they were magnetically drawn to her every time.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:15   Link #2325
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The new patch has fixed some issues with the game I used to have. It's no longer shutting down the game right after a match finishes and allows me to see the scoresheet - something I haven't had for months. In game is very stable. PvP.net d/cons are WAY less. Only thing that is still happening is the high amount of failures to load a match after the countdown sequence ends - I usually have to shut the game down and restart it to get in. Occassionally it launches properly but not that often.

After seeing Jayce in more matches, I don't think he's on the Hecarim-level of pointless, but I'm still confused about what Riot wanted to achieve with this guy. He seems to operate best as an offtank hybrid with some of the usual crit and lifesteal. But he still needs to be chaperoned a lot - which really isn't what you want from that kind of role. Jayce seems to suffer from 'jack of all trades but master of none.' The knockback and gate give me pause but with a true AD carry or a melee AD basher like Tryn, I don't fear Jayce. I feel his release was ill-timed because coming right after Pulsefire Ezreal, it just doesn't have that magnetic appeal. Jayce's lore is intriguing (his rivalry with Viktor is one of the better storylines I've seen in a while) but that's not much to go on. Can't help but feel that his skin design and move set weren't complete when he was released. Something feels missing.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:44   Link #2326
CaptainKoto

I never really thought about that, with Jayce. He DOES feel a bit incomplete...they also could have put more thought into his skin, I think. His skin reminds me of Nautilus lol. In game though, if the person knows how to use him he can be a bit of a problem if you're going against him. While his attacks aren't too difficult to avoid, they do decent damage if he lands them.
Maybe Riot will come up with something that will complete him, fill in the gaps.
CaptainKoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:49   Link #2327
CaptainKoto

Oh, have you guys heard about the next champ coming out? She might be interesting.
Old 2012-07-09, 11:55   Link #2328
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Zyra The Nature Mage? Yeah, she is intriguing. I might be persuaded to acquire her.

Spoiler for Zyra image:

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-07-09 at 12:09.
Last Sinner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 12:03   Link #2329
CaptainKoto

What do you think she'll be like?
Old 2012-07-09, 12:12   Link #2330
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Morello claims Zyra will feature something 'controversial'. Either way, the talk of Jayce has really been killed by the Zyra hype. Would explain why Jayce feels incomplete - they're more focused on getting Zyra right.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:15   Link #2331
CaptainKoto

Ah. Yeah, that would make sense. I'm kind of excited to see how she turns out, if she's supposed to feature something controversial. I can't really imagine what could be so different.
Old 2012-07-09, 14:00   Link #2332
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think Jayce is fine as he is. My build: boots, triforce, shurelia's, zeke's, last whisper. 6th slot's up to you, depending on what you want to boost more.

Main hitter: hyper charge, transform, field, to the skies, triple hit+KB. The bonus hammer damage will apply to all 3 hits from hyper charge, so you can deal heavy damage and get some mana back too. The KB recovery will give time for transform to refresh - you got gate, shot and a fresh hyper charge.

Also, while I assume most people go jungling and upgrade W first, Jayce -can- play bot/mid and focus on Q. The 40% bonus damage and 100% bonus range from gate is pretty huge.
Old 2012-07-09, 15:09   Link #2333
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

What do I think of Jayce? Simple thing

Especially after seeing his Full Metal skin.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-07-09 at 15:30.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 21:28   Link #2334
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Since I haven't really played or seem him this is just speculation but top lane Jayce should have no bad match-up with maybe the exception of Yorick. He can harass melees out of lane with his gun and if they ever dash on him you punch them away with the hammer or run through your gate.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 23:16   Link #2335
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So, does this make Jayce very compatible top lane? I personally haven't seen anything from him. Match-wise.

Edit: Looking at videos - Oh its Hammer-Time!

Edit: Alright, definitely going to buy him and his skin. And call top lane everytime
Old 2012-07-10, 00:35   Link #2336
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
So, does this make Jayce very compatible top lane? I personally haven't seen anything from him. Match-wise.
Jayce keeps being a case of "Enemy carries hard", or "On my team completely useless" for me .
MAL
Old 2012-07-10, 01:54   Link #2337
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Jayce keeps being a case of "Enemy carries hard", or "On my team completely useless" for me .
Give him a week until people L2P as Jayce, then you'll see less BFS stacking and more tanky dps builds. Also, as fun as it may be to accelerate a shot for 40% of the enemies' max HP, it's a precious escape/chase tool, always wasted on poking, of all things <_<

Fares well solo top, had some trouble vs Irelia and Lee Sin though. For all his tankiness, he lacks shields and on-hit HP regen, so if he gets low, he's forced back.
Old 2012-07-10, 03:41   Link #2338
Cream

Jayce seems to be the first champion that was released and didnt need an immediate nerf because of how op he is in a a while.

But yeah, orb gaming. Tried to tell people about how good they are, orb hai(their jungler) is a beast. I like them, hope they go far.

and he follows my tumblr yayyayaya
Old 2012-07-10, 03:58   Link #2339
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
Jayce seems to be the first champion that was released and didnt need an immediate nerf because of how op he is in a a while.
Ehhh?... they didn't nerf Draven, Varus, Fiora, Hecarim, or Sejuani (though Sejuani, Hecarim, and Fiora were UP at release and still sorta of are....)

Only Lulu, Darius, Ziggs, and Nautilus were OP at release .

Also I brought Sejuani for jungling since I was debating between her and J4 and I just disliked J4's playstyle after trying it a bit this week while both were free, but I am debating runes:
Marks: Mpen vs AS
Glyphs: MR(or /lvl) vs CDR
Quints: AS vs MS
Seals: Armor(duh I am jungling).

And Masteries I like 0/21/9 on her, but some people seem to claim 9/21/0 is better...
MAL
Old 2012-07-10, 05:51   Link #2340
Kafriel
Senior Guest

For Sejuani, Mpen marks - after all, your clear speed is based on the AoE from your W. I always use MR glyphs, I like round CDR values. MS (coz she's slow as fuck) or HP quints (to up your armor use).

For jungle masteries I use 9/12/9, picking up armor, Hp5, 4 dmg block, dmg return and improved skillz. Why would you want AS for Sejuani, her Q automatically slows everyone in range, so it becomes less useful after your first jungle run.

Tags
league of legends, lol