AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-12-05, 14:18   Link #24721
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinso Tsukune View Post
I just thought about something. Akasha was wearing armor at the time she fought Alucard in the past, I wonder if her armor came in to being the same way or in a similar manner like Moka and Tsukune's armor.
I thought the same thing. I mean would make sense, especially if we consider the reaction of Alucard.

Of course we can't be sure until the author will not tell us the true about the armor. BUt the fact that all three of them have some kind of armor make me think that is safe to assume that the armor born from their shinso power.

Also if we think about it, the black jet form of Tsukune was like a armor as well, I mean just think as what happen after what Kurumu did to bring him back.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 18:18   Link #24722
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
What if the Bus Driver is Moka's father in disguise? This thought has crossed my mind before.
Holy nuts, how many times have I said this!! >:/
Old 2013-12-06, 00:35   Link #24723
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Maybe those eggs that are draining power from the barriers of various communities will play a roll in preventing a total loss to Alucard. By drawing upon those and causing a power drain surge, it may nearly exposes the full extent of the youkai world to the humans. A bad scenario that would be.

This event does bring home some hope of the possibility that Moka and Tsukune could "salvage" Akasha from Alucard's wrecked husk... that is, if she herself wasn't caught in the destructive blasts that could destroy her along with Alucard. Though surely with their new abilities, they should be able to sense where she is exactly even despite Moka's link to her being severed. I want my Akasha! Though I highly doubt she would look very good in her initial state until she healed back to body into it's previous form. I'm almost thinking she would look like a tentacle covered abomination until her own abilities take over to restore her true form again.
Old 2013-12-06, 00:39   Link #24724
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

It would be nice if Akasha's body had reconstituted itself while inside Alucard again but it might be wiser NOT to blast him full of holes until it was confirmed or not...
Old 2013-12-06, 03:12   Link #24725
Alhazad2003

Quote:
I just thought about something. Akasha was wearing armor at the time she fought Alucard in the past, I wonder if her armor came in to being the same way or in a similar manner like Moka and Tsukune's armor.
I... sort of doubt it. Her armor looks like it was actually forged in the traditional manner, as was her sword. Granted it probably had magical properties, though I doubt it was created from her youki alone. And remember, that was when her blood was pure, before she sealed Alucard away. Whereas with Tsukune and Moka, their armor looks like parts of Alucard's body, most likely due to his blood within them. Hopefully we find out when Akasha reappears in the story, which should be very soon at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
It would be nice if Akasha's body had reconstituted itself while inside Alucard again but it might be wiser NOT to blast him full of holes until it was confirmed or not...
Ditto, Moka would be devastated if she killed her own mother trying to stop her eternal enemy. Bad enough losing Omote, but losing her own mother, and by her own hand no less. I wouldn't be surprised if she contemplated suicide after such a debacle, let's hope it never comes to that. Until then...

Last edited by Alhazad2003; 2013-12-07 at 04:37.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 12:19   Link #24726
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
I... sort of doubt it. Her armor looks like it was actually forged in the traditional manner, as was her sword. Granted it probably had magical properties, though I doubt it was created from her youki alone. And remember, that was when her blood was pure, before she sealed Alucard away. Whereas with Tsukune and Moka, their armor looks like parts of Alucard's body, most likely due to his blood within them. Hopefully we find out when Akasha reappears in the story, which should be very soon at this point.

Ditto, Moka would be devastated if she killed her own mother trying to stop her eternal enemy. Bad enough losing Omote, but losing her own mother, and by her own hand no less. I wouldn't be surprisedif she contemplated suicide after such a debacle, let's hope it never comes to that. Until then...
Perhaps it might look that way because Akasha is a proficient user of the Shinso power, so it could have made her armor more refined than Moka's and Tsukune's armor.

As for Akasha, Ikeda isn't going to have her offed like that offscreen, that would be really stupid.

Last edited by Tachibana; 2013-12-06 at 14:25.
Tachibana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 19:39   Link #24727
chrono25

Moka's blood was injected into Tsukune there it stayed for a least a year changing him into a ghoul and mutating somewhat when he was modified then he injects it back in to her which caused the reaction between the two and her armored form could be somewhat influenced by his form like an echo

this could be how her forms appearence looks somewhat like his
chrono25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 04:47   Link #24728
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Perhaps it might look that way because Akasha is a proficient user of the Shinso power, so it could have made her armor more refined than Moka's and Tsukune's armor.

As for Akasha, Ikeda isn't going to have her offed like that offscreen, that would be really stupid.
Hopefully we get some sort of explanation in the next two chapters, to me Akasha's armor seems too intricate to have been created by her youki alone. Though yes, she's definitely far more proficient as a Shinso, she could've easily blasted a hole through her eternal enemy, not two Shinso noobs like Tsukune and Moka. That seems way too far-fetched, and I hate plot points that are too far-fetched, to me it makes the author look bad.

Probably, that would be pretty stupid. They're gonna need Akasha's help for this one, unless she's gonna be the "bomb" that ends Alucard once and for all (or so they think). But we'll see.
Old 2013-12-07, 15:15   Link #24729
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Ohhh yeaah!! Good stuff here. Can't wait for the next chapter.
Old 2013-12-07, 17:37   Link #24730
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Hopefully we get some sort of explanation in the next two chapters, to me Akasha's armor seems too intricate to have been created by her youki alone. Though yes, she's definitely far more proficient as a Shinso, she could've easily blasted a hole through her eternal enemy, not two Shinso noobs like Tsukune and Moka. That seems way too far-fetched, and I hate plot points that are too far-fetched, to me it makes the author look bad.

Probably, that would be pretty stupid. They're gonna need Akasha's help for this one, unless she's gonna be the "bomb" that ends Alucard once and for all (or so they think). But we'll see.
Holes like that happen a lot with alucard his skin isn't armored just has an extremely powerful regenerative factor so damage is negated.

Lucky the shinso noobs arrived otherwise human military forces would give the go ahead for nukes
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 00:04   Link #24731
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
It'll be funny seeing the look on Mikogami and Fuhai's faces at Tsukune and Moka's transformation. I can only hope it's as funny as the look they had when they first felt the energy surge.

Also, a strange and perverted thought struck me while reading Akua's description of what was going on inside the power vortex, and it sounded like the energies between them were having a rough and raunchy love making session.
Old 2013-12-08, 14:42   Link #24732
Tachibana
タチバナ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
It'll be funny seeing the look on Mikogami and Fuhai's faces at Tsukune and Moka's transformation. I can only hope it's as funny as the look they had when they first felt the energy surge.

Also, a strange and perverted thought struck me while reading Akua's description of what was going on inside the power vortex, and it sounded like the energies between them were having a rough and raunchy love making session.
Thats what happens during those sessions, a vortex of energy surrounds both individuals causing their bodies to crumble away like ash, thats why we have to choose between life and a gruesome death, it's a tough call.
Old 2013-12-09, 00:52   Link #24733
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Holes like that happen a lot with alucard his skin isn't armored just has an extremely powerful regenerative factor so damage is negated.

Lucky the shinso noobs arrived otherwise human military forces would give the go ahead for nukes
With how the fast the arc is going, it's like Alucard is being nuked. Seriously, I am having flashbacks of Gyokuro as this chapter drags on: she was also supremely overconfident and underestimated her opponents, only to have been felled by an inferior opponent who shouldn't have beaten her. Same thing happening here. I just hope Alucard turns this around next chapter, he really hasn't done anything to demonstrate he's a worldwide threat. In One Punch Man terms he's barely qualifying as a Disaster Level Demon (threat to a whole city), when all the hype he's received shows him to be beyond Disaster Level Dragon (threat to multiple cities) and clearly a Disaster Level God (threat to all humanity). And if a pair of barely awakened Shinsos can hurt him this badly, then nukes aren't necessary. I doubt they'll even be deployed, it would essentially defeat the purpose of the story, which I wonder will even be fulfilled in a plausible manner. Hopefully Ikeda can this story around, because I see it flailing about at this juncture. But we'll see.
Old 2013-12-09, 01:13   Link #24734
bludvein

To be fair, they said Alucard was a threat to all of humanity a couple hundred years ago. They just didn't have the firepower to defeat him. Nowadays they could drop a nuke on him and call it a day, although that would obviously be a last resort.

Im guessing Mikogami negotiated to give them a chance first so that they could prove their intentions. Since the plan seems to be to end the masquerade, it would leave a pretty poor impression if the first monster to act in public is a psycho xenomorph that they had to destroy a city to kill. Gotta clean up their own messes.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 10:26   Link #24735
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
To be fair, they said Alucard was a threat to all of humanity a couple hundred years ago. They just didn't have the firepower to defeat him. Nowadays they could drop a nuke on him and call it a day, although that would obviously be a last resort.

Im guessing Mikogami negotiated to give them a chance first so that they could prove their intentions. Since the plan seems to be to end the masquerade, it would leave a pretty poor impression if the first monster to act in public is a psycho xenomorph that they had to destroy a city to kill. Gotta clean up their own messes.
A nuke could really blow the living day lights out of him, and multiple nukes wouldn't even leave a atom of him.

Poor thing is way too overconfident....

Last edited by Ougon; 2013-12-09 at 10:39.
Ougon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 11:30   Link #24736
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
A nuke could really blow the living day lights out of him, and multiple nukes wouldn't even leave a atom of him.

This kind of happened in a fanfic except the consequences were world turned into a wasteland
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2013-12-10, 00:45   Link #24737
Alhazad2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post

Really? How do you know he doesn't have a few nukes at his disposal? Someone tries firing a nuke at him, he might actually return the favor. Considering how human his followers can make themselves look, they could commandeer a few nukes and no one would know, until it was too late. So I wouldn't be too confident in the "nuclear option," it's the biggest double-edged sword in the book. And in this story, which tells of the struggle of coexistence between humans and monsters, nukes would completely ruin that. So don't be too disappointed if Ikeda doesn't employ the nuclear option, it would cause a lot more harm than good.
Old 2013-12-10, 17:50   Link #24738
Breimoon

just a thing: manmade virus.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 18:05   Link #24739
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

How is this story a "struggle between humans and monsters"? Everything I saw until now indicates that "monsters > humans" in every way when it comes to violence. It is no surprise though... "humanity is incompetent" is a widely used trope on such stories (see: Hellsing, Van Helsing, Blade etc.)
Old 2013-12-10, 18:59   Link #24740
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Really? How do you know he doesn't have a few nukes at his disposal? Someone tries firing a nuke at him, he might actually return the favor. Considering how human his followers can make themselves look, they could commandeer a few nukes and no one would know, until it was too late. So I wouldn't be too confident in the "nuclear option," it's the biggest double-edged sword in the book. And in this story, which tells of the struggle of coexistence between humans and monsters, nukes would completely ruin that. So don't be too disappointed if Ikeda doesn't employ the nuclear option, it would cause a lot more harm than good.
Considering how much of a racist bunch fairy tale are them having human allies or infiltrators that could stomach living among humans and making nice would be unlikely at best plus monsters are too proud to be smart here they believe in physical power nothing else.

Plus most of the stuff they had was borrowed monsters sadly can't invent worth anything.

Witches might be different unfortunately monsters hate them as bad if not worse than humans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
just a thing: manmade virus.
To dangerous there is a reason bio weapons are not commonly used they have habit mutating and going out of control

Last edited by Yorae_paladin1; 2013-12-10 at 22:42.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire