Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-29, 14:52   Link #61
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahh I see my joke is lost on the world wide web

hate to explain a joke but guess I better.
It doesn't mean anything I was just jokingly saying it cause of what Rainbowman said he there was something about what senji_kun said about the Monkey D brothers working for Buggy. I just jjokingly pointed out that they aren't both called Monkey D. Hope that explains it

I know that Ace just took on a different name and they are both still very much Monkey Ds

I have very strong family bonds, family is family to me even if they have a different name
Old 2008-12-29, 15:08   Link #62
seiji_kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
ahh I see my joke is lost on the world wide web

hate to explain a joke but guess I better.
It doesn't mean anything I was just jokingly saying it cause of what Rainbowman said he there was something about what senji_kun said about the Monkey D brothers working for Buggy. I just jjokingly pointed out that they aren't both called Monkey D. Hope that explains it

I know that Ace just took on a different name and they are both still very much Monkey Ds

I have very strong family bonds, family is family to me even if they have a different name
Ain't that how it usually goes on the internet anyway? Or at least that's my impression. But sorry then thougth you were serious since I think Rainbowman was referring to Nami since I said bye strawhats.
Old 2008-12-29, 17:33   Link #63
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by seiji_kun View Post
Ain't that how it usually goes on the internet anyway? Or at least that's my impression. But sorry then thougth you were serious since I think Rainbowman was referring to Nami since I said bye strawhats.
Yeah, when doesn't he think about Nami...? It's a little creepy.
Old 2008-12-29, 18:28   Link #64
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Great characters often have fan(boy/girl)s, so I guess we should expect a few rabid fans. If he starts making fan-fics and doujin about her... that's another story.

I just realized that now that Luffy is under water, he'll screw everyone if he uses Gear 3rd.
Old 2008-12-29, 18:41   Link #65
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I just realized that now that Luffy is under water, he'll screw everyone if he uses Gear 3rd.
maybe but I'm guessing the important parts of the prison that keep it standing and water tight are made out of seastone, if not most of the prison is made of it. I have no doubt the place is made to withstand quite the beating.

which points me to, if it did crumble if hit with Luffy's Gear 3rd I would say the WG is epic fail at making a sturdy prison on a comisc scale.

but I have faith that place is build to last
Old 2008-12-29, 18:44   Link #66
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
I saw a Hentai like that once...
Old 2008-12-29, 19:55   Link #67
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
I have a feeling you've seen SEVERAL Hentais like that.... I know I have.

Still, this week there is no One Piece? Or was that last week? I can't remember.
Old 2008-12-29, 21:31   Link #68
marvelB

Yeah, the chapter should be out this week. Seeing as spoilers came out super-early, the chapter itself should come out pretty early, as well.....

....However, we'll have another two-week waiting period on our hands after 527 comes out. I kinda doubt that we'll be fortunate enough to get a second leaked spoiler, but we'll see.....
Old 2008-12-30, 03:12   Link #69
Master Mold
Banned

well then, I'm looking forward to One Piece next Year, can't say many things happened this year.
Old 2008-12-30, 09:06   Link #70
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Why should they make the prison this robust?

If a prisoner (or 'visitor' like Luffy) were really so stupid to make something that could destroy the outer walls, the incoming water would be an excellent failsafe to avoid the prisoners from escaping.
IMHO it would be stupid if it were this sturdy.
Unless ofcourse, the prisoner was a fishman... *cough*Jinbei*cough*
not to mention, the prison seems to be lacking in fishman guards
Old 2008-12-30, 14:20   Link #71
marvelB

So... the full chapter is out (it's not in the best quality, but it's the full thing nonetheless)! Man, Buggy is just so freaking awesome. I really liked that "circus" attack he used against that one gorilla, even though it wasn't all that effective. I also see that he's carrying a rather large axe with him (I guess he swiped it from one of the gorillas, but he still looks pretty badass with it, IMO). Of course, his interaction with Luffy is just as hilarious as ever (I especially love his expression when he crashes into the guards' room! ). Unsurprisingly, Luffy gives Buggy the armband right from the get-go, showing that he's just as naive as ever. As noted from the summary, Buggy was pretty much going to give Luffy the slip before that one bluegori came and chopped his head off, which resulted in his body falling down to level 2 (which means that he pretty much has to follow Luffy now)....

And man, that "crimson hell" is insane! The prisoners there are literally covered in blood! We know that level 2 contains a bunch of bloodthirsty beasts, but now I'm really looking forward to the horrors of level 3 and beyond....

Oh, and I'm not entirely certain that Mr. 3's wax keys will be as great a help this time around, as some people previously thought. Seeing as Impel Down is supposed to be an inescapable prison, this might mean that the cells probably have seastone locks or are specially built so that fake keys won't work on them. I'd think that Luffy would have to swipe the actual keys from the guards if he's going to break out any prisoners.....
Old 2008-12-30, 15:14   Link #72
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtseisRagnarok View Post
Yeah, when doesn't he think about Nami...? It's a little creepy.
To answer your question: When I don't think about Nami as I'm posting, that's because there are other things of interest that I'd be asking about. i.e.: Doflamingo's powers, appearence of Jinbei, actual appearence of Admiral Akainu, etc.
With Nami's current situation, I fear for her safety and hope she can reunite with Luffy and the others. I'm sure those Nami fans would agree with me, right? < "Anyone join in any time now."

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And man, that "crimson hell" is insane! The prisoners there are literally covered in blood! We know that level 2 contains a bunch of bloodthirsty beasts, but now I'm really looking forward to the horrors of level 3 and beyond....
That's exactly the kind of horrors I've been talking about and as I've said, I'm sure glad Nami isn't at Impel down.

Last edited by Rainbowman; 2008-12-30 at 15:24.
Old 2008-12-30, 17:21   Link #73
Umaibo

What a crazy chapter. Luffy + Buggy makes a great combo. One of them is gun resistant, the other is sharp-weapon resistant. What is more is that they can fly-- rofl.

I guess Mr. 3 might join in the party, which would be crazy.
Old 2008-12-30, 23:52   Link #74
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

alright, something has me thinking.

Buggy's crew is gone.
He is seeing the light (emotionally).

I think there is a possibility he will join the strawhat crew.
Old 2008-12-31, 00:17   Link #75
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post

Buggy's crew is gone.

Yes, some people have already considered that possibility. While I do sort of like the idea of Buggy joining Luffy (I'd MUCH rather have him join than Hancock), I have to say that I have many doubts about it actually happening at this point.

Yes, it's true that his crew had abandoned him, but that was really because of Alvida. The fact that they went through the trouble of buying an eternal pose and travelled through the Calm Belt to rescue him obviously shows that Buggy's crew cared for him. Plus, they also wanted to search for Captain John's treasure, as well. Now that Luffy gave him the armband that's actually used to locate the treasure in question, he doesn't really have a reason to stick with Luffy anymore (and he WAS about to to give him the slip before the bluegori came and distracted him). Plus, seeing as Buggy's dream isn't really as grand and is more selfish compared to the rest of the Straw-Hat's dreams (he simply wants to plunder treasure), I can't really see him joining.... at least, not permanently anyway (though I certainly wouldn't mind if it he actually did). I still think it's more likely that his own crew will come back for him after he escapes from the prison (possibly after ditching Alvida).....
Old 2008-12-31, 00:38   Link #76
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hehe you know as I see it, Luffy escapes the worlds most dangerous prison, the WG's best and the greatest peril he's ever been in...yet after all this

......he'll be killed at the hands of none other than, Nami......when she finds out what the armband is for
Old 2008-12-31, 00:57   Link #77
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Exactly what I was thinking when Nami gave it up with basically no second thought. However, without a crew or even a ship, how does Buggy intend to find it? Answer: Join the Strawhats?!

I still think it's not such an outlandish idea.
Old 2008-12-31, 11:51   Link #78
marvelB

As I already said, I'd have no objections to Buggy joining, but.... well, I think I'd rather just wait and see how the storyline develops before I can fully support the idea. Still, Luffy and Buggy certainly do make an awesome team. I loved seeing the both of them fly through that forest.....

Speaking of that, I read a full translation of the chapter and Buggy actually told Luffy that the forest also had poisonous spiders, along with the needle grass and sword trees (goddamn!). Also, there may be more than one floor below level 5 (at least that's what the translation implied, anyway). So... I guess guys like Crocodile and Jinbei may be imprisoned in one of those lower levels, along with Ace......
Old 2008-12-31, 12:24   Link #79
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post

Buggy's crew is gone.

Here's another idea: what if Buggy joined up with Hancock, instead? Maybe she would join him to chase after Luffy

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because it'd mean that Buggy will be travelling with the 2 most beautiful women in the world...And I really want to see what Hancock and Alvida's reaction would be to each other.
Old 2008-12-31, 12:27   Link #80
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vree View Post
Here's another idea: what if Buggy joined up with Hancock, instead? Maybe she would join him to chase after Luffy

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because it'd mean that Buggy will be travelling with the 2 most beautiful women in the world...And I really want to see what Hancock and Alvida's reaction would be to each other.
That would be lovely.
Perhaps a new relationship for the shippers? Alvida/Hancock, anyone?
Closed Thread