AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2016-01-13, 19:17   Link #21
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Is there a special reason why the site isn't rendering well in MS Edge even though it's a Windows 10 browser? None of the icons or avatars are loading correctly for me on MS Edge.

Just as a note, MS Edge uses all of the latest browser technologies and doesn't conform to any of the "legacy" ones. I'm pointing this out just in case, here.
I use Edge and I haven't seen any problem (aside from the yt tag requiring Flash).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-14, 08:55   Link #22
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Edge doesn't even have Extension Support yet. What did you do?

Edit: For me, the icons all load only as those boxes with X marks in them, and the Animesuki Forums banner doesn't show up at all. If someone has any idea on how to fix this, let me know, please.
Old 2016-01-15, 03:38   Link #23
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Is there a special reason why the site isn't rendering well in MS Edge even though it's a Windows 10 browser? None of the icons or avatars are loading correctly for me on MS Edge.

Just as a note, MS Edge uses all of the latest browser technologies and doesn't conform to any of the "legacy" ones. I'm pointing this out just in case, here.
I run Windows 10 too and while I don't use Edge, I've just tested and it works just fine.

All static files such as the ones you mentioned (avatars, banners) are loaded through a CDN (Content Delivery Network) though.

And to make HTTP/2 possible all those files are loaded through HTTPS. Is HTTPS content blocked/filtered? If so, that is the cause of the problem.

Here is a direct link to one of the files to test with (my avatar):
https://cdn-forums.animesuki.com/ima.../avatar1_7.gif
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-15, 10:46   Link #24
DragonOsman
Dragon King

HTTPS works fine for me on MS Edge. Is there any way to troubleshoot problems with CDN?

I couldn't get to that page with Edge at all. I tried troubleshooting the network connection, but I got an error message in it at the end saying, "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer". Apparently, it's a problem with a registry entry set to not allow all users permission. I thought I'd already fixed it, though, but it's still happening.

Edit: For some reason, the page is blocked in Saudi Arabia. This is really crazy.

Edit2: Yeah, this seems to be the problem. Disabling Browsec (one of Google Chrome's VPN Extensions) made the problem come up in it. CDN is blocked in Saudi Arabia.

I did a Google Search and I saw a site talking about several reasons why using CDN for a website is bad. I think you guys should go and take a look.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2016-01-15 at 11:58.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-16, 23:31   Link #25
zzhk
Summary Machine

Just for reference, cdn-forums.animesuki.com is classified as "P2P/File sharing" by OpenDNS, which means that it is also blocked in institutions using OpenDNS for content filtering.

Oddly enough, forums.animesuki.com is okay, so the forum is at least functional except without images and javascript. It does make the new-style spoiler tags (including images, nsfw, tldr etc) a pain to open, because the only way to read their contents is by quoting the original post to get the code/text inside.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 08:03   Link #26
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Edit: For some reason, the page is blocked in Saudi Arabia. This is really crazy.

Edit2: Yeah, this seems to be the problem. Disabling Browsec (one of Google Chrome's VPN Extensions) made the problem come up in it. CDN is blocked in Saudi Arabia.
I kind of suspected that was the problem, though I am not sure why.

Another test: https://cdn-forums.emulator-zone.com.../avatar1_1.gif can you open/view this image?

It is hosted on the same CDN but the domain has different tags ("Games") on OpenDNS. If that also doesn't work I'll open a trouble ticket with the CDN provider.

Quote:
I did a Google Search and I saw a site talking about several reasons why using CDN for a website is bad. I think you guys should go and take a look.
There are way more reasons to use a CDN than not to. I don't have any statistics/metrics, but I suspect a good number of people will find the forums load slightly/significantly? faster for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Just for reference, cdn-forums.animesuki.com is classified as "P2P/File sharing" by OpenDNS, which means that it is also blocked in institutions using OpenDNS for content filtering.

Oddly enough, forums.animesuki.com is okay, so the forum is at least functional except without images and javascript. It does make the new-style spoiler tags (including images, nsfw, tldr etc) a pain to open, because the only way to read their contents is by quoting the original post to get the code/text inside.
That's a problem. From what I can tell it is caused by cdn-forums.animesuki.com not being "tagged" before, therefore inheriting the tags from the parent domain: animesuki.com ("Note: Because this domain is not approved in any categories, it inherits the tags of animesuki.com"). So that's why it is tagged "P2P/File sharing".

I've created an OpenDNS account and suggested tags for cdn-forums.animesuki.com which once approved/processed etc should solve this problem.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 10:44   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

If you have OpenDNS as a resolver, you could use Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the interim while GHDPro gets things sorted out with OpenDNS.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-17, 18:14   Link #28
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
If you have OpenDNS as a resolver, you could use Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 in the interim while GHDPro gets things sorted out with OpenDNS.
Google Public DNS works great, thanks!
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-21, 22:25   Link #29
monster

I'm getting a certificate error for this website today, complaining about it being expired.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 00:30   Link #30
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Yeah, Chrome would block the website too.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 01:10   Link #31
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I noticed it too on firefox, trying to see what happened.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 03:18   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
I'm getting a certificate error for this website today, complaining about it being expired.
Same here, though cdn-forums seems to work.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-22, 04:39   Link #33
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Me too.

(10 characters)
Old 2016-05-22, 05:04   Link #34
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Whew, good to know I wasn't the only one.
Old 2016-05-22, 05:08   Link #35
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Confirming the SSL certificate has expired:

Old 2016-05-22, 22:24   Link #36
G0rd0

Im really slow when it comes to tech stuff should i be worried about this or something if you guys dont mind answering
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 00:35   Link #37
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMafioso View Post
Im really slow when it comes to tech stuff should i be worried about this or something if you guys dont mind answering
Unofficial statement: It's more a low threat technical issue that should be fixed, but isn't something to panic or really be overly concerned about, imo.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 11:18   Link #38
AP24

For now I can access the forum site using my iphone's Safari.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-23, 22:11   Link #39
G0rd0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotohono View Post
Unofficial statement: It's more a low threat technical issue that should be fixed, but isn't something to panic or really be overly concerned about, imo.
Thank you very much
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-24, 02:55   Link #40
c933103
FTNR

I can't skip the https warning in my chrome for android browser (it have no button that can allow skip the warning) and thus unable to access the forum via my phone in HTTPS. (The only solution provided by Chrome is to change my phone's time but that's not what i want to do)
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote